UN Votes To Allow Gays To Be Executed Without Caus

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » UN votes to allow gays to be executed without caus
UN votes to allow gays to be executed without caus
First Page 2 3 4 5 6

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-23 16:02:44
Link | Citer | R

slowlulz said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
slowlulz said:
Sylph.Cossack said:
So let me get this straight, its ok to beat my wife, its not ok for strange women to address me for any reason and their testimony can't be used against me in court, and now its legal to kill homos all I have to do is give up pork?

While this rewording may not actually change anything, it symbolically condones these behaviors.

Africa and islam have been our worlds running joke for centuries now, we can't cure them with out becoming what it is that makes them horrible excuses of human beings. What bothers me are the appeasers in cultures that should *** know better.

I *** hate this kind of talk. "We can't cure them" It's there culture! They've been that way along *** time more so then we've been established here in america. Seriously, stop thinking we need to change everyones culture and the way they've done things just because "America, or any other country" doesn't like it. *** mind your own buisness
What if I want to be gay in Africa?
I guess I'd be fine being white and all...lol

guess your either gonna face getting killed or move to another country?
Or I can mind my own business and do what I want, and then a white american getting killed will make it everyone elses business.
By slowlulz 2010-11-23 16:04:57
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
slowlulz said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
slowlulz said:
Sylph.Cossack said:
So let me get this straight, its ok to beat my wife, its not ok for strange women to address me for any reason and their testimony can't be used against me in court, and now its legal to kill homos all I have to do is give up pork?

While this rewording may not actually change anything, it symbolically condones these behaviors.

Africa and islam have been our worlds running joke for centuries now, we can't cure them with out becoming what it is that makes them horrible excuses of human beings. What bothers me are the appeasers in cultures that should *** know better.

I *** hate this kind of talk. "We can't cure them" It's there culture! They've been that way along *** time more so then we've been established here in america. Seriously, stop thinking we need to change everyones culture and the way they've done things just because "America, or any other country" doesn't like it. *** mind your own buisness

Or I can mind my own business and do what I want, and then a white american getting killed will make it everyone elses business.

yeah mind your own buisness do what you want. just don't make it public and your safe, or move to another country!
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-11-23 16:07:33
Link | Citer | R

Just don't go prancing in a muslin or 3rd world country saying your gay and everything should be fine. In all seriousness a gay person would still be persecuted either way in those religious country. So getting mad at this is really dumb
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-11-23 16:08:17
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
i'll be the first to agree with you that the motives aren't pure

however--and correct me if i'm wrong, i might be, though i don't think i am

it's a largely ceremonial/symbolic declaration

i just can't see the change in wording changing anything

arab and african countries would continue to persecute gays if you very slightly changed the wording in an unenforced resolution

and they're not going to step up their persecution over a wording change either

things will continue exactly as they would have if the UN got distracted and completely forgot to do this years generic condemnation of killing people

it's a reflection of an attitude we(most of us anyway) were already aware of

yup lolafrica/lol extreme islam and their 5th century attitudes

but that's nothing new

i don't believe it changes anything from a practical standpoint either way

to answer your second question, you don't

at least not as the world stands today
Considering the wet noodle nature of the UN I tend to agree that out in the real world LGBT people of nations hostile to their lifestyle wouldn't feel a change from this resolution. I just don't know enough about international law and the UN.

When we're talking about Africa and Islam it's also important to notice that several Caribbean countries voted along with them.

Along the lines of your last point. I think it comes down to: are you an advocate of cultural relativism or are you a universalist. Do you believe that cultural values supersede human rights? Do you believe that human rights should be universal? I believe the UN should be governed by a universalist mindset. The UN was formed in the embers of The Holocaust with the goal to fight for human rights. From putting China in a veto power position to their failure to prevent genocide. In my opinion they have missed that mark by miles.
 Ramuh.Kailana
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2010-11-23 16:09:48
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Way to go one giant leap *** backwards, world.

That's all.

I concur!
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2010-11-23 16:12:37
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
Wow I'm disappointed by the lack or real reporting I'm seeing on this. All sources I'm finding simply copy and paste the same information.

