First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 237 238 239
 Phoenix.Logical
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-01-18 08:56:16
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Phoenix.Logical said: »
Question, what are the Augments on each item? I keep hearing of people upgrading to R10, R15... but what are the stats on the item your upgrading? I've been waiting for someone to post info on the Augments that are available for these and I'm just not seeing it. Most curious what's on Cosite Bodhar and SMN Ammo as far as augments go but I'm sure others will be interested in what the RP gets you on the other items as well. Thanks!

Augment thread

Matching augments is kinda intuitive, but I did it for you anyway.

Oh it was in another thread entirely all along. Thanks so much Simon! Hmmmm... most are rather underwhelming. Still useful just not as good as I was hoping I guess. SMN ammo is a minor upgrade.
Daken on that tanking Katana is interesting. Beithir had potential but those augs are meh. Added attack and str on the Cosite is nice but was hoping for something else TBH. Seeing that thread it looks like those original third set of augments would have made these amazing but doesn't look like any of that materialized. Thx again Simon!
By SimonSes 2021-01-18 08:58:39
Link | Citer | R

Seeing that thread it looks like those original third set of augments would have made these amazing but doesn't look like any of that materialized. Thx again Simon!

Keep in mind its VERY VERY possible that those items will get third augment on R21-25 (same as they are getting 2nd augment at R16-20)
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-01-18 09:13:36
Link | Citer | R

Seeing that thread it looks like those original third set of augments would have made these amazing but doesn't look like any of that materialized. Thx again Simon!

Keep in mind its VERY VERY possible that those items will get third augment on R21-25 (same as they are getting 2nd augment at R16-20)

Oh! OK very true... that would be quite incredible then if those did materialize... looks like it may be worth it in the end then. Cool thx!
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Serveur: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-01-18 11:37:00
Link | Citer | R

Augment thread

Matching augments is kinda intuitive, but I did it for you anyway.

All of these match up with jpwiki. Adding them to BG.

Also added the NM correlation to the Odyssey page.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-18 19:28:21
Link | Citer | R

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news26295.shtml

Quote:
Reopening of Odyssey’s “Sheol: Gaol” (Jan. 18)

The issues in “Sheol: Gaol” from the battle content “Odyssey” have been addressed in the data update preformed on Jan. 18, 2020 1:45 (PST), and the content has now been reopened on Jan. 18, 2020 2:52 (PST).

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
By SimonSes 2021-01-18 19:51:48
Link | Citer | R

Whats the number of opened Aurum for max MM in path B and A?
By Guyford 2021-01-18 19:55:47
Link | Citer | R

Whats the number of opened Aurum for max MM in path B and A?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-19 01:59:52
Link | Citer | R

Does anybody know what they fixed in Sheol: Gaol?
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-01-19 02:01:58
Link | Citer | R

not sure if its a known thing or not, but when we entered to do a base nm our whm got locked out of casting. He didnt say anything until pulled so didnt spend time troubleshooting. Only happened 1 out of 5 nms we did.
 Asura.Jdove
Serveur: Asura
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-01-19 02:13:13
Link | Citer | R

All this new gear looks nice and all but is there really a point to getting it other than making odyssey itself easier and for epeen purposes? All the other content is severely over powered by gear creep already, if this is the only content its useful for whats the point?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-19 03:00:30
Link | Citer | R

Using that logic, what's the point of any gear increases past Reisenjima if all the content after then can be completed with gear from Reisenjima?
By SimonSes 2021-01-19 04:06:22
Link | Citer | R

The whole idea of mmorpg battle content is to get better gear to:
1. Beat new content easier
2. Beat old content faster
3. Beat old content using fewer resources

