UN Votes To Allow Gays To Be Executed Without Caus

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » UN votes to allow gays to be executed without caus
UN votes to allow gays to be executed without caus
First Page 2 3 4 5 6

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2010-11-23 17:11:45
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Well I can say I will laugh a bit if the Islamic community does legalize murder for asexual people, because in the Quran it says you're only suppose to harm just those that causes you harm.

I'm sure we can all agree that gay people don't give a crap more than normal people and the amount of emotional abuse they have to endure everyday from closed minded people is honorable but for that they become nice people and the killings would send them straight to hell.

Asexual? Erm, are you are referring to anyone is Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual or Transgender? If you are referring to the LGBT community then there are already laws in 79 countries that make that illegal.

Definition Asexual:
1. Having no evident sex or sex organs; sexless.
2. Relating to, produced by, or involving reproduction that occurs without the union of male and female gametes, as in binary fission or budding.
3. Lacking interest in or desire for sex.

Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-23 17:28:50
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Well I can say I will laugh a bit if the Islamic community does legalize murder for asexual people, because in the Quran it says you're only suppose to harm just those that causes you harm.

I'm sure we can all agree that gay people don't give a crap more than normal people and the amount of emotional abuse they have to endure everyday from closed minded people is honorable but for that they become nice people and the killings would send them straight to hell.
Wouldn't be the first time religion proves to be highly hypocritical, won't be the last, either.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Serveur: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-23 17:50:55
Link | Citer | R

The human race is giving new definiton to devolving, and by association the term Neanderthal.

This upsets me so much I can't even gather my thoughts..
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-23 18:12:16
Link | Citer | R

And that's why certain religions fail. *cough*Islam*cough*
 Bahamut.Shaj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Shaj
By Bahamut.Shaj 2010-11-23 18:16:06
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Khimaira said:
The human race is giving new definiton to devolving, and by association the term Neanderthal.

:(

This is Dominance
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-23 18:19:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Shaj said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
The human race is giving new definiton to devolving, and by association the term Neanderthal. This upsets me so much I can't even gather my thoughts..
:( This is Dominance

I can has hug? :( Im gonna die in the closet nao ; ;
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-23 18:22:13
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Bahamut.Shaj said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
The human race is giving new definiton to devolving, and by association the term Neanderthal. This upsets me so much I can't even gather my thoughts..

You can has.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-23 18:23:17
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Bahamut.Shaj said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
You can has.

^^ The GED thread made me happy at least
 Phoenix.Degs
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-11-23 18:24:58
Link | Citer | R

Even though I dont agree with that lifestyle, The people involved still should be protected in the declaration, though after reading the article its very obvious why it was voted down, due to religious fundamentalism in africa and the arab world
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-23 18:39:33
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Degs said:
Even though I dont agree with that lifestyle, The people involved still should be protected in the declaration, though after reading the article its very obvious why it was voted down, due to religious fundamentalism in africa and the arab world
what was voted down?
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-23 18:45:39
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
i'll be the first to agree with you that the motives aren't pure

however--and correct me if i'm wrong, i might be, though i don't think i am

it's a largely ceremonial/symbolic declaration

i just can't see the change in wording changing anything

arab and african countries would continue to persecute gays if you very slightly changed the wording in an unenforced resolution

and they're not going to step up their persecution over a wording change either

things will continue exactly as they would have if the UN got distracted and completely forgot to do this years generic condemnation of killing people

it's a reflection of an attitude we(most of us anyway) were already aware of

yup lolafrica/lol extreme islam and their 5th century attitudes

but that's nothing new

i don't believe it changes anything from a practical standpoint either way

to answer your second question, you don't

at least not as the world stands today
Considering the wet noodle nature of the UN I tend to agree that out in the real world LGBT people of nations hostile to their lifestyle wouldn't feel a change from this resolution. I just don't know enough about international law and the UN.

When we're talking about Africa and Islam it's also important to notice that several Caribbean countries voted along with them.

Along the lines of your last point. I think it comes down to: are you an advocate of cultural relativism or are you a universalist. Do you believe that cultural values supersede human rights? Do you believe that human rights should be universal? I believe the UN should be governed by a universalist mindset. The UN was formed in the embers of The Holocaust with the goal to fight for human rights. From putting China in a veto power position to their failure to prevent genocide. In my opinion they have missed that mark by miles.

i don't think it comes down to me being a relativist vs a universalist

i'm more concerned with what might actually happen than i am grappling over which philosophy i should pursue in a venue i have no power to change

for the un to truly work, individual nations will have to give up a lot more power than they are willing to give up today

resolutions would have to be binding and enforceable

as things stand today, the nations that matter are not willing to give up enough power to allow the un to act as the global police

in a century or two... we'll see

even then, i'm not sure i support it

the concept of the sovereign nation has a lot to recommend it

and the idea of a powerful world government with the wrong leader is a very scary thought

Fenrir.Snick
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-23 18:49:58
Link | Citer | R

Didn't read whole thread, cause I don't really care.

