[Archive] Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » [Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
[Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37
 Remora.Brain
Serveur: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-12-14 02:17:38
Link | Citer | R

It's been a good time for my SAM. Just finished my amano upgrade and am working my Polearm skill up. Finally got Sonic Thrust. It's f*cking HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE that SAM doesn't get it natively, but PLD does with its E rank skill.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2013-12-14 02:25:55
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
For Mastop and Muumuu anyway, ranged damage appears to be its own category.

Yeah I was looking at that too. Maybe both Polearm and Yochi at the same time. Melee hits get the bonus piercing damage and you got the option to switch between SD and AA based on which one is best. On Bee our 119 PLM DRG's typically beat everyone else on damage with AA SAM or Req BLU behind them. Piercing really owns that entire zone. Now every SAM should be able to take advantage of piercing damage phase on Tojil / Shark.

Don't really know if it's worth it to give up the Save TP +25 from tsurumaru for that. I doubt the piercing bonus from melee swings would be enough to give up the 35 TP return (50 if miser.)
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-14 02:53:23
Link | Citer | R

Last I checked, assuming Ionis, they're both using 4-hit builds with or without Samurai Roll so you're not really giving up a lower hit build by using Polearm. I've never gotten Miser's Roll, but if you are (in addition to Samurai Roll) then I'd *maybe* stick to Tsurumaru for the 3-hit. The crazy piercing damage Muyingwa takes makes the Polearm look awfully attractive even with a 1 extra hit build.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2013-12-14 03:59:09
Link | Citer | R

He was talking about polearm + yoichi at the same time, I don't think the added melee damage is going to make up for the lack of 3 hit. More LS should really try misers roll in a 2 SAM 1 MNK pt and tell the MNK to deal, the damage increase is huge.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-14 04:02:22
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
He was talking about polearm + yoichi at the same time
I was, too. And I don't even do Delve anymore, but when I did I was usually the only SAM in the alliance.
By Spiiro 2013-12-14 05:33:11
Link | Citer | R

Just picked up Wakido Kabuto +1. I could not find this info anywhere posted.

180tp w/ relic hands +2, 120tp w/o.

Sails winded...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-12-14 05:39:52
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
For Mastop and Muumuu anyway, ranged damage appears to be its own category.

Yeah I was looking at that too. Maybe both Polearm and Yochi at the same time. Melee hits get the bonus piercing damage and you got the option to switch between SD and AA based on which one is best. On Bee our 119 PLM DRG's typically beat everyone else on damage with AA SAM or Req BLU behind them. Piercing really owns that entire zone. Now every SAM should be able to take advantage of piercing damage phase on Tojil / Shark.

Don't really know if it's worth it to give up the Save TP +25 from tsurumaru for that. I doubt the piercing bonus from melee swings would be enough to give up the 35 TP return (50 if miser.)

Well everything has at least 25% damage bonus from piercing, maybe more. Bee takes double damage from piercing that I'm positive about, it's stupid crazy how much damage the DRG ends up doing. x-hit builds under 5 kinda suffer from the 2s forced delay from the WS when your at delay floor. Guess we gotta do the math between the two.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2013-12-14 19:49:17
Link | Citer | R

I know this is probably a noobish question, but how do I make my spellcast switch groups depending on which weapon I have set?

As it stands now I open my SC set up and manually switch the set I want to default, save, then reload SC. It sucked when I forget to swap it over when I switch weapons.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-14 19:58:46
Link | Citer | R

without a trigger you will need to set a variable for it. the easiest way is to just type //sc group masamune or whatever you call that group.
 Valefor.Caelir
Serveur: Valefor
user: Caelir
By Valefor.Caelir 2013-12-14 20:27:48
Link | Citer | R

this is what I just started recently using
Code
   <Variables>
		<var name="Koga">Kogarasumaru</var>
		<var name="Tsuru">Tsurumaru</var>
		<var name="Mura">Murasamemaru</var>
   </Variables>

Code
	<if status="engaged">
		<if EuipMain="$Koga">
			<if buffactive="Samurai Roll">
				<equip when="engaged|aftercast" set="TP-Koga-Sam-Roll" />
			</if>
			<elseif BuffNotActive="Samurai Roll">			
				<equip when="engaged|aftercast" set="TP-Koga-Max" />
			</elseif>	
		</if>
		<if EquipMain="$Tsuru|$Mura">
			<equip when="engaged|aftercast" set="TP-Tsuru" />
		</if>	
	</if>

Still working on it to put in some more different options dependant on buff but as it stands, it works fine.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2013-12-14 20:47:40
Link | Citer | R

That's a big help by itself, at least now I don't have to keep tinkering with it every weapon swap.

