Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 175 176 177
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-03-10 17:41:25
Link | Citer | R

Grape daifuku just became my preferred smn food. Probably my default bst food also.

Makes me want to make sure I have hqs also.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
Serveur: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-03-10 19:43:12
Link | Citer | R

So, who's going to make bean daifuku +1 for our pet tanks? It would be nice if it had enmity+ for the pet. Someone post on the official forums.
By Felgarr 2020-03-10 19:55:13
Link | Citer | R

Can we come to agreement here on new pets?

Crude Raphie 119 Base (+5 levels, 124 with 5/5 Beast Affinity)
Faithful Falcor with Fantod 119 Base (+5 levels, 124 with 5/5 Beast Affinity)
Droopy Dortwin Rabbit w/Wild Ganashe, Wild Carrot Base (+5 levels, 124 with 5/5 Beast Affinity)
By shamgi 2020-03-10 21:18:41
Link | Citer | R

I think another thing to ask that's more limited in scope is just some changes on the charge cost of ready moves.

Like moving some of the level 2 chain moves into 1 ready move so they can keep up with us in SCing, or having the two level 3 chains have their damage scale with TP rather then the status effect so the pets can produce good damage while closing.

Just a look at the current ready moves to buff some of them up to make them decently comparable to WSs.
 Asura.Nyarlko
Serveur: Asura
user: Nyarlko
By Asura.Nyarlko 2020-03-10 23:23:53
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
Added a like. Pondering Peter is 118 cap IIRC, needs it too. I'd love to see one of the rabbits get Wild Ginseng from Rarabs in Monstrosity. Blink, Haste, Protect, Shell, Regen.

Edit: Gooey Gerard (Slug) as well.
Thanks for the like! :D Really hope that it catches the devs' attention.

According to page 1 of this guide, Peter caps at 119. Wild Ginseng probably wouldn't qualify as a potential Ready move since it's Monstrosity/NM's-only and would honestly be stupidly OP.

Gerard doesn't qualify for the criteria I set, mainly being unique or bringing something unique. Generous Arthur exists, so Gerard is a non-priority compared to the others on the list.
 Asura.Nyarlko
user: Nyarlko
By Asura.Nyarlko 2020-03-10 23:33:25
Link | Citer | R

Would like to point out to everyone that they've actually opened the doors for feedback on BST pets in the Dev Q&A thread here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56550

They are asking for feedback specifically in answer to the questions that they requested feedback for, and here are the ones we care about:
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
1.) Will you consider removing the level cap from our pets to match our Item-Level? Our hope is to enjoy increased variety with pet selection. (The current pet selection is very limiting for Su5 Beastmasters and the pet offering in November has zero value when compared to previously released pets). If you would add a unique pet to REM weapons for Beastmaster, similar to COR/RNG bullet pouches that would help us considerably. If those pets offered a unique buff to the Beastmaster, I would be ecstatic.

Matsui: We could remove the level cap for the beastmaster pets, but think we can add new jugs as well. By doing that we can add more features as well. So if you have any specific jugs you'd like to see, please let us know. You could also suggest higher-tier version of existing pets as well.

Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by larrymc View Post
SE has said that they want BST to play along side pet. Any plans to introduce gear that boosts or defends both master and pet simultaneously?

Matsui: We'll look into this! It may be included as part of Empyrean gear upgrade, but would you be fine with this? (By having it a job-specific gear, it'll allow us adding features more freely.)

Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
Beastmasters have frequently expressed problems with activating job abilities for pets. Could we get clarification as to why Beastmaster requires extreme penalties to follow vision and why it was not required for other jobs? Examples being Ninja tanking or White Mage changes to increase Afflatus Misery usage. Thank you.

*The Development team has previously responded regarding activation of job abilities for pets here.

Matsui: If you mean by adding various characteristics to the pet, such as making your pets take a role of tanks or attacker, then it won't go against the characteristic of the beastmasters' job, so we could consider this. If you feel beastmasters are lacking in this aspect, we'd like you to share your feedback regarding this.

However, please note that we consider the performance of the master and the pet as one, so having it take multiple roles will never outperform other jobs who's specifically made for that specific role.
By shamgi 2020-03-10 23:54:28
Link | Citer | R

Ok, just went into an Odyssey and discovered some things:

1. You can charm things in there. Things seemed to be fairly simple to charm, and Charm+ gear meant that my dhalmel stayed charmed 15+ minutes.

2.Charmed pets seem to be quite strong. Beyond the normal HP, they seemed to have fairly high damage, hitting other mobs in their own pack for 4-600 a swing, with crits as high as 900. My Dhalmel once used Berserk and those numbers got pretty big, same with their Sound Wave move. My record was a crit for 1500 or so. This is with NQ food and no other pet related buffs. I had one crawler end up at 74% when it killed another crawler in the pack, likely benefiting from all the DA and Haste.

