Random Politics & Religion #33: Donald John Trump Is The 45th And Current President Of The United States. All Of Your Viewpoints Are Invalid.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #33: Donald John Trump is the 45th and current President of the United States. All of your viewpoints are invalid.
Random Politics & Religion #33: Donald John Trump is the 45th and current President of the United States. All of your viewpoints are invalid.
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 109 110 111
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-25 12:42:56
Link | Citer | R

Atheism is a religion no different then the rest. It's impossible to *prove* that no higher powers exist for the same reason it's impossible to *prove* that they do. One can use anecdotal evidence or subjective opinion as a basis for either yet that doesn't constitute proof. In order for someone to be an atheist they must have faith and believe in the non-existence of any higher power, thus the absence of a higher power takes on the role of such a higher power. Furthermore other religions can at least state definitively what they believe in, atheists are incapable of stating definitively in what they believe in.

I mention that to liberal atheists and watch their heads explode.
By fonewear 2018-04-25 12:43:50
Link | Citer | R

I want an Atheist to prove to me the believe in deodorant until then they don't exist !
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-25 12:46:15
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Is FFXIAH an elite website

if we're using any metric (traffic, membership, clicks, views, google ranking, etc...) in which other websites are measured...

no.

we barely squeaked out ahead of the youtube shooter's site before she did her impression of a postal worker...only to fall immediately afterwards....

but! if we imagine that by having elitists post here it raised our elite status slightly...

it's probably still a no...
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-04-25 12:51:27
Link | Citer | R

The original Atheist

By fonewear 2018-04-25 12:53:24
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Is FFXIAH an elite website

if we're using any metric (traffic, membership, clicks, views, google ranking, etc...) in which other websites are measured...

no.

we barely squeaked out ahead of the youtube shooter's site before she did her impression of a postal worker...only to fall immediately afterwards....

but! if we imagine that by having elitists post here it raised our elite status slightly...

it's probably still a no...

In death the Youtube shooter has become more powerful than ye can even imagine...spreading vegan fueled autism through the land !
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-04-25 12:59:52
Link | Citer | R

Arousal level over 9,000

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2018-04-25 13:01:00
Link | Citer | R

She got the Persian mullet representing !
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-25 13:03:42
Link | Citer | R

I can only hope that she died childless so that whatever the *** was wrong with her wasn't passed down genetically to anyone...
[+]
By fonewear 2018-04-25 13:07:47
Link | Citer | R

I can only hope that she died childless so that whatever the *** was wrong with her wasn't passed down genetically to anyone...

They allowed to breed once every 7 years...only during a full moon....so there is hope.
By fonewear 2018-04-25 13:10:14
Link | Citer | R

Looks like frenchie never heard of Head and Shoulders:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-25 13:20:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Atheism is a religion no different then the rest.

how do you figure?

"The religiously unaffiliated demographic includes those who do not identify with any particular religion, atheists and agnostics."

it's at least different from other religions in the sense of affiliation.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-25 13:27:35
Link | Citer | R

how do you figure?

Because they still function on faith, faith that no higher power exists. Lack of evidence of something is not proof that it doesn't exist. The key to all this is the world belief.

If I walked up to a Christian and asked them to prove their God exists, they would be unable to do so.

If I walked up to an atheist and asked them to prove that no Deity exists, they would be unable to do so.

Both are unable to prove their beliefs yet they still hold those beliefs. They hold a belief in something they can not prove, that is known as faith. The Christian has faith that God exists, the Atheist has faith that God doesn't exist. Rationally there is no difference between the two.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-04-25 13:33:37
Link | Citer | R

how do you figure?

Because they still function on faith, faith that no higher power exists. Lack of evidence of something is not proof that it doesn't exist. The key to all this is the world belief.

If I walked up to a Christian and asked them to prove their God exists, they would be unable to do so.

If I walked up to an atheist and asked them to prove that no Deity exists, they would be unable to do so.

Both are unable to prove their beliefs yet they still hold those beliefs. They hold a belief in something they can not prove, that is known as faith. The Christian has faith that God exists, the Atheist has faith that God doesn't exist. Rationally there is no difference between the two.
There’s a huge difference between the two... what you just said isn’t all that rational... it’s just taking one thing and then saying hey since no one can prove a positive or a negative here they’re both the same lol....
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-25 13:34:50
Link | Citer | R

it's at least different from other religions in the sense of affiliation.