How would I make a trigger for it though? My old DRK spellcast someone else made for me, and it seems to update which group it's in after I take any kind of action with a new weapon equipped. However, it's so old and cluttered I can't figure it out aside from replacing gear as I get new stuff, and sometimes that itself is a challenge. So I did my best and wrote a new one for same on my own lol. I have no idea what I'm doing, but it's working so far.
 Valefor.Caelir
By Valefor.Caelir 2013-12-14 20:56:38
Link | Citer | R

I'm not really great with spellcast myself. I just try make sense of the more complex ones and steal the sections I understand and re-write for myself.

Using the 2nd part of the coding, you can pretty much use the same idea for weaponskill sets.

If X weapon is used, follow Y rules, else use Z rules etc etc. Just takes a little working out. You can then start to add different buffs into it, but I am willing to bet the guys that really know there stuff have a much simpler way of doing this.
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-12-15 09:04:06
Link | Citer | R

With the update the other day what makes a good entry set these days, I have similar sets to what is in the OP under middle tp/ws and wondering what I should be looking at first. If what I'm looking for was posted in the last couple pages and I missed it sorry for the unnecessary post.

Edit: I guess weapon helps, I have the gkt bought with sparks, from what I understand it's also important to have piercing damage too yes?
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-12-15 09:40:48
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 316960

Should all be pretty easily obtained. Otronif might be easier to get, though. Note: I just threw it together without much real thought at all. Might have to use Tyrant's ring and WS in like, Hagneia Stone.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-12-16 15:35:24
Link | Citer | R

What kind of sets are you guys using for the Eminent Lance? I don't know how it compares to Spleogen/Tsu for bee but I hoped to play around with it, assuming my ls does another bee run.

There's been a ton of new gear since polearm was any kind of relevant, LOL.
 Ragnarok.Dragonforce
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Dragonforce 2013-12-16 22:26:46
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know if the AF hands are fixed?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2013-12-19 02:52:07
Link | Citer | R

I have a dumb question for WS options.
Given that I'm a noob SAM and not a career one, I'd like to get a better understanding of Fudo vs Shoha.

Playing around with them a bit on the Spreadsheet I came to the conclusion that when you're super-buffed and attack-capped or close to that, Fudo is the best option.
In other situations, especially with low buffs, Shoha wins.
Fudo has the other pros of SC properties (lv3, etc) and it's a single hit, which would make it better if we ever have to go SAM/THF again (lol) and also make it gain more from "WS damage/TP bonus" gear because they would affect the "whole" WS (single hit) whereas on Shoha they would only affect the first of two hit (which is the main one anyway)
Shoha has the pro of being 2 hits, which means it gets double the chances to proc multiattack (DA, TA, QA etc)

Is this correct or am I completely off track?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2013-12-19 11:02:24
Link | Citer | R

has anyone tested the Anahera Blade out? i wanted to see what kinda damage differential between it and other GK's play out, if anyone has and can test would be greatly appreciated.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2013-12-19 11:45:10
Link | Citer | R

I can test the JA haste on wakido +1 if someone can tell me how to do it properly. Just to confirm they have 2% ja haste or not
 Bismarck.Keityan
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2013-12-19 11:56:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
I have a dumb question for WS options.
Given that I'm a noob SAM and not a career one, I'd like to get a better understanding of Fudo vs Shoha.

Playing around with them a bit on the Spreadsheet I came to the conclusion that when you're super-buffed and attack-capped or close to that, Fudo is the best option.
In other situations, especially with low buffs, Shoha wins.
Fudo has the other pros of SC properties (lv3, etc) and it's a single hit, which would make it better if we ever have to go SAM/THF again (lol) and also make it gain more from "WS damage/TP bonus" gear because they would affect the "whole" WS (single hit) whereas on Shoha they would only affect the first of two hit (which is the main one anyway)
Shoha has the pro of being 2 hits, which means it gets double the chances to proc multiattack (DA, TA, QA etc)

Is this correct or am I completely off track?

