First Page 2 3 ... 203 204 205 ... 242 243 244
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-12-19 07:41:19
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
They just trolled everyone, oh well, they were still beatable with the WS wall, made things interesting to say the least lol.
Bruh this gotta be the jp upset about the fights lol
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
Serveur: Asura
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-12-19 07:47:41
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
But there's also 10% you get from merits which 99% of us have

SIRD merit's are in the same category as critical hit rate up and enemy critical hit rate down. If you can build a set where you don't need to compromise gear to reach SIRD 102% it makes sense to have both crit merits instead. There are plenty of people with -5% enemy crit rate merited.

Quote:
In the battle contents Sheol: Gaol Odyssey after Veng+21 and Sortie from sectors E to H

I would have liked for them to have at least kept the weaponskill wall in Sortie. The veng 25 Gaol bosses might have been bit much, but the sortie bosses are easy to overcome that mechanic and I was enjoying my manaburn strats.
By SimonSes 2022-12-19 07:53:11
Link | Citer | R

Vaerix said: »
So the way I understand the change is that let's say we have a party of cor brd drg war all using naegling.

The first Savage blade goes off, for 10s all following Savage blades do what we've come to see from the "ws wall" and each ws continues to wall other Savage blades.

5s later they all Savage blade again and all of the damage is garbo.

Same party naeg cor, Twash brd, Trish drg, chango war.

Party all weaponskills simultaneously.
Cor does Savage blade for full damage, for 10s any other Savage blades will be walled
Brd does rudra's for full damage, for 10s any other rudra's storms will be walled
DRG does stardiver for full damage, for 10s any other stardiver will be walled.
War does upheaval for full damage, for 10s any other upheaval will be walled.

5 seconds elapsed
Cor does requiescat(lol) for full damage, for 10s any other requiescat will be walled. 5s remain on Savage wall.
Brd does evisceration for full damage, for 10s any other evisceration will be walled. 5s remain on rudra's wall.
DRG does impulse drive for full damage, for 10s any other impulse drive will be walled. 5s remain on stardiver wall
War does armor break for full damage, for 10s any other armor break will be walled. 5s remain on upheaval wall.

8 ws's in 5 seconds for max damage, vs what would have been 1 max ws and 7 wiffs basically before the "fix". Atleast this is what I thought they meant they fixed

Probably not. It's probably the same WS wall thats in Dynamis, so if 2nd WS is different, it will reset the wall window for 1st WS. As long as you won't use same WS in a row, none should get walled.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-19 07:54:43
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
now the real question, does BLM get retired again in sortie now lol

Hmm probably not in general since those basement bosses are dangerous to use random WS's on. We can't go back to Savage Spam (high damage WS that doesn't SC with itself), and area F and H bosses require specific elemental bursts. But it means people can use a melee group to do the four ground floor NM's and basement E and G.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-12-19 07:55:47
Link | Citer | R

Lmao how did they not notice until now
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2022-12-19 07:56:37
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Probably not. It's probably the same WS wall thats in Dynamis, so if 2nd WS is different, it will reset the wall window for 1st WS. As long as you won't use same WS in a row, none should get walled.

Which pretty much negates the purpose of it. If I'm on thief or dancer I can just alternate between rudra's and evisceration, or I can throw in pyrric if I'm using terpsi. Ranger and cor can alternate between last stand and detonator on arrebati. Even war can swap between judgment and true strike on ngai, which really isn't terrible at all. Monk already uses like 4 different weaponskills, so between raging, howling, tornado and dragon.... no problems. Pure savage blade spam on Mboze would still be an issue, but that can just be circumvented by having the warrior alternate between chango and nageling or something.

Quote:

I'm pretty sure they knew. It's most likely a case of what was said a few posts up. They let the content go a week and reviewed the metrics this morning and realized the rate of progress we were seeing was lower than intended. So rather than say "oops we *** up with our design" they scapegoated it into "oops, there was a bug we missed". That way they look less bad and have less egg on their faces.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-19 08:00:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Wow wow wow wow! Lmao

Asura.Jokes said: »
game changer
Well you still have the WS wall for single WSs. So it's not like you can go there and spam Savage Blade or whatever other WS to your heart's content.
Then again it's undeniably a huge difference and this is gonna make getting kills with 1 or 2 KIs much more accessible even to groups who don't have ideal setups/gear.

Yeah the new regen + 10s lockout on WS's was a huge issue. Now it's per-WS, so they really only blocked the "Savage Spam" mechanic. I guess it was supposed to be the Dyna-D W3 boss mechanic but stronger, only they didn't test their code and just released it. The community found a way around it with Sortie so nobody noticed, but the JP's who were already complaining hard core about Ody V20 being ridiculous went into overdrive and the devs actually checked into it.

Makes me wonder how many other systems in the game are broken this way and we just found a way around it thinking it was on purpose.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-12-19 08:01:44
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
They just trolled everyone, oh well, they were still beatable with the WS wall, made things interesting to say the least lol.

