Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 211 212 213 ... 242 243 244
By SimonSes 2022-12-31 12:52:55
Link | Citer | R

Seems strange that ppl can't beat Regen on Arebati, because at V20 it was going down almost too fast and tank sometimes couldnt handle hate and WS wall changes almost nothing, because you could simply use Detonator on COR and keep Arma/LastStand on RNG or do LastStand on COR and Gandiva/Jishnu on RNG.

Anyway you can do

KI 1:
WHM BST DRG SMN NIN PUP

Try Purulent, then apply corrosive+DiaII and Killer Instinct and do 15% more with NIN Ullr, SMN BP and DRG running in and out for TP and doing 2500+ Impulse Drives. Arebati needs to put up aura here, so RDM can apply Bind in second fight.

K1 2:
RUN DNC RDM MNK BLU WAR

RUN tank pig by kiting with Gravity II. Apply shell crusher + Dia III + Box Step. DNC Asuran, MNK whatever, WAR Judgment, BLU Black Halo. BLU heals if needed, but with kiting none should be needed.
RDM holds Arebati with Bind. With Aura up Arebati should be super weak against ice based debuffs. Kill pig.

KI 3:
PLD RNG COR GEO SCH BRD

Full buffs. Zerg Arebati. Bolster Barrier/Fury at 40%, Caper at 41%, so BRD can hold add, but shadowbind as much as possible anyway.
 Asura.Hya
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-12-31 13:21:22
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Seems strange that ppl can't beat Regen on Arebati, because at V20 it was going down almost too fast and tank sometimes couldnt handle hate and WS wall changes almost nothing, because you could simply use Detonator on COR and keep Arma/LastStand on RNG or do LastStand on COR and Gandiva/Jishnu on RNG.

Anyway you can do

KI 1:
WHM BST DRG SMN NIN PUP

Try Purulent, then apply corrosive+DiaII and Killer Instinct and do 15% more with NIN Ullr, SMN BP and DRG running in and out for TP and doing 2500+ Impulse Drives. Arebati needs to put up aura here, so RDM can apply Bind in second fight.

K1 2:
RUN DNC RDM MNK BLU WAR

RUN tank pig by kiting with Gravity II. Apply shell crusher + Dia III + Box Step. DNC Asuran, MNK whatever, WAR Judgment, BLU Black Halo. BLU heals if needed, but with kiting none should be needed.
RDM holds Arebati with Bind. With Aura up Arebati should be super weak against ice based debuffs. Kill pig.

KI 3:
PLD RNG COR GEO SCH BRD

Full buffs. Zerg Arebati. Bolster Barrier/Fury at 40%, Caper at 41%, so BRD can hold add, but shadowbind as much as possible anyway.
This all sounds great. What sort of damage is your first team putting out? How much HP do the T3 adds have on V25? You were able to kill one within one Moglophone with only medium amounts of buffs?
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-12-31 13:47:49
Link | Citer | R

None, he's theory crafting afaik. He's in my LS and we have n't done T3s in Inquisition yet (the Gunslingers portion has) and he's in some of my EU friends LS, and they have n't climbed yet afaik. Plus i'm sure RL is busy for him lately XD

Coming up with setups is one thing, seeing how they unfold in an actual fight/attempt is another.

Edit: That being said, this is a great idea that he posted :P and has possibly been tried already
[+]
By Lilllith 2022-12-31 14:15:32
Link | Citer | R

Anyway you can do

KI 1:
WHM BST DRG SMN NIN PUP

K1 2:
RUN DNC RDM MNK BLU WAR

KI 3:
PLD RNG COR GEO SCH BRD

Just poking holes in the theory.
1st KI The BST wont land ooze without Unda Rayke. Maybe if you use unleashed and get lucky with ML40 + full empy +3 armor set.
Dont think you can take it down 25% with that setup

2nd KI This setup can probably kill the pig but is contingent on 1st fight being able to bring it down to 75%

3rd KI Possible if 1 Pig is killed from 2nd KI
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-31 14:56:11
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
None, he's theory crafting afaik. He's in my LS and we have n't done T3s in Inquisition yet (the Gunslingers portion has) and he's in some of my EU friends LS, and they have n't climbed yet afaik. Plus i'm sure RL is busy for him lately XD

Coming up with setups is one thing, seeing how they unfold in an actual fight/attempt is another.

