Best Melee Way To 100 TP?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Best Melee Way To 100 TP?
Best Melee Way To 100 TP?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 05:04:22
Link | Citer | R

As cor, you'll most likely have to eat sushi anyways, so you'll be covered on acc. You tp w/ Joyeuse and WS w/ ranged, so snapshot will have no effect on this. Berserk just kills barrage, ect.

As for the brd circle, when we run out of birds, we just pull wivre >.>
 Bahamut.Jouliont
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jouliont
By Bahamut.Jouliont 2010-01-11 05:10:43
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
As cor, you'll most likely have to eat sushi anyways, so you'll be covered on acc. You tp w/ Joyeuse and WS w/ ranged, so snapshot will have no effect on this. Berserk just kills barrage, ect.

Well, I guess we'll see when I hit 75 then. lol I already know i'll be needing to eat sushi for ACC anyways. I learned that from leveling SAM polearm and MNK when my hit rate wasn't stabilized from combat skill and gear.

Must be on the wrong server b/c i've never had to chain off wivres before. >_>
 Bahamut.Jouliont
user: Jouliont
By Bahamut.Jouliont 2010-01-11 05:11:29
Link | Citer | R

I'll stick with Joyeuse only for now. I'll get back to this thread tomorrow.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 05:13:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jouliont said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

Well, I guess we'll see when I hit 75 then. lol I already know i'll be needing to eat sushi for ACC anyways. I learned that from leveling SAM polearm and MNK when my hit rate wasn't stabilized from combat skill and gear.

Must be on the wrong server b/c i've never had to chain off wivres before. >_>
Any pt where you've cleared birds and need wivre is an indication of a good pt. Minimum of 25-26k/hr(assuming corsair roll) and can go up to 35 if your party is truly top notch.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-11 05:29:21
Link | Citer | R

You said you got 16.8 from ws so going from that you need 83.2 to get too 100%.

Assume you using fighters roll with no war and getting lucky or 11 each time will be 12 or 18% so lets say 15 average +5 from brutal so 20.

Suppa for 20% DW. And just 1 str tp though it litterally isn't gunna do anything with truncating lol

Joytoy on average does 45% double attack. Assuming 20% double attack trait on the other 55% will give on total of 56% to attack twice on joytoy. So average of 1.56 hits with this a round

20% on phamtom. Average of 1.2 attacks with this a round

So with both average of 2.76 hits per round.

Joytoy+phamtom+supp
Adjusted combine delay= 358
Base tp per hit= 4.9
time per attack round= 5.9sec
Number of hits needed to get to 100= 16.97
Average number of attack rounds= 6.15
Time to get that many attack rounds= 36.285

Joytoy+phamtom
combine delay= 380
Base tp per hit= 5.2
time per attack round= 6.3sec
Number of hits needed to get to 100= 16.20
Average number of attack rounds= 5.79
Time to get that many attack rounds= 36.477

Joytoy
delay= 224
base tp per hit= 6.0
time per attack round= 3.7sec
Number of hits needed to get to 100= 13.86
Average number of attack rounds= 8.88
Time to get that many attack rounds= 32.856.

Now normally I would round off especailly with DW since you need at least 100% so you need full attack rounds. But since this is so much to do with double attack and is by precentages the best I can do really is average time and put it in decimals. Also the less double attack trait you have the more it will favor just joyuese
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-11 05:36:25
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jouliont said:
I don't think i'll ever be able to go /WAR unless I have the RACC/ACC and idk if it's that great to give up on Barrage and snapshot.
Sharpshot?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-11 07:28:49
Link | Citer | R

Do what you find Fun in a game

I wouldn't bother listening to elitist individuals on these forums tbh.

I think they need to remember they are playing a game after all.
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2010-01-11 07:53:45
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Do what you find Fun in a game I wouldn't bother listening to elitist individuals on these forums tbh. I think they need to remember they are playing a game after all.
I would say out of most of the FF forums this is the one with the least amount of elitists.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-11 08:28:38
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Excesspain said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Do what you find Fun in a game I wouldn't bother listening to elitist individuals on these forums tbh. I think they need to remember they are playing a game after all.
I would say out of most of the FF forums this is the one with the least amount of elitists.

