Here Is Your Holy Man, Bathed In The Blood Of Inno

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Here is your holy man, bathed in the blood of inno
Here is your holy man, bathed in the blood of inno
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-11-24 07:31:43
Link | Citer | R

Story. said:
A Catholic priest, facing criminal charges and a lawsuit alleging that he sexually abused a teenage boy, is now charged with attempting to hire someone to kill the youth, authorities said Tuesday.

Source: Source

Even the holiest of men can be tainted by evil. You would think by now people would look at the priests as evil horny *** and stop following them.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-11-24 07:34:14
Link | Citer | R

wow...
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-24 07:40:15
Link | Citer | R

See back in medieval times, ***wasn't reported on and the Vatican had complete control over Europe. Same ***different day same Vatican same religion.

/moving on.
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-11-24 07:42:22
Link | Citer | R

Have you people not studied history. You don't *** with the catholic church. They're crazy.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-11-24 08:20:41
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Urial said:
Have you people not studied history. You don't *** with the catholic church. They're crazy.
there's an understatement
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-11-24 08:23:28
Link | Citer | R

I don't get why you guys think becoming a preist makes someonne a holy man. Becoming a preist just doesn't wipe the slate clean and give you a free path into holiness. These are men just like the rest of us. The church is fallible as are the men who serve it. Some join the priesthood as a cover, others to try to escape desire and other such things, and you may not believe it but some join to serve the faith. Now don't get me wrong this man should be punished and deserves the punishment coming to him. The church has also gotten on my bad side for defending men like these instead of letting them accept their punishment and repent for their sins if they so choose to do that.

What I think you should realise is that this does not reflect the faith as a whole, nor does it reflect the actions of all individual preists. There are many who do good work for our communities and individual people. Before anyone says anything like oh but that doesn't excuse them for something like this your right it doesn't and if you read above I too think the man should be punished. What I am trying to say is that it shouldn't be blanketed across the whole church.

It kind of makes me think sometimes that those that do not have faith in religion are the ones that come down on preists and faith the hardest. I don't think you realize that faith has real meaning to people no matter how silly or detrimental you may think it to be. Men of the church are just as fallible and open to temptation as any other man in this world, the presithood is their vocation and to the good ones out there they do try to serve their faith and the people in their community.

Just to throw this out there as well condemning a group on the actions of one or a few is not the most sound thing to do. Say a man kills someone would you then say the other men in his family and what they believe in is for murderers. Take a group of people say construction workers. Say the news reports that in three different states a construstion worker raped someone would you then assume it is construction workers that are likely to rape people? It seems kind of silly right and you might still say well its not a religion or faith. You could bring a flimsy example of that against any group and those that don't like the group would probably agree and those that do like them or belong to it would most likely disagree.

Sad thing about our world is that many people do many terrible things to eachother. Does that mean I'm saying we should turn a blind eye, no. What it means is we should focus on the person that commits the crime and punish them and not those areound him as well. Those around him meaning those who take up that vocation and those that believe and have faith in that theology. Punish those that are responsible not those that are not.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-11-24 08:34:38
Link | Citer | R

Last I checked, human beings were designed to be destructive forces capable of extreme acts of violence towards one another. These priests are no exception to that one dark truth.
[+]
 Titan.Wombat
Serveur: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2010-11-24 08:42:33
Link | Citer | R

There's nothing "holy" about this guy. Like the article said, he's evil.

Creating a priestly hierarchy is among the greatest blunders in Roman Catholicism. Placing elevated spiritual authority in the hands of those who desire it, is at odds with everything Christianity is supposed to stand for.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-24 09:39:21
Link | Citer | R

I've always said this and I will always stick by it. The church is wrong for not allowing priests to marry. You can't expect a man to abstain from sex for the rest of his life. When the horny hits the fan, he will go for the closest thing and unfortunately this is the little boys.

Let them *** marry and have sex, and I'd put money on the fact that these types of occurrences decrease.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-11-24 09:41:01
Link | Citer | R

Lol guys, stop making your titles too long.

Is there a way to program a character limit when you input a new thread title?
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-11-24 09:43:38
Link | Citer | R

the title seemed to fit, but it was too long.

"Here's your holy man, bathed in the blood of innocence."
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-11-24 09:44:18
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, you aren't notified if your title is too long.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-24 10:31:28
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Story. said:
A Catholic priest, facing criminal charges and a lawsuit alleging that he sexually abused a teenage boy

No homo?

