Let's Start A Riot?!?!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 117 118 119
By Prong 2020-06-03 23:27:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Prong said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
That's sufficient to fire them but not enough to convince a jury to convict beyond a reasonable doubt. And don't think for a minute there is gonna be some sort of special exception to the US Constitution made, Voir dire will ensure there is at least one if not more seated jurors who won't convict.
If this case was like any other, you would be correct.

Since this is a special case due to the overwhelmingly media coverage and the protests associated with it, the jury will be emotional in these trials, and normal convictions will be thrown out the door.

I expect a *edit* quasi-kangaroo court on all 4 cases.

I HOPE you are right but...after the cop who shot that kid in the hallway of his apt WHILE begging them to not shoot him got off, I still reserve my doubts.

You absolutely do not want a kangaroo court by mob rule. There is a reason the founding fathers wrote the Constitution the way they did. It was designed precisely to protect abuse in situations like this. Due process, fair trial by an impartial jury of their peers, no unreasonable punishments.

That means any defense lawyer worth their cost will get at least jury member if not more who aren't antifa supporters. The defense will then show the officer as just following procedures (the other three). The most the Prosecution can say is "officer X saw Chauvin kneeling on Mr Floyd's neck and did nothing". To which the defense lawyer responds "that is not the crime being charged." Remember this is the USA not Russia or Somalia, the state is required to prove all components of a crime beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury of six to twelve. ALL members of that jury must vote to convict on the charges presented. If only one member votes acquittal you have a mistrial or even a flat acquittal when the rest get tired of the holdout.

Again there is a reason over 99% of cases involve a plea deal. Getting the defendant to plea guilty to a smaller crime with reduced sentence is infinitely easier then gambling on a trial thats heavily in favor of the defense.

I meant, I hope the other 3 get convicted of SOMETHING, they truly deserve it, not murder 2 but, that moron Ellison trying to be Mr. ToughGuy went with what social media was screaming at him, instead of choosing charges that would logically stick.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2020-06-03 23:39:27
Link | Citer | R

That's sufficient to fire them but not enough to convince a jury to convict beyond a reasonable doubt. And don't think for a minute there is gonna be some sort of special exception to the US Constitution made, Voir dire will ensure there is at least one if not more seated jurors who won't convict.

Since this is a special case due to the overwhelmingly media coverage and the protests associated with it, the jury will be emotional in these trials, and normal convictions will be thrown out the door.

I HOPE you are right but...after the cop who shot that kid in the hallway of his apt WHILE begging them to not shoot him got off, I still reserve my doubts.

You absolutely do not want a kangaroo court by mob rule. There is a reason the founding fathers wrote the Constitution the way they did. It was designed precisely to protect abuse in situations like this. Due process, fair trial by an impartial jury of their peers, no unreasonable punishments.

That means any defense lawyer worth their cost will get at least jury member if not more who aren't antifa supporters. The defense will then show the officer as just following procedures (the other three). The most the Prosecution can say is "officer X saw Chauvin kneeling on Mr Floyd's neck and did nothing". To which the defense lawyer responds "that is not the crime being charged." Remember this is the USA not Russia or Somalia, the state is required to prove all components of a crime beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury of six to twelve. ALL members of that jury must vote to convict on the charges presented. If only one member votes acquittal you have a mistrial or even a flat acquittal when the rest get tired of the holdout.

Again there is a reason over 99% of cases involve a plea deal. Getting the defendant to plea guilty to a smaller crime with reduced sentence is infinitely easier then gambling on a trial thats heavily in favor of the defense.

I meant, I hope the other 3 get convicted of SOMETHING, they truly deserve it, not murder 2 but, that moron Ellison trying to be Mr. ToughGuy went with what social media was screaming at him, instead of choosing charges that would logically stick.

I've been looking but so far nothing jumped out as realistic. All a available informantion points to them following standard procedure with handling apprehensions. The worst is that they failed to intervene when Chauvin kneeled on Mr. Floyd's neck. Thats not a crime by itself, they would need to prove conspiracy. Accessory crimes are used when people assist others in committing a crime. That falls flat when the defense argues "they were doing their job and following procedures". The nail in the prosecutions arguement would be that Officer Chauvin kneeling was the cause of Mr Floyd's death, not him being apprehended, put on the ground, or put against the wall.

So far all I've seen is people arguing guilt by association. "Officer Chauvin killed Mr. Floyd and those other pigs were there with him so they are just as criminally responsible."