Edit: That being said, this is a great idea that he posted :P and has possibly been tried already

Yes, armchair generals are not the kind of people you want leading your wars. These fights you can put some elaborate thought behind a strategy that makes reasonable sense on paper. But executing that strategy is not nearly as simple as it looks in a few short paragraphs. Just because a strategy works in theory doesn't mean these NM don't just give you the middle finger anyways. It's actually quite frustrating putting together a plan on paper and then going in and none of it materializes the way it should have. And that's not even getting into the plan on who is going to play what jobs. That's an even bigger hurdle to overcome, especially since sometimes the jobs don't always line up on your best players.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-12-31 15:21:07
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Yes, armchair generals are not the kind of people you want leading your wars. These fights you can put some elaborate thought behind a strategy that makes reasonable sense on paper. But executing that strategy is not nearly as simple as it looks in a few short paragraphs. Just because a strategy works in theory doesn't mean these NM don't just give you the middle finger anyways. It's actually quite frustrating putting together a plan on paper and then going in and none of it materializes the way it should have. And that's not even getting into the plan on who is going to play what jobs. That's an even bigger hurdle to overcome, especially since sometimes the jobs don't always line up on your best players.

I'm not armchair general. I actively play 18 jobs, so I know what you can do with most of them. I have 2 months old kid (1st is 5years old), so like Lex mentioned I'm super busy in RL. I have my Odyssey static, but we are not at A3 yet. That being said we probably won't be able to execute exactly that, because we might be lacking people with right jobs. If you really expect me to try every theory crafting I do, before I post it, then I'm afraid I will disappoint you. Its easier for me to find time to write on forum and I love theory crafting, so I will keep doing it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-31 15:21:28
Link | Citer | R

Do blood pacts get walled? Curious if AFAC can be used on Arebati with whichever the strongest piercing pet is (Siren?). Sirens favor also grants SB2, so there is definitely a benefit to including one in a chip setup.
By SimonSes 2022-12-31 15:46:34
Link | Citer | R

Lilllith said: »
1st KI The BST wont land ooze without Unda Rayke. Maybe if you use unleashed and get lucky with ML40 + full empy +3 armor set.

Unleash and full macc gear and pet macc food would probably be required to have a chance.

I think THF with mythic would be better than NIN in that setup and have much higher chance to get it to 75% with ullr and running in for SA Mandali Stabs.
 Asura.Hya
By Asura.Hya 2022-12-31 15:53:19
Link | Citer | R

If you are bringing BST and SMN, why are people running in and out all the time? Two sources of TP suppression should be enough to control TP moves, especially since nobody is feeding mad TP like RNG/COR do with guns.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-12-31 15:59:54
Link | Citer | R

Without Rayke, I land it on V25 Kalunga with a ML0 BST with no Empy +3 (5/5 Nyame, Agwu's axe, and good pet MACC in other slots except for back). It can take several attempts, which is why having Unleash is very helpful, but you don't need some crazy BST to land it.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-12-31 16:05:12
Link | Citer | R

They're talking Arebati, consider that ooze is water based. Kalunga is probably the easiest to land it on, just going by common sense.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-12-31 16:09:05
Link | Citer | R

Oh oops, been gone a while and was still thinking the conversation was on Kujah's Kalunga group and didn't read deep enough.
By SimonSes 2022-12-31 16:35:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hya said: »
If you are bringing BST and SMN, why are people running in and out all the time? Two sources of TP suppression should be enough to control TP moves, especially since nobody is feeding mad TP like RNG/COR do with guns.

Corossive ooze is very short duration and it's necessary to keep damage high enough. You need to recast it. You can't switch pets fast enough to do everything. Mewing would help but if you keep Siren out for piercing damage it would give subtle blow II, which would help a lot too. Also you want it to tp move few times because you need it to put fetter aura up, so it will be weak to bind for 2nd fight.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-31 17:10:54
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Do blood pacts get walled? Curious if AFAC can be used on Arebati with whichever the strongest piercing pet is (Siren?). Sirens favor also grants SB2, so there is definitely a benefit to including one in a chip setup.

Yes and no, they get the same effect they have in Dyna D. Damage will gradually go down unless the SMN switches between two different BP's.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-31 17:13:26
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, now that reentry will have the bosses start at the nearest 5% from it's lowest point, there is little reason to mess with that add on most of them. Unfortunately Arribati might be a special case.
By Lilllith 2022-12-31 18:35:24
Link | Citer | R

Unleash and full macc gear and pet macc food would probably be required to have a chance.