3. Pets seem quite effective at killing the Halos. They hit hard already, but notably, they aggro nothing, not even the Beastmen around the Halos when doing so. The Halo produces a damaging AOE every couple of seconds that was hitting for 200 or so, but the pet, with it's 40k+ HP, doesn't care at all. Indeed, I left the pet to it's own devices and killed other packs with trusts while it worked the halo down itself, which actually seemed quite nice. When it died, the Orcs around it didn't aggro, so it was easy to pull them one by one, as they don't link either.

4. Mob spawns are random, which can hurt this strat, but from two runs a majority of the packs seem charmable, and many of them are often pretty powerful. Given the strat above, I feel like a monk style pet would be best here.

Overall, I'm super interested in trying this with a full group where you can use the pet to deal with adds while you work on a pack yourself and to safely kill Halos while you clear other things.

One issue was Sic, the recast was way worse than I remembered, and my lua isn't set up at all to deal with it. My best guess is to just set up my gearswap to always produce a physical damage set for Sic and then just use pets who focus physical damage with their TP moves. If it's a buff move, then no big deal, if it's physical then it's the right set.
[+]
By Mavrickx 2020-03-11 15:59:08
Link | Citer | R

But how does charmed pet compare to jug pet? I cant see regular charmed pets being more efficient than Jug pets unless jug pets are dieing so fast that charmed pet's HP become a factor. And even then its a drawn out fight since your relying more on auto attack damage instead of ready moves.
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-03-11 17:44:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nyarlko said: »
Thanks for the like! :D Really hope that it catches the devs' attention.

According to page 1 of this guide, Peter caps at 119. Wild Ginseng probably wouldn't qualify as a potential Ready move since it's Monstrosity/NM's-only and would honestly be stupidly OP.

Gerard doesn't qualify for the criteria I set, mainly being unique or bringing something unique. Generous Arthur exists, so Gerard is a non-priority compared to the others on the list.

I was using the BGWiki to look at jug pets. I trust Falkirk more so it's likely wrong. Whoops on slug. I mixed up the slugs and I thought someone complained about slug being under cap. That's my fault.

I don't see how Blink, Haste, Protect, Shell and Regen is OP. Given what they already have as TP moves. I'll just ask it myself. I gotta clarify that I wasn't asking for NIN tank pets anyway.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-13 09:28:50
Link | Citer | R

Evalach +1 is not a bad shield for BST after taking a closer look at it. Huge HP bonus that you can pair with a Pangu for a whopping +322HP. The base DT-4 is helpful, and Enmity +6 probably not harmful with Snarl. The smaller bonuses to MP, Shield Skill, Acc/Macc/MAB are all helpful to BST in one way or another, depending on what you're doing. I'd say that shield is great for BST overall.

There are still 2 other shields from Unity that BST can wear, so there is still hope that they give one of those (or the axes) some relevant pet stats to make them competitive.
By Spaitin 2020-03-14 12:51:54
Link | Citer | R

Those new shields will need some outrageous stat boosts on them to make them competitive. Maybe tp bonus 500 or something.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-03-14 16:23:08
Link | Citer | R

shield is only good for Primal Rend / Cloudsplitter Fencer Build.
By shamgi 2020-03-17 19:25:02
Link | Citer | R

Recent accomplishments.
[+]
 Sylph.Snk
Serveur: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2020-03-17 20:07:05
Link | Citer | R

I'm actually kind of jealous. I had thought to buy this HQ set but never pulled the trigger.
By shamgi 2020-03-17 21:22:16
Link | Citer | R

Yea, just now to figure out a way to use it.

I think I'm going to do a setup where I build to AM3 with Aymur and then swap to the set once it's going to take full advantage of the crit chance. Curious what the DPS will look like with it going.

Gerdr Belt brings total Crit to 44%, so it's a question of if the white damage can make up for the slower TP speed.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-03-22 23:05:19
Link | Citer | R

shamgi said: »
Yea, just now to figure out a way to use it.

I think I'm going to do a setup where I build to AM3 with Aymur and then swap to the set once it's going to take full advantage of the crit chance. Curious what the DPS will look like with it going.

Gerdr Belt brings total Crit to 44%, so it's a question of if the white damage can make up for the slower TP speed.