I'm left searching for information on the UN to find out what the actual ramifications are of this vote. LGBT sites claim that it will increase the human right violations, but don't support their claims with any sources or logic. Neutral sites don't reveal any insight into why the changes were sought, or how or if it effects international law.

I'm woefully ignorant in regards to international law and the UN, so if any of you are more enlightened in these matters and wish to correct me that would be appreciated.

So far I've come to the conclusion that this vote was held by a committee of the General Assembly, which is one of the 5 principal organs of the UN. Of the 5 organs it looks as though only 1 organ, the Security Council has the ability to vote on binding resolutions that carry legal consequences. The other organs only pass "recommendations" that carry no legal consequences but carry considerable political weight. These organs can refer an issue to the Security Council to put in place a binding resolution.

So I again am left with these questions: Without any real enforcement what is to gain in these proceedings? What is to lose? You know those 5 W's of journalism? Well where is they "Why?" in these reports.

I'm irritated with most of the news sites I've visited as well. It took multiple searches for any site to directly reference the UN versus press releases from ARC.

I also can't find the new ratified bill in its entirety. I can find the amendment that Morocco and Mali introduced and I can find the original (I think, 6 (b) is where you want to look). But not the updated document.

In response to how this will affect the LGBT community throughout the world, I think it depends. Morocco stated that:
Quote:
The representative of Morocco, on behalf of the Organization of the Islamic Conference, said the Group was seriously concerned by controversial and undefined notions that had no foundation in international human rights instruments. Intolerance and discrimination existed in cases of colour, race, gender and religion, to mention only a few. Selectivity intended to accommodate certain interests over others had to be avoided by the international community. Such selectivity would set a precedent that would change the human rights paradigm in order to suit the interests of particular groups. An attempt to create new rights was a matter of concern for the Group. All Member States were urged to continue to devote special attention to the protection of the family as the natural and fundamental unit of society.

The part I emphasize in bold concerns me. How in any way is homosexuality a threat to "family as the natural and fundamental unit of society"?

There are 76 countries that consider homosexuality a crime and 5 that count it as a capital crime (death penalty). I hope this legalization is not touted in those countries (and others) as verification and legitimization of their "Extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions".

In reference to those who commented that "discriminatory reasons on any basis" is inserted instead of "sexual orientation" that is incorrect. "Discriminatory reasons on any basis" was already in the the document, "including sexual orientation" was removed. So why weren't the other 18 specific groups/persons removed?
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-23 16:14:27
Link | Citer | R

slowlulz said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
slowlulz said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
slowlulz said:
Sylph.Cossack said:

yeah mind your own buisness do what you want. just don't make it public and your safe, or move to another country!
who said I lived there?
 Siren.Vonn
Serveur: Siren
user: VonnTaru
By Siren.Vonn 2010-11-23 16:15:31
Link | Citer | R

i'm glad some people posted some alternative links to this. The first link from thenewcivilrightsmovement.com or w/e is very arbitrary and offers little depth on the subject imo.
By slowlulz 2010-11-23 16:18:07
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
slowlulz said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
slowlulz said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
slowlulz said:
Sylph.Cossack said:

who said I lived there?

the way you were talking it seemed as tho you were implying in general. Didn't know you were actually referring to YOU. It's cool this should not be an issue you can be gay in your own country with no problems
[+]
 Phoenix.Mogue
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-11-23 16:20:57
Link | Citer | R

eliminate the anon posting feature
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-11-23 16:21:01
Link | Citer | R

When I was living on campus we had a suite that had a shared kitchen and bath connected to four rooms. My brother and I were on one side, and we were put with a random student that Student Housing set us up with. Ours happened to be from Kenya. This was in 2008. We got along pretty well with him, we'd talk in between classes and give him rides to the cafeteria which was on the totally opposite side of campus. Then he started to act weird, would dodge us and act closed off. Came to discover he thought my brother and I were actually homosexuals, because we don't look alike at all. He was demanding to see birth certificates or else he wouldn't have anything to do with us. He stopped accepting rides to the cafeteria and would act like he didn't know us.

