Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 129 130 131
By Odinz 2020-03-20 07:19:44
Link | Citer | R

https://www.google.com/search?q=body+condom+suit&safe=strict&rlz=1C1DVJR_enAE865AE865&sxsrf=ALeKk02pi002Si_bAfUSYVaa5sQO-bBvBw:1584706707801&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiO3pDDhKnoAhXJ6OAKHRzqDvQQ_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1920&bih=975#imgrc=6NnmPm8TfMwcOM
Just use a pair of scissors to open up the *** area.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-03-20 07:48:14
Link | Citer | R

I live about 65km east of London. Not seen much change here, apart from maybe less people out and about. The more popular shops are the first to run out of things. These seem to be convenience items - soap pumps all gone but bars of soap still available, bread all gone but flour etc. still available.

Schools shut their gates at the end of today (they remain open for children of key workers such as doctors etc.)

My gf and I were made redundant in mid Feb (we both worked in London). Thankfully we'll be financially comfortable for quite a while considering the redundancy packages. But I don't envy the people I know who are still forced to go to their offices every day.
By Draylo 2020-03-20 07:50:43
Link | Citer | R

Looks like NYC is considering locking everyone in their apartments and executing martial law. I just can't lol.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-20 08:10:55
Link | Citer | R

W
Draylo said: »
Looks like NYC is considering locking everyone in their apartments and executing martial law. I just can't lol.
Welcome to Ital... OH WAIT.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-20 08:20:00
Link | Citer | R

Funny how those measures are being similar in different part of the world.

Not questioning the measure itself, i just ask if any politician even questioned if whats being done is the best thing to do.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-20 08:21:14
Link | Citer | R

About the lockdown and limitating people meeting each other, taking distance and so on?

Of course politicians questioned, plenty of data about it from scientists and experts of the phenomena.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Odinz 2020-03-20 09:25:17
Link | Citer | R

Last Sunday - Circular to all employees "if you haven't been contacted by HR, don't come into work".
I was contacted. One of 9 employees that were told to go in.
Thursday - I decided to not go into work after 15 cases were reported in city.
Friday (today) - Wife wants me to go out to buy sliced bread and milk. I ordered it online. Wife hosed down the bags with alcohol and clorex. then proceeded to place the 2 bags of sliced bread, milk and jam into the sink filled with boiling water and detol disinfectant, using plastic gloves. she then burned the plastic gloves, microwaved the bread, and took a shower. forced me to do the same. I thought she was done, but then she got the clorex again and went to work on the door handels. shouting at me the entire time "what are you doing on the pc". she then came and sprayed the ***all over my keyboard and forced me to take another shower.

The bread tastes like ***now. it became like wood.

If Covid doesnt kill us, we will kill each other.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-20 09:27:03
Link | Citer | R

I cant use this.

Its too risky that i end liking it
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-03-20 09:27:50
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
I read a story about some *** who hoarded up hand sanitizer, face masks, and various other products of the sort, these guys were renting u-hauls and traveling hundreds of miles clearing out entire inventories of this stuff. They managed to make a "decent profit" reselling on e-bay and amazon for absurd mark up, criminal in my opinion. The online retailers shut them down, now they are sitting on garages of the stuff w/ no way to sell it, meanwhile their local hospitals are short.

Predatory ***, too bad they didn't get shut down before they made their money back, and a profit.
You missed a good deal of actual facts here.
They bought stuff in a small town that was overstocked trying to resell it to cities that were short.
They didn't make that much profit per sale because they had shipping costs
They sold a few bottles of sanitizer for $70, but most of the sales were 2 bottles for $20, shipping included. That's how much I paid at my local pharmacy before the panic buying started
Finally, they no longer have the stuff. The twitter psychos were so outraged and threatening that the guys decided to donate everything, but the day after they announced the donation, the government showed up to their garage and "facilitated the donation."
Not saying I agree with what they did, but they weren't as evil as the outrage mob portrayed them.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-20 09:28:44
Link | Citer | R

Wow, that's pretty extreme on the whole, disinfecting process.
By Odinz 2020-03-20 09:32:01
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Wow, that's pretty extreme on the whole, disinfecting process.
I hear buckets of water being emptied out of windows and balcony every 20 minutes. Everyone here is being extreme. OCD gene originated in Scandinavia.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2020-03-20 09:55:16
Link | Citer | R

Bars/night clubs closed for 30 days. I have friends in those industries, so I know it's going to hit them hard.

