Let's Start A Riot?!?!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 117 118 119
 Shiva.Zerowone
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-03 15:30:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
This ***is *** up. Cops destroying / wasting water / supplies.

There is no excuse for that.

It’s worse than you think it is.

It’s a disruption of supply strategy. The water and milk and milk of magnesia isn’t for consumption it’s to alleviate the effects of tear gas and pepper spray.

The police will storm in and destroy those stations before they begin using their tools of dispersal.
 Asura.Veikur
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Veikur 2020-06-03 15:32:54
Link | Citer | R

It was a city-allowed medical station. They destroyed all the food and medical supplies as well.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-03 15:38:56
Link | Citer | R

Rich white guys in their plush house: "yay! riotters, we support you *^_^**"

Rioters: "eat the rich"

YouTube Video Placeholder

It's painful how stupid these people are.
[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-06-03 15:39:25
Link | Citer | R

If any public servant really wanted to try out some next-gen ***then they could say this: in memory and respect of George Flynn, for the next 8 days and 46 minutes there will be no police presence inside the legal boundaries of this city. We expect all citizens to do good by each other and to maintain the peace as they see fit.

Then we can regroup in a week and do a real post-mortem.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-03 15:43:19
Link | Citer | R

Here are teh names of the other 3 officers:

Tou Thao
J. Alexander Kueng
Thomas Lane

They don't want them to be comfortable rioting, they want them to go home when they get thirsty.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-06-03 15:45:41
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Here are teh names of the other 3 officers:

Tou Thao
J. Alexander Kueng
Thomas Lane

They don't want them to be comfortable rioting, they want them to go home when they get thirsty.
Another officer present was Jennifer Lane, the b**** who wouldn't come to homecoming with me even after I was such a nice guy to her for 2 class periods.

No I don't have to post a source before defaming individuals, f*** you.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-03 15:49:31
Link | Citer | R

Rich white guys in their plush house: "yay! riotters, we support you *^_^**"

Rioters: "eat the rich"

It's painful how stupid these people are.

Ive watched this video several times over the course of the last 2 days and its my opinion the thumbs up is what elicited the rock throwing.

Smug thumbs up from a perch of safety is perceived as patronizing to the angry group down below and not as a sign communicating “Thumbs up I’m in agreement with what your doing”.

Also this clip doesn’t show the previous 30s where he keeps doing the thumbs up and the windows are being pelted with rocks.
By Justuas 2020-06-03 15:51:05
Link | Citer | R

You don't know if it's water or not. Did you taste it?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 15:56:34
Link | Citer | R

Needs more tinfoil up in here.
 Asura.Gnawclaw
user: Gnawclaw
By Asura.Gnawclaw 2020-06-03 15:56:48
Link | Citer | R

Justuas said: »

You don't know if it's water or not. Did you taste them?

"Cops crack down on illegal street-side moonshine distillery, aimed to cool down runners during long and terribly planned marathon races."

NOW I'm defended.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-03 15:58:04
Link | Citer | R

We live in a world where google is at your fingertips, and you still need to be spoonfed. All you have to do is enter one of those names into google.

https://www.startribune.com/chauvin-charged-with-2nd-degree-murder-3-others-also-charged/570984872/

Quote:
The other former three officers at the scene — Tou Thao, J. Alexander Kueng and Thomas Lane — were each charged with aiding and abetting second-degree murder while committing a felony, and with aiding and abetting second-degree murder manslaughter with culpable negligence. Both charges are categorized as "unintentional" felonies.

[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-06-03 16:00:31
Link | Citer | R

We live in a world where google is at your fingertips, and you still need to be spoonfed. All you have to do is enter one of those names into google.

https://www.startribune.com/chauvin-charged-with-2nd-degree-murder-3-others-also-charged/570984872/

Quote:
The other former three officers at the scene — Tou Thao, J. Alexander Kueng and Thomas Lane — were each charged with aiding and abetting second-degree murder while committing a felony, and with aiding and abetting second-degree murder manslaughter with culpable negligence. Both charges are categorized as "unintentional" felonies.

You're right, I thought that you were naming the officers who were destroying water bottles based upon your initial post. Feel free to name and shame the officers who stood there and did nothing while their co-conspirator was literally killing a person.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-06-03 16:06:18
Link | Citer | R

The head of the Minneapolis police union is saying former officer Derek Chauvin and three other officers who were involved in the killing of George Floyd last week were fired without due process, suggesting the officers may try to get their jobs back.
By volkom 2020-06-03 16:06:26
Link | Citer | R

Imagine being the officer that got tasked with guarding Floyd's vehicle. Bet that guy is glad he wasn't involved. But he should get arrested too cuz he's a cop and was "at the scene"
[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-06-03 16:11:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Veikur said: »
The head of the Minneapolis police union is saying former officer Derek Chauvin and three other officers who were involved in the killing of George Floyd last week were fired without due process, suggesting the officers may try to get their jobs back.
These are union employees, you can't just fire them...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-03 16:16:33
Link | Citer | R

Cpu said: »
It may not have been about politics while the dude was kneeling on his neck, or even the first two or three days after the initial videos came out, but I can't imagine a more politically charged conversation that you could have in 2020 other than the current situation with protestors and riots?
And there is a thread for that.