This may be true, but the elitist still crawl out and piss everyone off.
 Asura.Xenophire
Serveur: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-01-11 08:46:14
Link | Citer | R

My TP Set. It's not the greatest, but it works for me. That with Haste and double March, if I get enough double attacks in, it looks like I break the swinging animation. I don't really use Sushi due to going /WAR and taking hate constantly. I swing enough to TP efficiently enough to WS once or twice per mob.

If you're curious, my WS Set.

Pandemonium.Vincentius
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-01-11 08:47:42
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Unicorn.Excesspain said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

This may be true, but the elitist still crawl out and piss everyone off.

Then don't go to a forum of all places, looking for advice on being the best you can be, because that "elitest ***" will sure as hell tell you how to stop sucking.
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
Serveur: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-11 09:06:34
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Do what you find Fun in a game

I wouldn't bother listening to elitist individuals on these forums tbh.

I think they need to remember they are playing a game after all.

I must of miss-read the title, there was me thinking that is asked for the best way.

The OP asked advice from the people who could do the required maths to show which is the best way to reach 100TP (read: 'elitists') and they answered.

I am not entirely sure why you are getting you knickers in a knot over some one getting the answer to the question they asked.

No one has even been nasty 'your doing wrong you noob'.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-11 09:43:01
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Argettio said:
I must of miss-read the title, there was me thinking that is asked for the best way.
You did it asked for the best way to tp to 100% tp.
Kujata.Argettio said:

The OP asked advice from the people who could do the required maths to show which is the best way to reach 100TP (read: 'elitists') and they answered.

I am not entirely sure why you are getting you knickers in a knot over some one getting the answer to the question they asked. No one has even been nasty 'your doing wrong you noob'.
You must have missed the "your using the wrong rolls" or "your getting shitty xp" or "have shitty DDs" part that went on for half a page
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-11 09:52:29
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
You must have missed the "your using the wrong rolls" or "your getting shitty xp" or "have shitty DDs" part that went on for half a page

Well, all of that was valid in fairness. Bahamut merit parties did tend to suck a fair bit, but what do you expect when they keep inviting any crappy SAM or WAR they can think of and ignored all other jobs :( most pickup SAMs and WARs on Bahamut are abysmal.

Whenever I did merit though, 20~22k/hr was pretty much standard. Rarely ended up with a truly high tier party (though those were fun!) but that was about my average probably.

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-11 09:55:59
Link | Citer | R

Still doesn't stop me from posting on how people are *** holes.

He was asking for the best equipment, not how to play cor effectively.

I'm pretty sick of people brown nosing Vegetto here, The guy is an elitist ***, get over it.
[+]
 Alexander.Neph
Serveur: Alexander
user: Neph
By Alexander.Neph 2010-01-11 10:02:50
Link | Citer | R

*sagely nod*
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-01-11 10:05:14
Link | Citer | R

TP

Slug Shot

Detonator

i use /war to enhance joyeuse tp build
and hitting a slug with berserk/warcry active makes the other DD go o.O

i roll chaos/cor rolls in group, got my relic hat so it works 1/3 the time lol
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2010-01-11 10:15:43
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

I'm pretty sick of people brown nosing Vegetto here, The guy is an elitist ***, get over it.

The guy is not an "elitist ***", if he were he wouldn't be helping others out here. 15k/hr is really bad these days because it's not that hard to get more if people stop sucking at WAR and SAM(and DRG) so much.

Vegetto always posts "in a nice way" and uses math to back it up, how is he being an *** for providing information so people can do better when that's what you're supposed to aim for with your character?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-11 10:28:02
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
Slug Shot
Detonator
Looks like the only difference between the 2 is swapping some str on your slug set for agi on your detonator... which seems odd since they have the same mods? Is a 200% slug taht much more accurate or soemthing?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-11 10:31:33
Link | Citer | R

STR will do more for Detonator too until the point at which fSTR2 is capped!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-11 10:34:16
Link | Citer | R

Well yeah that's why I asked
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 11:40:07
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

No wonder you love me :)

I do have above par standards, I admit to that much, but I'm far from an elitist, lol.
I'm not the one telling people "If your war doesn't have an ebody don't invite them, if your dds don't have hq acc rings don't invite them, if your rdm doesn't have a morg body or dalmy get rid of them", but I do hold some standard.

