Guy In Speedo Gets Through TSA Checkpoint

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Guy in Speedo gets through TSA checkpoint
Guy in Speedo gets through TSA checkpoint
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 12:02:53
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
that said

sitting here griping about it doesn't help much

if you are really convinced that it's wrong and you are an american citizen write your congressman

it's not much more difficult than making a forum post

and it's a good deal more productive(i'm still holding out hope, anyway)

VA's congressmen and governor and state attorney are equally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, so it would do no good.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-02 12:04:22
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
that said

sitting here griping about it doesn't help much

if you are really convinced that it's wrong and you are an american citizen write your congressman

it's not much more difficult than making a forum post

and it's a good deal more productive(i'm still holding out hope, anyway)
I've actually written mine before. Guy is a ***. Even voted against him in Nov. but he won, lol.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-12-02 12:05:56
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

Yeah that is excessive.

But you know, she could have just not went to the airport right? It's obviously HER fault for wanting to fly, and NOT the TSA agents. Right?

There's a difference in asking for a medical liquids not to be scanned by x-rays but being approved by other means set in place, than just plainly refusing a search just because you don't want to.

By your logic stated a couple of pages back, it's her own fault for chosing to fly.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-12-02 12:06:26
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

That's a really stupid argument, you can be able to afford a driver liscence but if you are judged too dangerous or not ready they can refuse giving you the liscence.

i repeat

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

there is no constitutional amendment that specifically says you have the right to be exempted from a driving exam

try again

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say with that.

You can't be exempted from being scanned, you can't be exempted from passing a driver exam? If that's what you mean then I don't see what's your point with that.

i'll see if i can break it down.

to get on a plane and fly. you can expect to be subjected to unreasonable search and seizure.

oh hey look. there is a specific amendment in the bill of rights that says, quite clearly, you can't do that.

to drive a car, you need to prove you know how to drive well enough not to hit people. with good reason. cars kill over 2000 times as many americans as terrorists in the us as terrorists do around the world, as i documented in an earlier tsa thread.

oh hey look. there is not a specific passage in the constitution that says it's illegal to have you get a license to ensure you know how to do something safely.

okay guys we're good to go
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-12-02 12:09:04
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

Yeah that is excessive.

But you know, she could have just not went to the airport right? It's obviously HER fault for wanting to fly, and NOT the TSA agents. Right?

There's a difference in asking for a medical liquids not to be scanned by x-rays but being approved by other means set in place, than just plainly refusing a search just because you don't want to.

By your logic stated a couple of pages back, it's her own fault for chosing to fly.

No, there's a guideline for medical liquids. She was following that guide line. TSA agents ignored it. There's a big difference.

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Is it just me that thinks that Shiroi is a TSA agent on some airport, and that he loves his job?

Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 12:09:13
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

Yeah that is excessive.

No, there's a guideline for medical liquids. She was following that guide line. TSA agents ignored it. There's a big difference.

there is no difference when it's an illegal violation of her rights, move along.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 12:13:13
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

That's a really stupid argument, you can be able to afford a driver liscence but if you are judged too dangerous or not ready they can refuse giving you the liscence.

i repeat

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

there is no constitutional amendment that specifically says you have the right to be exempted from a driving exam

try again

You can't be exempted from being scanned, you can't be exempted from passing a driver exam? If that's what you mean then I don't see what's your point with that.

to get on a plane and fly. you can expect to be subjected to unreasonable search and seizure.

oh hey look. there is a specific amendment in the bill of rights that says, quite clearly, you can't do that.

to drive a car, you need to prove you know how to drive well enough not to hit people. with good reason. cars kill over 2000 times as many americans as terrorists in the us as terrorists do around the world, as i documented in an earlier tsa thread.

oh hey look. there is not a specific passage in the constitution that says it's illegal to have you get a license to ensure you know how to do something safely.

Point taken, I understand what you mean.

But note it's normal to have more casualities when the car/plane ratio could be like 100k cars for 1 plane.

so there's 100k people on a plane now?
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-12-02 12:16:36
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

i repeat

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

try again

Point taken, I understand what you mean.

But note it's normal to have more casualities when the car/plane ratio could be like 100k cars for 1 plane.

2000 times as many fatalities as all terrorist attacks on americans around the world using any methods

not just planes

of course, there are a lot more cars than terrorists, so that makes sense

explains why we are spending billions on government programs to save hundreds of thousands of lives by making cars safer instead of spending billions to save us from

a blight that causes less deaths than lightning strikes

oh...

wait.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 12:16:43
Link | Citer | R

watching the video for the 10k fine one, and

the statements on the loudspeaker just say "we rule you, you must obey" /facepalm

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 12:42:27
Link | Citer | R

no more of a problem than the entire thing in itself, they switch from screening a portion of the people to everyone, and the tsa will receive the response it deserves, I guarantee it.
 Ramuh.Kailana
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2010-12-02 17:05:06
Link | Citer | R

Someone made a point a few pages back, something about how stupid it would be if people bitched that taxes are preventing them from being rich.

They'd kind of have a point, actually. Income tax was meant to be a temporary measure, to help pay for a war....like 50+ years ago.

Some temporary measure, huh? :P

The right to murder point is valid, but is a bit silly comparing to this flight issue.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 17:13:49
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Kailana said:
Someone made a point a few pages back, something about how stupid it would be if people bitched that taxes are preventing them from being rich.

They'd kind of have a point, actually. Income tax was meant to be a temporary measure, to help pay for a war....like 50+ years ago.

The right to murder point is valid, but is a bit silly comparing to this flight issue.

it would be stupid to *** about taxes in that manner, I never specified income taxes...
 Ramuh.Kailana
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2010-12-02 17:21:21
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Kailana said:

it would be stupid to *** about taxes in that manner, I never specified income taxes...

The shiogi guy or w/e the anons name is said it.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-12-02 17:22:08
Link | Citer | R

Wait isn't the patriot act still in effect in the states???

Just wondering.

Also airports can be private. Air Canada is Private and most of our airlines
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 17:24:05
Link | Citer | R

I don't think I've talked on this TSA thread yet.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Serveur: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-12-02 17:32:39
Link | Citer | R

I liked this thread better when people were posting Che's pictures.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 18:07:04
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
I liked this thread better when people were posting Che's pictures.
Who wouldn't?