First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 13 14 15
 Asura.Iamaman
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-03-07 11:04:01
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
It's important to keep in mind that most gamers don't punish companies for games they don't like (because they preorder or buy blind), they punish them for the game that comes after they one they didn't like.

I doubt many people are putting Rebirth in context of FF16, rather their desire or lack of desire to continue the story/content started in Remake. If 16 was received poorly, I'd think that would play out more on 17 than it would Rebirth.

Personally I can't decide if/when I'm going to get around to playing it. I was excited about it in theory, but when it came time to actually buy and dedicate time to play the game I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I was out of town when it released for a class and I came back almost forgetting it came out. I wasn't really a fan of the combat in Remake or a lot of the gameplay really, I was only really interested in seeing the world and characters again. Now that it is time to do it again, I am struggling with the idea of taking the time to play it again knowing it's going to be, in part, more boring quests and content I don't really want to do. I don't really have any objective complaints about the direction they took it, it just doesn't motivate me to allocate time to play it when there are other games to play or things to do that I find more engaging and enjoyable as a whole.

I also get story driven anxiety with heavy story driven games, more so in recent years than before. I feel the need to rush it as quickly as I can so I can get to the end and know the story without spoiling it for myself. I usually then go back and play it again to do everything and take my time, but I find this has gotten more problematic for me in recent years, so I really have to ask myself if it is worth it and I don't see much in Rebirth that makes me motivated enough.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-07 11:05:33
Link | Citer | R

If Square think what they are doing is a success than I agree they should keep making them this way.
By Godfry 2024-03-07 11:09:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stephenjd said: »
The games are great though? And if you are comparing FF with a Rockstar game that has 5-10 years of mega expensive development I really don't know what to say. Remake and Rebirth were made in UE4 and are both likely to be profitable games for the company, same with 16. It's the exclusivity that is killing the numbers, especially not being on PC.

Sure... That's what's killing... Have you heard of Nintendo? People (such as myself) bought the console because of the last titles such as Zelda. That won't happen if you get an amazing franchise like Final Fantasy and make an OK game out of it. When FF7 came out I worked all year long (young in a 3rd world country) to buy a PS1 to play the game.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-07 11:09:51
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Personally I can't decide if/when I'm going to get around to playing it. I was excited about it in theory, but when it came time to actually buy and dedicate time to play the game I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I was out of town when it released for a class and I came back almost forgetting it came out. I wasn't really a fan of the combat in Remake or a lot of the gameplay really, I was only really interested in seeing the world and characters again. Now that it is time to do it again, I am struggling with the idea of taking the time to play it again knowing it's going to be, in part, more boring quests and content I don't really want to do. I don't really have any objective complaints about the direction they took it, it just doesn't motivate me to allocate time to play it when there are other games to play or things to do that I find more engaging and enjoyable as a whole.

This is one of the issues I have with the combat, it's draining over such a long game. You just get tired of it, and it makes the prospect of getting into the next game in the installment more intimidating.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-03-07 11:10:43
Link | Citer | R

https://wccftech.com/final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-ps5-exclusivity/

"Final Fantasy VII Rebirth’s Seamless and Diverse World Wouldn’t Have Been Possible Without PS5 Exclusivity"

Bro.
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-03-07 11:13:16
Link | Citer | R

Godfry said: »
The games are great though? And if you are comparing FF with a Rockstar game that has 5-10 years of mega expensive development I really don't know what to say. Remake and Rebirth were made in UE4 and are both likely to be profitable games for the company, same with 16. It's the exclusivity that is killing the numbers, especially not being on PC.

Sure... That's what's killing... Have you heard of Nintendo? People (such as myself) bought the console because of the last titles such as Zelda. That won't happen if you get an amazing franchise like Final Fantasy and make an OK game out of it. When FF7 came out I worked all year long (young in a 3rd world country) to buy a PS1 to play the game.

An ok game? You know Rebirth is one of the best rated FF games ever right?

Zelda is a weird example as it also went against what Zelda games did previously in terms of game design.
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-03-07 11:15:30
Link | Citer | R

FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE WILL SELL MORE THAN 16 100% GURANTEE IT 16 IS POOOOOOOOOOOOPY POOOOOOOPY CAST FIRE TO ICE MOB NOTHING HAPPENS NO MAGIC ELEMENTS JUST THERE FOR ANIMATION WTF SQUARE WTF YOSHI PE PE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 14 IS NICE AND ALL BUT COME ON!!!!!!!!!!! MY KEYBOARD BROKE I NEED TO FIT MATERIA IN IT
By RadialArcana 2024-03-07 11:15:38
Link | Citer | R

Don't use critic scores to make a point, Starfield got perfect scores from critics around launch.

Now everyone thinks it's rubbish.
 Bahamut.Drumskull
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2024-03-07 11:16:09
Link | Citer | R

Don't use critic scores to make a point, Starfield got perfect scores from critics around launch.