This.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-19 08:03:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Melliny said: »
Which pretty much negates the purpose of it. If I'm on thief or dancer I can just alternate between rudra's and evisceration, or I can throw in pyrric if I'm using terpsi. Ranger and cor can alternate between last stand and detonator on arrebati. Even war can swap between judgment and true strike on ngai, which isn't as terrible as it sounds. Monk already uses like 4 different weaponskills, so between raging, howling, tornado and dragon.... no problems.

The purpose of it so that we don't have WAR COR BRD NIN THF DRG etc all spamming Savage Blade. We used that method because it was the simplest solution to a problem of doing lots of damage without making random skill chains and triggering mechanics. Now we need to divide up and cordinate various WS's, which isn't nearly as big a hurdle as "one DD doing one WS every 10s".

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Because the devs do FFXI work on the side and when they do pay attention to the JP's it's with half an ear. With sortie we quickly found a way around the problem using magic bursts, so we all thought it was WAI and SE didn't think much of it. With Ody V25, we can't exactly burst Kalunga or Ngai so the issue became super relevant super fast.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-19 08:04:52
Link | Citer | R

Whelp there you go, even more effortless. GG's
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-12-19 08:19:31
Link | Citer | R

Back to ooogaaa booogaaa WS.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-19 08:21:00
Link | Citer | R

Ohh noes, my Exclusive Trophies, now all those dirty peasants will have it too /slash wrists.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-12-19 08:26:13
Link | Citer | R

KujahFoxfire said: »
Just took out Henwen V25 in about 7 mins, killed neither add. War alternated Judgment and Halo, MNK alternated Smite and Howling (Kicks when footwork up), enmity was spicy on the last few % but overall was pretty simple. Never saw any reduced WS damage when alternating.
Yep figured this was gonna happen henwen was one that kinda caught people. But both dd hitting it should make it easy. Means rest gonna be cake walk sadly.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-19 08:27:05
Link | Citer | R

Yep managing the adds just became the prime challenge, and getting TP on Ongo.
By SimonSes 2022-12-19 08:27:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
now the real question, does BLM get retired again in sortie now lol

Hmm probably not in general since those basement bosses are dangerous to use random WS's on. We can't go back to Savage Spam (high damage WS that doesn't SC with itself), and area F and H bosses require specific elemental bursts. But it means people can use a melee group to do the four ground floor NM's and basement E and G.

Because only savage doesn't sc with itself right?
1. Ukko's Fury, Savage, Black Halo, King's justice, Dragon's kick
2. Rudra, Torcleaver, Cross Reaper, Expiacion, Fudo (chain with Torc, but not with other)

That's just an example of WSs working together but there is much more.
Also there is no restriction really not to do skillchain on F and H, you just need to avoid doing wind during wind hand and thunder during thunder hand on F, so you need to avoid impaction/detonation/fragmentation/light.

You could go DRG/BLU/DNC/COR/WHM/BRD for example and do
Impulse/Expiacion/Rudra/Leaden on F and on H when it's in Light aligned element and Savage/BlackHalo/SharkBite/LastStand when it's in Darkness aligned element.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-19 08:44:16
Link | Citer | R

Adds are very manageable at high mlvls now tbh too. bind -> CS Sleep first one, Stymie sleep 2nd one. boss dies before either wake up if you are quick enough. We're seeing much better success on landing sleeps even through macc down aura at high mlvl.

That's putting a RDM in place of something that might be more useful. Might have no choice but on the V20 T3's myself (WAR) or the WHM just tanked the adds. For arribati we had the Bard kite them away, same with Ongo. DPS is still going to be an issue under 40% unless an add is killed somehow. Maybe still dual team, just first one takes off as much HP as possible to spawn the add, second has less HP to worry about and the add is easy to control since empty hate list.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shaedhen
user: Shadowwww
By Asura.Shaedhen 2022-12-19 08:53:34
Link | Citer | R

Bakerboy said: »
They stripped us of our biggest challenge in a long time :(

More like they got rid of an artificial challenge that didn't make any sense in the first place and was more than lazy. It would've been interesting if it was for 1 or 2 boss. But for every single one of them ? Definitely not.

I'm pretty sure they knew. It's most likely a case of what was said a few posts up. They let the content go a week and reviewed the metrics this morning and realized the rate of progress we were seeing was lower than intended. So rather than say "oops we *** up with our design" they scapegoated it into "oops, there was a bug we missed". That way they look less bad and have less egg on their faces.

If that's the case, to me it would've been better if they just straight up said they realized it didn't go as they planned and decided to change it. I don't know how you could possibly look more bad than straight up admitting you did absolutely zero testing on what you implemented in your game. (because that's like the most basic test any IT guy would do when implementing that)

I don't know if it was really a bug or not to be honest. If it wasn't, I don't think they needed to change how it works in Sortie since pretty much everyone got used to it and it isn't much of an issue there. It would also have made more sense to just admit there was a bug in something they just pushed 1 week ago and not 2 months ago and just change it for Ody.
If it was a bug well... It's just quite embarassing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-12-19 08:54:14
Link | Citer | R

Adds are very manageable at high mlvls now tbh too. bind -> CS Sleep first one, Stymie sleep 2nd one. boss dies before either wake up if you are quick enough. We're seeing much better success on landing sleeps even through macc down aura at high mlvl.