I think THF with mythic would be better than NIN in that setup and have much higher chance to get it to 75% with ullr and running in for SA Mandali Stabs.

Probably best to change the BST to DNC and NIN to thief for first KI. NIN can go the 2nd KI. Cause i highly doubt ooze will land.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-12-31 19:20:55
Link | Citer | R

You’ll need Rayke to get it to stick against most T3s except maybe Kalunga. Even at v20 and with pet rolls, landing it vs him wasn’t a guarantee and took some attempts.

We did get it to land vs Mboze at 25 with Rayke, though, despite it doing 0 dmg every time, the debuff still stuck.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-12-31 22:12:54
Link | Citer | R

I think someone beat tree, not sure how many KI:

https://twitter.com/kompakt_odin/status/1609042610676731905

WAR BLU RDM BRD COR WHM
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2023-01-01 02:28:52
Link | Citer | R

Have a video of our 2nd V25 bee clear, this run was remarkably smooth. it just sat there and died on the Vid.

Started off with: RDM COR BRD DRG WAR WHM (this setup can win) Trolled at 5%, 11%, etc

Then moved to: RDM COR BRD THF DRG WHM can also can win (we got Trolled at 5%, 6%, 1%)

Ended up with: GEO COR BRD DRG THF WHM on the video.

Terrible luck all night until the last fight lol.

Got about 25k RP on the night trying to clear it lolol :/

Xiu will probably post it at some point this weekend.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-01-01 04:26:40
Link | Citer | R

Reposting to avoid having to dig for this info:
Asura.Toralin said: »
Cleared Ongo v25 tonight, took quite a few tries 7? or 8 maybe.

Parse

Once we got in sync with skillchains and our plan we really think the only death aura is MAB down from 40->0. We had MAB down from 75->40 a couple times and its definetely beat able with that. You can power through mab down(75%-40%) with RUN+BLM ja/sp's

Also think a WC reset for Tabula Rusa with the way we did it was necessary for the win. Of course the manafont/subtle sorc/es/bolster also made things nicer as well.
BLM(ML43) Nuke set used:
ItemSet 389243

EDIT: BLM point of view.
Prep:5/5 earth merit, macc food crepe, make sure your FC set is 80% since no /sj. party bazaared Vile Elixir+1's Recoverburst(AF Coat) @35% MP
(buffs- hm/etude/etude/ballad/minne/sandstorm2/wizard/tact(for dd tp)/klima(maybe at start)
Dont blow uncessary JA like manawall/cascade/enmity douse, so you get your ES/manawell back with RD

Open with Vido for MDB down, instantly into ES>Manawell>Impact(the sc is already started as I am casting this) it will last 3 min.
RUN Gambit first SC
RUN Rayke second SC
after 3 total SCs; you should have it to 75% for the first 1hour, our time varied 11:30-12:00 min on clock.
Nuking per SC looked like stoneja/t6/t5/t4/t3/t2

During Scherzo SCH clicks over to LA and rebuffs embrava,
Once Scherzo is done, SCH starts skillchains back up, as first SC about to land bolster malaise/acumen entrust-int

BLM hold manafont/subtle until RUN's next Gambit/Rayke, especially if you have MAB down aura, you will need to couple these up to push it down effectively, this is the meat of the time of the battle, SCH will need RD for his books, everyone is getting in for RD. Bard for Nitro for Earth Threnody, Geo for entrust, everyone.

Repply ES impact as SCH restarting from RD, Chugging the ***out of Vile Elixir+1's the entire time

Hold it at approx 40-42% gather for wild card. Once wild card is done and everyone is back away proc it down for 40% and this is where it gets dicey with 2x adds. As long as you dont have MAB auro down, this is winnable. Burn always seem to land after the 2nd 1hour. We had about 3-5 min on the clock at this phase depending on if we had MAB down during 75-40. You must fully utilize the Rayke properly to get the last charge down.

COR will be pulling hate on the adds from rolling and RD seems to generate quite the enmity so be prepared for your COR to get smacked.

Tried to keep the color to BLM perspective on the fight but obviously there is tons going on. Everyone needs the proper JA gear ie: extended soulvoice/tabula/manafont, those things really make the difference.

