Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 129 130 131
By Viciouss 2020-03-26 12:41:13
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Let's ... not pollute this thread with politics please.

Kireek has been at it for days.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-26 12:48:11
Link | Citer | R

Being proven correct is not embarrassing for me.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-03-26 13:34:05
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
The problem is that if the government lets these companies die due to government lockdowns, the EU will not. This allows airbus to dominate the industry and in turn pay more taxes back to the EU while the US will have no major airlines left.

The main problem some people have is that they think American corporations are the enemy, they employ tens of thousands of staff and pay large amounts of taxes. They are not the enemy, they are thier companies.

That they did shady ***in the past does not negate us looking after them now, the CEOs that did that in the past may not even be working there now.
The stock buybacks happened before all this. Companies had some cash and they bought their own stocks rather than saving it for a rainy day. The buybacks were not done for the good of the company. They were done so the people in charge could get fat bonuses. Any company that is guilty of buybacks desrves to go under. Still, adding unrelated SJW stuff to the bill and using stock buybacks as an excuse is wrong. I'm fully ready to say both sides are wrong.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-03-26 13:57:03
Link | Citer | R

Other than the price of food going up, I don't think I've been affected much.
I use very little toilet paper as I wash my *** after shitting like any civilized person should. One roll lasts many, many days.

Food wise, while the aisles are USSR mode most of the time, I still find what I want without troubles.

The only negative thing from this pandemic so far is that every day at 20:00, people go on their balcony to whistle, clap their hands and yell. Like, what in the actual ***.
These retards literally rob hospitals, pharmacies and whatever they can to get masks and gel and whatever else, yet they go on their *** balcony to make noise to "support" health workers?
I wish we could just shoot them.

My game backlog hasn't gone down, I need to work on that.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-26 14:43:32
Link | Citer | R

Nobody cares what that guy says. He caused approximately zero "hysteria." Continue with those trash sources tho.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-03-26 14:51:10
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
I use very little toilet paper as I wash my *** after shitting like any civilized person should. One roll lasts many, many days.

Food wise, while the aisles are USSR mode most of the time, I still find what I want without troubles.

The only negative thing from this pandemic so far is that every day at 20:00, people go on their balcony to whistle, clap their hands and yell. Like, what in the actual ***.
These retards literally rob hospitals, pharmacies and whatever they can to get masks and gel and whatever else, yet they go on their *** balcony to make noise to "support" health workers?

I completely agree with the wash your *** after shitting. It's inconceivable we still copy China like a moron after 1000 years.

This also demonstrate small democratic vs large totalitarian government. China was like

"You sick? No? Let me beat the ***out of you! Talk! Who did you come into contact with!? Lock this guy to his room. If anyone comes out of his room, beat him with a stick and throw him back in. Human Rights? What's that?"

US was like

"Yeah! Social distant! Self isolation! I got you bro! Gotta take my dog out for a walk on the beach like everyone else bro. Dog is missing his usual walk."
By Viciouss 2020-03-26 14:54:03
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Nobody cares what that guy says. He caused approximately zero "hysteria." Continue with those trash sources tho.

This is a serious news story you baby, this news has broken because he recently gave testimony to MPs here in the UK.

Whether you like it or not the medical experts will now revise their guidance to the world leaders and this will now end in weeks. This guy was the source of the advice they were all using, including doctor Fauci.

Be mad, or not it's still going to be over soon.

No its not it serious news story. Dr. Fauci has not listened to this guy at all. No medical experts have listened to him, and we are not under shelter in place because of what this guy thinks. And lastly, this is not going to be over "soon" because this guy changed his made up story.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-26 14:54:22
Link | Citer | R

***has just became an entire political war here in Brasil after the president speach aligned with Trump and wished that healthy people get back to work. Now there are 2 sides, the one who used the commotion of the quarentine measures to capitalize oposition to the president, that reacted too late after the virus started killing here, and the people that either unsatisfied of being quarentined despite being healty (me included), other fraction of workers that simply cant quarentine (supermarket atendants, farmacy, delivery boys, etc) and other fraction that is wasting too much due quarentine (stores owners, people being fired, sellers, etc).

