Best Melee Way To 100 TP?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Best Melee Way To 100 TP?
Best Melee Way To 100 TP?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bahamut.Jouliont
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jouliont
By Bahamut.Jouliont 2010-01-11 03:41:45
Link | Citer | R

So I was doing some math. What I have available to me at 75 would be Joyeuse/Phantom Flue/Suppa.
What's the best combo?
Joyeuse?
Joyeuse/Phantom?
Joyeuse/Phantom/Suppa?

My math was erased by FFXIAH when I did something on my laptop so i'm not gonna waste more time posting it all. My findings was that Joyeuse gave the best hits to WS by 1.0s or something next to with phantom and Joyeuse/phantom w/ Joyeuse being dead last. The problem with my math is that I did not consider DA so I could be wrong. My math formula was like this: Joyeuse 224 delay(3.7 secs) 6 TP per hit. One hit WS = 16.8 16.8 + 14x6= 100.8
14 hits*3.7s/hit = total of 51s to WS if you already had the 16.8 TP from WS.
Main problem with my math is that I have no idea how to factor out the DA.
If anyone can tell me which combo is best, it'll help me out greatly and please no trolling about my math please. >_<
 Asura.Artemicion
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-11 03:46:41
Link | Citer | R

Eh, I wouldn't stress myself with too many mathematical formulas or following elitest points of view and opinions. Since meleeing on corsair is futile in the DPS department, the key is gaining TP quickly to push out as many sexy slugs as you can.

I personally used Joeyuse + Trailer's Kukri as a stat stick/low delay/higher skill cap in dagger for off hand due to /NIN destroying many passive bonuses you normally would get with /RNG. However, it shall ultimately come down to what works best for you.

Edit: Some things worth keeping in mind however:

Corsair has a slightly higher skill cap in daggers than they do in swords. This isn't of huge significance in merit situations however, it helps to narrow the margin of inaccuracy as much as possible.

Joyeuse is free, albeit difficult and time consuming to obtain. Requires some awesome friends and lots of time spent sitting in a cave unless you're very lucky.

Merc Kris is expensive, unless you have some summoner friends willing to do that fishing quest with you. And again, the drop is also all about getting lucky.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-11 03:51:49
Link | Citer | R

Just joy toy will probably work out better though I'd have to do the math. Remember that while DWing those swds increases attack speed it also lowers tp gain per hit.

As far as double attack goes assuming you have no actualy double attack trait you could just figure the average hits per round to get how much tp you would actually average per round.

Having actual double attack in there would kinda make things little more difficult since it would be figured seperately and both can't proc at the same time but still doable.

So first question how much DA do you have in your tp set? 2nd how much store tp?
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-11 03:54:26
Link | Citer | R

Gawd, I miss meriting COR with samurais and warriors. DA + STP rolls = WSWSWSWSWS Weeeeeeeeeeee! <3333

Also, with joyeuse you won't have to worry about warrior's roll screwing up the triple hit with merc kris as joyeuse can only double attack anyways, thus no interference.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-11 03:57:40
Link | Citer | R

Well while that is true you would still kinda be missing out in a sense as you would've double attacked anyways. Merc kris would probably be faster though
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-11 04:00:49
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well while that is true you would still kinda be missing out in a sense as you would've double attacked anyways. Merc kris would probably be faster though

True! However I rather have a continuous chain of double attacks instead of missed triple attacks that turned into single/double attacks instead.
 Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2010-01-11 04:01:05
Link | Citer | R

Real quickly with no haste or store tp it's an average of 37 seconds (10 attack rounds) with just joy, 44.1 seconds (7 Attack rounds) with Joy/Phantom no suppa, and 42 seconds (7 Attack rounds) with Joy/Phantom and suppa. That's using the 45% rate of double attack from Joy.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 04:06:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Artemicion said:
Gawd, I miss meriting COR with samurais and warriors. DA STP rolls = WSWSWSWSWS Weeeeeeeeeeee! <3333

Also, with joyeuse you won't have to worry about warrior's roll screwing up the triple hit with merc kris as joyeuse can only double attack anyways, thus no interference.
Using the wrong rolls, getting much less exp than you could have been.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-11 04:09:10
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Asura.Artemicion said:
Gawd, I miss meriting COR with samurais and warriors. DA STP rolls = WSWSWSWSWS Weeeeeeeeeeee! <3333

Using the wrong rolls, getting much less exp than you could have been.

