Dear SE
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-09 14:08:20
Link | Citer | R

The point isn't that it would reduce the quality of the game for everyone, the point is that the people who are begging for more players have options to get that.

If they did a merge, those of us who just want a quiet server with minimal competition no longer have an option to get that. I've seen queues of over 10 minutes for ambuscade here, and over 5 minutes for Lilith. They aren't nonexistant, they just aren't Asura tier. Doubling them would turn it from a mild inconvenience to an actual annoyance.

Overwatch is hemorrhaging players because they have 5-10 minute waits for DPS players to get into games. Waiting that long to do an event after already taking the time to form a group and get the entry KI is ridiculous, never mind if you intend to burn through 7 KIs worth of the event. Some of us don't want any part of that.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-09 14:11:58
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
speaking of people on high horses, please continue to tell people what they can and can't afford and how they have to spend their money, i love it.
Nah, please tell me. If you are so strapped for cash that every dollar is budgeted and a single $9 expense is going to ruin your budget, why are you paying for a monthly game or sinking the hours needed to progress in that game? That's some dumb *** ***. Get a side job, do some self teaching during your free time, do anything besides burning time and money on this pit.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Merges will not change any queues at all. Already covered that.

You can say that as many times as you want, won't make it true. There will likely be times where events don't have queues on a merged server, just as there are times where they don't have queues on the small servers now.

That does not mean they will not be effected at all, as there are already times where queues exist on even the smallest servers. Despite many people actually on these servers saying this, you insist it isn't true from your Asuran high horse.
Queues probably won't be meaningfully worse
They don't need to be meaningfully worse to be a negative. Outside primetime, they very well may be identical(0). That doesn't mean that we want them to triple during primetime. It isn't double, because the amount of people currently in instances buffers it for a single server. If you straight double activity, you are not only doubling the people currently waiting, but the people who are currently in an instance.

Say you have 5 groups on Leviathan and 5 groups on Cerberus that would be currently doing Ambuscade during primetime. On Leviathan alone, 4 of them are in the instance, and 1 is waiting. Wait time is just 2-3 minutes because queue is only one deep at a given time.

Now, you have all 10 groups on the same server. 4 are in the instance, and 6 are waiting. Suddenly, that same queue is 15 minutes. In practice it is not always a proportional increase. If we see ANY queues now, we will see SIGNIFICANTLY more queues at the same time post merge.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 14:17:59
Link | Citer | R

Going from your numbers Comeatmebro, I'd say Levi is much more active than Cerb. Never see anymore than 3 groups running Ambu at any given time, except maybe on update day. I do tend to wait a couple of weeks before I set it up though. The only people it would affect are those who farm Ambu extensively for gil in the first week. Can't remember the last time I had to wait to enter.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 14:33:03
Link | Citer | R

So am I Directx. I tend to run Ambu later as it's easier to find people if we need replacements.
By Afania 2019-11-09 14:33:24
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
keep reading sentences along the lines of "only 1 person is asking for server merges in the first place..." in attempt to downplay the arguments of the opposing camp. there clearly have been other people than kylos taking a pro server merge stance in this thread, even none asurans.

this is either a severe case of selective reading/acknowledging or a couple of folks around here are very close to finishing the "perfect" ignore list to create their own personal bubble where no one with a opposing point of view, valid or not, can ever challange theirs ever again.

both are very sketchy base lines for any type of conversation or argument.

I didn't downplay people with different opinions. I only think it's way less of an issue than others claim it is.

We already have different server size for people to choose from.

Large ones like Asura, middle ones like Odin or Bahamut, and rest of the small ones.

If every server has 300 people in it it will be a problem. If transfer isn't allowed then it will be a problem.

But as for now, anyone can freely choose what kind of server they want to play on.

The only complaint was transfer fee which cost $9 during campaign. SE as a private company providing services to paid customers, has absolutely no obligation to offer free services.

Now if transfer fee cost $100 I see that will be a problem. But $9 isn't, it's fairly average in MMO industry. Service not being free isn't a problem either.

I see it mostly just people claim it's a problem because they want things to work the way they wanted.

If transfer fee is really a problem, we won't even see Asura get this big. Everyone would rage quit in 2015 already. System seems perfectly fine.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 14:43:22
Link | Citer | R

What about the economies on the small servers? You're telling me it's acceptable for people to have to jump server to find an unavailable luxury item they want? Is it acceptable for people on bigger servers to give SE money just so they can rip off players on smaller servers who don't have a choice but to pay their prices? Struggling to figure out why anyone would specifically aim to be on a small server, unless they are the ones monopolizing the entire market or play solo.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-09 14:45:47
Link | Citer | R

That is the case kylos. The people in the position they like, don't care about anyone else.

It's perfectly fine for everyone to pay for jumps, as long as they don't have to. You could just as easily jump away from a merge to a still small server, as you can jump to a large server, from a small server.

The 1% is screwing the 99%!
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-09 14:49:47
Link | Citer | R

This might come as a shock to you, but not everything is more expensive on smaller servers. Alexandrite, Heroism Crystals, S. Astral, and many other items with limited stock cost as much as 50% more on Asura as compared to Leviathan.

