May 2020 Version Update
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-19 01:11:43
Link | Citer | R

Presumably the maint is to fix the lack of text on the 109 deed armor

Since they acknowledged it was missing and then maint message popped, weird thing to really stress fixing though tbh
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-19 16:06:26
Link | Citer | R

Yeah. It's just going to be a fix for this and likely nothing more. Quoth SquareEnix: Nevermore.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-05-19 16:34:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Presumably the maint is to fix the lack of text on the 109 deed armor

Since they acknowledged it was missing and then maint message popped, weird thing to really stress fixing though tbh

It's not just lack of description text though, the lack of augment also means you can't actually make use of the augment that the gear was intended to have - and some of those are highly relevant, like the ones that extend duration of valuable JAs. As discussed a lot last page, lack of augment also means the gear is not able to be stored on Porter Moogles until upgraded to 119.

I can see why they'd correct that error now (which is presumably a relatively simple fix) instead of waiting for next month's update.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-19 16:51:54
Link | Citer | R

Is it actually lack of augment or only lack of text stating augment? There is no such item as a 109 relic without an augment, so for the slip to make an item with no augment means they had to create them for that to happen. (right?)

Storage is meh, not a big enough deal to do a full maint for.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-05-19 16:54:24
Link | Citer | R

I mean, I get its something broken, but unless this missing aug prevents you from upgrading it to 119 (which someone already said it doesnt), this doesnt justify an emergency maint...especially when theres a massive crafting exploit running amok and the last patch was a giant middle finger due to covid.

This could have been deferred to June.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-05-19 16:54:37
Link | Citer | R

Yea, its a bothersome bug but its near legligible one in reality.

First because is too specific, its just one limited source of gear (i just checked my 109 relic and they seemed fine). Two because if you managed to collect more than a year worth of Deed of Heroism, you most likely have enough to upgrade it and leave the unaugmented zone. And that if you even needed that gear from token.

I hope they try to fix other things aside the augment, because just that seems quite small to drop all servers.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-05-19 17:12:15
Link | Citer | R

I think its hilarious they think that a few pieces of 109 relic without augs is worthy of immediate maintenance (during a global stay-at-home pandemic no less), but when the AMAN voucher was breaking auged unity armor, they simply removed the NPC for the entire month.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-05-19 18:00:10
Link | Citer | R

It must be something related to the exploit.

The fix the relic 109 should be just a cover. They say they will fix it, try to fix exploit, if they manage, well. If no, well they never promised to fix right now anyway.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-19 18:01:14
Link | Citer | R

Actually they even acknowledge the second method of the exploit?

They do recognize the exploit but the first method last i read.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-19 18:05:02
Link | Citer | R

They ignored and deleted all posts referencing the other methods
By Pantafernando 2020-05-19 18:08:35
Link | Citer | R

Those exploits are a bother actually.

Right after they fix it, they turn to max the auto detection mode and start banning more often. So it does impact on those who do... coff... minor wrongdoings.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-05-19 18:21:12
Link | Citer | R

You cant say they ignored the posts if they deleted them. Furthermore, they would be pretty stupid of them to leave details of how the exploit works for other people to try and replicate it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-19 18:31:18
Link | Citer | R

If you post on the OF This exploit exists

They remove the post. They don't fix it, they just remove the evidence. And they may ban you so you don't repost it.

No one posted how to do the 2nd (and 3rd?) method, only that they exist. Square fixed the first method, and deleted all evidence of the 2nd, which are still usable.

(2 and 3 may be the sameish thing, they're both zoning basically)
By Draylo 2020-05-19 18:32:17
Link | Citer | R

They probably already know of it and are in the process of working out how to fix it, among dealing with not getting access to their office due to their isolation. I wouldn't imagine they would willingly ignore an exploit, they've never done that. So they are probably erasing posts because they don't want even more people to catch on.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-19 18:33:22
Link | Citer | R

Theres an active pup exploit that they've removed evidence of and have not fixed.

Probably 5+ years old (it's not a huge deal, but it does exist)
By Pantafernando 2020-05-19 18:34:41
Link | Citer | R

Deleting posts is the standart.

Cant blame them for something they have been doing since forever. And that didnt prevent them to fix salvage exploit, dupegate, cellgate, now HQgate.