Forgive me if I was 3.08903532% under par to your standards. I was having fun and taking advantage of job/roll bonuses available at the time. 15k exp/hr is nothing to sneeze at. At least not to me anyways.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-11 04:09:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Artemicion said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
True! However I rather have a continuous chain of double attacks instead of missed triple attacks that turned into single/double attacks instead.
Double attack proc wouldn't turn the weapons triple attack into single... hell it only triple attacks about 20% of the time so even with capped 50% double attack still only gunna overwrite it 1/2 that but you are also overwriting the 30% single attack 1/2 the time. Granted it kinda makes all that double attack useless since it brings your already 1.9 average hits per round to 1.95 lol. Assuming double attack overwrites the multihit and not the other way around.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 04:10:19
Link | Citer | R

15k/hr isn't even standard (20k is nowdays). That's far more than 3.089% under par lol. Though I personally do 28-35, depending on the quality of the other DDs I can find at the time.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-11 04:11:38
Link | Citer | R

Ah, well this was years ago and I've long since retired. I don't know what the new trends or standards are nor do I really give a ***what some group of elite *** say is acceptable and what isn't. It got the job done and we had a blast.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 04:12:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Artemicion said:
Ah, well this was years ago and I've long since retired. I don't know what the new trends or standards are nor do I really give a ***what some group of elite *** say is acceptable and what isn't. It got the job done and we had a blast.
I never said it wasn't acceptable, did I? I just said you were getting less than you could have. Learn to read and take w/e crawled up your *** out.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-11 04:15:07
Link | Citer | R

Not that I was implying anything, just simply stating fun > numbers on a screen.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 04:15:19
Link | Citer | R

Also, if you want to take advantage of job bonuses, use corsair's roll, as you have one in your party.

Edit:
Let's not forget, no evoker's roll if there isn't a smn in the party because that's just plain not fun. We need to make use of job bonuses, so let's use warlock's roll and Choral Roll for our rdm and brd!
 Bahamut.Jouliont
By Bahamut.Jouliont 2010-01-11 04:20:03
Link | Citer | R

Oh, that's right. Extraneous variables such as sTP and rolls were not factored in the equations. XD Well for starters I assume the best rolls for the whole party would most likely be DA/atk rolls. Although sometimes ppl do ask for acc. However the key roll is DA. There's sTP roll but that's really situational towards the whole party and in most cases is too much of a bother to figure out how much sTP each player has. My current sTP and DA would most likely just come strictly from brutal earring. The amount of haste, however will solely rely on my current hit rate. No use using haste if I can't hit, right?
Well, I guess if I fixed the proct of DA for both weapons, I could probably get my answer? lol x.x
 Bahamut.Jouliont
By Bahamut.Jouliont 2010-01-11 04:21:28
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Also, if you want to take advantage of job bonuses, use corsair's roll, as you have one in your party.
Oh right. Well, that really depends if the party can keep chains or not. lol
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 04:22:57
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jouliont said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Corsiar's roll beats any other roll in top xp/hr, regardless of chain status.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-11 04:24:20
Link | Citer | R

Very true, I suppose I got carried away with the sexy pew pew fun time.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 04:24:36
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jouliont said:
No use using haste if I can't hit, right?
Honestly depends on how much haste vs how much acc. For example, turban > ohat always. If your acc is ever to the point where 10 acc > 5 haste, you need to be eating acc food.
 Bahamut.Jouliont
By Bahamut.Jouliont 2010-01-11 04:28:20
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Bahamut.Jouliont said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Corsiar's roll beats any other roll in top xp/hr, regardless of chain status.
Well, i'm on Bahamut so the chance of using corsair's roll is pretty situational. http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Experience_ChainIf your chains stops at 5, you're better off keeping another roll to keep that 50% xp bonus to chain 50+.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 04:31:44
Link | Citer | R

