Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 129 130 131
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-03-27 00:29:48
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
Odinz said: »
China has successfully flattened the curve in phase 1.
The rest of the world appears to be entering catastrophic phase; thats the boom in the "case,case,cluster,cluster BOOM" spread process, meaning its going to reach 80% of the population on this planet by early to mid May.
I would not trust any statistics or claims coming out of China, none. The CCP was directly responsible for the mass outbreak of this pandemic, they're still desperately scrambling to cover this up and/or pass the blame to the USA (work that one out...).

They're deliberately hiding the true fatality figures because... and this is something the CCP would absolutely do... they've been killing people with the virus when it overwhelmed Wuhan. The CCP could have a major problem and direct threat to their grip on China if this was confirmed.
It's been reported that they 1) wouldn't admit new contaminated people in hospitals and more importantly 2) have been cremating infected or suspected to be infected people ever since they discovered 2nd wave.

So yeah, they're not keeping track, they have never been. But hey, medias have been spamming those stats so much that they're official, does it really matter whether they are lying or not?

I mean, even here in France we are facing fake stats when it comes to chloroquine hydrochloride (because someone at the government whose husband is important in the health world pretty much *** us to allow him to earn more money, and so on). And despite said fake stats, they still backpedal to allow the use to treat people.

At this point, I wouldn't take ANY stat being released seriously.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-27 01:35:36
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
New York City EMS received more than 6,400 medical 911 calls on Wednesday, surpassing the record set on September 11, 2001

Quote:
At least according to my EMT friend, the majority of these calls have been people who really don't need a hospital. Flu/cold-like symptoms, not severe cases... but people are scared. The amount of anxiety people must have, knowing that the virus can turn from flu/cold-like symptoms to SARS-like symptoms, will have people desperately wanting to go to a hospital just so they can feel safe.
By Draylo 2020-03-27 01:37:29
Link | Citer | R

What!! I don't even see anything going on, but I've been home for ages now.
By Ruaumoko 2020-03-27 01:38:35
Link | Citer | R

The CCP must pay for this, one way or another.

The world will never move on until they are held responsible for the disaster they willingly inflicted on the world all to save Xi some face. I have massive respect for the doctors and good citizens of China who put ***on the line in trying to alert the world before they were 'disappeared'.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-27 02:13:04
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone ever audit those tests?

I mean, auditing if a death is correctly related to covid, auditing if the test can actually diferentiate between a common flu and covid death?

Its not hard to use statistics to prove a point, but its very hard giving proper information out of those numbers. Plus i always wondered what those kits actually have, if this technology is easily reproduced in other countries
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-27 02:15:53
Link | Citer | R

if we get coronavirus reparations/stimulus, would it be distasteful to spend it on Chinese RMT gil?
[+]
By Odinz 2020-03-27 02:23:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
if we get coronavirus reparations/stimulus, would it be distasteful to spend it on Chinese RMT gil?
I loled.
No, it wouldn't because you would be facilitating the gil farmers' social isolation, thus contributing towards the efforts of stopping the spread of the disease.

RMT away.
[+]
By Odinz 2020-03-27 02:25:22
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Has anyone ever audit those tests?

I mean, auditing if a death is correctly related to covid, auditing if the test can actually diferentiate between a common flu and covid death?

Its not hard to use statistics to prove a point, but its very hard giving proper information out of those numbers. Plus i always wondered what those kits actually have, if this technology is easily reproduced in other countries

Yes. you don't want to know.
One test kit, one of the rapid variation ones, proved to be able to detect the virus 40% of the time.

The only ones I know of that are accurate enough are the swab and PCR tests.
They look for the DNA.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-27 02:37:47
Link | Citer | R

40% like 60% a mix of false positive and negative?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Ruaumoko 2020-03-27 03:08:16
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
1.3k people have died from this virus in 2 months in the USA.

From a population of 329 million.

There are more people playing FFXI on Asura than have died form this virus in the USA and the UK combined
It's not worth risking the lives of immune-compromised and the elderly. Lives are still at risk here, let the lockdown continue until the health services can get on top of it rather than be overwhelmed.

Singapore and South Korea are almost on top of it and they achieved such through not taking brazen risks. It's best to follow from example, especially when lives are on the line.

Also, this is from that link.

