Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 129 130 131

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-28 12:51:06
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much impossible to enforce on a federal level and wouldn't actually accomplish anything. DOA

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-28 12:58:02
Link | Citer | R

Too bad none of those resources can stop people from moving.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-28 13:02:25
Link | Citer | R

Plenty of people are fleeing New York right now to get away from the virus. The federal government can't stop them, no matter what Google tells you.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Vishwambhari 2020-03-28 14:05:58
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Vishwambhari said: »
kireek said: »
The doctor in the interview said he is using it himself as a prophylactic and has not been infected.
I'm a doctor too, and that statement makes no scientific sense whatsoever.

Yet that doctor said he is taking it and the following doctor stated that it has strong antiviral properties. I'm not a doctor or have any medical training obviously but that's what they said.

Is there a massive between SARS coronavirus and this coronavirus?

From what I read there is research that states it is a potent inhibitor of sars coronoavirus, would that be why they went to it as a cure this time?

https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-422X-2-69

(this is form 2005 for sars)

Quote:
Background

Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is caused by a newly discovered coronavirus (SARS-CoV). No effective prophylactic or post-exposure therapy is currently available.
Results

We report, however, that chloroquine has strong antiviral effects on SARS-CoV infection of primate cells. These inhibitory effects are observed when the cells are treated with the drug either before or after exposure to the virus, suggesting both prophylactic and therapeutic advantage. In addition to the well-known functions of chloroquine such as elevations of endosomal pH, the drug appears to interfere with terminal glycosylation of the cellular receptor, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2. This may negatively influence the virus-receptor binding and abrogate the infection, with further ramifications by the elevation of vesicular pH, resulting in the inhibition of infection and spread of SARS CoV at clinically admissible concentrations.
Conclusion

Chloroquine is effective in preventing the spread of SARS CoV in cell culture. Favorable inhibition of virus spread was observed when the cells were either treated with chloroquine prior to or after SARS CoV infection. In addition, the indirect immunofluorescence assay described herein represents a simple and rapid method for screening SARS-CoV antiviral compounds.
First of all, i want to say that I appreciate your enthusiasm. I had read that study before, and a colleague of mine even brought it up during one of the multidisciplinary meetings we had about COVID-19 in my hospital. Long story short, that's an "in vitro" model, meaning it works on the cells cultivated on a petri dish. We have no guarantee that's how it works in the human body (in vivo), mostly because almost every compound you take (orally or not) gets processed/modified by your liver to a certain extent. There are also other factors that play a role, like bioavailability and how well a drug can reach and stay in the organs you want it to go.
Right now, the general consensus is that, speaking about COVID-19, HCQ is proving effective for its immunomodulatory properties (decrease of the interleukin cascade, TNF-alpha expression and so on) rather than its (dubious) antiviral properties. Keep in mind, HCQ is not even our best drug in fighting severe cases of COVID-19, as it's unclear if it helps when the disease has progressed to respiratory failure. In those cases we tend to use Tocilizumab, which is an immunomodulatory drug, in a single administration.
The role of inflammation in COVID-19 pathogenesis and progression is becoming very clear over time, even when looking at its epidemiology: women and children (weaker immune system compared to adult males) usually get less severe forms, as well as younger non-obese subjects (body fat produces several interleukines, among all IL-6; while inflammation indexes usually rise with the age, mostly due to chronic damage to cells' DNA by oxygen radicals, which makes them release pro-apoptotic signaling and flags them to white cells).
Look Mr. We don't need you coming in here with your informed, educated opinion and scientific facts. Did noone tell you that this forum is for rumours, conspiracy theories, uniformed ranting and political point scoring?
I can't let too many of you people get sick, otherwise who's gonna pay for the servers to stay open?