The campaign either to force you home and to force you back to the work has intensified since president speach. Right now, the president is in worse situation due to massive critics from media and all kind of intelectuals. But i think as the deaths start rising, and they will, this just weaken any measure to quarentine implemented. And tend to favor the president.

Time will tell, if Brasil deaths stabilize, thus meaning quarentine measures were effective, or deaths rate rises, meaning all this effort had questionable returns in face to massive cost society is facing.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-26 14:59:16
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
***has just became an entire political war here in Brasil after the president speach aligned with Trump and wished that healthy people get back to work. Now there are 2 sides, the one who used the commotion of the quarentine measures to capitalize oposition to the president, that reacted too late after the virus started killing here, and the people that either unsatisfied of being quarentined despite being healty (me included), other fraction of workers that simply cant quarentine (supermarket atendants, farmacy, delivery boys, etc) and other fraction that is wasting too much due quarentine (stores owners, people being fired, sellers, etc).

The campaign either to force you home and to force you back to the work has intensified since president speach. Right now, the president is in worse situation due to massive critics from media and all kind of intelectuals. But i think as the deaths start rising, and they will, this just weaken any measure to quarentine implemented. And tend to favor the president.

Time will tell, if Brasil deaths stabilize, thus meaning quarentine measures were effective, or deaths rate rises, meaning all this effort had questionable returns in face to massive cost society is facing.

Sorry to hear our idiot President is influencing your politicians. People just need to ignore him right now, he is parroting false hope.
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-03-26 15:08:41
Link | Citer | R

Well, people should be worried about the economic situation before they run out of food and die like Venezuela. Unless your government has a stock pile of 1 year of food (massive) you are looking at potential famine and shortage of everything essential to human well being if they can not kick start the economy back.

Ideally, you shut down for 2-6 weeks with absolutely nobody going in and out. Government forces everyone to delay debt, rent and payments. Government create a taskforce (probably army) provide food delivery and other essentials like medicine. You will violate and break every human rights in the process and hopefully you can get pass this and restart within 2-3 months.

If you can't, then you have to go with the 2nd option. That means you shut down as much as you can for as long as you can to prevent hospitals from over loading. The damages to the economy will be catastrophic. People will lose their homes, the wealth and finally their lives as resources of every level rapidly becoming out of reach.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-26 15:14:52
Link | Citer | R

12,000 new US cases today and it's just 3 pm. Something tells me your lying again.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-26 15:24:23
Link | Citer | R

This is also interesting:

A NYC nurse has stated the reason for the high amount of ICU beds needed for pattients with this virus is because they have been incubating far earlier than they normally would to protect staff.

Quote:
One problem is the sheer number of patients. Another is that we are early intubating these patients given data suggesting improved outcomes and also to avoid aerosolizing procedures to protect staff.

https://twitter.com/thisismeredith/status/1242780954411712518

Wait, isn't that what Shiroi said was happening to his wife in Canada, and you were trolling so hard about it? Now it's "interesting." Sure ok.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-26 15:29:55
Link | Citer | R

Caerda said: »
Viciouss said: »
12,000 new US cases today and it's just 3 pm. Something tells me your lying again.

Its because people are getting tested now. Quit being dumb.

I'm not being dumb at all, people have been getting tested for weeks, and today we see a huge spike. And we have the troll here trying to say it's gonna be over soon because he read it on Twitter. It's not even close to being over. Quit being dumb.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-26 15:44:44
Link | Citer | R

Stupid *** went and coughed on 35k worth of produce in PA.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/grocery-store-throws-out-35k-worth-food-woman-coughed-twisted-n1169401?cid=public-rss_20200326

Draylo said: »
Don't stupid people deserve to live too?
Well, I think we can all agree she doesn't at the very least.

Michigan state police are giving out $500 fines for anyone out driving, can't resist the chance to steal more money from poor people right?
Why do I say that? They're out on 8 mile giving out the tickets.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-26 16:03:35
Link | Citer | R

kireek wants to be combative. If trump had mentioned measles instead of influenza, that would be his disease du jour.