It is no surprise to me that Kenya was in the list of countries that voted for the resolution. It is understandable that our roommate acted the way he did. If being gay is severely punishable I'd distance myself from those I thought were gay too. I just wanted to point out that one doesn't have to be homosexual to receive the hate that these countries dole out.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-23 16:22:13
Link | Citer | R

slowlulz said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
slowlulz said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
slowlulz said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
slowlulz said:
Sylph.Cossack said:

who said I lived there?

the way you were talking it seemed as tho you were implying in general. Didn't know you were actually referring to YOU. It's cool this should not be an issue you can be gay in your own country with no problems
I was referring to myself just for the hell of it :/
Still don't matter.
I guess we should mind our business and let more mass genocide happen rite :P
Pfft. What. a. joke.
By slowlulz 2010-11-23 16:22:52
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Mogue said:

i'm sure that will happen soon.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-11-23 16:23:36
Link | Citer | R

slowlulz said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:

^ korpg sock
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-23 16:25:21
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Mogue said:
slowlulz said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:

^ korpg sock
I don't think it's korpg, he would have hit on me at least once by now.
 Phoenix.Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-11-23 16:26:29
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:
slowlulz said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:

^ korpg sock
wasn't he?
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-11-23 16:27:12
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said:
Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
Wow I'm disappointed by the lack or real reporting I'm seeing on this. All sources I'm finding simply copy and paste the same information.

I'm left searching for information on the UN to find out what the actual ramifications are of this vote. LGBT sites claim that it will increase the human right violations, but don't support their claims with any sources or logic. Neutral sites don't reveal any insight into why the changes were sought, or how or if it effects international law.

I'm woefully ignorant in regards to international law and the UN, so if any of you are more enlightened in these matters and wish to correct me that would be appreciated.

So far I've come to the conclusion that this vote was held by a committee of the General Assembly, which is one of the 5 principal organs of the UN. Of the 5 organs it looks as though only 1 organ, the Security Council has the ability to vote on binding resolutions that carry legal consequences. The other organs only pass "recommendations" that carry no legal consequences but carry considerable political weight. These organs can refer an issue to the Security Council to put in place a binding resolution.

So I again am left with these questions: Without any real enforcement what is to gain in these proceedings? What is to lose? You know those 5 W's of journalism? Well where is they "Why?" in these reports.

I'm irritated with most of the news sites I've visited as well. It took multiple searches for any site to directly reference the UN versus press releases from ARC.

I also can't find the new ratified bill in its entirety. I can find the amendment that Morocco and Mali introduced and I can find the original (I think, 6 (b) is where you want to look). But not the updated document.

In response to how this will affect the LGBT community throughout the world, I think it depends. Morocco stated that:
Quote:
The representative of Morocco, on behalf of the Organization of the Islamic Conference, said the Group was seriously concerned by controversial and undefined notions that had no foundation in international human rights instruments. Intolerance and discrimination existed in cases of colour, race, gender and religion, to mention only a few. Selectivity intended to accommodate certain interests over others had to be avoided by the international community. Such selectivity would set a precedent that would change the human rights paradigm in order to suit the interests of particular groups. An attempt to create new rights was a matter of concern for the Group. All Member States were urged to continue to devote special attention to the protection of the family as the natural and fundamental unit of society.

The part I emphasize in bold concerns me. How in any way is homosexuality a threat to "family as the natural and fundamental unit of society"?

There are 76 countries that consider homosexuality a crime and 5 that count it as a capital crime (death penalty). I hope this legalization is not touted in those countries (and others) as verification and legitimization of their "Extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions".