TLDR& RIDE THE RAYKE!

One of the most fun battles I have had in recent memory.
AND
Bahamut.Mischief said: »

In addition to all the standard V25 changes (two adds at same %s as T1/T2, changing aura), Ongo takes ZERO physical damage. You need to use Tactician's Roll to extend skillchains now. We ended up using two separate 4-step Skillchains depending on who had TP: Aero -> Noctohelix -> Steel Cyclone -> Wildfire, or Aero -> Noctohelix -> Rudra's Storm -> Exudation.

Beyond that...between this new change and the increased HP/INT/DT/Regen of V25, it really feels like you need a ton of luck to win this. If either 1hr gives MAB Down aura, you lose (MACC aura can be powered through). If Wild Card doesn't hit 5 or 6, you probably lose (we got a 6 and still only had 2.5 mins left when it died). We only used 1 KI for this win, but considering the 0 physical damage thing I'm not sure how much multiple KIs would even help.

Wanted to re-iterate info here as well as ask for clarity on things. Hadn't attempted it until tonight.
Ongo takes 0 damage from physical period, so TPing via COR for 3 step "SCH > RUN grav > COR darkness" is no longer a thing.
If i'm understanding this, the idea is:
-New Skillchain for BLM/SCH is an A version and B version:
A: StratAero> StratNoctoHel > RUN SteelCyclone > COR Wildfire
B: StratAero> StratNoctoHel > BRD RudrasStorm > Geo Exudiation

In order to do this, SCH must keep regain on everyone, and COR must keep Tact on everyone? Additionally, does the COR need to separately do Warlocks on the SCH and BLM? (assuming the primary roll for everyone is Wizards of course)

How is the SCH keeping up Strats? seemed a little hectic for them. I understand that random deal resets + Tabula Rasa @75% for strats PLUS WC resetting Tabula is likely MANDATORY? Also the COR should be saving Earth Shot for opportune blm boosts? or just using Earth Shot in a STP set + EMPY +3 shoes as often as possible to maintain the skillchain?

BRD songs should be INT INT etudes, Ballad3, Minne5, Honor March under soul voice. Question: Why HM and not Victory for capped haste on mages? Additionally, and as the RUN no longer needs haste/acc for skillchaining, can give them double Lightning Carols in place of the Etudes for the Mages. On top of that, is the BRD even bothering to spam enmity (enmity gear debuffs) / kite the adds? in which case should they bother Sirvente + additional Minne'ing themselves? That was how i'd seen v20 approached... Or is it not even kited, and instead TP'd on by the BRD/GEO/COR for TP for the run up WS on Ongo for the skillchain? This isnt really clear in the posts.

It really seems like they reinvented the wheel on a few of these v25s, so just trying to get a crystal clear interpretation of what was successful. Sorry for the wall post here.
By Vaerix 2023-01-01 05:57:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
giant quote
instead TP'd on by the BRD/GEO/COR for TP for the run up WS on Ongo for the skillchain? This isnt really clear in the posts.

It really seems like they reinvented the wheel on a few of these v25s, so just trying to get a crystal clear interpretation of what was successful. Sorry for the wall post here.

So this hasn't been said at all before this but I'm wondering why the clear groups aren't using the add as a tp battery, I understand the rune can't use it but the brd and cor definitely could, and if the brd is running in for rudra's at all relying on tact/adlo seems really painful, vs having the brd melee the add, the cor shoot the add and just run sch grav > rudra > wildfire. I understand the first 25% having 2 sc's and having to rely on tact/adlo but after 75% the add is the perfect tp battery. Can someone from the group who have cleared explain why no one has mentioned tp'ing on the add or the issues you faced that made it not an option?

In my mind the cor could full time target the add for ranged attacks and just /ja "earth shot" <lastst> and /ws "wildfire" <lastst> as soon as they do 1 action on Ongo via stnpc(could even be an stnpc ranged attack at the start). I do understand the Tulfaire has access to a dispel tp move in plummage, is that the whole reason no one's tping on it?
By SimonSes 2023-01-01 06:29:16
Link | Citer | R

I assume whoever is on THF doesnt have good DNC?

WAR BLU RDM BRD COR WHM

Looks like just TP on add, Diffusion Barrier Tusk, maybe some TP reset from BLU, but definitely some TP move will go through, so fast WHM and YOLO. I would imagine WHM needs to be great for this, since people will get hit by Chapuli and Mboze, so WHM needs to keep top HP all the time on everyone or it's a wipe if Mboze will AoE, when someone is even below 90% probably.