CSL plasma done (my secondary income) I can't sell blood plasma until they open back up.

Gatherings of 10 or larger are banned in my state (lol still going to a birthday party this weekend though. It's against my personal belief to turn down free booze)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-20 10:33:25
Link | Citer | R

I guess that a feature of brazilian to despise laws.

In my city there are the rules like everywhere else in the world, but the street have a non small amount of people and comercy open.

Supermarket are crowded, large lines to buy stuffs. Given how supermarkets should be earning at this time, probably we wont be running out of stuffs that fast
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-03-20 10:42:18
Link | Citer | R

My conspiracy theorist friends have been absolutely having a field day. Other than that, it's so packed in the cities here (washington state), you'd think it was Mardi Gras weekend. Seriously, it's been a while since I've seen such a large gathering at everyplace and every street... I don't know anyone in this area, other than myself, that is actually taking measures seriously.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-03-20 11:06:58
Link | Citer | R

Crossbones said: »
A corporation by law is required to make money....
What the actual ***?

There is no such law.
[+]
By orangemanbad 2020-03-20 11:11:11
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
What the actual ***?

There is no such law.

Newton's third law of corporate dynamics.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Starwarsguru
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Starwarsguru 2020-03-20 11:23:18
Link | Citer | R

NY just declared a lockdown on all non essential businesses. Our electrical supply they say is considered essential. Still working, but not busy at all. Everyone stay home, stay safe and keep playing FFXI...
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-20 11:28:44
Link | Citer | R

What the actual ***?

There is no such law.

I think he’s referring mainly to publicly traded companies. This link from litigationandtrial.com sums up the situation pretty well.

tl;dr: Corporations are legally obligated to maximize profits for their shareholders, though the specifics of what that actually means are subject to ongoing debate and differ with each company.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-20 11:36:40
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Starwarsguru said: »
Everyone stay home, stay safe and keep playing FFXI...

I cant play with my a-hole dirty!
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-03-20 12:13:53
Link | Citer | R

UK government just announced all cafes, pubs and restaurants must close after today.

Edit: Take away food ok.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2020-03-20 12:19:12
Link | Citer | R

Was travelling internationally when all this started so I got some scared looks declaring that when questioned, but surviving fine.
By Odinz 2020-03-20 13:37:58
Link | Citer | R

What the actual ***?

There is no such law.
Governance law of board of directors - you go to jail if you're found guilty of negligence or making decisions that harm either the corporation or the public or the employees.
CEO's sometimes go to jail too if they've lied to boards and hidden truths from them or gone against their directions, delegation of authority etc.
It happens more often than one would think.

And while the law varies from country to country, if you're on the board of directors of a publicly traded company, shareholders can and often do take you to court.

Private companies can also have their board of directors jailed.

In general, corporations need to make money by law, is kind of accurate. As all the clauses and laws that govern the board of directors and delegation of authority ensure the company is governed to profit its shareholders.

EDIT: this is why the 1,000 USD for every meeting you attend isn't worth it to be a member on the board.
Legal firms and consultancies like the big 4, hold all senior partners liable, as that's basically the same as being on the board.
[+]
By Odinz 2020-03-20 13:44:41
Link | Citer | R

Also, you're being really irresponsible, possible even criminal, by going out and gathering in large numbers like nothing is happening.

Have some compassion for the healthcare workers and caregivers who are going to have to deal with the fallout of people ignoring health advice.
By Odinz 2020-03-20 14:03:33
Link | Citer | R

One of the most amazing things I've ever seen;
UK Government: Don't worry peeps, we got your back. All you wages and salaries are covered.
YouTube Video Placeholder

Post deleted by User.
By orangemanbad 2020-03-20 14:34:37
Link | Citer | R

Odinz said: »
Also, you're being really irresponsible, possible even criminal, by going out and gathering in large numbers like nothing is happening.

Have some compassion for the healthcare workers and caregivers who are going to have to deal with the fallout of people ignoring health advice.

Who are you are the responsibility police ?
By Ashleyz 2020-03-20 14:42:13
Link | Citer | R

I live in Seattle and the response is overly exaggerated. They canceled my children's schools for the next 6 weeks and we are expected to home school them during this period. All of my classes at the University of Washington have been moved to remote learning with online forums. The stores are starting to restock the toilet paper LOL. Bars, restaurants, and nightclubs are shut down. The real kicker is I don't know a single person with the Corona Virus. Out of the 50,000 students and employees at the University of Washington, there have only been 2 confirmed cases.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 129 130 131