Since ffxi is mostly horizontal progression you won't always need gear from new content to beat next future content (like it is in vertical progression games like ffxiv), but the general idea is the same, but in ffxi better gear not always come from newest content, but rather from a lot of content, because in horizonal progression better gear means more gear with specific uses (and in extension also more jobs available to play with good gear), so you can be better prepared for everything.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-01-19 04:28:57
Link | Citer | R

reported the zone lag and missing sylvie trust on the OF, hopefully it can be fixed. first and only entrance so far into gaol and it was a bummer.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-01-19 09:09:27
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Using that logic, what's the point of any gear increases past Reisenjima if all the content after then can be completed with gear from Reisenjima?
I know its just an example but there's a lot more to keep you busy in resijima than there is in odyssey, odyssey lasts for 30 mins and you are done. I don't disagree with you, but its gonna take more than odyssey to scratch my itch for content to build the motivation to justify grinding rank upgrades for the next year to only need it for a few minutes each day.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-19 11:15:04
Link | Citer | R

It's not game-breaking gear, and the content is sidequest-type, so you don't really need to do it if you don't want to. You admit that it is only 30 minutes/day, so it's not much of a problem to do every other day for an hour or so. Can burn bosses on the weekend after you built up a lot of segments. The grind for the augments is long, but some of the base items are pretty good. I know a few people who just got clears for the gear and build up segments for sometime later. You really don't need to get into the grind if you don't want to. I chose not to do Mog Gardens for years, because IMO it was horrible content to lock rewards behind. I regret doing that because now I am Rank6 furrows and have been there seemingly forever, and Ygnas would have been nice to have.

Idk, I kinda see it almost the exact same style as Domain Invasion. Short, progressive content you can do at your leisure. I actually said this before Odyssey was implemented but right after it was announced:

I wouldn't be upset if it's a WoE entry style where you can go solo (with trusts) or in groups to accomplish a common goal, that way it can be done at your leisure or with friends.

Good thing about FFXI is there is a number of things to do, and they appeal to different groups. This content appeals to a mix of solo and small groups. I actually like the opportunity to group up with people for short events. It's a nice change from soloing Odyssey every day. SE doesn't make one kind of content, so it never appeals to everybody all of the time.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-01-19 14:00:56
Link | Citer | R

So has there been any indication as to why we would ever want to go through the process of changing jobs mid run? Is there any benefit at all to fighting two nms in a row on different jobs rather than just exiting and re-entering; aside from a possible few minutes saved in the re-queue line? Apparently you don't even get a bonus to rank points for a second kill going the different jobs rout (unless that was what they changed in yesterday's patch, but somehow I doubt it). I'm really struggling to figure out why they would implement such an arbitrary and restrictive system when it's so easily circumvented, because there doesn't seem to be any penalty in doing so nor benefit to working with the restrictions.
By Pantafernando 2021-01-19 14:06:40
Link | Citer | R

It's not game-breaking gear, and the content is sidequest-type, so you don't really need to do it if you don't want to. You admit that it is only 30 minutes/day, so it's not much of a problem to do every other day for an hour or so. Can burn bosses on the weekend after you built up a lot of segments. The grind for the augments is long, but some of the base items are pretty good. I know a few people who just got clears for the gear and build up segments for sometime later. You really don't need to get into the grind if you don't want to. I chose not to do Mog Gardens for years, because IMO it was horrible content to lock rewards behind. I regret doing that because now I am Rank6 furrows and have been there seemingly forever, and Ygnas would have been nice to have.

Idk, I kinda see it almost the exact same style as Domain Invasion. Short, progressive content you can do at your leisure. I actually said this before Odyssey was implemented but right after it was announced:

I wouldn't be upset if it's a WoE entry style where you can go solo (with trusts) or in groups to accomplish a common goal, that way it can be done at your leisure or with friends.

Good thing about FFXI is there is a number of things to do, and they appeal to different groups. This content appeals to a mix of solo and small groups. I actually like the opportunity to group up with people for short events. It's a nice change from soloing Odyssey every day. SE doesn't make one kind of content, so it never appeals to everybody all of the time.

Are you doing multiples gardenings with revival roots/arborscent seeds?