Quote:
The need to have a national, coordinated response remains, but this is being met by the government’s COVID-19 response.
It seems the Conservatives are doing the right thing and indeed going off the example set by others, lockdown until this is under control.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-27 03:36:44
Link | Citer | R

The thing is immune compromised people will die from many disease other than covid, but with an important factor to be analyzed:

Covid have been reported every single minute on tv, press, whatssap. People are being forced to use quarentine methods to prevent at every cost to contract the disease. But despite all that, humans are humans and cant work at efficiency of 100% isolation. They eventually will contact virus either by delivery food, going to supermarket, even from the window if the virus can spread through air. So eventually the weak people will get in contact with covid.

But here is the thing: contracting something that you expend all resource to prevent is a brutal psychological defeat. This feeling of frustration plus the fear of the mortality of covid makes a lot worse for people already weak in their head to react and recover from disease.

You cant ignore psychological effect in the diseased people recover. And fear just make then more susceptible.

There is a line where the information is necessary and when its excessive. Its pretty clear we crossed long ago the line where the information given was just the necessary one.

Post deleted by User.
By Voren 2020-03-27 06:43:28
Link | Citer | R

Why saying "the flu kills more each year" is disingenuous at best.

https://aspe.hhs.gov/cdc-%E2%80%94-influenza-deaths-request-correction-rfc
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-27 06:46:41
Link | Citer | R

Voren said: »

Yeah....that little subtle problem with the way the CDC records flu deaths differently than ANY OTHER DISEASE was pointed out to him many pages ago, and he didn't care then either.
[+]
By Voren 2020-03-27 07:01:32
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Voren said: »

Yeah....that little subtle problem with the way the CDC records flu deaths differently than ANY OTHER DISEASE was pointed out to him many pages ago, and he didn't care then either.

Yeah, but I honestly can't tell if he's this incredibly piss-ignorant, trolling really hard out of sheer boredom, or just took a hardlined stance and threw all in and can't see a way out.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-27 07:26:12
Link | Citer | R

Coronavirus: Boris Johnson tests positive for COVID-19
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2020-03-27 07:34:50
Link | Citer | R

My company laid off 3 of 4 managers this week and didnt give the remaining 5 employees any instruction or information leaving us to figure it out for ourselves. This has been a rough week to say the least since we're an environmental machinery dealer that deals heavily with sanitation and construction. We have municipalities trying to stay ahead of the situation and this move has not only made it difficult on us but our customers as well.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-03-27 07:40:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

I probably have it right now, who would know because most people just get a sore throat from it.

Lots of famous people have it, or have had it and are just fine. We are being shown it's not lethal to almost everyone and people are still being hysterical about it.

Not everyone shot with a gun dies, does that mean we should all just not worry about walking through a war zone?
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-03-27 08:22:58
Link | Citer | R

I probably have it right now, who would know because most people just get a sore throat from it.

Lots of famous people have it, or have had it and are just fine. We are being shown it's not lethal to almost everyone and people are still being hysterical about it.

Are you this pigheaded IRL? For the sake of those around you, I sure hope not.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-03-27 08:31:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Not everyone shot with a gun dies, does that mean we should all just not worry about walking through a war zone?

You can be knocked over by a car and killed with a small percent chance, does that mean you never leave the house?

The death rate form this is tiny, which is why so few people have died from it.

The death rate may be "tiny", but death isn't the only bad experience. A significant chunk of people are being hospitalized, with a good percentage needing a ventilator to breathe. That's not a pleasant experience. Sure, there are "only" 25k deaths as per this website I'm googling, so far, but there are reports that some people permanently lose 20-30% of their lung capacity from the illness, because it *** you up. It's not a *** mild flu everyone can just drug up and shrug off.

You're acting like it's nothing, but there are people dying, and hospitals are over capacity in many major metropolis', that's not nothing.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-03-27 08:34:24
Link | Citer | R

You can be knocked over by a car and killed with a small percent chance, does that mean you never leave the house?

Now put everybody in your town in the middle of the road at once. Even if only a tiny fraction get hit by vehicles, it will quickly overwhelm the health system's ability to process the injured and it will lead to (many) preventable deaths/maimings.

This virus currently has no treatment or cure, so there's no 'getting out of the street' unless you stay home. It's really not that complicated, but apparently some people can't put 1 + 1 together.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 129 130 131