The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 179 180 181 ... 237 238 239
 Asura.Iamaman
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-05-16 07:38:18
Link | Citer | R

Does Mboze gain TP for every player in range that gets hit by his AoE auto-attacks? Is there any definitive information on how this works for monsters with AoE auto-attacks?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-16 11:33:11
Link | Citer | R

I don't think it's ever been tested, but AoE physicals are treated like weaponskills, which do not give additional TP for additional targets hit, so I'd say it's very likely that they don't give additional TP.
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2022-05-16 15:41:43
Link | Citer | R

Another potentially interesting question to consider: even if no additional TP is gained when multiple player targets are hit, is there still a chance for it to gain TP in the first place if the main target takes 0 damage (due to cureskin or something) while someone else is in range taking damage?

If so, there'd still be something of a reason to minimize the number of targets in range unless you can maintain fulltime stoneskin/cureskin on all of them.
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-05-16 16:12:45
Link | Citer | R

I figured it was unlikely, but thought I'd ask if someone had tested it.

I was discussing Mboze strategies with some folks who had run it a few times and failed due to Canopierce, but in at least two of the cases, he gained TP really quickly (<10s according to them). My initial thought was that the BLU spells were being resisted, but they said in one of those cases TP Drainkiss went off and he followed up with a TP move shortly after (all above 25%). I also watched a handful of YT videos on the fight (using the tp denial strat) at v15-v20 and it seems like in most of them, he manages to get at least 1-2 TP moves off during the fight and folks just get lucky when it's not Canopierce or Timberrr.

The one where he didn't get any off had two differences: the DRK used Father Time except during Soul Enslavement and the rest of the party stayed further out of range. The ~10% increased SB from FT makes sense, but I had been curious if the latter part would make a difference or not in his TP gain.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-05-16 16:31:38
Link | Citer | R

I had the further thought of occult acumen as a potential TP source, but upon going out to verify in Ro'Maeve, neither aoe spells nor aoe weaponskills grant TP if the primary target takes 0.

Timing of tp reduction moves is important, and even a few seconds will change your outcome because they reduce relative to how much the mob has at the time they go off. The time from last reduction to TP move isn't as important a metric as the variance in time between reductions, and an attentive DPS should be considering turning if they see triple attacks go off back to back or have other reason to believe TP went up considerably.

Father time isn't as much less TP over time as you'd think. Going from 65 to 75 SB is a 29% reduction in relative TP gain, so 10 SB is quite impactful in that sense, but you're still increasing your average attacks/round by 0.5 since you're locked into the additional hit path. It's a necessity if you don't have Dagon Breastplate, and probably your best bet if you don't have a RMEA, but I wouldn't buy it just for that fight if you're already rocking dagon and caladbolg.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-05-16 18:14:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamaman said: »
I figured it was unlikely, but thought I'd ask if someone had tested it.

I was discussing Mboze strategies with some folks who had run it a few times and failed due to Canopierce, but in at least two of the cases, he gained TP really quickly (<10s according to them). My initial thought was that the BLU spells were being resisted, but they said in one of those cases TP Drainkiss went off and he followed up with a TP move shortly after (all above 25%). I also watched a handful of YT videos on the fight (using the tp denial strat) at v15-v20 and it seems like in most of them, he manages to get at least 1-2 TP moves off during the fight and folks just get lucky when it's not Canopierce or Timberrr.

The one where he didn't get any off had two differences: the DRK used Father Time except during Soul Enslavement and the rest of the party stayed further out of range. The ~10% increased SB from FT makes sense, but I had been curious if the latter part would make a difference or not in his TP gain.

What's likely happening is they are using the full subtle blow set for TPing while still doing Torc in full DPS gear, meaning that WS just gave the monster more TP then a regular swing. Also since they are super leet, they are WSing whenever they hit 1K or more for optimal damage. Combine those two and you get excessive TP feeding from the WS. The solution I found was to strategically put Subtle Blow in the WS set, in spots where it would have the least effect on damage.

For Torc the weakest slot is the belt, Peiste Belt +1 is an easy 10 Subtle Blow. Then a Chirich Ring +1 ring was kept on for another +10. Another idea is keeping a Niqmaddu Ring for +5 SBII, and using Sakpata feet for another 10-13 Subtle Blow. With auspice giving +25 it's pretty easy to get to 50+ Subtle Blow in WS set with minimal sacrifice. Then only WS when your at 1250~1500 TP and there shouldn't be any issues with Mboze getting a TP move off.

Also note, Soul Enslavement overwrites Auspice, so make sure whatever TP set you are using takes that into account.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-17 04:19:43
Link | Citer | R

In V20 you should only WS mboze and tp on add. Then you can have BRD, Cor and dark all spam WS (at 3000tp), which is way faster and safer than DRK only tp and WS on Mboze. I was able to completely nullify tp moves with all those people hitting WS, with just bst tp drain kiss with Sykut every 30 sec. BST Unleash at 25% (it's good idea to stop damage at 26% and rebuff if needed, including killer instinct). If Mboze isn't dead by the end of Unleash and wild card doesn't reset SP2, then Cor and BRD should stop WSing and just let DRK finish it (still tping on add ofc) and BST doing regular tp drainkiss.