In reference to those who commented that "discriminatory reasons on any basis" is inserted instead of "sexual orientation" that is incorrect. "Discriminatory reasons on any basis" was already in the the document, "including sexual orientation" was removed. So why weren't the other 18 specific groups/persons removed?
OMG thank you so much for the links! It's so irritating how many "news" sites don't link original sources! Editing the OP to include these.
By slowlulz 2010-11-23 16:28:52
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Mogue said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:
slowlulz said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:

^ korpg sock
wasn't he?

no I am not gay,lesbian,bisexual,transexual,intersexual

I like women.
[+]
 Siren.Vonn
Serveur: Siren
user: VonnTaru
By Siren.Vonn 2010-11-23 16:29:07
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
slowlulz said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
slowlulz said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
slowlulz said:
Sylph.Cossack said:

who said I lived there?
It's people like you, slowlulz, that turn their back on injustice that destroy progress in peace. Yeah we can choose to allow people to kill out of hatred, because that is what it is, and just ignore it. We can "mind our own business." But where do we draw the line? Do we just mind our own business while innocent civilians are killed every day over religious disputes? Do we just turn away while children are thrown into wartime situations and made to wield weapons, when they aren't even old enough to understand what they are fighting and dying for? Let's just turn around and ignore North Korea while they develop nuclear weapons to use on their enemies and just *** the world with radiation. I'll admit there are a lot of instances where people should mind their own business. Like when someone has a sexual preference that is different from your own. When someone wants to practice their own religion without persicution. When someone wants to take the bus without being bombed. These are human lives that are in danger. Yeah they can just move to a different country.. good idea... but when every country decides to kill them outright where are they gonna go?
 Phoenix.Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-11-23 16:30:35
Link | Citer | R

slowlulz said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:
slowlulz said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:

^ korpg sock
wasn't he?

I like women.

and deer
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-23 16:31:11
Link | Citer | R

slowlulz said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:
slowlulz said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:

^ korpg sock
wasn't he?

I like women.
and men.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Serveur: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-11-23 16:31:21
Link | Citer | R

Korpg is back?!

Hey kor =DD
By slowlulz 2010-11-23 16:35:23
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Vonn said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
slowlulz said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
slowlulz said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
slowlulz said:
Sylph.Cossack said:

who said I lived there?
It's people like you, slowlulz, that turn their back on injustice that destroy progress in peace. Yeah we can choose to allow people to kill out of hatred, because that is what it is, and just ignore it. We can "mind our own business." But where do we draw the line? Do we just mind our own business while innocent civilians are killed every day over religious disputes? Do we just turn away while children are thrown into wartime situations and made to wield weapons, when they aren't even old enough to understand what they are fighting and dying for? Let's just turn around and ignore North Korea while they develop nuclear weapons to use on their enemies and just *** the world with radiation. I'll admit there are a lot of instances where people should mind their own business. Like when someone has a sexual preference that is different from your own. When someone wants to practice their own religion without persicution. When someone wants to take the bus without being bombed. These are human lives that are in danger. Yeah they can just move to a different country.. good idea... but when every country decides to kill them outright where are they gonna go?

sorry but your rant is mute. The decision has already been made. Sure we can throw our own opinions on what should/could/will happen. But again these are opinions.
[+]
By slowlulz 2010-11-23 16:39:45
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
slowlulz said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:
slowlulz said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:

^ korpg sock
wasn't he?

I like women.
and men.

you are the one asking "what if's" on being gay in africa...lol
[+]
 Asura.Luelle
Serveur: Asura
user: Luelle
By Asura.Luelle 2010-11-23 16:43:54
Link | Citer | R

This just makes me incredibly sad....
Everyone deserves basic human rights... regardless of sexual orientation. No one should be executed without just cause.

Sure you can say "Oh it's their culture" whatever and I'm not ethnocentric whatsoever, but really, how can you even condone it with that excuse?

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-11-23 16:45:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Luelle said:
how can you even condone it with that excuse?
By being nothing but a inbred fatshit from Texas trolling a website he was banned from months ago
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-23 16:47:28
Link | Citer | R

slowlulz said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
slowlulz said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:
slowlulz said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:

^ korpg sock
wasn't he?

I like women.
and men.

you are the one asking "what if's" on being gay in africa...lol
what does that have to do with anything?
it's not like I went into detail about gay sex.
what-ifs are what-ifs for a reason.
 Sylph.Oddin
Serveur: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-11-23 16:52:26
Link | Citer | R

If only it were legal to kill stupid people. If only...