Yes, some crafted items are not widely available, but if you make friends throughout the server you'll find out that people frequently transfer and are more than happy to move items around for you at the same time, either for free or for a small markup over what they paid.

If you pay a 1-2m markup per crafted item from people who do transfers and buy your high demand currencies locally, you're likely paying less overall for the same items. Never mind that you can also make more gil from gain, since your camps aren't being totally mobbed.

You could just as easily jump away from a merge to a still small server, as you can jump to a large server, from a small server.
A merge would, by definition, double the size of the smallest server. So no, not really. Any organized effort to make a small server is essentially impossible, as you can't motivate people to leave and anyone who wanted the small server and went there would be counter to the goal.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 14:50:26
Link | Citer | R

Absolutely Eiryl, if we merged just Cerb and Levi tomorrow, there's still so many other small servers to move to. If we merged four servers in to two, there would still be plenty of options for big, medium and small. I just think people want small servers so they have people to rip off when they transfer back and forth. That's the only reason I can think of, why anyone would actively defend this. It's all about the money to them too, I've seen how stupidly cheap things are on the bigger servers.

This might come as a shock to you, but not everything is more expensive on smaller servers. Alexandrite, Heroism Crystals, S. Astral, and many other items with limited stock cost as much as 50% more on Asura as compared to Leviathan.

Yes, some crafted items are not widely available, but if you make friends throughout the server you'll find out that people frequently transfer and are more than happy to move items around for you at the same time, either for free or for a small markup over what they paid.

If you pay a 1-2m markup per crafted item from people who do transfers and buy your high demand currencies locally, you're likely paying less overall for the same items. Never mind that you can also make more gil from gain, since your camps aren't being totally mobbed.

You could just as easily jump away from a merge to a still small server, as you can jump to a large server, from a small server.
A merge would, by definition, double the size of the smallest server. So no, not really. Any organized effort to make a small server is essentially impossible, as you can't motivate people to leave and anyone who wanted the small server and went there would be counter to the goal.

Not denying this, but there's still enough incentive for players to transfer back and forth to make profit from shuffling items from server to server. This is why SE doesn't merge, because there's more smaller servers for the sellers to target. They know the stock is low and they provide a service. Which is commendable in a way, but also pretty bad considering SE is making money from purposely allowing economies to struggle.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-09 14:50:36
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
A bunch of excuses

If you don't have your W3 clears done by now then that's pretty much on you, not your server or SE, you.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-09 14:51:34
Link | Citer | R

Absolutely Eiryl, if we merged just Cerb and Levi tomorrow, there's still so many other small servers to move to. If we merged four servers in to two, there would still be plenty of options for big, medium and small. I just think people want small servers so they have people to rip off when they transfer back and forth. That's the only reason I can think of, why anyone would actively defend this. It's all about the money to them too, I've seen how stupidly cheap things are on the bigger servers.
Just because you're too blind or too incompetent to understand why people wouldn't all want to be Asura it doesn't mean everyone else is trying to rip people off. Grow up.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-09 14:54:06
Link | Citer | R

I mean they kind of are, if you're honest. You don't craft out of the kindness of your heart, you do it to make money.

And you don't charge the real price, you charge the *** you price, because no one else can do it since shields are regoddamndiculous. and then you mark it up, because you can't even get access to the seller without paying $20

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-09 14:54:29
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
If SE blindly merged small servers, quite a few players would cease to play for sure
I really doubt that. Anyone still on this ship isn't going anywhere. People didn't quit when they merged servers either of the previous times and people were more against it then. Even I was against it then but population was 1200+ then at the time of day that it is 250 on Cerb and Levi now.

I wonder how many people have tried out FFXI over the last couple of years only to find themselves allocated to one of the emptier servers and wondered wtf is going on. Not many I guess but if I joined FFXI as a new player now and found myself on one of them I'd be confused as ***if I had any previous experience with MMOs.
Unless you are actually sharing the playtime of the people I speak of, you are doubting nothing here, you can't even fathom what you're trying to discuss.

The only merge I truly disliked was the very first one to ever happen. The other ones didn't impact me too much, and nowadays the situation is reversed: we can do anything we want, why would we want more people to disrupt our habits?
There is no NEED for it, so why do it? Why are you guys trying to fix that which isn't broke?

Individual cases are exceptions, you guys are acting as if your sole argument, exceptions, are everything. I feel like I'm trying to teach Tennis to fishes right now.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 14:54:59
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
A bunch of excuses

If you don't have your W3 clears done by now then that's pretty much on you, not your server or SE, you.

You've always been nothing but a very rude person on here, ever since I first started posting here. If you don't like my opinions, block me already.
By Afania 2019-11-09 14:55:09
Link | Citer | R

Struggling to figure out why anyone would specifically aim to be on a small server, unless they are the ones monopolizing the entire market or play solo.

Pay to jump for item is optional, or you can ask crafters to make them....or just play on Asura already....

I didn't play solo, nor monopolize the market. However I don't like queues, yell channel spams, and drama that comes with big population. And I prefer to have options open to avoid them.