STARFIELD IS TRASH WE NEED GAMES LIKE LOST ODYESSY AGAIN THANK YOU GOOD BYE REST IN PEACE AND BLESSING
[+]
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-03-07 11:17:54
Link | Citer | R

No it didn't...

Starfield scored similar to the likes of FF13 and FF15.

16 and especially Rebirth scored a lot higher.
By Godfry 2024-03-07 11:21:21
Link | Citer | R

lol.. Ok IGN.. I know where you are coming from now. Could you please recommend me a movie based on your Rotten Tomatoes experience?
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-03-07 11:23:18
Link | Citer | R

lol.. Ok IGN.. I know where you are coming from now. Could you please recommend me a movie based on your Rotten Tomatoes experience?

What chapter of the game are you on to call it OK then, genius?
By RadialArcana 2024-03-07 11:24:33
Link | Citer | R

Well as I said, if they think this is going according to plan they should stay this course and make ff17 like this too.

I'm past the point where I really care from a fan standpoint, since i'm close to off the SquareEnix train anyway.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-03-07 11:38:05
Link | Citer | R

This is one of the issues I have with the combat, it's draining over such a long game. You just get tired of it, and it makes the prospect of getting into the next game in the installment more intimidating.

That's a good way to describe how I feel about the combat.

It's strange because I don't dislike action oriented games that much, something about the mechanics just makes it feel so draining by the end, where I just want each fight to be over with.

I only skipped Starfield because it came out while I was still invested in BG3. Looking at it now, there is not a single thing that appeals to me about it, it just seems so dead and empty. Maybe part of it is emphasizing 11 so much over the years that single players games are losing their appeal, too. Either that or it's just video game fatigue, the only thing coming out that looks remotely interesting to me is Dragons Dogma.

You know that episode of South Park where Stan sees everything as poo? I'm starting to relate with most media including modern games, it feels like a lot of the same rehashed stories, content, gameplay and if I'm gonna spend the time to invest in a game, I'll do it in something 20 years old that at least has some character to it. Everything else just looks like the same polished turd. I guess I'm just getting old.

Bahamut.Drumskull said: »
STARFIELD IS TRASH WE NEED GAMES LIKE LOST ODYESSY AGAIN THANK YOU GOOD BYE REST IN PEACE AND BLESSING

Yes. Please.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-03-07 13:15:34
Link | Citer | R

Slurp slurp - What Chapter you are on, Slurp slurp.

What if the dude has a family or doesnt own a shitstation5 or waiting to pirate it like me?
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-03-07 15:29:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Slurp slurp - What Chapter you are on, Slurp slurp.

What if the dude has a family or doesnt own a shitstation5 or waiting to pirate it like me?

How can you form a detailed opinion on a game without playing it?
By Meeble 2024-03-07 18:16:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamaman said: »
the only thing coming out that looks remotely interesting to me is Dragons Dogma.

DD2 looks great, but with Capcom's enthusiasm for all things live service recently I'm definitely waiting for release reviews before buying. This is a $60~80 game; Having premium currency as part of the deluxe preorder bonus is not a good look.
By RadialArcana 2024-03-07 18:34:07
Link | Citer | R

I keep hearing they are doing something awful in Dragons Dogma 2, I hope it's optional. Something about pawns based on streamers or something, which is outrageously gross if true and everyone has to see that.

There is a new Dragons Dogma2 demo btw, which is a character creation. Just released not long ago.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-07 19:17:03
Link | Citer | R

I keep hearing they are doing something awful in Dragons Dogma 2

Oh man what's Capcom up to this time, probably something worse than the second coming of Hitler

Something about pawns based on streamers or something

Nevermind just another RAbrained take

Who's going to tell him how Pawns work and why this is a completely meaningless thing to start preempetively screeching about
By RadialArcana 2024-03-07 19:37:47
Link | Citer | R

Character creator is pretty cool in DD2, even has a boob slider!
By Thunderjet 2024-03-07 22:30:42
Link | Citer | R

Loading loading loading i played it for 1 hour. Its ***so ***that mass effect 1 is better, i do agree turn based needs a come back, but remake combat is fine it fits in the middle of it being turn based and action thanks to the atb system
 Bahamut.Drumskull
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2024-03-07 22:38:29
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I keep hearing they are doing something awful in Dragons Dogma 2

Oh man what's Capcom up to this time, probably something worse than the second coming of Hitler

Something about pawns based on streamers or something

Nevermind just another RAbrained take

Who's going to tell him how Pawns work and why this is a completely meaningless thing to start preempetively screeching about
I ddiint get too far in dragon dogma but i remember liking it than hating it ?
By Afania 2024-03-14 14:45:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'd be surprised to se FF7 Rebirth Sell less than FF16 but then again I can see that happening eh

Is it really a surprise that FF7 rebirth sold worse than ff16? I kinda expected it way before release tbh.

