Let's Start A Riot?!?!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 117 118 119
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 14:11:04
Link | Citer | R

Yea, never heard of police kneeling on someone's neck, knee between the shoulder blades.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 14:12:10
Link | Citer | R

That's because it's illegal. Same with dozens of other choke holds/restraining techniques.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 14:16:38
Link | Citer | R

Police should be using escalation of force principles to begin with. They are more likely to pull a gun than any other means, if feeling the slightest threat. That's a problem. Another problem, is police being psychologically unfit for the job still being allowed to join.

Just like any other government mandated organization that delegates power though, it's massively abused, and it almost at this stage may take true revolution to roust out the bad and to make effective changes.

But, who knows which way people will sway, I'd be pleasantly surprised if USofA pulled it back together and learned to compromise, but I don't think I will be.
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-06-03 14:18:19
Link | Citer | R

Are they adding murder two, or changing three to two?

Here's the big question, though: how in the world are they going to seat a jury for this?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 14:19:25
Link | Citer | R

Idiot Boy said: »

Here's the big question, though: how in the world are they going to seat a jury for this?

I've myself been wondering this. I attest that it is quite literally impossible. Yet, they manage to do it all the time anyway.

There is absolutely no one in the entire country that can be objective when it comes to this case. Every single person here has an opinion on the police.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-06-03 14:19:30
Link | Citer | R

Plea deal
By Viciouss 2020-06-03 14:20:22
Link | Citer | R

They changed it to Murder Two, the good thing is, if they fail to prove Murder 2, they can still convict for Murder 3. So there is no reason not to charge him with the higher charge when you have that safety net.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-06-03 14:20:55
Link | Citer | R

OK, the 3 accomplices have been charged with aiding and abedding 2nd degree murder.
Administrator
By Idiot Boy 2020-06-03 14:22:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arico said: »
Plea deal

I can't see a plea deal happening. If the DA gives them ANY kind of deal, the pitchforks will be out in nanoseconds. And if the cop's not getting a deal why wouldn't he take it to trial?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 14:26:09
Link | Citer | R

Not for nothing, but the whole reason we're in this right now is because they don't give a ***if the pitchforks come out.
By Viciouss 2020-06-03 14:28:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arico said: »
Plea deal

I can't see a plea deal happening. If the DA gives them ANY kind of deal, the pitchforks will be out in nanoseconds. And if the cop's not getting a deal why wouldn't he take it to trial?

They don't need to give them a deal, they have 1. a damning video and 2. eyewitness accounts, also included on the video. The idea of giving the 3 accomplices a deal to testify against Chauvin is rendered moot by the evidence on hand. Instead, they are all going down.
Administrator
By Idiot Boy 2020-06-03 14:30:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Not for nothing, but the whole reason we're in this right now is because they don't give a ***if the pitchforks come out.

County Attorney in Minnesota is an elected position. They might care this time.

Viciouss said: »
They don't need to give them a deal, they have 1. a damning video and 2. eyewitness accounts, also included on the video. The idea of giving the 3 accomplices a deal to testify against Chauvin is rendered moot by the evidence on hand. Instead, they are all going down.

Yeah, but this was in response to the "how do they seat a jury for this" question. Arico responded with plea deal, and I was pointing out that there was no path to a deal both sides would accept.
By Viciouss 2020-06-03 14:37:53
Link | Citer | R

Jury selection, which has always been a huge problem for the African-American community, will be difficult for sure. But we do have months to wait on that.
By Viciouss 2020-06-03 14:44:10
Link | Citer | R

It looks like aiding and abetting 2nd degree murder comes with the same sentence of the actual murder, so up to 40 years for all of them.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-06-03 14:51:30
Link | Citer | R

They changed it to Murder Two, the good thing is, if they fail to prove Murder 2, they can still convict for Murder 3. So there is no reason not to charge him with the higher charge when you have that safety net.

I wasn’t aware of that, because there are situations where it’s an either/or kinda thing.

Edit: They would need to find some way to do it that isn’t double jeopardy in the case of a not guilty verdict.
[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-06-03 14:53:15
Link | Citer | R

What kind of protest or riot would it take to get the adjudicators to move this thread to P&R?
By Viciouss 2020-06-03 14:57:47
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I wasn’t aware of that, because there are situations where it’s an either/or kinda thing.

Edit: They would need to find some way to do it that isn’t double jeopardy in the case of a not guilty verdict.

In order to get a not guilty verdict, they would have to acquit him of both Murder 2 and 3, and I just don't see that happening. BUT, since it happens a lot in these kinds of cases, anything is possible.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 14:58:33
Link | Citer | R

It's not about politics or religion.

The only time it goes that way is those same 3 people.

But that little stunt yesterday was awfully close to blasphemy (if it wasn't directly already). Gasing members of the church to use the church for propaganda.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-06-03 15:00:58
Link | Citer | R

It may not have been about politics while the dude was kneeling on his neck, or even the first two or three days after the initial videos came out, but I can't imagine a more politically charged conversation that you could have in 2020 other than the current situation with protestors and riots?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 15:03:37
Link | Citer | R

It wasn't political, but the eventuality of everything brings it to politics.

Because everyone has to have an opinion and apparently no one can voice an opinion without being a radical.

Logic and facts are "left"
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-06-03 15:04:21
Link | Citer | R

It wasn't political, but the eventuality of everything brings it to politics.

Because everyone has to have an opinion and apparently no one can voice an opinion without being a radical.
You could voice your opinion on literally every other front page forum post without it being political.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 15:05:22
Link | Citer | R

About ***that matters, not a video game.

And someone will still call your political party if you have an opinion about the game lol.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-06-03 15:05:55
Link | Citer | R

If you want to post about ***that matters then get the *** off of these forums.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 15:07:21
Link | Citer | R

Little hostile ain't we
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-06-03 15:12:06
Link | Citer | R

You win again, Eiryl ;)
 Shiva.Zerowone
Serveur: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-03 15:17:06
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Ya’ll need more Run the Jewels in your life.

YouTube Video Placeholder

This song is pretty fitting for our times
[+]
 Asura.Gnawclaw
user: Gnawclaw
By Asura.Gnawclaw 2020-06-03 15:21:32
Link | Citer | R

It's not political, it's the fact a few maniacs are wielding chainsaws and really *** up the messaging:

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 15:26:06
Link | Citer | R

This ***is *** up. Cops destroying / wasting water / supplies.

There is no excuse for that.

[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-03 15:26:46
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

A lot of it depends on the evidence allowed at trial, ME reports, practices by department, etc.

I could full well see an acquittal on all charges for all persons depending how it goes and how competent lawyers are.

Can only imagine the backlash though.

Mistrial probability I forsee as high. I just hope overall police as a whole will review practices, if not for this incident for backlash for their responses to the response, as they are out of cobtrol.

Only good thing that may come of it: it may energize the miborities enough to go vote this election.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-06-03 15:28:08
Link | Citer | R

This ***is *** up. Cops destroying / wasting water / supplies.

There is no excuse for that.

Ironically that water was wasted the second it was put into an inefficient and ecologically unbenficial plastic bottle. Maybe the cops are just trying to do the world a favor by preventing such unnecessary consumption?
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 117 118 119