WAR seems silly in this setup tho, unless its like 2nd or 3rd KI and other jobs were used.

Also it looks like it's totally luck based and counting that Mboze wont use:
- Root of the problem
- Uproot more than once?
- Tiiimber or Canopierce right after Chapuli bring someone below 90%HP.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-01-01 06:54:08
Link | Citer | R

In order to do this, SCH must keep regain on everyone, and COR must keep Tact on everyone? Yes Additionally, does the COR need to separately do Warlocks on the SCH and BLM? No, macc didnt seem to bad, mostly had an entrust and brd with resets kept nitro threnody II on. as BLM i had tact roll on the entire fight, but was using club for nukes (assuming the primary roll for everyone is Wizards of course)

How is the SCH keeping up Strats? Peda pants for sure mandtory. We got buffed/ took it to 75%, waiting 30 seconds for Scherzo to wear off and got 2 full skillchains on SCH for TR. seemed a little hectic for them. I understand that random deal resets + Tabula Rasa @75% for strats PLUS WC resetting Tabula is likely MANDATORY? Yes, as I mentioned we feel like a TR reset is required Also the COR should be saving Earth Shot for opportune blm boosts? Yes boots, but prioritize having TP for SC #1, then earth shotting inside the skillchain or just using Earth Shot in a STP set + EMPY +3 shoes as often as possible to maintain the skillchain?

BRD songs should be INT INT etudes, Ballad3, Minne5, Honor March under soul voice. Question: Why HM and not Victory for capped haste on mages? Accuracy for the WS, I believe the RUN was getting an additional madrigal even. I dont want to mistake if others were getting diff songs Additionally, and as the RUN no longer needs haste/acc for skillchaining, can give them double Lightning Carols Our run had no problem managing the damage of Ongo, and was key to our skillchain in place of the Etudes for the Mages. On top of that, is the BRD even bothering to spam enmity (enmity gear debuffs) / kite the adds? Yes, the safest place for the adds IMO is the bard in which case should they bother Sirvente + additional Minne'ing themselves? That was how i'd seen v20 approached... Or is it not even kited, and [/spoiler] instead TP'd on by the BRD/GEO/COR for TP for the run up WS on Ongo for the skillchain? This isnt really clear in the posts.

Vaerix said: »
So this hasn't been said at all before this but I'm wondering why the clear groups aren't using the add as a tp battery, I believe they did use the add for TP, our party really always seem to have TP ready. I was the BLM but they did a great job in making sure as long as the SCH had books 2 of the 4 guys were ready to extend the skillchain. The SCH never stopped or paused to wait for them to have TP I understand the rune can't use it but the brd and cor definitely could, and if the brd is running in for rudra's at all relying on tact/adlo seems really painful, vs having the brd melee the add, the cor shoot the add and just run sch grav > rudra > wildfire. I understand the first 25% having 2 sc's and having to rely on tact/adlo but after 75% the add is the perfect tp battery. Can someone from the group who have cleared explain why no one has mentioned tp'ing on the add or the issues you faced that made it not an option?

In my mind the cor could full time target the add for ranged attacks and just /ja "earth shot" <lastst> and /ws "wildfire" <lastst> as soon as they do 1 action on Ongo via stnpc(could even be an stnpc ranged attack at the start). I do understand the Tulfaire has access to a dispel tp move in plummage, is that the whole reason no one's tping on it?

The skillchain we used was SCH (gravitation closing with helix obviously) > RUN or BRD > COR or GEO. I would say the RUN was TPing easier than the BRD and the COR was TPing faster than the GEO. The RUN and BRD would communicate on who was extended every skillchain and so would the COR and GEO. We used Ruininator axe for the RUN because Steel Cyclone being 1-hit seemed to always let us down at the worst time and Ruininator was much more reliable being a multi-hit WS.