Rebirth is a direct sequel of Remake(which is also kinda a sequel of OG FF7), so the target audience was FF7 remake players who finished the game, but wanted to continue on the story.

FF7 remake sold 3.5m on the first week, 7m after 3 years. That means only 50% of the remake players are hardcore fans who will buy it on the first week.

As of now, slightly less than 50% of FF7 remake players on PS has game completion trophy. So that is another 50% of player that probably won't get rebirth if they can't even finish remake.

50% of 3.5m is 1.75m. so 1.75m is the rough target audience number of FF7 rebirth who will buy it on the first week.

Except....out of 1.75m players many people probably don't even have PS5, so target audience number is even smaller...

So it is no surprise that only small amount of players are the real target audience despite these people are very vocal.

If FF7 rebirth at least sold more than 2m in the first week, they already keep a lot of player from remake tbh. Selling as many copies as remake on the 1st week is probably going to be hard due to the nature of being a sequel AND PS5 exclusive.

FF16 doesn't have the burden of being a sequel in terms of story. It is much easier to pick up and play by anybody new to FF.

You make a good product, people buy it. That's it.

Target audience* will buy a good product. But nothing can be done if the market is small.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-03-14 15:44:38
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
https://wccftech.com/final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-ps5-exclusivity/

"Final Fantasy VII Rebirth’s Seamless and Diverse World Wouldn’t Have Been Possible Without PS5 Exclusivity"

Bro.
Lmao
Shouting those sensational sentences like this is 1997.
I dunno, do people still believe that stuff?
[+]
By Afania 2024-03-14 16:08:21
Link | Citer | R

If Square had made ff7 remake as a two part game, that was faithful to the original story (expanded some was fine) with enhanced turn based combat do you think it would have sold better and been a batter game.

I think if they make it into a 1 part game like OG (seriously, *** padding a 30hr story into three 50-100 hr games), lower the performance requirement and release on more platforms for bigger target audience (switch including), it would sell better.

For a lot of people living outside of NA/EU making less money, PS5 is a luxury item that does not justify the price. Switch and PC are more popular than PS5 in many countries. So that is a lot of potential consumers that can not play the FF on PS5.

Fire the CEO, get one that is a Japanophile and not a westaboo.

PS5 market is smaller than switch/mobile in Japan. Afaik most PS5 buyers are NA/EU people. Making a "Japanophile" game on PS5 only sounds like a bad idea to begin with lol.

Maybe they should consider dropping this PS5 exclusive strategy already.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-15 09:06:54
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
As of now, slightly less than 50% of FF7 remake players on PS has game completion trophy. So that is another 50% of player that probably won't get rebirth if they can't even finish remake.
1-What the *** kind of baseline is this lmao
2-according to psnprofiles, its at 55%

only 55% of trophies related to defeating Maliketh and Hoarah Loux have been obtained, which are required to beating Elden Ring (legitimately). By your metric, Elden Ring was also a shitty game and FromSoftware should pack up the SoulsBourne genre.

Lets have more fun with this shitty methodology:
62% of people beat Nier: Automata with 2B (One Battle Ends)
50% of people beat Nier: Automata with 9S (A New Battle Begins)
I guess this is all the proof needed to show Nier: Automata ia s shitty game.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-03-15 09:29:59
Link | Citer | R

I think the intended point was that since FF7 rebirth is a direct sequel, most people who didn't finish remake probably won't buy rebirth(because why would you play the sequel before finishing the story from the original..?).

I don't think that's how it goes in practice, plenty of westerners with loose purses who'll buy any game on their radar and barely touch it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-03-15 11:18:24
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
plenty of westerners with loose purses who'll buy any game on their radar and barely touch it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-15 11:45:01
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
I think the intended point was that since FF7 rebirth is a direct sequel, most people who didn't finish remake probably won't buy rebirth(because why would you play the sequel before finishing the story from the original..?).

I don't think that's how it goes in practice, plenty of westerners with loose purses who'll buy any game on their radar and barely touch it.
70% completion rate on God of War
51% completion rate on HZD
46% completion rate on GTA V (I think "Solid Gold, Baby" is the relevant trophy)

37% completion rate on FF13, woof. I guess turn based games just aint where its at...or it was just a shitty metric to work with from the get go.

Although, I do find it funny to see games that have a "starting your journey" type trophy and its at like 95%. 5% of people bought the game, installed it and noped out.

>>Looks at my 0 Bloodborne Trophies and 0 Tales of Xilla 2 trophies
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-03-15 11:48:04
Link | Citer | R

You're looking at single games not games with sequel, so I feel like you're still missing the point. Very few people will buy rebirth without playing remake, because they are seperate installations of the same story, and you start from the beginning. If most of the people buying remake don't like it enough to finish it, those people probably won't buy rebirth, and that's not necessarily a statement on rebirth itself.

The argument isn't that completion rate determines the game's success, it's that it directly impacts the willingness of people to buy and play a sequel.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 13 14 15