If you want to talk about the political implications about the fallout of this, head over there.

This thread has been about the social implications on the fallout. There is a huge difference between the two.

Cpu said: »
If you want to post about ***that matters then get the *** off of these forums.
Same could be said for you.

Bye!
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-06-03 16:17:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If you want to talk about the political implications about the fallout of this, head over there.

This thread has been about the social implications on the fallout. There is a huge difference between the two.
No there isn't. You're just too stupid to realize it :P
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-03 16:29:55
Link | Citer | R

kreek said: »
Draylo will be licking the windows when the rioters get near

Windowlicker. Great track. Weird video.

[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-06-03 16:30:40
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

Two things:

One, this is not the P+R section, which means the usual relaxed rules that go on in there? They don't apply here. Behave yourselves.

Two, as people have asked why this is NOT in P+R, it's because it's a topic of massive scope and importance to everyone; P+R has some posting restrictions around it and I'm keeping this one out (much like we kept one covid-19 thread out) so that it's available to a larger group.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-06-03 17:45:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Veikur said: »

Nah that would be career suicide for a lot of people. Instead they are going to sue and then negotiate a secret settlement for an undisclosed amount where the union representatives get 50%.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-06-03 17:57:45
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Viciouss said: »
Breaking: AG upgrading charge against Chauvin to 2nd degree murder, charges also coming for accomplices.

Risky, especially when the 3rd degree charge was a slam dunk. But clearly the AG knows the laws better than I do, so I’ll defer for now. It’s going to be interesting to see the actual charges for the others, though.

Yeah Murder 2 requires proving intent beyond a reasonable doubt and that's hella hard without some sort of self incriminating evidence. The video itself isn't definitive, though a good prosecutor paired with a bad defense attorney can argue for it. The defenses line is going to be that the officer was "in fear of his life" and was "immobilizing Mr Floyd" while he was cuffed and searched. Reasonable Doubt is a really high bar and the reason plea deals are used so much.

What I'm worried about here is the "new" Prosecutor is a political appointee trying to appease the masses with a show trial, that will ultimately backfire. That he would push for a big flashy trial in front of the cameras instead the boring plea deal negotiations that normally happen without news crews in the room.

Oh and the charging of the others, which has exactly zero change of winning, is to scare them into cutting a deal and testifying against Chauven. All three of those dudes are desperately trying to remember anything and everything Chauven's said for the past couple of years.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-06-03 18:21:04
Link | Citer | R

I guess Saevel hasn't watched the actual video, because every pundit alive is calling the case a slam dunk for murder two. He knelt on the guys neck for 8 minutes, and Saevel is trying to play the fear for my life card? Nah.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 18:23:59
Link | Citer | R

It's going to happen. There is no chance they don't go for the scared defense.

And then all it takes is a few morons to go yeah, hes a scary black man, I agree.

AND he was on DRUGS!? well violent black men on drugs ARE scary!
Administrator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-06-03 18:24:00
Link | Citer | R

I guess Saevel hasn't watched the actual video, because every pundit alive is calling the case a slam dunk for murder two. He knelt on the guys neck for 8 minutes, and Saevel is trying to play the fear for my life card? Nah.

You're on the same side, here, man. He's pointing out the likely defense argument, and expressing concern about getting the Murder Two when Three can't fail.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-03 18:26:15
Link | Citer | R

Idiot Boy said: »

You're on the same side, here, man. He's pointing out the likely defense argument, and expressing concern about getting the Murder Two when Three can't fail.
I doubt the defense will be that good imo.

It's almost a guarantee that anyone representing the cops will be harassed, their offices torched, the lawyers attacked constantly.

That's how this mob feels atm.

It would be even worse if the cops actually win, so even if they get stellar attorneys, it's highly unlikely they will put their best effort in in fear of their lives and business.
By volkom 2020-06-03 18:27:00
Link | Citer | R

can't wait for all those covid #'s to sky rocket. Don't know why I'm not seeing anything from the medical community warning about the protesters and social distancing. If the covid #'s don't sky rocket then this whole pandemic is a hoax and the media should be blamed for ruining the economy
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-03 18:27:55
Link | Citer | R

I'm shocked they're even trying to go for murder. Seems like a clear case of manslaughter to me. I mean if he weren't working, sure. /shrug
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 117 118 119