But maybe gays should just be gay in countries where you don't get killed for it regardless. I know I'm doing great~

On a more serious point: We are not de-evolving as a society. Look back 100 years and tell me things aren't better. Christ *** people are impatient.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-23 19:01:02
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snick said:
Didn't read whole thread, cause I don't really care. But maybe gays should just be gay in countries where you don't get killed for it regardless. I know I'm doing great~

I guess ill be fine if I stay in Canada :L I wanted to live in New York someday though x.x
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-23 19:05:42
Link | Citer | R

I also really don't get why people get so worked up over ***like this. This changed nothing, gays being killed for being gay was and is going to happen regardless of what a bunch of suits say. I'd like it to not be this way too, but I guess I'm just too realistic for this forum~

Edit: But I'm sure somebody will come in and tell me how stupid I am and how I'm such a bad homosexual or whatever.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-23 19:07:36
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snick said:
I also really don't get why people get so worked up over ***like this. This changed nothing, gays being killed for being gay was and is going to happen regardless of what a bunch of suits say. I'd like it to not be this way too, but I guess I'm just too realistic for this forum~ Edit: But I'm sure somebody will come in and tell me how stupid I am and how I'm such a bad homosexual or whatever.

The problem is that this makes it seem acceptable to excersize homophobia
By slowlulz 2010-11-23 19:24:11
Link | Citer | R

this thread is about vinvv's coming out
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-23 19:25:17
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
I also really don't get why people get so worked up over ***like this. This changed nothing, gays being killed for being gay was and is going to happen regardless of what a bunch of suits say. I'd like it to not be this way too, but I guess I'm just too realistic for this forum~ Edit: But I'm sure somebody will come in and tell me how stupid I am and how I'm such a bad homosexual or whatever.

The problem is that this makes it seem acceptable to excersize homophobia
The few actual homophobes I know could stand to lose a few pounds~
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-11-23 19:36:52
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
i don't think it comes down to me being a relativist vs a universalist

i'm more concerned with what might actually happen than i am grappling over which philosophy i should pursue in a venue i have no power to change
As far as you or I go it doesn't really matter. Though the debate over relativist/universalist does address those currently in the UN and what policies they pursue.

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

for the un to truly work, individual nations will have to give up a lot more power than they are willing to give up today

resolutions would have to be binding and enforceable

as things stand today, the nations that matter are not willing to give up enough power to allow the un to act as the global police
Agreed.

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

and the idea of a powerful world government with the wrong leader is a very scary thought
No more scary than any malicious leader that has power over you. Many people don't care that there are current malicious leaders, only if they are ruled by a malicious leader. Though if the jurisdiction of said leader ends at some boarder you can cross at least you can comfort yourself that escape from persecution is obtainable.

Ending state sovereignty is probably about a realistic as doing away with religion, and in some areas they are the same thing.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-11-23 19:53:30
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snick said:
I also really don't get why people get so worked up over ***like this. This changed nothing, gays being killed for being gay was and is going to happen regardless of what a bunch of suits say. I'd like it to not be this way too, but I guess I'm just too realistic for this forum~

Edit: But I'm sure somebody will come in and tell me how stupid I am and how I'm such a bad homosexual or whatever.

People just need to deal with it.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-23 20:09:11
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

No more scary than any malicious leader that has power over you. Many people don't care that there are current malicious leaders, only if they are ruled by a malicious leader. Though if the jurisdiction of said leader ends at some boarder you can cross at least you can comfort yourself that escape from persecution is obtainable.

Ending state sovereignty is probably about a realistic as doing away with religion, and in some areas they are the same thing.

i think it's more of an eggs in one basket thing

if a hitler(yay godwins law!) attains power over germany

there's still a chance for other nations to stop him

and remove him from power

if a hitler gets control of a world government stronger than any individual government

i think the task of removing him from power would be much, much harder

especially if we've given up civil liberties surveillance-wise by that time

essentially a malicious leader who has power over me is just a little bit less scary because at least i've got a glimmer of hope that someone strong enough to stop him will do so
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-23 20:12:58
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Khimaira said:

that's a shame

if you gathered your thoughts you might think to read the article and figure out you're upset over a tiny wording change on an unenforced document

if you didn't already know africa/middle east didn't like gays...
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-23 20:15:26
Link | Citer | R

Sevourn, since you have a woman as your avatar i assume you are female and therefor i wish to procreate with you.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-23 20:17:30
Link | Citer | R

pound my vag babe
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-23 20:25:03
Link | Citer | R

so exactly what did you want to do with me when my avatar was a potato
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-11-23 20:33:49
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
pound my vag babe

the amount of wrong....

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:

that's a shame

if you gathered your thoughts you might think to read the article and figure out you're upset over a tiny wording change on an unenforced document

if you didn't already know africa/middle east didn't like gays...

and on a serious note.

QFT ^
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-23 20:37:04
Link | Citer | R

i didn't post then, i only know dora.

but i guess i'd mash you up and eat you. i guess i the same thing applies here.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-23 20:38:34
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snick said:

but i guess i'd mash you up and eat you.

oh my god that's so hot

i'm oozing butter
By Sevourn 2010-11-23 20:40:39
Link | Citer | R

i want my old avi back

but ah won't let me change it ;_;