Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15
By RadialArcana 2024-03-21 06:25:37
Link | Citer | R

Twist for the 3rd game is Mickey mouse and Donald duck will come out of an kingdom hearts crossover alternate reality, and take on Sephiroth in hand to hand combat. They will be on the verge of being defeated after a 5 hour multi part final boss fight where your fingers are covered in blisters from pressing the square button so much, and they will be forced to perform a fusion dance where you have to press right and left triggers in time with a dance music track mini game.

Then if successful Mickey Duck will fire off a super soul beam at Sephiroth with the power of Wind, Earth, Fire, Water and Heart (that you unlocked earlier from the ubisoft open world towers) and this attack will only kill him if you managed to get an A rank on a chocobo wrangling mini game that you played before starting the boss. If you fail this, peter dinklage will come down from heaven on phoenix as the Game of Thrones music plays and grant you revive to try again.

Then during the credits the forshadowed real boss of the game will appear, ugly redesign moogle.

I hecking love modern Square Enix games!
By ScaevolaBahamut 2024-03-21 12:12:02
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
You just described every JRPG ever xD

I didn't challenge anyone to a pull-up contest in tales of arise

yeah in that one you just ran around looking for owls

(and it was as dope as doing pullups with the whole gang)

anyway i'm dithering around before going to nibelheim and i am ready to say this game absolutely owns and if you don't like it you deserve your misery
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-21 13:08:31
Link | Citer | R

*** this 10 tonberry fight.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-21 13:13:24
Link | Citer | R

Karmic Cowl made that one a snooze fest
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-21 19:44:22
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Karmic Cowl made that one a snooze fest
Good advice was good.
 Bahamut.Drumskull
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2024-03-22 02:21:07
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Game is forgotten already, everyone waiting on DD2.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2054970/Dragons_Dogma_2/. Ok bro
https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonsDogma/s/XJIhlHxsBr
Capcom is worse than square, they killed breath of fire for this ***game
Too much dlc 20 fps ppl started killing npc to increase frames kekw
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-22 04:54:21
Link | Citer | R

I don't care if DD2 is good or not, that wasn't the point.

The point was that the game lost relevance incredibly quickly, again.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-03-24 17:37:33
Link | Citer | R

yeah no one talking about rebirth lolol

but man helldivers2 is still being discussed

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
if you don't like it you deserve your misery

Get help. Ill wait for the trilogy to be completed and then play it fully then get left with a hardon regarding a story I already know for 2 plus years
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-24 18:58:37
Link | Citer | R

Ones a live service game that gets recurring updates and new content, the other is a single player game that will probably get some DLC update in a year.

Very apples and oranges.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-03-25 08:23:26
Link | Citer | R

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
if you don't like it you deserve your misery
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-25 22:47:17
Link | Citer | R

Me trying to follow along to that two legs song
By RadialArcana 2024-03-27 08:43:39
Link | Citer | R

I really worry about the future direction of Square Enix.

They say they want to move into making less games, and spending more money on a fewer number of games. This worked in the past, I don't think it will work today.

The logic here is probably, "original FF7 had a massive budget so if it worked then it will work now"

In the past the developers had far more artistic freedom and so spending more money just meant better games because it just meant they could create bigger worlds or better graphics, this just does not exist today.

Social media has ruined artistic expression completely, now spending a ton of money on a game just means they have to water it down to not offend anyone in the world at all. When you do that you also illicit no emotions in customers either.

Games and movies were better when they were made for the target audience who paid for them, social media, youtube, twitch have extended the "notice" these games get and that's bad.

I remember back in the day if some game had some outrageous stuff in it or a character said something stupid, nobody would know outside of the people who played the game. Dragons Dogma had a line it it were trolls loved women and would steal them and slobber all over them, only gamers really knew about it. If they did that today the world would know and all the activists on twitter would be having mental breakdowns and calling for a boycott.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-03-27 08:55:31
Link | Citer | R

You're talking about Dragon's Dogma as it if was released 30 years ago but it's a 2012 game, not like world globalization or internet or social networks didn't exist eh...

Also I can see what you mean with the homogeneization of content (and emotions) that some companies do in an attempt to "not offend anyone".
It's exactly the way some company try to do it and, as a matter of fact, most of those times these attempts end up being an utter failure.
But where is the issue there? The fact that they "tried not to offend anyone" or the fact they did it wrong? Because I'm leaning to say it's the latter.

Games with loads of emotions or complex, sensitive, wild topics still come out. It's just that they are handled the right way and/or the company behind those games has the courage, knowledge and mostly the awareness to support them.
And I'm talking about big games too (first example that comes to mind: BG3) not exclusively small, indie titles.

So if you're trying to be polite and inclusive, are you doing it the right way because you UNDERSTAND the issues at the core of it all?
Or maybe you don't understand them, you don't even agree with them, you couldn't care less but you want to pretend you do just so you can sell more copies and expect the shallow way you treated such complex topics to be accepted by the public?
Because, spoiler, most of the time it won't work.