This was the danger with an "open media"- that did not have to follow the same journalistic standards once considered sacred. But now media is more concerned with advertising dollars to keep them running vs truth because there are so many "free" sources of "news" that if you're not flashy, you die. We were all promised more open and honest news with this new paradigm, but again, when news becomes a competitive industry rather than a public service, this is what happens. No one trusts anything any more unless they agreed with it before reading/hearing it.

But by the same token- if media is only a public service, it eventually becomes controlled by the government, and then nobody trusts it and it loses its primary role.

So honestly man, ask yourself- what do you trust and why? Is it the established networks that your parents and grandparents trusted? Is it the "independent" agencies online that say they answer to no one but their readers? Is it the leaders that you already agreed with before a single word came out of their mouth? Really, ask yourself what it takes to change your mind on any issue, and then ask if you are blocking yourself from new information because of bias.

And that works in both directions, on both sides of any issue. We all have our biases, and its up to us to remain open to all voices so we hear them clearly. Of course some will be idiots, maybe most. Or maybe we discover in a moment that we've been closed off due to the messenger.

For years I was against any form of government legislation that negatively affected industrial growth in the name of environmental protections. I grew up in the "Rust Belt"- the midwest region of the United States dominated in the 50s,60s, and 70s with heavy industry that by the 90s was starting to shut down, leaving that region to rust, hence the name.

Then I started spending extended time in other parts of the country who had found the balance between a healthy economy and healthy living. I saw it was possible with strong leadership, clear messages, and community-minded people. I had to see it on the macro scale personally to realize it wasn't an "all or none" concept.

The same thing can be said now. Its impossible for us to understand what all areas of the country, let alone the world, are experiencing with this. So if our own little corner doesn't look any different than previous flu outbreaks, its hard to comprehend on the surface the full picture. We obviously can't visit everywhere to get that firsthand understanding. But we can listen to many voices of those directly seeing things and take their words at face value, if they have earned that trust. ANY politician in my opinion has not- they do not have the education or experience to properly process this situation. Leave that to the virologists, doctors, medical staff, and researchers who literally have dedicated lives to understanding disease.

I don't doubt that LeBron James understands basketball on a level I never will- thats no different than the head of the CDC having infinitely more knowledge on this than anyone on The Hill. There shouldn't be discussion- there should simply be a list of recommendations by health professionals worldwide and then implementation by governments.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-26 16:22:08
Link | Citer | R

I wash my *** after shitting like any civilized person should.

Oooo and i thought it was just me that was weird by washing after "that".

So many co workers likes to take their crap at work, wondering if it was normal spending like 6, 7h with their *** dirtied as i just dont feel confortable with that at all.

Well i feel like an european now.
By Odinz 2020-03-26 16:58:32
Link | Citer | R

China has successfully flattened the curve in phase 1.
The rest of the world appears to be entering catastrophic phase; thats the boom in the "case,case,cluster,cluster BOOM" spread process, meaning its going to reach 80% of the population on this planet by early to mid May.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-26 17:03:28
Link | Citer | R

According to China.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-26 17:23:59
Link | Citer | R

IMO regarless which curve, i consider, given enough medical care for all, the population susceptible to covid-19 is the same either in the flattened curve or the non-flattened. If thats true, the area below both curves should be the same. Thats just raw darwinism.

The real problem is the lack of medical care, that will lead to more deaths that suposelly could be prevented if the proper care was given. But the one to be blame is not the virus (for killing people that suposelly could survive).
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-26 17:34:06
Link | Citer | R

IMO regarless which curve, i consider, given enough medical care for all, the population susceptible to covid-19 is the same either in the flattened curve or the non-flattened. If thats true, the area below both curves should be the same. Thats just raw darwinism.

The real problem is the lack of medical care, that will lead to more deaths that suposelly could be prevented if the proper care was given. But the one to be blame is not the virus (for killing people that suposelly could survive).

quite accurate, but at the same time impossible to maintain the "solution". We can't afford in any scenario the health care resources required to always answer this level of usage at any moment. There's not enough trained staff even if we could throw all the money in the world at more equipment and facilities. And it would be impossible to maintain all those facilities for a two per century occurrence. If we need say 3 times the staff now than we usually do, what do the other 2/3rd's do outside of times of pandemic?