Furrows are so so bothersome but it can be the fastest requirement if youre commited to it. Because in theory, you can complete it from 6 to 7 in 4 days.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-19 14:18:03
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Are you doing multiples gardenings with revival roots/arborscent seeds?

I was doing revival roots several times a day, but didn't get an upgrade. I assumed maybe i was doing something wrong, so I went back to grain seeds because I got tired of constantly checking furrows 5x a day. Maybe I should go back to that. It has been close to 4 months, doing it every day, and I have not increased from R6 to R7
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-19 14:19:25
Link | Citer | R

It takes a lot, from the moment you get 3 rows, it takes 130 plantings (roughly) (5x a day for... 26 days)

Moogle will tell you if you ask him your XXX/512

(tidbits of info about the garden)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-19 14:21:56
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
So has there been any indication as to why we would ever want to go through the process of changing jobs mid run?

Early indication is no incentive for doing 3 in a row. It's hard to believe this restriction was imply just to impose some challenge on players and didn't actually provide a chain bonus to multiple NMs. I have suggested it a few times, someone may need to do 3x in a row Veng+15 NM clears and report the RP gained from doing all 3. I still havent seen anybody say they have done that part, so we can't say for certain that there is no bonus. However, if you don't have many segments to spend and only want to use your Moglophone IIs on one particular item for RP, you can just use them 1 by 1 that way.

I think a chain bonus would be appropriate, so long as there isn't a penalty for solo players who only want to prioritize one and then exit, saving points exclusively for the NM they are farming.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-19 14:23:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Moogle will tell you if you ask him your XXX/512

I complained forever to friends about this and nobody told me I could see my progress like this... freaking wow. Had no idea. smfh 398 atm. Eiryl is a hero, yall suck xD
[+]
By Guyford 2021-01-19 16:50:50
Link | Citer | R

Just killed 3 NMs in a row, Butterly +10, Acuex +10, Matamata +5, gave standard RP, 192 192 68.
[+]
By Taint 2021-01-19 17:06:28
Link | Citer | R

An easy fix/update to this event would be to have the entry be 3000 but you can do up to 3 mobs with their job limiting system.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Serveur: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-01-19 17:24:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kusare said: »
reported the zone lag and missing sylvie trust on the OF, hopefully it can be fixed. first and only entrance so far into gaol and it was a bummer.

Is it just Sylvie that's missing? Or are Unity trusts not being available a "feature"?

edit: I use Sylvie and also noticed it missing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-19 18:23:11
Link | Citer | R

Can't use any UC. I have no idea why, it's probably some crappy coding behind it. I still would like to know what they fixed with the zone.
 Asura.Kusare
By Asura.Kusare 2021-01-19 18:34:42
Link | Citer | R

Can't use any UC. I have no idea why, it's probably some crappy coding behind it. I still would like to know what they fixed with the zone.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news26294.shtml
someone was having fun with rp.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Creecreelo 2021-01-19 20:12:46
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet in the thread, but it seems they've fixed the issue where selecting some T2 NMs in the list would bring you to a different T2 NM.

I was unlocking Schere Earring on a different char last night and picking Gigelorum actually brought me to Gigelorum, as opposed to last week.

As for the trust stuff, I think the reason why they don't allow UC Trusts is because it appears Trusts are actually shared among all party members. Last week when doing this in a party, I was able to summon Monber/Ygnas despite not having them unlocked yet; this was because one of our party members had Monber/Ygnas. I gave party leader to a melee DD (who also didn't have Monber/Ygnas) to summon trusts and he too was able to summon Monber and Ygnas.

I'm guessing they don't want people to share UC Trusts or have multiple UC Trusts out at the same time? It's nice that you can essentially share valuable, time-gated trusts like Monber and Ygnas, but not being able to summon Sylvie or Yoran is frustrating.
[+]
 Asura.Kusare
By Asura.Kusare 2021-01-19 20:26:04
Link | Citer | R

so many *** up design decisions in gaol
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 237 238 239