That is a non-nonsensical term, it's no different then "I identify as an attack helicopter" being a gender. Badges and organized groups are meaningless when the concepts of faith and beliefs are discussed.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-25 13:39:57
Link | Citer | R

how do you figure?

Because they still function on faith

that isn't the definition of religion though, that's just your opinion.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-25 13:51:53
Link | Citer | R

how do you figure?

Because they still function on faith

that isn't the definition of religion though, that's just your opinion.

It most certainly is. Faith is the belief in something that can't be proved, religion is a collection of beliefs and practices associated with those beliefs.

It's kind of the difference between an Agnostic and an Atheist.

Having faith in anything without proof is by definition a religion, it's faithful followers of political ideologies tend to act like religious extremists. Different color of paint of exact same thing.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-25 14:00:34
Link | Citer | R

It most certainly is. Faith is the belief in something that can't be proved, religion is a collection of beliefs and practices associated with those beliefs.

It's kind of the difference between an Agnostic and an Atheist.

Having faith in anything without proof is by definition a religion, it's faithful followers of political ideologies tend to act like religious extremists. Different color of paint of exact same thing.

no it isn't.

faith-strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

religion-the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

you can't just make up your own definitions for words.

you could be an atheist without any faith at all. there is no criteria for faith in disbelief of anything.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-04-25 14:03:32
Link | Citer | R

Atheism is a lack of faith... it’s not the faith in no higher power... you’re taking a tenuous point at best and forcing it like I believe in aliens but I can’t prove it so it’s just like religion...

Besides that faith isn’t religion... religion has faith as a requirement usually but faith itself doesn’t make a religion...
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-25 14:06:53
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Atheism is a lack of faith... it’s not the faith in no higher power.

Atheism is a disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods. It doesn't have anything to do with faith...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-04-25 14:11:47
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
I like agnostics better.
Or people that just keep it to themselves lol...
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-25 14:13:07
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Atheism is a lack of faith... it’s not the faith in no higher power.

Atheism is a disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods. It doesn't have anything to do with faith...

That's just semantics to avoid using the world "faith".

Atheists have faith that God doesn't exist.

Agnostics have a lack of faith as they have determined it's impossible to know anything about higher powers and thus impossible to hold a belief about it.

If you can't prove your beliefs, then they are based on faith. If someone believes no higher powers exist, then they do so purely on faith because it's impossible to prove that.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-25 14:13:57
Link | Citer | R

I would like to borrow the ability to make ***up as I go along if you ever get the bugs worked out of that system saev... >.>
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-25 14:15:00
Link | Citer | R

It's two questions that serve as a litmus test.

#1 Do you believe that any higher power exists?
#2 Can you provide empirical evidence supporting that belief.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-25 14:16:06
Link | Citer | R

Like I said, watching Atheists heads explode.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-04-25 14:19:15
Link | Citer | R

I would like to borrow the ability to make ***up as I go along if you ever get the bugs worked out of that system saev... >.>
I have faith that this cookie won’t make me fat... religion!
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-04-25 14:20:24
Link | Citer | R

It's two questions that serve as a litmus test.

#1 Do you believe that any higher power exists?
#2 Can you provide empirical evidence supporting that belief.
Idc...
Idc...
there you go... test beaten! Lol...
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-25 14:22:53
Link | Citer | R

Atheists have faith that God doesn't exist.

according to who?

Like I said, watching Atheists heads explode.

you're drawing conclusions based on delusions using definitions and rules that you just made up.

disbelief is a lack of faith.

dis·be·lief
ˌdisbəˈlēf/Submit
noun
inability or refusal to accept that something is true or real.
"Laura shook her head in disbelief"
synonyms: incredulity, astonishment, amazement, surprise, incredulousness; More
lack of faith in something.
"I'll burn in hell for disbelief"
synonyms: atheism, nonbelief, unbelief, godlessness, irreligion, agnosticism, nihilism
"in the film religious faith and disbelief are interwoven"

look words up when you don't know their meaning
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-25 15:12:41
Link | Citer | R

Let me further prove it out with ghosts.

There are people that believe in ghosts. That belief requires faith because the existence of ghosts can't be proven.

disbelief ln ghosts does not require faith.

your process is broken, just because you still believe you are right doesn't mean everyone else's heads exploded. It just means that you are unwilling to accept that you are wrong.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 109 110 111