But all of this is very generic and theoretical ***. To get more in-topic with Square Enix yes, I agree they have SERIOUS organizational issues in the way they handle their projects, their internal divisions/departments, their short and long term business plans, their business in general.
This has been an issue for what, the last 20 years? Someone could say since they merged the two separate companies.
Problem is I get the feeling that, despite some excellent title here and there (mostly small underbudget gems) the situation is getting worse.
It's like SE is trying to catch a running, modern train by running on foot.
There's some exceptions of course, wish they were more, but the overall situation is pretty dire if you ask me.

This applies to companies everywhere in the world but I feel it's more evident on japanese ones and I fear it's no coincidence, given the very peculiar way social topics get handled and perceived within the japanese society.
By RadialArcana 2024-03-27 11:18:02
Link | Citer | R

In the original ff7 it did so many outrageous things Square would never do today and certainly not with a huge budget game, they don't have the gumption to do it. Kill a beloved female character in an aggressive way, have an antagonist that actually is shown doing actual evil things, sexy character pandering to male gaze, having flawed characters like Cid (notice they sanitized cid completely in the remake), honeybee inn? You're allowed to show things like that in a remake to a point, not in a new thing that someone writes though.

I'm dreading the new "adult" dragon quest game, cause all that will probably mean is boring asf and no fun allowed.
 Asura.Iamaman
Serveur: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-03-27 11:49:02
Link | Citer | R

Dragons Dogma had a line it it were trolls loved women and would steal them and slobber all over them, only gamers really knew about it. If they did that today the world would know and all the activists on twitter would be having mental breakdowns and calling for a boycott.

I've been playing DD2 and following some of the Reddit posts on this, I'm pretty sure this is in DD2 as well. I've seen it several times, although I'm not sure if it's isolated entirely to female characters (most pawns are female)
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-03-27 12:03:38
Link | Citer | R

Oh hey, Radial is shitposting SE again. Same made up ***different day. Let's just gloss over the sex scenes in 16, the profanity in both 16 and 7R, all of the violence in 16, the fact you can put Tifa, Aerith, and Yuffie in swimsuits for the entire game, but hey, Cid doesn't smoke anymore, the world is *** ending.
By RadialArcana 2024-03-27 12:15:00
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Oh hey, Radial is shitposting SE again. Same made up ***different day. Let's just gloss over the sex scenes in 16, the profanity in both 16 and 7R, all of the violence in 16, the fact you can put Tifa, Aerith, and Yuffie in swimsuits for the entire game, but hey, Cid doesn't smoke anymore, the world is *** ending.

To be clear, I was specifically speaking of their strategy going forward

However when I was talking about cid I was talking about more than just his smokes

YouTube Video Placeholder

Cid is an extremely flawed character in ff7, he wanted to fly to space and a female engineer was doing some checks and would have been killed if he launched. So he aborted the launch to save her and his dream was destroyed. He then bullies her after, she looks after him and he treats her terribly.

He also smokes, among other things.

This is Cid, in the remake they made him a good boy!
By RadialArcana 2024-03-27 12:15:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamaman said: »
Dragons Dogma had a line it it were trolls loved women and would steal them and slobber all over them, only gamers really knew about it. If they did that today the world would know and all the activists on twitter would be having mental breakdowns and calling for a boycott.

I've been playing DD2 and following some of the Reddit posts on this, I'm pretty sure this is in DD2 as well. I've seen it several times, although I'm not sure if it's isolated entirely to female characters (most pawns are female)

they removed the line specifically, but yeah trolls still be slobberin
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2024-03-27 12:38:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
You're talking about Dragon's Dogma as it if was released 30 years ago but it's a 2012 game, not like world globalization or internet or social networks didn't exist eh...

The entire world lost its effing mind in 2017. You know why, we all know why, we just pretend they weren't actually doing that. But once you see it, you can't stop seeing it.

Everything RA said above is 1000% correct. Until the top executives realize the real money lies in saying "if you don't like it you don't have to play/watch it," we're all trapped in this pearl-clutching hellscape, just holding our breath waiting for someone with an EFF YOU attitude to save us all and make ungodly amounts of $$$, leading the charge for the copycats (Nirvana, Reservoir Dogs, Mortal Kombat, etc.).

SE will absolutely not be the company to lead the charge.
 Bahamut.Drumskull
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2024-03-27 14:34:45
Link | Citer | R

To be clear, I was specifically speaking of their strategy going forward

However when I was talking about cid I was talking about more than just his smokes

YouTube Video Placeholder

Cid is an extremely flawed character in ff7, he wanted to fly to space and a female engineer was doing some checks and would have been killed if he launched. So he aborted the launch to save her and his dream was destroyed. He then bullies her after, she looks after him and he treats her terribly.

