Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15
By RadialArcana 2024-03-15 11:49:29
Link | Citer | R

Rebirth didn't sell poorly, remake sold abnormally high because of covid lockdowns and people buying it thinking it was a full game.

If anything rebirth sold way more than it should have, considering how anti consumer the thing is. Imagine how hard a sell it is for a non FF super fan to pay 3x$80 and have to wait another 4 years to see the ending.
By Lilllith 2024-03-15 12:23:41
Link | Citer | R

I finished Rebirth in a week and I have to say it was great lot of ***to do. Combat was challenging on boss fights and story although somewhat different is still great.

I give it a 9/10 just because I'm a FF7 OG. I say it's worth the money. It took me 65 hours to beat the game and I skipped a lot of side stuff/mini games. You can easily put another 60+ hours to go back and do this to get 100% completion.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-15 13:00:22
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
You're looking at single games not games with sequel,
God of War: Ragnarok is the sequel to God of War, which I listed above.

Horizon Forbidden West is the sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn, which I listed above.

GTA5 has been milked and re-released multiple times in the last decade, however GTA6 has finally been announced.

I literally put FF13 in that list, which not only is part of the final fantasy line, but it had two sequel's put put (FF13-2, Lightning Returns)
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-03-15 13:28:56
Link | Citer | R

I'm nearing the end of the remake on PC but did anyone else feel the pumping of the breaks before they get to the next set of things/events to do was annoying as ***. Hey guys let's save Aerith from an evil corporation that is doing inhumane tests on humans but before that, Tifa needs to challenge a guy to a pull-up contest.
 Asura.Lunafreya
Serveur: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-03-15 13:32:37
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I'm nearing the end of the remake on PC but did anyone else feel the pumping of the breaks before they get to the next set of things/events to do was annoying as ***. Hey guys let's save Aerith from an evil corporation that is doing inhumane tests on humans but before that, Tifa needs to challenge a guy to a pull-up contest.

You just described every JRPG ever xD
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-03-15 13:36:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
You just described every JRPG ever xD

I didn't challenge anyone to a pull-up contest in tales of arise
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-03-15 13:43:09
Link | Citer | R

very nice game but i hate how much they force u with mini games to fill in extra time
[+]
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-03-15 14:05:41
Link | Citer | R

Rebirth likely has sold below expectations, especially in Japan. The game is nowhere near selling out of its first (and possibly only) shipment in Japan.

We've also not got any PR about the sales of the game from SE, something they always do within the first 12 days of release for a game they feel they sold enough to boast about it.

It's a great game, but being a PS5 exclusive hasn't helped, neither obviously being the middle game in a trilogy.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-03-15 14:05:48
Link | Citer | R

There was a lot of filler in remake, I thought the detour to the haunted train station while the plate was about to fall was the most egregious.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-18 07:57:23
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Sakinah79 2024-03-18 09:11:11
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stephenjd said: »
Rebirth likely has sold below expectations, especially in Japan. The game is nowhere near selling out of its first (and possibly only) shipment in Japan.

We've also not got any PR about the sales of the game from SE, something they always do within the first 12 days of release for a game they feel they sold enough to boast about it.

It's a great game, but being a PS5 exclusive hasn't helped, neither obviously being the middle game in a trilogy.

Did SE do any type of marketing? I haven't seen any commercials for Rebirth. The one ad I saw for 16 was entirely CG and boring.
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-03-18 13:29:42
Link | Citer | R

just finished it on dynamic mode, what an absolute blast was the final encounter definitely better than 16 in many ways and better than the first remake

junon had the best mini games from fort condor to the actual dance.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-18 19:00:19
Link | Citer | R

Game is forgotten already, everyone waiting on DD2.
[+]
 Bahamut.Drumskull
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2024-03-19 05:39:41
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
DD2
what is dd2 lol
oh dragon dogma,
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2024-03-19 07:55:23
Link | Citer | R

They are really stretching FFVII out as much as they stretched out the Hobbit.

FFVII: An Unexpected Remake made a lot of money because people were very nostalgic and were expecting it to be as good as the original. They even got Peter Jackson/Tetsuya Nomura!

FFVII: The Desolation of Square Enix made less because people played the first one and saw how much of a cash grab it is, stretching a properly paced story into endless side quests. And like the geniuses behind the Rings of Power, they thought they can improve upon the story/gameplay.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-19 09:51:38
Link | Citer | R

I liked Square Enix games far more when the management keep the creatives under control more.
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-03-19 11:45:07
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Suph said: »
They are really stretching FFVII out as much as they stretched out the Hobbit.

FFVII: An Unexpected Remake made a lot of money because people were very nostalgic and were expecting it to be as good as the original. They even got Peter Jackson/Tetsuya Nomura!