Unrelated, ow well, mods exist.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-19 18:35:17
Link | Citer | R

Theres an active pup exploit that they've removed evidence of and have not fixed.

The lv97 COR roll?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-19 18:36:08
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

The lv97 COR roll?

No, that's a cor exploit, and they fixed that.

It's the thing for forcing an automaton to stop using tp moves.
By Draylo 2020-05-19 18:37:55
Link | Citer | R

They probably forgot PUP exists
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-05-19 18:42:49
Link | Citer | R

The lv97 COR roll?

No, that's a cor exploit, and they fixed that.

It's the thing for forcing an automaton to stop using tp moves.

Lol this seems almost like what it should be than an exploit.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-19 18:46:45
Link | Citer | R

I don't disagree, but it's not 'working as intended'
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-05-19 18:52:26
Link | Citer | R

They were able to prioritize the issue with the recent update because that’s how software development works. You tend to get a lot of leeway to fix issues that are directly related to a recent release if you can confirm that the fix has no other implications, but that same freedom does not apply to a potentially age old bug where the fix would have unknown ramifications to a core piece of architecture like the crafting system.

Not only would it be irresponsible to just throw a patch out without a significant amount of investigation, development, and testing beforehand, but at the end of the day this really only pisses off a handful of subs — high tier crafters and people who bought orbs for 150mil+. There is no reason, monetarily or otherwise, to immediately fix this issue because no one is unsubbing due to it at this time. If anything, they’re probably making more money off of the legion of 110 crafter alts that people are creating to take advantage of the issue while they still can.

Re: Removal of posts from the official forums. Why not? There’s an accepted defect report post that describes the remaining exploit issues in full and they’re not going to make more money by letting the topics explode and get more visibility.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-19 18:59:58
Link | Citer | R

The easiest fix would be preventing any craft at all on MH.

I mean, we cant even use an item or cast an spell on MH, wtf are we able to craft on it?

Not just allow exploit but also hide completely shady stuff like this. Obviously you could always do hacks in a place none is, but if you can do at safety of your own home, it becomes near impossible to actually get a proof unless youre inside this business.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-05-19 19:02:54
Link | Citer | R

I mean, we cant even use an item or cast an spell on MH, wtf are we able to craft on it?

Not just allow exploit but also hide completely shady stuff like this. Obviously you could always do hacks in a place none is, but if you can do at safety of your own home, it becomes near impossible to actually get a proof unless youre inside this business.
No one here actually knows if that’s the easiest fix, or if it would even work, because no one has access to the actual dev code repository. This is like you watching a surgery on TV and yelling suggestions at the operating team.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2020-05-19 19:11:31
Link | Citer | R

When I was testing you can do the exploit anywhere, so this is dumb. You could just pos far outside of the map and no one would be able to see you crafting there either.

The obvious solution is the same one it's always been - account for possible interactions and test your code better. Both exploits known should have been caught before the code ever went into their production build, because they're quite simple - just like the dupe exploit was extremely simple.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-19 19:32:24
Link | Citer | R

I mean even when this fix this one, there will just be another and another and another.

You literally just tell the server "give me this" with a packet and the server goes ok boss. (no it's not quite that simple)
 Phoenix.Oyama
Serveur: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-05-19 19:37:46
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
You literally just tell the server "give me this" with a packet and the server goes ok boss. (no it's not quite that simple)

<3
By Pantafernando 2020-05-19 19:45:51
Link | Citer | R

Talking about exploits, i just saw someone that managed to sell 280+ sif locks in 15 days (200k a stack so obviously not the mog garden one).

Is it even possible to farm that many sif locks? Last I saw it just dropped from NMs.

EDIT: not on assura
 Asura.Midgitis
By Asura.Midgitis 2020-05-19 21:11:16
Link | Citer | R

You would be surprised at the hoarding some people do and then when they need money they offload. Sometimes having your wealth in materials is better than gil. 280 sif locks seems like a lot but it really isn't that many, it could be someone who spammed a bcnm during campaign with multiple mules etc..
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-19 21:18:31
Link | Citer | R

More likely bots. previously bots only really did leviathan but wouldn't be any different to change the coordinates to aagk

But yeah, that's not out of the realm of possibilities, can only hold 1b and store 1b but you can buy items to hold value.