He also smokes, among other things.

This is Cid, in the remake they made him a good boy!

Bro they will show this in the next part, in Rebirth they just let him join earlier but he is still not playable and no story background is given did u play rebirth or are u just being Dumb

He is there just to take you with his airship like checkpoint travels man..
By Viciouss 2024-03-27 16:35:42
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Drumskull said: »
Bro they will show this in the next part, in Rebirth they just let him join earlier but he is still not playable and no story background is given did u play rebirth or are u just being Dumb

He is there just to take you with his airship like checkpoint travels man..

I mean it is ridiculously obvious that the next game will feature Rocket Town, Wutai, and Vincent's background. We didn't see Lucrecia in Rebirth at all, don't see any complaints about that. Literally just whining to whine, as always.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-28 05:54:07
Link | Citer | R

Read something interesting yesterday, Japan has strict labor laws where companies are not allowed to lay people off unless they can justify it (which is very difficult). So unlike in the west, where they hire people for work and lay them off when they are no longer needed Japanese companies cannot do this.

On a surface level this sounds good, however in reality unlike in the west where this means the companies are free to hire as many people as they need Japanese companies are very averse to hiring people above and beyond normal needs.

As such, you either get less stuff being added to a game (less monster variety for example) or as large numbers of Japanese developers now do, they outsource lots of work to India. There are lots of game dev companies in India now, and they never make any games and instead are effective sweatshops making assets for cheap.

If you wondered why Japanese games seem to have lots of ugly wandering NPC in them all of a sudden, Dragons Dogma 2 is awful for this but ff7r had a lot of them too.

Hopefully AI will fix this problem going forward, based skynet saving us from ugo side npc.
By Afania 2024-03-29 12:42:46
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »
Everything RA said above is 1000% correct.

What RA said was basically jumping conclusion based on personal preference lol.

Does Mario kart 8 have " Kill a beloved female character in an aggressive way, have an antagonist that actually is shown doing actual evil things, sexy character pandering to male gaze, having flawed characters like Cid, honeybee inn?"

Well, it sold 60 millions.

None of what was listed by RA is the main pillar that make a game fun. I can easily list 100 games in the indie community that goes way harder in terms of selling sex and violence but they aren't going to sell even 1/10 of any mainline FF game.

(Or vice versa, I can easily name many games that sell well without violence nor sex)

What RA did here was seeing FF IP sales decline, then handpicked what they didn't like then frame it as by all end all the only reason behind sales decline. How is such "analyze" convincing in anyway?

Social media has ruined artistic expression completely, now spending a ton of money on a game just means they have to water it down to not offend anyone in the world at all. When you do that you also illicit no emotions in customers either

When you say artists and writers who try to not offend anyone=no emotions, YOU are already limiting the artistic expression.

You heavily critized FF16's theme and direction, this is limiting artistic expression of Yoshi P and their team.

God forbid artists and writers writing stories without violence and sex, it is their freedom. And you are limiting their freedom of expression by telling them that they should do more sex and violence, even if they don't want to.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-29 14:06:05
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
You heavily critized FF16's theme and direction, this is limiting artistic expression of Yoshi P and their team.

It wasn't just me that didn't like it, it split the community.

Also Square knows it, cause they disbanded the dev team that made it.

https://gamerant.com/final-fantasy-16s-development-team-disbanded/
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-03-29 14:12:34
Link | Citer | R

The dev team that was put together for the development of FF16 has disbanded after the development of FF16 has finished? I'm shocked!

A lot of them were part of CBU3 and are still part of that development division, likely working on 14 or other stuff yet to be announced.

Also "split the community" like every FF game prior or in the future.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-29 14:46:20
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
FF 16 received positive reviews and broke sales records
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2024-03-31 17:04:46
Link | Citer | R

That... was one of the hardest platinum's I've ever done. Good grief.

It's a great game, but I hope the next installment doesn't take me 200+ hours to do a 100% run.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-03-31 17:14:30
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

It's a great game, but I hope the next installment doesn't take me 200+ hours to do a 100% run.

Yeah there were a couple of minigames where I was thinking about how I didn't want to come back to them for a platinum. Kudos to you for achieving it though. Wouldn't expect the next installment to be any easier.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-31 17:26:50
Link | Citer | R

Yeah you've got more patience than I do, I said *** it after the chicken minigame
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2024-03-31 17:29:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Yeah there were a couple of minigames where I was thinking about how I didn't want to come back to them for a platinum. Kudos to you for achieving it though. Wouldn't expect the next installment to be any easier.

Thanks! And yeah, sometimes it's rough to be a Final Fantasy fan and a completionist. Chadley's Brutal challenges were difficult as expected, but trying to get a perfect on Glide de Chocobo #3 (I didn't know it was possible to cheese it) and star ranks on all the piano songs took a chunk out of my soul.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15