Personally I think they were boneheaded morons for letting the dumbshit Chauvin kneel on Mr. Floyd's neck. Their punishment was removal from the force. The question is did they commit a crime, not if hurting them makes others feel better.
By 6souls 2020-06-04 00:14:43
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »

I like this photo better;

[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-04 00:44:15
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By volkom 2020-06-04 00:52:33
Link | Citer | R

Shes wrong. The looting and rioting is justified. The businesses have insurance. Innocents need to be sacrificed to send a message.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
Serveur: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-04 00:53:18
Link | Citer | R

Yeah she was dope then there’s these guys:

https://mynews4.com/news/local/3-held-in-las-vegas-on-terror-charges-in-right-wing-conspiracy-to-spark-violence
By Draylo 2020-06-04 00:59:53
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

You're gonna begin to see backlash soon against these people and they are going to target the protesters and blame them.
By volkom 2020-06-04 01:05:24
Link | Citer | R

It's funny to me (not funny haha but funny weird and sad) that all the major riots I recall for quite a while has been about a police killing. Yet where are the riots for the obscene amounts of death in places like Chicago? iirc was like 2k+ deaths and 9 were from cops in like 2016. Waiting to see a protest about gang crime.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-06-04 01:42:44
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
It's funny to me (not funny haha but funny weird and sad) that all the major riots I recall for quite a while has been about a police killing. Yet where are the riots for the obscene amounts of death in places like Chicago? iirc was like 2k+ deaths and 9 were from cops in like 2016. Waiting to see a protest about gang crime.

Indeed. I'm pretty sick of seeing violence swept under the rug just because it doesn't make for good headlines. All the lives lost there were just as important as George Floyd's.

*Self-edited post to keep it less political.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-04 02:13:44
Link | Citer | R

Ladyofhonor is literally arguing with me over that on BG. He says we need more bodies to hit the floor and hes willing to support as many deaths as it takes to force and bully the government in making incredibly sweeping changes (coming from a white guy safe in his home away from the rioting.) He is completely delusional and backed up by far left crazies. It doesn't matter if youre sick of violence, he says its necessary and you should be more sick of cops even though they aren't the immediate threat at this current moment.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-06-04 02:24:40
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Ladyofhonor is literally arguing with me over that on BG. He says we need more bodies to hit the floor and hes willing to support as many deaths as it takes to force and bully the government in making incredibly sweeping changes (coming from a white guy safe in his home away from the rioting.) He is completely delusional and backed up by far left crazies. It doesn't matter if youre sick of violence, he says its necessary and you should be more sick of cops even though they aren't the immediate threat at this current moment.

The views of one psychopath don't bother me. It's when those views become mainstream that we have a problem. Unfortunately we're heading in that direction, but fortunately most radicals don't have the cajones to follow through with their threats. Life's too comfy for keyboard warrior scumbags.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-06-04 02:26:30
Link | Citer | R

Preface for what comes next so nobody gets their panties in a knot: im not excusing what these cops did - killing a man is never justified. a man dying in cop custody cannot be justifed.

Now onto the panty knotting: I'm concerned that we may be being taken for a ride so to speak. im pointing out that we dont have any of the information here to make any assertion of racisim and to some extent a determination of guilt. you had two white cops, and asian cop and (what i perceive as) a very light skinned black cop involved - i struggle to believe this officer, and the other officers involved were racially motivated in his handling of george floyd, or that this was in any way a premeditated murder as some have implied - pinning a first degree murder charge will be impossible in this case to be completely honest. Even a second degree murder charge is looking EXTREMELY suspect at this point. they would have to prove the cop specifically acted with the intent to end his life. The next part of what im about to write, is why even a Voluntary/Involuntary manslaughter charge would be highly unlikely to stick.

lets play the white vs black game for a moment:

i keep seeing people say this wouldnt happen to a white guy. that is DEMONSTRABLY FALSE. It HAS happened to a white guy, and in a way that was far worse. The dude was pinned and died from it, while they mocked him and made fun of his corpse because they thought he was sleeping. Like seriously - go look up tony timpa. this ***happened. People dont realize, that even as bad as this looked with tony timpa - none of the cops went to jail. not because of corruption but due to the fact that he died because he was on drugs which led to cardiac arrest - aka excited delirium. i bring this case up, because of some very real similarities (read the full thing to see where im going)