FFVII: The Desolation of Square Enix made less because people played the first one and saw how much of a cash grab it is, stretching a properly paced story into endless side quests. And like the geniuses behind the Rings of Power, they thought they can improve upon the story/gameplay.
some of those mini games tho man those mini games are better than 16
By Cloudius777 2024-03-19 16:32:56
Link | Citer | R

I just need to clear the Legendary Chadley fights now, took me 3 days to beat the last Brutal fight.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-19 16:39:10
Link | Citer | R

That last Legendary simulator battle is being compared to raid prog in terms of complexity and difficulty
[+]
By RiggityWrekd 2024-03-20 01:55:48
Link | Citer | R

I'm at the end of chapter 12 and I've enjoyed the game a lot so far.

Exploration is great not simply for the rewards but also thanks to the map designs. I thought Gongaga and Cosmo Canyon were amazing and I was a bit disappointed with how small and simple Nibel was.

Not sure why people complain about the towers and map objectives. But I agree with the complaints against the whole Chadley system. It feels not integrated with the rest of the game. Exploring objectives more organically tied to the story and the lore would be better.

The combat system is great, not too challenging in normal mode but also not a pushover like ff16. You actually need to understand what you are doing and not mash buttons. I'm looking forward to the brutal and legendary challenges.

Most mini-games are fine too. Some are easy and fun (i.e. choco race), some are hard but fun (i.e. QB) but some are just extremely dull and meaningless (frog jump) or annoying (crunch off). Not sure why they decided to include so many. Half of them would have been more than enough. They are definitely dragging the game down.

Overall, this game is not afraid of challenging players in every aspect of gameplay: exploration, strategic thinking, hand-eye coordination and reaction time. The fact that many people are frustrated with this shows how easy games have been lately and how gamers have grown accustomed to it.

I don't have comments on the story yet as I haven't seen the ending, but so far it seems ok. I can sense huge Nomura vibes, but hopefully it won't be too bad (copium).

On a side note, one lesson learned from this game is that it's extremely hard to match story-driven plot progression with open-world exploration. At the beginning of the game, it makes sense for the party to go around and explore as they are looking for clues about Sephiroth while running away from Shinra (which is not really chasing them). But from chapter 11 onwards the plot progresses fast and the mini-games and side quests break the pace too much.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-03-20 13:39:15
Link | Citer | R

Honestly thinking of skipping the next two parts until they release it as a full game (Let's be real - after they drop the third they will release the whole collection again for like 99.99 with it just being the whole game strung together as one so they could milk it as a release for another year straight)
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-03-20 13:46:50
Link | Citer | R

Honestly thinking of skipping the next two parts until they release it as a full game (Let's be real - after they drop the third they will release the whole collection again for like 99.99 with it just being the whole game strung together as one so they could milk it as a release for another year straight)

But remastered for your Playstation VII
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-20 13:55:17
Link | Citer | R

PS7 exclusive bundle with all 7 ff7 games

For 77,777 yen, of course.
By RadialArcana 2024-03-20 14:14:44
Link | Citer | R

Kind of sad what they did with Cid, changed his story completely. Even took away his smokes.

Cid was supposed to be flawed character, they washed over it to not offend anyone.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-03-20 14:58:35
Link | Citer | R

Yea, I'm leaning the same direction. I was planning on playing it more towards the end of the month when I had some more time, but I think I'm gonna play DD2 or more Helldivers 2 at this point.

I was a huge 7 fan for years, but at this point I'm only really playing it as a throwback. I don't know that I care enough to deal with the minigames and combat to invest what little time I have into it right now, maybe later.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-03-20 15:06:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamaman said: »
I was a huge 7 fan for years, but at this point I'm only really playing it as a throwback. I don't know that I care enough to deal with the minigames and combat to invest what little time I have into it right now, maybe later.
I remember when it came out, I would take my PS around to ppls houses to play it wherever I could. Now I'm just like, "Why?". But I am glad younger people can play it now so they can see what we wouldn't stfu about for years!
[+]
By Meeble 2024-03-20 15:22:49
Link | Citer | R

Waiting for that was my plan was prior to Rebirth, but it's still going to feel like three standalone games rather than a cohesive experience. Play Remake, play Remake DLC, toss all your character progression out the window and start from scratch for Rebirth, repeat.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-03-20 16:45:44
Link | Citer | R

Meeble said: »

Waiting for that was my plan was prior to Rebirth, but it's still going to feel like three standalone games rather than a cohesive experience. Play Remake, play Remake DLC, toss all your character progression out the window and start from scratch for Rebirth, repeat.

And that's my biggest beef - I have a feeling they going to merge all games after they finish the trilogy to make it seamlessly tethered together (Fingers crossed).
[+]
By Meeble 2024-03-20 18:18:43
Link | Citer | R

I have a feeling they going to merge all games after they finish the trilogy to make it seamlessly tethered together (Fingers crossed).

I could see paying a hundo or even a buck twenty for that. In 2030 dollars that's probably gonna be close to or even less expensive than the OG $49 pricetag from 1997 if you account for inflation.

It doesn't make me want to buy remake or rebirth any more right now, though.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-20 18:24:59
Link | Citer | R

In 2030 dollars that'll be about the price of a big Mac combo
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15