I think unfortunately that BST's WS damage (you'd use either Mistral Axe or Primal Rend for magical WS with Aymur) is too high against damage to make white damage build viable, but I think it's neat considering it at least. The jobs where white damage builds are solid (WAR, MNK) have much higher base weapon/crit damage and attacks per round.
By Spaitin 2020-03-23 13:24:05
Link | Citer | R

shamgi said: »
a setup where I build to AM3 with Aymur and then swap to the set once it's going to take full advantage of the crit chance.
I found Farsha performs better than aymur for the purpose of white dmg.
By shamgi 2020-03-24 02:23:29
Link | Citer | R

I'm largely considering situations where both I and the pet are dealing damage, which is why I'm leaning towards Aymur rather than a Farsha.

Using pets like the Sheep or the Boar allow you to double dip on the white damage, and the fact that Heyoka gets a pet to max haste without any extra pieces lets you focus on yourself while still having the pet avoid being too gimped by a master focused setup.

I was more interested in the Sheep, as Rage can help cover the loss of any ATK on the Heyoka set, and you can Smash Axe > Sheep Charge > Mistral for full light. It's largely a question of how much damage the two of you will produce otherwise that's the question of the day.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-03-25 14:24:39
Link | Citer | R

The slugs ooze is about the same as rage for the pdif ratio. Not to mention the attack down. Overall the ooze is much better. It makes you AND the party hit harder and much more durable. it is about the same as a 49% increase to attack and defense. Pretty easy to 3 step on bst without the pet tbh, and with doli it will do MUCH more dmg than aymur.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Serveur: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-05-02 15:28:24
Link | Citer | R

Question:

BST/WAR w/Pangu Path:C @2000TP(Fencer&Gifts included), what should be the best WS? Would that change @3k TP? With Chaos/Sam rolls?

Thanks!
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2020-05-02 16:41:58
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Unagihito said: »
Question:

BST/WAR w/Pangu Path:C @2000TP(Fencer&Gifts included), what should be the best WS? Would that change @3k TP? With Chaos/Sam rolls?

Thanks!

It should be Mistral Axe but a few pages back some people were saying Calamity was good (adds VIT mod but lower fTP). Mistral does more for me but maybe my Calamity set could use a little work.

Not what you asked but Aymur with /NIN and TP bonus offhand should be better overall dps even compared to Pangu A or B IMO if you really want to use something other than Ambu axe and Decimation.
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-05-09 15:42:39
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have Gutler (Aug) build? How does it compare to Dolichenus?
By Spaitin 2020-05-10 12:27:54
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Andret said: »
Does anyone have Gutler (Aug) build? How does it compare to Dolichenus?

For dealing damage? WAYYYYY behind.
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-05-10 15:15:14
Link | Citer | R

Really? Man, I thought with at least 40% WSD, 200+ atk and 68% damage bonus it would do something.
By Spaitin 2020-05-10 17:04:45
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Andret said: »
Really? Man, I thought with at least 40% WSD, 200+ atk and 68% damage bonus it would do something.
Even with all of that, onslaught isnt even close to your best WS with that weapon.
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2020-06-04 00:45:41
Link | Citer | R

The forced Ready delay is too long. It's not a noticeable dps improvement during Unleash unless you are spamming 2 charge or 3 card moves.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ardentblaze
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Ardentblaze 2020-06-10 03:49:02
Link | Citer | R

I have a question about the main page Decimation set. In the set, I can see it's focused on multi attack and STR, which is understandable as its a multi hit WS with a STR modifier.

But Argosy +1 hands path A is: 12STR 12DEX 20Att And Path D: 20STR 3DA and 3Haste

With using Rage from Sheep would it be best to go the DA route or is the attack still necessary? Also would the DA with the argosy feet +1 be better as well?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-10 04:23:38
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Ardentblaze said: »
I have a question about the main page Decimation set. In the set, I can see it's focused on multi attack and STR, which is understandable as its a multi hit WS with a STR modifier.

But Argosy +1 hands path A is: 12STR 12DEX 20Att And Path D: 20STR 3DA and 3Haste

With using Rage from Sheep would it be best to go the DA route or is the attack still necessary? Also would the DA with the argosy feet +1 be better as well?

I asked something similar a few pages back. Falkirk's response

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I noticed the set for Decimation recently changed on the front page. Is this due to safety reasons or because it's truly BIS?

It was based on feedback that full Argosy was unsafe and less necessary with attack buffs. Credit goes to these folks.

Depending on your buffs and if you're using rage, YMMV
By Spaitin 2020-06-11 18:02:16
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Ardentblaze said: »
Rage from Sheep
Dont use rage from sheep. Use ooze from slug. Cant be resisted, and improves party DPS AND durability. Potency are about the same between the two. Spamming ready moves is actually a net loss in DPS for decimation builds.

Also, go the DA route if you play in a group. Bst actually caps attack fairly easily in a group. Mobs will have something like 95% defense down.

If you only play solo... ew.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 175 176 177