Yep, you got it spot on.

The last statement about the 2 hits isn't really as much as a "pro" as much as something you just need to gear accordingly for. Since Shoha is two hits in one single event, stacking multistrike (DA, TA, QA) is advantageous because each hit in that single event can proc a multistrike.
 Bismarck.Keityan
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2013-12-19 12:06:47
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Mattyc said: »
has anyone tested the Anahera Blade out? i wanted to see what kinda damage differential between it and other GK's play out, if anyone has and can test would be greatly appreciated.

I played with it a bit and saw nothing special. Without making large change to the current sets on the DPS spreadsheet, the all around DPS lies around where Tsurumaru stands. There are still instances where you'd prefer the Tsuru (ie, Miser's in Ionis zone) but as a general use G.kat, it's good.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2013-12-19 14:58:51
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Caelir said: »
Code
   <Variables>
   </Variables>

Code
	<if status="engaged">
		<if EuipMain="$Koga">
			</if>
			</elseif>	
		</if>
		</if>	
	</if>

Still working on it to put in some more different options dependant on buff but as it stands, it works fine.

If that is copied directly from your SC file you might wanna fix "<if EuipMain="$Koga">" typo in there.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2013-12-19 15:17:56
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Keityan said: »
Valefor.Mattyc said: »

I played with it a bit and saw nothing special. Without making large change to the current sets on the DPS spreadsheet, the all around DPS lies around where Tsurumaru stands. There are still instances where you'd prefer the Tsuru (ie, Miser's in Ionis zone) but as a general use G.kat, it's good.

Thanks Keit appreciate it.
 Valefor.Caelir
By Valefor.Caelir 2013-12-19 20:51:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Darvamos said: »
Valefor.Caelir said: »
Code
   <Variables>
   </Variables>

Code
	<if status="engaged">
		<if EuipMain="$Koga">
			</if>
			</elseif>	
		</if>
		</if>	
	</if>

If that is copied directly from your SC file you might wanna fix "<if EuipMain="$Koga">" typo in there.

Thanks! totally didn't realise that...... So been playing with the wrong gear sets without knowing so....
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-19 21:09:47
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
This is what I'm getting for AM3 up.

ItemSet 266064
Finally got around to spreadsheeting myself since AF119 is a bit easier to obtain than I thought it'd be. I have this set pulling ahead of that one:

ItemSet 313488

Feet can change between Whirlpool and Ejekamal pending cratio, or Otronif with Ionis. This is, of course, assuming Wakido Kote +1 behave the same way as Unkai Haidate +2. I can check this out sometime late tonight.
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-20 08:50:50
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
This is, of course, assuming Wakido Kote +1 behave the same way as Unkai Haidate +2. I can check this out sometime late tonight.
K, did the test using Byrth's method again and the numbers actually lined up as expected this time. 2% JA haste as the description states and must remain equipped to retain effect.

On another note, I also did the test using just Unkai Haidate +2 out of curiosity and came up with the exact same number as Wakido Kote +1. Perhaps they were lowered to 2% after being changed to JA haste?
[+]
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2013-12-20 14:07:28
Link | Citer | R

If you remove the gloves and re-equip them, does the effect return or is it lost?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-20 17:37:03
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Brain said: »
If you remove the gloves and re-equip them, does the effect return or is it lost?
I don't know how I'd set something up to be able to do that while afk. If someone gives me a spellcast rule or something else I'll check it out.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-20 17:41:50
Link | Citer | R

This is, of course, assuming Wakido Kote +1 behave the same way as Unkai Haidate +2. I can check this out sometime late tonight.
K, did the test using Byrth's method again and the numbers actually lined up as expected this time. 2% JA haste as the description states and must remain equipped to retain effect.

On another note, I also did the test using just Unkai Haidate +2 out of curiosity and came up with the exact same number as Wakido Kote +1. Perhaps they were lowered to 2% after being changed to JA haste?

the same haste, but do they stack?
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37