God forbid people ask for different options available for their preferences.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 14:55:49
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
If SE blindly merged small servers, quite a few players would cease to play for sure
I really doubt that. Anyone still on this ship isn't going anywhere. People didn't quit when they merged servers either of the previous times and people were more against it then. Even I was against it then but population was 1200+ then at the time of day that it is 250 on Cerb and Levi now.

I wonder how many people have tried out FFXI over the last couple of years only to find themselves allocated to one of the emptier servers and wondered wtf is going on. Not many I guess but if I joined FFXI as a new player now and found myself on one of them I'd be confused as ***if I had any previous experience with MMOs.
Unless you are actually sharing the playtime of the people I speak of, you are doubting nothing here, you can't even fathom what you're trying to discuss.

The only merge I truly disliked was the very first one to ever happen. The other ones didn't impact me too much, and nowadays the situation is reversed: we can do anything we want, why would we want more people to disrupt our habits?
There is no NEED for it, so why do it? Why are you guys trying to fix that which isn't broke?

Individual cases are exceptions, you guys are acting as if your sole argument, exceptions, are everything. I feel like I'm trying to teach Tennis to fishes right now.

Not me, I appreciate both sides of the debate. This is how people learn, and how progress is made.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-09 14:57:51
Link | Citer | R

A bunch of excuses

You've always been nothing but a very rude person on here, ever since I first started posting here. If you don't like my opinions, block me already.

That's your opinion, you're fine to have it, but it's yours. I'm sorry that you find the truth to be rude.

As for the rest: no, and get the *** off my lawn. Also, again: grow up.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 15:00:25
Link | Citer | R

A bunch of excuses

That's your opinion, you're fine to have it, but it's yours. I'm sorry that you find the truth to be rude.

As for the rest: no, and get the *** off my lawn. Also, again: grow up.

You do make good points sometimes, but you have always come across to me as one of the rudest people in this forum over the years. You always insult others and tell them to grow up because they have an opinion you do not appreciate. My opinions might not always be right ... shocking, but that's because I'm human and we all see things from different perspectives. If you can't respect me enough to talk to me like an adult, then just block me already. I'd block you, but I know for a fact you'd still get your smart comments in where you can.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-09 15:00:28
Link | Citer | R

I mean they kind of are, if you're honest. You don't craft out of the kindness of your heart, you do it to make money.

And you don't charge the real price, you charge the *** you price, because no one else can do it since shields are regoddamndiculous. and then you mark it up, because you can't even get access to the seller without paying $20

Except they aren't, not everyone gauges the market and not everyone has to rely on Asura for everything. Granted at times I've asked for people to bring stuff back as it's considerably cheaper (if they're making a trip already), but the fact of the matter is the market is inflated and there's not enough incentive to craft, prices will reflect that, and by no means is that "ripping people off."

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-09 15:01:29
Link | Citer | R

You do make good points sometimes, but you have always come across to me as one of the rudest people in this forum over the years. You always insult them and tell them to grow up because they have an opinion you do not appreciate. My opinions might not always be right ... shocking, but that's because I'm human and we all see things from different perspectives. If you can't respect me enough to talk to me like an adult, then just block me already. I'd block you, but I know for a fact you'd still get your smart comments in where you can.

Respect is earned, shocker. If people are insulted by reality then it's on them, again: grow up. (third time, how many will it take?)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 15:02:50
Link | Citer | R

People who say "grow up" do in fact need to learn to do so themselves. I respect people til they disrespect me enough to change that approach. Please just block me already so I don't have to see you ever again.

Edit: You can tell me to grow up 10000 times it won't change anything. Just block me already and you won't have to repeat yourself.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-09 15:07:35
Link | Citer | R

People who say "grow up" do in fact need to learn to do so themselves. I respect people til they disrespect me enough to change that approach. Please just block me already so I don't have to see you ever again.

Edit: You can tell me to grow up 10000 times it won't change anything. Just block me already and you won't have to repeat yourself.

Except they usually don't. It doesn't work that way you petulant child.

Grow up, child.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 15:10:31
Link | Citer | R

Keep proving my point man. Keep proving it. You won't even dare to block me because this is something you enjoy isn't it? You just like winding people up for entertainment. It's very clear.
By Shichishito 2019-11-09 15:18:04
Link | Citer | R

fact is SE recognized small population servers as a problem in the past and the fixed it free of charge.

they recognized it as a problem when population was 2-3 times as high as it is on a lot of servers right now.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-09 15:18:31
Link | Citer | R

Keep proving my point man. Keep proving it. You won't even dare to block me because this is something you enjoy isn't it? You just like winding people up for entertainment. It's very clear.

The only thing that is being proven here is that you're a child. I don't enjoy this, and if you're being wound up that is on you. Then you're blind and/or delusional.

I'm sorry that your panties are in such a twist for me stating the truth. Why don't you man up, (borrow Mommy's credit card) and pay the $9 to transfer and get carried through the content already?

No? Want to keep crying about how 'ol Jet was mean to ya? Thought so.

Back on subject: it would be nice if SE lowered the bar for crafting or there were more incentive to do it, few people are insane enough to make a shield, and I don't even know of any who haven't botted it.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13