Jokes aside, there's nothing wrong about having an uneducated opinion about something like this. This is a new virus, we're still learning how to fight it, and while most people don't have the means to select their sources, this pandemic is affecting their lives nonetheless, and you can't really blame them for being curious. The whole infodemic that comes with the disease doesn't help either. I'm happy to be of help.
Stay safe!
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-28 14:20:00
Link | Citer | R

Wow a friend of mines mother just passed away recently. She had contracted the virus and had asthma and lived on Long Island. Crazy when it happens close to home.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-03-28 14:28:47
Link | Citer | R

I can't let too many of you people get sick, otherwise who's gonna pay for the servers to stay open?

Jokes aside, there's nothing wrong about having an uneducated opinion about something like this. This is a new virus, we're still learning how to fight it, and while most people don't have the means to select their sources, this pandemic is affecting their lives nonetheless, and you can't really blame them for being curious. The whole infodemic that comes with the disease doesn't help either. I'm happy to be of help.
Stay safe!
I mostly check on Raoult's team for info but with the controversy surrounding him it's difficult to know what's going on at times.

That and some people from the virology (and finance) world have been posting about Covid 19 ever since last October. But it's incredibly difficult to believe sources when the ones that, so far, have been saying the truth, have been unofficial.
By Odinz 2020-03-28 14:44:16
Link | Citer | R

dafuq
Minute: 106
YouTube Video Placeholder

Lyrics:
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-28 15:25:59
Link | Citer | R

Since you didn't mention it, that song is from 2013.
[+]
By Odinz 2020-03-28 15:26:07
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Wow a friend of mines mother just passed away recently. She had contracted the virus and had asthma and lived on Long Island. Crazy when it happens close to home.
Am I the only one who's mind sometimes wanders into dark corners and thinks "I envy the people who got it already and recovered".
Means they're homefree.
By Odinz 2020-03-28 15:30:37
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Since you didn't mention it, that song is from 2013.
true. figured people would go to the link and see the description.

My brain is trying to rationalize this.

But it keeps going back to : what if this really was planned?

Post deleted by User.
By Odinz 2020-03-28 15:36:16
Link | Citer | R

Odinz said: »
dafuq
Minute: 106
YouTube Video Placeholder

Lyrics:

Quote:
From the author on FB:
"No, I'm not a prophet. Not Nostradamus. No, I don't make predictions and No I'm not a writer for The Simpsons. BUT, I have been studying docs and listening to "insiders" & "whistle blowers" for 10+ years and some things just add up and lyrics come out of it. Simple as that. Yea I know, I know, mentioning a coronavirus pandemic in 2020 in a song from 2013 is strange to most, but not so much to me as this is what I do (make esoteric underground hip hop). I have had A LOT of time to look into ***as I never had a 9-5, lol. Peace to everyone and thanks for listening!"
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-03-28 15:42:23
Link | Citer | R

Odinz said: »
Am I the only one who's mind sometimes wanders into dark corners and thinks "I envy the people who got it already and recovered".
Means they're homefree.
Not necessary. People in China who had been tested as clear and released have retested as infected. There is no evidence yet that infection confers even limited immunity. Yet...

It can easily mutate and you can get it again.
It seems to be a slow mutator. For such a small boon of good news we should be grateful.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-28 15:53:07
Link | Citer | R

That sucks Draylo, condolences to your friend's family, things definitely give you a different perspective when it hits people you know.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-28 15:54:44
Link | Citer | R

I'm still pretty positive on this and I live in a country area, to me I'm not worried about this going on long-term and the implications of that.

For the people who think this is going to go on long-term (most here seem to think that), that the economy is going to crash and we head into a massive recession with mass unemployment etc I have no idea how you are still calm at all. Society isn't as secure as some seem to think it is, it doesn't take much to tip into chaos.

Yeah, we know your opinion.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-28 15:59:41
Link | Citer | R

Stocked up and good to go. Thanks for your fearmongering tho.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-28 16:02:50
Link | Citer | R

Uh, I live in Texas. And no, we are all tired of your trolling.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-28 16:23:40
Link | Citer | R

Like I said, borrowed time.
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 129 130 131