Responses/Opinions/Thoughts inserted in BOLD.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-01-01 07:30:19
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for giving me the time and such a well thought out response, would have loved to watch your successful run to analyze. Grats on the progress
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-01-01 07:51:14
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for giving me the time and such a well thought out response, would have loved to watch your successful run to analyze. Grats on the progress

I have to say in the A3 I have attempted and tried, everyone who comes better really understand what their jobs brings to that fight and know exactly how to be properly geared and play the job. 5 good players with 1 guy who just bought his ML40 and doesnt really know but the basics of ther job is going to really impede the progres on these A3 fights. Everyone has to be on the same page and really understand their role. + to some extent, luck on Aura's/resets
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-01-01 08:40:02
Link | Citer | R

WAR BLU RDM BRD COR WHM

Looks like just TP on add, Diffusion Barrier Tusk, maybe some TP reset from BLU, but definitely some TP move will go through, so fast WHM and YOLO. I would imagine WHM needs to be great for this, since people will get hit by Chapuli and Mboze, so WHM needs to keep top HP all the time on everyone or it's a wipe if Mboze will AoE, when someone is even below 90% probably.

WAR seems silly in this setup tho, unless its like 2nd or 3rd KI and other jobs were used.

- Root of the problem
- Uproot more than once?
Luck based almost like it semi was before the adds came out. Which from sounds of it isn't as bad as I'd thought it would be. Also war isnt a silly job to have in it not like drrk would be much better or safer.
 Asura.Daethsightt
By Asura.Daethsightt 2023-01-01 09:42:39
Link | Citer | R

I am sure this was probably assumed or asked elsewhere - the choice of using bunzi/ammurapi over BLM Mythic - Curious about the thoughts, or is it strictly you are looking to get that dINT levels?

BLM(ML43) Nuke set used:
ItemSet 389243
By SimonSes 2023-01-01 11:38:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Also war isnt a silly job to have in it not like drrk would be much better or safer.

Ofc it would be WAY better. DRK can cap haste with Last Resort, WAR can't without /sam Hasso. 68.75% haste Naegling build is better than no Hasso Gaxe (still far behind capped haste DRK. Capped haste vs 68.75% is 56% faster. It's not even close), but you Wall COR Savage and potentially BRD Savage. You also have Dread Spikes, so Chapuli auto attacks would do nothing or much less (if half resisted, not sure about adds SDT). WAR in Gaol is only good when paired with DNC, or if fight is super short like Bumba and advantage of Warcry and SP is higher than disadvantage of not being able to cap haste.

EDIT: DRG is also not bad. Would also wall Savage Blade, but has much higher DPS and Wyvern is +1 target for Canopierce and Tiiimber.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-01-01 11:39:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Daethsightt said: »
I am sure this was probably assumed or asked elsewhere - the choice of using bunzi/ammurapi over BLM Mythic - Curious about the thoughts, or is it strictly you are looking to get that dINT levels?

BLM(ML43) Nuke set used:
ItemSet 389243
I didnt have the tp down torque, to get 2950, so at 3k AM I didnt feel it was worth keeping on. If I had it(I do now), I would probably ride first mythic until AM3 was down and then go bunzi. There really isnt maybe 1 other oppurtunity to Vido Ongo that would be worthwhile IMO and that is right after the 40% 1hr. with Tact and Mythic, its a great chance for Mykr to keep your empy+3 body in play versus your af+3. I would say the fight is winnable with either.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
By Asura.Hya 2023-01-01 14:18:40
Link | Citer | R

WAR BLU RDM BRD COR WHM

- Root of the problem
- Uproot more than once?
Mboze doesn't spawn Chapuli adds. What are you talking about?

Vaerix said: »
giant quote
instead TP'd on by the BRD/GEO/COR for TP for the run up WS on Ongo for the skillchain? This isnt really clear in the posts.

So this hasn't been said at all before this but I'm wondering why the clear groups aren't using the add as a tp battery, I understand the rune can't use it but the brd and cor definitely could, and if the brd is running in for rudra's at all relying on tact/adlo seems really painful, vs having the brd melee the add, the cor shoot the add and just run sch grav > rudra > wildfire. I understand the first 25% having 2 sc's and having to rely on tact/adlo but after 75% the add is the perfect tp battery. Can someone from the group who have cleared explain why no one has mentioned tp'ing on the add or the issues you faced that made it not an option?

Yeah you are right, I don't think anyone mentioned it. In our clear, the BRD would melee the add when they could to build TP, and the COR was shooting it on occasion. How much they leaned on the add as a TP battery I could not say, as the SCH job is extremely busy and I had no time to really watch anyone else.
First Page 2 3 ... 211 212 213 ... 242 243 244