That's putting a RDM in place of something that might be more useful. Might have no choice but on the V20 T3's myself (WAR) or the WHM just tanked the adds. For arribati we had the Bard kite them away, same with Ongo. DPS is still going to be an issue under 40% unless an add is killed somehow. Maybe still dual team, just first one takes off as much HP as possible to spawn the add, second has less HP to worry about and the add is easy to control since empty hate list.

We've been theorising a 25% squad just to get the boss to 74% and timeout, then go back in with the A team and do 75% holding both adds. Few more T2s to kill before we get there though.
Tbh with the fix you shouldn't even need to do any of that at this point they should just melt.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-12-19 08:55:40
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

:)
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-12-19 08:57:33
Link | Citer | R

but the JP's who were already complaining hard core about Ody V20 being ridiculous went into overdrive and the devs actually checked into it.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-12-19 09:00:11
Link | Citer | R

Pure savage blade spam on Mboze would still be an issue, but that can just be circumvented by having the warrior alternate between chango and nageling or something.

WAR is not a part of any Mboze strategy I know. It should be something like DRK + BLU + COR + BRD + BST + PLD.
DRK Insurgency
COR Savage
BLU Expiacion
PLD should Atonement add to keep hate better

Could also use WHM instead of BLU, but I think it would be worse.
Using BLU would mean PLD would need to use Panacea and Remedy and BLU and DRK would need to remedy too, but with BLU+BST TP resets, it should be much easier to stop Mboze from TP moves and would potentially let everyone keep WSing below 25%, when normally with BST only doing tp reset, DRK is the only one WSing below 25% beside the time when you use Unleash or Soul Enslavement and with higher regen from 2 adds, it might be a key factor to keep WSing on more than just DRK.
By SimonSes 2022-12-19 09:03:21
Link | Citer | R

You are forgetting the fact, that on A3, when NM does the TP move that triggers fetters, it strips adds from all debuffs, so your Stymie slept add can wake up 5 sec after you land the sleep, if you are unlucky.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-12-19 09:05:28
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Pure savage blade spam on Mboze would still be an issue, but that can just be circumvented by having the warrior alternate between chango and nageling or something.

WAR is not a part of any Mboze strategy I know. It should be something like DRK + BLU + COR + BRD + BST + PLD.
DRK Insurgency
COR Savage
BLU Expiacion
PLD should Atonement add to keep hate better

Could also use WHM instead of BLU, but I think it would be worse.
Using BLU would mean PLD would need to use Panacea and BLU and DRK would need to remedy too, but with BLU+BST TP resets, it should be much easier to stop Mboze from TP moves and would potentially let both everyone keep WSing below 25%, when normally with BST only doing tp reset, DRK is the only one WSing below 25% beside the time when you use Unleash or Soul Enslavement and with higher regen from 2 adds, it might be a key factor to keep WSing on more than just DRK.
War can be used in place of drk for sure it's more risky but we've done it before. I'd also just stick with torcleaver over Insurgency. Holding tp for it would mean torcleaver should be way better but yea either works.
By Penpenn 2022-12-19 09:06:07
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone gone into Sortie yet to test if the WS wall applies to the Sortie bosses still?

I'm interested to see if that completely changes Aminon from being a magic burst death only strategy to something more accessible by the playerbase...

I know this is the odyssey thread, but this only place people talking about WS wall.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-19 09:11:28
Link | Citer | R

Penpenn said: »
Has anyone gone into Sortie yet to test if the WS wall applies to the Sortie bosses still?

I'm interested to see if that completely changes Aminon from being a magic burst death only strategy to something more accessible by the playerbase...

I know this is the odyssey thread, but this only place people talking about WS wall.

The update notes tell us what will happen in six hours.

The "wall" was supposed to individual WS's, one person Savage Blading stops everyone else from Savage Blading for the next 10s. Everyone has to use different WS's to prevent activation of the wall while making the most out of white damage.

As for Sortie, it means you need to carefully chose weapon skills and yes it should actually be "easier" in that you just never proc any of his mechanics. But it means not making random SC's, so time to all WS together or find compatible WS's to use.
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2022-12-19 09:12:30
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Nothing is stopping you from posting in the sortie thread and starting a discussion there about the weaponskill wall you know. I'm sure people will respond. The news only came out a little over an hour ago. People just haven't had much time to test things out yet is all.
By Penpenn 2022-12-19 09:14:12
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Nothing is stopping you from posting in the sortie thread and starting a discussion there about the weaponskill wall you know. I'm sure people will respond. The news only came out a little over an hour ago. People just haven't had much time to test things out yet is all.

Fair enough
First Page 2 3 ... 203 204 205 ... 242 243 244