It makes a whole lot more sense to improve our rapid-response time in regards to containment, good public practices to reduce spread and initial contagion in the first place, and improve our overall infrastructure to one that is both more potent and yet maintainable financially. If every 50 or so years we gotta do a little work over a short time vs decades of commitment we cannot hope to maintain, seems pretty easy to me- if people just do a LITTLE.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-03-26 21:08:21
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Andret said: »

I completely agree with the wash your *** after shitting. It's inconceivable we still copy China like a moron after 1000 years.

This also demonstrate small democratic vs large totalitarian government. China was like

"You sick? No? Let me beat the ***out of you! Talk! Who did you come into contact with!? Lock this guy to his room. If anyone comes out of his room, beat him with a stick and throw him back in. Human Rights? What's that?"

US was like

"Yeah! Social distant! Self isolation! I got you bro! Gotta take my dog out for a walk on the beach like everyone else bro. Dog is missing his usual walk."
Well to be honest, in France, in Paris (and around Paris), people at first didn't care and kept going out. They still go to parks and stuff even now.
People living on the coast do the same, they go on the beach and ***.
I live in the second city of the country but for some reason people are more disciplined here, streets are empty at all time.

Personally, I go out once a week to resupply my weekly food/needs, I pick up stuff for my family members too (they live in the neighborhood) and that's it. I usually spend 30min outside at most, supermarket is across the street.

I don't even go on my balcony, I open the window because it's been warm at times, that's it. 0 sign in my whole family.
I don't wear gloves or any mask, but I do wash my hands MANY times daily and I'm basically covered in soap all the time from showers, anyway. Probably why I've been fine.
I haven't physically met any friend or people in the past 2 weeks, the supermarket has been empty every time I go.

I wash my *** after shitting like any civilized person should.

Oooo and i thought it was just me that was weird by washing after "that".

So many co workers likes to take their crap at work, wondering if it was normal spending like 6, 7h with their *** dirtied as i just dont feel confortable with that at all.

Well i feel like an european now.
You are an honorary European.

But to be honest, most Europeans don't do that. The only people I've met that do this as a habit were people from Maghreb, where they have this custom of having a water tap in their toilet so that they can wash their *** when they ***. Kind of like Japanese toilets, I guess.

I've been considering adding this option to my toilets now that I own my own place. It's so convenient and such a good feel to have a clean butthole.

That being said, I've always taken my shits at work simply because I'm paid to do so. At the end of the year, realizing that you've been paid thousands of dollars to ***is pretty *** funny. It's a matter of principle. I can always wash my butt 1/2h later at home, or better, bring baby wipes with you and you're fine for longer!
By Ruaumoko 2020-03-26 22:23:41
Link | Citer | R

Odinz said: »
The rest of the world appears to be entering catastrophic phase; thats the boom in the "case,case,cluster,cluster BOOM" spread process, meaning its going to reach 80% of the population on this planet by early to mid May.
I would not trust any statistics or claims coming out of China, none. The CCP was directly responsible for the mass outbreak of this pandemic, they're still desperately scrambling to cover this up and/or pass the blame to the USA (work that one out...).

They're deliberately hiding the true fatality figures because... and this is something the CCP would absolutely do... they've been killing people with the virus when it overwhelmed Wuhan. The CCP could have a major problem and direct threat to their grip on China if this was confirmed.
[+]
By Afania 2020-03-26 22:42:04
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
Odinz said: »
I would not trust any statistics or claims coming out of China, none. The CCP was directly responsible for the mass outbreak of this pandemic, they're still desperately scrambling to cover this up and/or pass the blame to the USA (work that one out...).

Maybe the number isn't always 100% accurate but I'm sure the curve has been flattened. I mean, when you have police forcing people to stay at home with violence how can it not work?

The target of their "USA's fault" propaganda is people living in China, not people living outside of the great firewall. It will work on some people because there will be "Kireek" in every country.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 129 130 131