These are things nobody mentions - and these are questions that will go into the court case, and very likely be the factors on which these cops are exonerated or condemned:

Murder is a crime of intent- here's why the first and/or second charges likely wont stick - its a legal concept/term called mens rea (criminal intent):

1. on First degree murder: Was there any evidence that this was premeditated? was this killing planned in advance? If not, this charge is inapplicable. i think we can all probably agree that there was no pre-meditation to this killing. pointing out that they knew each other is not proof of any kind of premeditated intent.
2. On Second Degree Murder: Was there any evidence that the person made the active choice to kill the victim E.G, the thought of "im going to kill/hurt them" must have crossed their mind so to speak. This is incredibly hard to prove and is generally used for instances where someone kills spontaneously due to circumstances.

This means that failing to prove the first two, they have to try and prove manslaughter of either form

Voluntary manslaughter is identical to second degree murder, but generally is driven by other circumstances - where your intent is to do harm, but not kill the person, and the person incidentally dies as a result of that harm; E.G. Shoving someone because you are trying to push them down a flight of stairs would be 2nd degree murder if they died. shoving some one and they happened to fall down a flight of stairs and die, could be tried as manslaughter (however it can also still be charged as 2nd degree murder depending on the threat to society the person poses).

Involuntary manslaughter is their best chance at sticking ANY kind of charges. as much as that might piss some people off, its their best bet. All they have to prove is that the person died, because someone was willfully negligent and lacked any violent intent (again violent intent would fall under voluntary). the issue with involuntary manslaughter in this case however is that it will be INSANELY HARD for them to prove this.

These are the following reason as to why it will be hard to prove even involuntary manslaughter:

1. The toxicology reports show that george floyd was actively high on meth and/or Fentanyl during the altercation.
2. The man is a KNOWN FELON who held a pregnant woman at gunpoint whil he and his friends robbed her home. if the officers had a positive ID on him at the time of his arrest, they would have known this, which may be evidenced to why he was handed with force.
3. The man was actively commiting a crime while high out of his mind on meth - We are only shown a short clip of his arrest, and him being pinned. we do not know everything that happened from point A to point B.
5. The cops tried putting him into the cop car, but removed him from it. Why? If it was done out of concern for his well being (again because hes on drugs), and they can prove this, this eliminates the element of negligence (before you get triggered read the next number).
6. Now this is the very important part: The officer in question, mentioned that he was worried about excitable delirium - you can hear him specifically say this in the video. For anyone unaware, excitable delirium is when someone is tripping on drugs i.e. meth or fentanyl, and they come down so hard their heart literally stops and they die. That is an extreme case, but it generally can result in anything from seizures, superhuman strength, and up to cardiac arrest.

This was his cause of death report (bolding the parts a lawyer is going to focus on):

Quote:
“cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint and neck compression.” The report also noted he had arteriosclerotic and hypertensive heart disease, fentanyl intoxication, and recent use of methamphetamine and cannabis.

The key question being: did the knee in the neck kill him, and more importantly, was the intent to kill or harm him? Keep in mind- this man was literally tripping balls during this altercation for the degree of fentanyl in his system at the time of the autopsy. The important thing here in proving a criminal element is the cops frame of mind. the cop clearly knows the man was high, because specifically stated it was a concern when they pinned him down. The final element that needs to be proven is that the officer acted with negligence - and this is where i stress it will be INSANELY hard to stick this one: Does his precinct or state guidelines EXPLICITLY state that the method in which he was restraining george floyd, was incorrect, and was he EXPLICITLY aware of this fact?

For the uninitiated on Fentanyl side effects, and signs of overdose:

1. Weakness
2. Lowered blood pressure
3. slow or shallow breathing
4. slow heartbeat
5. sudden fainting/sleeping
6. trouble walking or talking
7. feeling faint, dizzy, or confused
8. unresponsiveness
9. Death

For anyone who hasnt connected the dots: with fentanyl, an overdose quite literally results in your heart rate getting so low, and so weak, your blood pressure dropping so much, that you pass out, stop breathing, your heart stops, and then you die.