For example, my hq acc ring example. No, I don't expect everyone to own a pair of hq acc rings, but I do expect them to know that an nq acc ring > a str+5 ring. I do expect people to know that walahra turban is better to tp in than maat's cap (about 70% of them on my server tp in that ***), ect.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-11 12:11:40
Link | Citer | R

Gay jokes! ba'zing.

Look over your posts in this topic, and say honestly that isn't harsh.

You start out by saying he's doing it wrong, in a HARSH way. (Could of just said "Cor roll gets more exp an hour" instead of adding sarcastic undertones)

You then precede to say 15k an hour isn't acceptable. This makes you look like an elitist ***.

You then go back on your self and say how Arte should pull the bug out of his *** after ousting you. (At this point, the only one being unacceptably hostile is you.)

It's not what you say so much, it's how you say it.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-11 12:14:16
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
As cor, you'll most likely have to eat sushi anyways, so you'll be covered on acc. You tp w/ Joyeuse and WS w/ ranged, so snapshot will have no effect on this. Berserk just kills barrage, ect. As for the brd circle, when we run out of birds, we just pull wivre >.>

true strike.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-11 12:16:42
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
TP Slug Shot Detonator i use /war to enhance joyeuse tp build and hitting a slug with berserk/warcry active makes the other DD go o.O i roll chaos/cor rolls in group, got my relic hat so it works 1/3 the time lol

On detonator I find warwolf belt incredible. str helps just as much because of that fstr cap blah blah blah and if you pay attention and eat squid+1 like a good cor you already have a big boost to agi from the food.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 12:17:21
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Gay jokes! ba'zing.

You start out by saying he's doing it wrong, in a HARSH way. (Could of just said "Cor roll gets more exp an hour" instead of adding sarcastic undertones)

You then precede to say 15k an hour isn't acceptable. This makes you look like an elitist ***.

You then go back on your self and say how Arte should pull the bug out of his *** after ousting you. (At this point, the only one being unacceptably hostile is you.)

Shouldn't matter how I say it. If you get your feeling hurt by something someone says about a videogame, you shouldn't be allowed to be on the internet.

I didn't say 15k/hr wasn't acceptable, however I will say it is acceptable for me. I would honestly /pdmc leave on a 15k/hr pt, but I'm not saying that everyone should, if they're happy with it, that's fine. I was just making it aware that there is better (because the way he said 15k/hr, as if it were to be considered a good party by today's standards, which I'd have to disagree with)
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-11 12:20:22
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
You start out by saying he's doing it wrong, in a HARSH way.
Vegetto said:
Using the wrong rolls, getting much less exp than you could have been.

That doesn't seem particularly harsh to me. Harsh is like "not using Corsair's Roll? Change your job you idiot" or something along those lines.
Quote:

Really now? Vegetto remains civil and not derisive throughout the conversation, whereas Arte uses sarcasm and hostility such as:
Quote:
Forgive me if I was 3.08903532% under par to your standards.
Quote:
nor do I really give a ***what some group of elite *** say is acceptable and what isn't.

I'd say Arte is the hostile one here.
Quote:

I'd hardly call not settling for 15k/hr "elitist". Now if he said that only 28k/hr+ is acceptable, I might agree. 15k/hr though means you need to improve your setups or your rolls or whatever. You might notice however that he says
Vegetto said:
(20k is nowdays)

This is very reasonable.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-11 12:20:46
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Gay jokes! ba'zing.

Shouldn't matter how I say it. If you get your feeling hurt by something someone says about a videogame, you shouldn't be allowed to be on the internet.

I didn't say 15k/hr wasn't acceptable, however I will say it is acceptable for me. I would honestly /pdmc leave on a 15k/hr pt, but I'm not saying that everyone should, if they're happy with it, that's fine. I was just making it aware that there is better (because the way he said 15k/hr, as if it were to be considered a good party by today's standards, which I'd have to disagree with)

So you're a princess DD?

We can all show some general courtesy, being on the internet isn't an excuse for outright rudeness.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-11 12:21:21
Link | Citer | R

Something about corsair brings out the best in players >.>
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-11 12:22:07
Link | Citer | R

NOT SETTLING FOR 15K/HR IS NOT PRINCESS

15k/hr at merit level means something is really drastically wrong and most of us don't enjoy grinding in a sub-par party.