>.> by chain status I thought you meant outkilling and running out of mobs, so swap 2 dd rolls to corsair roll, not the fact that the pt couldn't maintain a chain to begin with. If your server is like that, I truly feel sorry for you :(
 Bahamut.Jouliont
By Bahamut.Jouliont 2010-01-11 04:36:35
Link | Citer | R

Could be just b/c of all the football games. lol. Past month I've been to 3 meripos w/ BRD/COR and they haven't gone over chain 50. All 3 times bottom camp was empty too... No way could we be overkilling with bottom open...
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 04:39:34
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jouliont said:
Could be just b/c of all the football games. lol. Past month I've been to 3 meripos w/ BRD/COR and they haven't gone over chain 50. All 3 times bottom camp was empty too... No way could we be overkilling with bottom open...
shitty DDs
 Bahamut.Jouliont
By Bahamut.Jouliont 2010-01-11 04:43:57
Link | Citer | R

Well, not like middle camp was always cleared. All 3 BRDs weren't doing that timed respawn pulling thing. Rarely does my meripo consist of a RDM and usually consist of a MNK who didn't have high hit rate too... it's pretty dead when I play... Let's get back on subject please. :)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-11 04:52:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jouliont said:
Let's get back on subject please. :)
Bahamut.Jouliont said:
XD Well for starters I assume the best rolls for the whole party would most likely be DA/atk rolls. Although sometimes ppl do ask for acc. However the key roll is DA. My current sTP and DA would most likely just come strictly from brutal earring.
So are you using double attack roll or not lol? Cause you say it is the best roll but then say your double attack is just from brutal earring? If so do you have snakes eyes merited so you can keep at lucky number or 11 pretty consistently? Do you usually have a war or relic to at least get the war proc sometimes?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 04:52:45
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
All 3 BRDs weren't doing that timed respawn pulling thing.

What? I've never even heard of this before.

On subject, your best way to 100 tp is Joyeuse. Let the brd pull, sub war.
 Bahamut.Jouliont
By Bahamut.Jouliont 2010-01-11 04:59:21
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Jouliont said:
Let's get back on subject please. :)
Bahamut.Jouliont said:
XD Well for starters I assume the best rolls for the whole party would most likely be DA/atk rolls. Although sometimes ppl do ask for acc. However the key roll is DA. My current sTP and DA would most likely just come strictly from brutal earring.
So are you using double attack roll or not lol? Cause you say it is the best roll but then say your double attack is just from brutal earring? If so do you have snakes eyes merited so you can keep at lucky number or 11 pretty consistently? Do you usually have a war or relic to at least get the war proc sometimes?
I'm only 61. >_> I'm just telling you what I have to offer gearwise. Merit wise I will merit fold and snake. I don't think duration matters much if all three are in category 2. lol sorry for confusing you. Gearwise, all the DA i'll have will only come from Brutals. I'm pretty sure the best roll in a decent 15k+/hr meripo will be able to live with DA/XP or DA/ACC.
I'm just asking all this to see how much it'll cost to do what I want done. Too many ppl telling me "this is best" yet never tells me why.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 05:00:24
Link | Citer | R

Chaos roll/Corsair's roll is the standard for meripo.
 Bahamut.Jouliont
By Bahamut.Jouliont 2010-01-11 05:02:06
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:
All 3 BRDs weren't doing that timed respawn pulling thing.

What? I've never even heard of this before.

On subject, your best way to 100 tp is Joyeuse. Let the brd pull, sub war.
Well, all 3 BRDs never pulled in a circle. They pulled from where ever. They never knew when a bird would spawn in middle. I don't think i'll ever be able to go /WAR unless I have the RACC/ACC and idk if it's that great to give up on Barrage and snapshot.
First Page 2 3 4 5