[Archive] Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » [Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
[Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-20 17:44:34
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
the same haste, but do they stack?
Didn't bother checking since I always have marches if I'm on SAM. I don't see why they wouldn't stack, but if I'm bored I can test that.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-20 17:51:29
Link | Citer | R

ya, it wouldn't matter for high haste situations, but uncapped haidate would probably still be locked in.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2013-12-21 11:58:30
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
On another note, I also did the test using just Unkai Haidate +2 out of curiosity and came up with the exact same number as Wakido Kote +1. Perhaps they were lowered to 2% after being changed to JA haste?
Or maybe they never were 2,5?
How do you even spot a 0.5 JA haste difference? Not gonna be easy I assume...
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-21 12:02:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
On another note, I also did the test using just Unkai Haidate +2 out of curiosity and came up with the exact same number as Wakido Kote +1. Perhaps they were lowered to 2% after being changed to JA haste?
Or maybe they never were 2,5?
How do you even spot a 0.5 JA haste difference? Not gonna be easy I assume...
Referring to this post they used to be 2.5% gear or magic haste it would seem. When they were changed to JA haste people just figured the haste amount was the same.
 Ragnarok.Dragonforce
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Dragonforce 2013-12-25 19:23:21
Link | Citer | R

What body is going to be better for Namas arrow Phorcys Korazin or Kyujutsugi?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-25 20:18:55
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Dragonforce said: »
What body is going to be better for Namas arrow Phorcys Korazin or Kyujutsugi?

Unless your accuracy is really low (unlikely given the huge acc bonus on namas) there's no way it beats 7% damage on a one hit weaponskill.
 Remora.Brain
Serveur: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-12-26 22:28:54
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so now that my eggnog fueled romp through Super Mario World 3D is done for the moment, how should a SAM's pdt setup look now?

I have Wakido Domaru +1 or an Otronif Harness I can Augment easily to -3% PDT.

39def, 13VIT, and 21hp vs -3% pdt.

Also, what about Wakido Haidate +1 vs -3% PDT Otronif?

Is there anywhere we can go to find out how to compare DEF to PDT?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-26 22:36:09
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Brain said: »

Depends on a ton of variables, against trash, you're probably still better off with higher -DT values, though.
 Bismarck.Davorin
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2013-12-26 22:46:42
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so now that my eggnog fueled romp through Super Mario World 3D is done for the moment, how should a SAM's pdt setup look now?

I have Wakido Domaru +1 or an Otronif Harness I can Augment easily to -3% PDT.

39def, 13VIT, and 21hp vs -3% pdt.

Also, what about Wakido Haidate +1 vs -3% PDT Otronif?

You may find it here. Motenten made a "PDT vs Defense" table in his DPS Calc google drive folder.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-26 23:28:44
Link | Citer | R

I use Lithelimb Cap and 4/5 Wakido +1.
 Valefor.Maurauc
Serveur: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2013-12-27 13:30:45
Link | Citer | R

Would anyone be willing to put together a TP set for Anahera Blade?
I've put together a 4hit set for it, but it's really old gear and doesn't utilize anything newish. Wondering if it's worth gearing for or if a 5hit would be better DPS wise.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-27 13:53:00
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 317520
 Valefor.Maurauc
Serveur: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2013-12-27 14:02:57
Link | Citer | R

Perfect! Thank you.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-27 19:06:19
Link | Citer | R

Didn't bother checking since I always have marches if I'm on SAM. I don't see why they wouldn't stack, but if I'm bored I can test that.
Does not stack. Just did 30 mins of swinging with each since I wasn't looking for an exact haste value; just a higher number.

Melee rounds with Wakido Kote +1: 465
Melee rounds with Unkai Haidate +2: 465
Melee rounds with both: 465
[+]
 Ragnarok.Azryel
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-12-29 12:15:01
Link | Citer | R

I've been thinking a lot about Amanomurakumo lately, and whether or not it's worth bringing to 119... Admittedly, I only read back a couple pages in this forum, and I was curious if anyone had done any testing against Tsurumaru or anahera blade- I do not have the latter GK yet, but hopefully that won't be the case for too much longer.

Present TP set:
ItemSet 270471

I'm generally happy with this set, but I'm not quite convinced about the back piece- my logic was 5% Zanshin > 3% double attack with 4/5 Ikishoten merits... Any thoughts?

Present Namas set:
ItemSet 302660

Would the NQ Wakido legs/feet be better in those slots, or should I just keep using what I'm using and then make the substitutions once I get the +1?

Thanks

EDIT: Made some set adjustments after original post.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-29 13:02:58
Link | Citer | R

Does not stack. Just did 30 mins of swinging with each since I wasn't looking for an exact haste value; just a higher number.

Melee rounds with Wakido Kote +1: 465
Melee rounds with Unkai Haidate +2: 465
Melee rounds with both: 465

Well, at least it opens up the ability to use some legs that are better suited to current content.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-29 13:17:25
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Azryel said: »
I've been thinking a lot about Amanomurakumo lately, and whether or not it's worth bringing to 119
With current content, the accuracy on Amanomurakumo is worth taking into consideration for Very Difficult battlefields, however I personally wouldn't bring them to AA fights since they'd have to forfeit Hasso to keep Utsusemi on a low timer. They're nice for SKCNM fights, though.