Now tell me a lawyer isnt going to point that out to a jury? i hate to see the country burn as it is, but i will hate it even more if it comes out that this man died because he was doing fentanyl.
By Draylo 2020-06-04 02:44:11
Link | Citer | R

That is a well thought out response, I honestly had no idea he was a prior criminal and was intoxicated during all this. The media made it out like he was an average citizen that found the wrong cops. Where did you find this information as I'm curious to look at it.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Prong 2020-06-04 03:36:19
Link | Citer | R

I've been looking but so far nothing jumped out as realistic. All a available informantion points to them following standard procedure with handling apprehensions. The worst is that they failed to intervene when Chauvin kneeled on Mr. Floyd's neck. Thats not a crime by itself, they would need to prove conspiracy. Accessory crimes are used when people assist others in committing a crime. That falls flat when the defense argues "they were doing their job and following procedures". The nail in the prosecutions arguement would be that Officer Chauvin kneeling was the cause of Mr Floyd's death, not him being apprehended, put on the ground, or put against the wall.

So far all I've seen is people arguing guilt by association. "Officer Chauvin killed Mr. Floyd and those other pigs were there with him so they are just as criminally responsible."

Personally I think they were boneheaded morons for letting the dumbshit Chauvin kneel on Mr. Floyd's neck. Their punishment was removal from the force. The question is did they commit a crime, not if hurting them makes others feel better.

Well they do have Good Samaritan laws in some states which does in fact make a negative event (such as simply not helping when able) a crime...I don't know about Minnesota but you'd think at bare minimum it would be an expectation of police officers.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-04 04:06:35
Link | Citer | R

So out of hilarity, what happens in a week when Corona numbers don't explode after all this lack of social distancing? Does that mean the entire lockdown was a total joke and waste of time?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-04 05:11:42
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »

Oh look, who could have thought you were coming here to make ***up as usual.

I said we need change, and bodies are going to come along with that. I didn't say we need bodies to hit the floor, just that they will.

Police are out of control, that's a verifiable fact. That needs to change. When people called for police to stop beating and killing people, the police responded by beating and killing people. If the cops at any point realized they *** up, we could avoid this entirely. But that's literally the opposite of what's going on in way too many cases. Meanwhile, Draylo's completely drinking the koolaid and excusing all of the transgressions made by the police to focus on...something that came BECAUSE of the police. That's the madness here.

And here's a collection of "har har, cops totally aren't the threat at the moment":

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1266917228752056320

https://twitter.com/jusalotofpain/status/1267638427723296768

https://twitter.com/mkultranews/status/1267305587206807553

https://twitter.com/_popaboywillie/status/1267257954048278529

https://twitter.com/LasVegasLocally/status/1267210841595604992

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1267087395561889793

https://twitter.com/MichaelAdams317/status/1266945268567678976

https://twitter.com/KCJ_Swish/status/1266913464234237954

EXTRA BONUS: https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-52878404/journalist-permanently-blinded-in-one-eye-in-us-riots

A journalist has lost her eye because of the cops. But no no, the cops aren't the problem!

BONUS 2: Louisville police, with their body cameras off, killed a local black business owner that used to give cops free food: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-killing-bbq-man-dave-mcatee-renews-familiar-anguish-louisville-n1222501

Nope, nothing to see here, there's no reason for those protests or riots, just clean up the rioters and let the state sanctioned murderers keep on murdering!
By RadialArcana 2020-06-04 05:29:27
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Police are out of control, that's a verifiable fact.

Nah.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-04 06:16:09
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Nah.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/vallejo-police-shoot-kill-22-year-old-san-francisco-man-after-mistaking-hammer-for-gun

Quote:
The victim, identified as Sean Monterrosa, had a hammer in his waist that police say they mistaked for a gun.

Vallejo police chief Shawny Williams said a looting suspect, later identified as Monterrosa, was seen with the hammer in his pants. Monterrosa had his hands above his waist, according to Williams.

An officer inside of a police vehicle shot his service weapon five times at Monterrosa through the windshield. Monterrosa was struck once.

Williams made a point to lay out Monterrosa's criminal history, including prior shoplifting arrests, but did not condemn the actions of the officer who mistook the hammer for a gun.

"I would say it's always a tragedy when an officer has to use force," said Williams. "The officers reacted to a perceived threat," he continued.

He had a hammer, on his waist, with his hands in the air, let's shoot him!

Bonus: Cops just stealing bikes from people https://twitter.com/nycDSA/status/1268369328149352449
By Prong 2020-06-04 06:30:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Quote:

Nah.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/vallejo-police-shoot-kill-22-year-old-san-francisco-man-after-mistaking-hammer-for-gun

Quote:
The victim, identified as Sean Monterrosa, had a hammer in his waist that police say they mistaked for a gun.