But seriously why is it always boys?
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-11-24 10:33:44
Link | Citer | R

Titles get cut off at 50 characters. I'll mention to Scragg again about limiting the field so it doesn't accept more.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-24 10:41:19
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Story. said:
A Catholic priest, facing criminal charges and a lawsuit alleging that he sexually abused a teenage boy

No homo?

But seriously why is it always boys?
I was just fixing to ask that.. It's always a boy <_< Apparently Catholicism has been infiltrated by those there homosexuals..
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-24 10:51:08
Link | Citer | R

It's always a boy because there are Altar Boys, there are no Altar Girls. So the priest goes after the only thing he can take advantage of without parents present.

Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-24 10:57:14
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
It's always a boy because there are Altar Boys, there are no Altar Girls. So the priest goes after the only thing he can take advantage of without parents present.

Even when someone is attracted to children, they still have a sexual preference, while I'm sure there are some that are bi-sexual, the large majority are probably just attracted to males...
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-11-24 11:04:24
Link | Citer | R

it still doesn't change the fact that the people who others seek for moral guidance are the ones fondling young boys in the back rooms of churches (or motels), and its quite disturbing.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-24 11:07:00
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
it still doesn't change the fact that the people who others seek for moral guidance are the ones fondling young boys in the back rooms of churches (or motels), and its quite disturbing.
Oh of course, I'm just more or less curious why they all seem to have a preference for boys.. I mean do they decide consciously to go to into this line of work (is it work? lol) because they'll have the opportunity, or does it just sort of 'happen' that way?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-11-24 11:10:17
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Oh of course, I'm just more or less curious why they all seem to have a preference for boys.. I mean do they decide consciously to go to into this line of work (is it work? lol) because they'll have the opportunity, or does it just sort of 'happen' that way?
because boys are usually in supply and they are under the priest's car.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-24 11:16:56
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Titles get cut off at 50 characters. I'll mention to Scragg again about limiting the field so it doesn't accept more.
/makes thread with a 50 character title

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Huginn
Guildwork Premium
Serveur: Phoenix
user: skitz
By Phoenix.Huginn 2010-11-24 11:30:55
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Story. said:
A Catholic priest, facing criminal charges and a lawsuit alleging that he sexually abused a teenage boy, is now charged with attempting to hire someone to kill the youth, authorities said Tuesday.

Source: Source

Even the holiest of men can be tainted by evil. You would think by now people would look at the priests as evil horny *** and stop following them.

You would think by now that people would look at humans as evil horny *** and stop following them.

why single out one section, all have done the same "evil", yet you only blame those who represent what challenges what you want to believe in.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-24 11:31:02
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
This is exactly why marriage is suppose to be 50% of your religion to God, since evil is much easier to achieve when you are not married and/or have no responsibility.
How so?
Good and Evil are made-up concepts.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-11-24 11:43:42
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
This is exactly why marriage is suppose to be 50% of your religion to God, since evil is much easier to achieve when you are not married and/or have no responsibility.
How so? Good and Evil are made-up concepts.

I guess you could say any concept is made up...
Concept:
–noun
1. a general notion or idea; conception.
2. an idea of something formed by mentally combining all its characteristics or particulars; a construct.
3. a directly conceived or intuited object of thought.

Though I would say the vision of good and evil changes with the generally accepted moral guidlines we adopt as a society, which can change from neighborhood to neighborhood, city to city, nation to nation, etc. etc.....

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-11-24 11:49:16
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

I've never actually heard this before, but I'd have to disagree with it completely. Married people beat/kill/molest thier wife/children/family members as well as single people. I personally don't have any numbers off hand to desrcide the difference between the two but it happens. I mean look at the news you see fathers killing thier family then themselves, mothers drowning their children, molesting their kids and so on... I'm not sure where you get the idea that marraige solves or alleviates the conditions that leads to these actions but I'd be interested to hear about it. I could be wrong.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-11-24 11:50:21
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
How so? Good and Evil do not exist.
So says the naked eye.

Lol, are you changing peoples quotes?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-11-24 11:51:11
Link | Citer | R

marriage, along with racism, brings out the worst in people.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-11-24 11:53:57
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
marriage, along with racism, brings out the worst in people.

This statement makes no sense to me. Might just be me though..
[+]
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10