I was curious if anyone had done any testing against Tsurumaru or Anahera Blade-
Amano should always be ahead of Anahera. Tsurumaru will be better than Amano if you have buffs suited to 4-hit with Tsurumaru while still 5-hitting with an Amano, though if they're both using the same x-hit build then Amano would obviously be the better choice. Of course, if you need accuracy then Amano would still pull ahead.

I'm generally happy with this set, but I'm not quite convinced about the back piece- my logic was 5% Zanshin > 3% double attack with 4/5 Ikishoten merits.
Atheling/Misuuchi will always beat Unkai. At best, Unkai will be on par with Misuuchi when attack isn't capped, but it's certainly not worth carrying around.

Would the NQ Wakido legs/feet be better in those slots, or should I just keep using what I'm using and then make the substitutions once I get the +1?
You can use NQ Wakido legs for now, but stick with Whirlpool for feet. Also, Buquwik Cape would be a nice upgrade to your Namas set.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-12-29 13:26:32
Link | Citer | R

Sounds good... I'll make the TP set change, and look into that cape. I had the thall mantle in there because I've never been overly confident in SAM's ranged accuracy, though I will say that 242 skill seems to go a long way lol
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-29 13:32:47
Link | Citer | R

don't forget the native accuracy boost on namas.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2013-12-29 14:07:21
Link | Citer | R

I see people mention this accuracy boost on Namas Arrow but I haven't seen anything documenting it. Is it something above and beyond the usual 100 Accuracy that is tacked onto the first strike of all weaponskills?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-29 14:09:19
Link | Citer | R

100 from that, 20 more from aftermath
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-29 14:12:07
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
I see people mention this accuracy boost on Namas Arrow but I haven't seen anything documenting it. Is it something above and beyond the usual 100 Accuracy that is tacked onto the first strike of all weaponskills?
Other ranged weapon skills like Apex Arrow don't have the usual 100 accuracy bonus.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2013-12-29 14:16:21
Link | Citer | R

I know it might be a bit of a pain in the ***, but can you cite where that was shown? I don't actually dispute it, since I know I missed far more ranged weaponskills while leveling Ranger than I ought to have done, just must have missed the testing somewhere along the way.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-29 14:31:16
Link | Citer | R

I honestly don't know if thorough testing has been done, but if you search Namas Accuracy and Apex Accuracy on this site you'll see a lot of people mentioning pretty much 0 accuracy problems with Namas while complaining about Apex's accuracy.

A couple testimonials:

I only did very brief testing myself on Tchakka Wildskeeper Reive pre-skill update. Missed pretty much every single Apex Arrow I attempted while I landed most of my Namas Arrows. It was a very small sample size (like 10 of each) but it was enough to convince me that Namas has an accuracy boost while Apex doesn't.
 Bismarck.Keityan
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-01-01 01:04:24
Link | Citer | R

Here's some older sources

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/3094.html

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/78355-What-Are-The-Appropriate-Gears-When-Subbing-Ranger/page2

All I know is that I always parse whatever I shoot and adjust accordingly. The 1st link is from the JP wiki (It states that it gains a massive acc bonus). The 2nd link claims that it is at minimum +50 r.acc.
 Remora.Brain
Serveur: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2014-01-02 06:47:40
Link | Citer | R

I know I could ask in the RNG forums, but...

How do you make a rule for preshot gear when shooting for tp?

My old RNG spellcast died with my old computer and I need to remake it. I also shoot for TP on SAM when weakened so I figure I should just have it on the ready.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, is the only non-situational Snapshot available to SAM the Barbut/Coif and the Mustela legs or has anything new come out for SAM?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-01-02 10:30:57
Link | Citer | R

Code
	<if Spell="Ranged">
		<action type="castdelay" delay=".2" />
		<equip set="Snapshot" when="precast"/>
		<equip set="ranged accuracy" when="midcast"/> 

</if>

I'm pretty bad with spellcast, but this is my rule for ranged attacks on COR. I don't think SAM has any other Snapshot pieces other than the 2 you listed.
 Bismarck.Keityan
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-01-02 10:58:29
Link | Citer | R

I know I could ask in the RNG forums, but...

How do you make a rule for preshot gear when shooting for tp?

My old RNG spellcast died with my old computer and I need to remake it. I also shoot for TP on SAM when weakened so I figure I should just have it on the ready.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, is the only non-situational Snapshot available to SAM the Barbut/Coif and the Mustela legs or has anything new come out for SAM?

Another option without spellcast is to make a macro that looks like this:

/console exec SAMSnapShot.txt
/range <t>
/wait 1
/console exec SAMRngAcc.txt

The delay of the bow will always be >1 so it's harmless to do it this way. (and it works!)
[+]
By Dragnorok 2014-01-07 18:01:21
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so I just came back and I am 53 M. Silvers away from my amanomurakumo. Can anyone give an updated tp and ws build for amano and yes I do plan on upgrading it.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-01-09 01:50:18
Link | Citer | R

Dragnorok said: »
Ok, so I just came back and I am 53 M. Silvers away from my amanomurakumo. Can anyone give an updated tp and ws build for amano and yes I do plan on upgrading it.

TP. Assumes AM up. AM down you can simply swap the back to Takaha:
ItemSet 315763

Kaiten
ItemSet 315769

Kaiten
ItemSet 315770

Shoha
ItemSet 315771
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37