Vallejo police chief Shawny Williams said a looting suspect, later identified as Monterrosa, was seen with the hammer in his pants. Monterrosa had his hands above his waist, according to Williams.

An officer inside of a police vehicle shot his service weapon five times at Monterrosa through the windshield. Monterrosa was struck once.

Williams made a point to lay out Monterrosa's criminal history, including prior shoplifting arrests, but did not condemn the actions of the officer who mistook the hammer for a gun.

"I would say it's always a tragedy when an officer has to use force," said Williams. "The officers reacted to a perceived threat," he continued.

Bonus: Cops just stealing bikes from people https://twitter.com/nycDSA/status/1268369328149352449

You do realize for every video you post to validate your hatred of police, there is an equally horrific video out there people can post of the rioters pummeling innocent people and business owners, right? I just don't see your point anymore. Some cops are being bad people, some in response to protesters being bad people, some not. We get it.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-04 06:38:39
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Nah.

Quote:

You do realize for every video you post to validate your hatred of police, there is an equally horrific video out there people can post of the rioters pummeling innocent people and business owners, right? I just don't see your point anymore. Some cops are being bad people, some in response to protesters being bad people, some not. We get it.

If the police didn't do their ***, the rioters wouldn't be out...
By Prong 2020-06-04 06:39:46
Link | Citer | R

"Police suck!'

"No, they don't!"

"Yes, they do!"

"No, they don't!"

"Yes, they DO!"

"NO!"

"YES!"

Repeat............?

Are you actually trying to change people's minds on the internet???
By Draylo 2020-06-04 06:41:00
Link | Citer | R

He just wont give up. Guy is a nut case. If only he used that energy for good instead of promoting violence.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-04 06:43:50
Link | Citer | R

"Police suck and here's proof!"

"No, they don't!"

"Yes, they do, here's more proof!"

"No, they don't!"

Good talk, guys.
By Prong 2020-06-04 06:46:11
Link | Citer | R

"So do protesters and here is proof!"

"Some of the protesters deserve it and here is more proof!"

Good talk, guys.

I mean, I realize 95% of people posting in this thread are just trying to "out clever" the people they disagree with, but some have actually moved on from that and are actually just, discussing the developing case and such. You just keep swimming in your hate and trying to pull everyone else down with your undertow. I don't get it.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-04 06:51:08
Link | Citer | R

Good talk, guys.

I mean, I realize 95% of people posting in this thread are just trying to "out clever" the people they disagree with, but some have actually moved on from that and are actually just, discussing the developing case and such. You just keep swimming in your hate and trying to pull everyone else down with your undertow. I don't get it.

The "discussion of the developing case" is currently amounting to "Well he had a trace of drugs in his system and a criminal record, so makes sense the cops would suffocate him for 9min totally not resulting in his death". Real good ***, that.
By Prong 2020-06-04 06:51:50
Link | Citer | R

Good talk, guys.

The "discussion of the developing case" is currently amounting to "Well he had a trace of drugs in his system and a criminal record, so makes sense the cops would suffocate him for 9min totally not resulting in his death". Real good ***, that.

That's a flat out lie. You act like people can't scroll up and see the discussion going on about the charges and such. I don't see anyone saying the multiple drugs in his system gave the cops an excuse to sit on his neck.

If your only purpose is to come into a thread and try and be a smart@$$ jerk, that I don't get.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-04 07:01:59
Link | Citer | R

Good talk, guys.

That's a flat out lie. You act like people can't scroll up and see the discussion going on about the charges and such. I don't see anyone saying the multiple drugs in his system gave the cops an excuse to sit on his neck.

If your only purpose is to come into a thread and try and be a smart@$$ jerk, that I don't get.

I popped back in to see what the discussion was, and did see a (non-hyperbolic) version of that going on as a hypothetical lawyer argument. I am mostly here to counter Draylo's BS about me as I don't care to argue the hypothetical court case.

Draylo was one step away from my hyperbole. "Oh he had drugs in his system and a prior criminal record (internal monologue: My cousin says that means their life is worthless) that's interesting!"

That's probably the only argument a lawyer can make, but I doubt it works with an actual killing on video. And it's just absurd Draylo is entirely misrepresenting what I said. He's over on BG saying we need to use overwhelming force and the military to shut down all rioters, which is...going to result in a bunch of deaths, and potentially start Civil War 2, meanwhile he's saying I am the one demanding more dead people here, lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 117 118 119