Full composition for that fight is tank (tank tanks add) DRK Cor BRD healer bst. If you decide to use BLU as healer, ideally with PLD as tank, so both can cure, then BLU can add his tp reset moves and then it's even safer and you can probably just finish it without using any SP at all. BLU can probably even DD too, at least until 50% HP.

Tricky part about this strategy is first 25% when there is no add to tp on and you don't have Blu as healer. Then you need to use Soul Enslavement at start with COR doing too and this should let you get mboze to like 80%HP. Then you need to turn a little on DRK and let BST do TP drainkiss first before going back to DD. It's not hard, but require some feel of the fight and how frequently you need to turn. 75% to 0% is much easier and more straightforward.
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-05-17 04:52:58
Link | Citer | R

We do the same as Simon but have WHM DRK BRD COR BLU GEO as the setup. Quick fight that work's pretty much every time. So much less stressful than the old method.

Geo Bolsters at 75% and BLU uses Mighty Guard + rotates Feather Tickle & Reaving Wind.

BST is nice for the killer instinct though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-05-18 23:03:35
Link | Citer | R

A DD capable of reliably multi-stepping Grav/Darkness can fill the COR slot at least for up to v20 Ongo if you can't get a COR for whatever reason. Got our clear today even with a Magic Acc Down aura (we really felt it once SV Threnody wore off).
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
Serveur: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-19 00:09:07
Link | Citer | R

Hit MM X for A today for a character with 1976 Nostos, 84 chests, 16 coffers, 1x all nms. Message recieved when opening the 16th coffer.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-06-12 05:55:51
Link | Citer | R

MM45 now. I got to 44 a long time ago and basically took a break because I needed about 8 Aurums to cap out. Not quite sure what to do now with Odyssey.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-12 06:21:42
Link | Citer | R

Stash your segments. Veng 25 should be out soon and getting clears is going to be a headache for a lot of people. Last thing you want to worry about is not having enough Segments.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-06-12 10:40:57
Link | Citer | R

I doubt it's "soon", unless they want to release the empy+2 content alongside it, which is totally fine with me
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-12 10:44:11
Link | Citer | R

Guess it depends on your definition of "soon". I was thinking more towards end of year
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2022-06-18 08:07:45
Link | Citer | R

Apologies if I didn’t see it in the 180 pages but early last year, someone posted the entire augment listings for all Gaol equipment to include the third/fourth augment slot. Anyone have that and able to post please? Thanks!
 Bismarck.Radec
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2022-06-18 08:13:22
Link | Citer | R

No 4th stats, but here's the R30 data dump:

https://gist.github.com/Chiaia/9bb22e7544239d636faf7bcc0de7372a
[+]
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2022-06-18 09:00:03
Link | Citer | R

Thanks! <3
By SimonSes 2022-06-18 09:20:10
Link | Citer | R

Seeing that we are getting 4th augment slot, this list might not be true above R25. Could be just autogenerated placeholder stats.
[+]
By Kuish 2022-06-26 20:34:14
Link | Citer | R

Went to do Sheol C today and kept crashing to desktop within like 10 seconds of my party engaging/starting a fight. Was fine when I was walking to catch up to them after they moved on when I got back in but crashed again the moment I got back into range and we started fighting. Did a file repair on FFXI and it came back with 0 problems. Any ideas on an addon or something causing crashes with something going on in Sheol C?

EDIT: When I've had this issue in the past it's been because of a .dat being corrupted due to failing HDD but that's not the case this time.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-28 09:09:09
Link | Citer | R

The reason Light of Penance isn't included in Mboze strats is because it is more difficult to use or it only reduces TP by 100 instead of 1000 and that isn't a typo in the BLU section in BGwiki?
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-06-28 10:28:46
Link | Citer | R

Kuish said: »
Went to do Sheol C today and kept crashing to desktop within like 10 seconds of my party engaging/starting a fight. Was fine when I was walking to catch up to them after they moved on when I got back in but crashed again the moment I got back into range and we started fighting. Did a file repair on FFXI and it came back with 0 problems. Any ideas on an addon or something causing crashes with something going on in Sheol C?

EDIT: When I've had this issue in the past it's been because of a .dat being corrupted due to failing HDD but that's not the case this time.

Someone in my group the last two nights has had the same issue. He engages a mob, crash to desktop. AFAIK he doesn't run any crazy addons and none of us had the same issue.
By IGDC 2022-06-28 11:47:54
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
The reason Light of Penance isn't included in Mboze strats is because it is more difficult to use or it only reduces TP by 100 instead of 1000 and that isn't a typo in the BLU section in BGwiki?

for the most part its because your blu doesnt have the mob facing him. it only works if he is facing you (you can be turned though) and its only -100 tp.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-28 20:29:20
Link | Citer | R

IGDC said: »
Phoenix.Iocus said: »

for the most part its because your blu doesnt have the mob facing him. it only works if he is facing you (you can be turned though) and its only -100 tp.

yeah I can't see myself doing that if I'm probably going to be dual boxing my fresh BST and my friend's BLU that I really don't know to play.

Big thank you for the confirmation
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-02 18:54:28
Link | Citer | R

Anybody noticed if Arebati is more susceptible to Enfeebles during certain specific moments? (like when he's casting, I dunno) and more evasive otherwise?

As a ML40 RDM with capped skills and pretty much BiS gear, with Tropical Crepe, I was having very big issues landing enfeebles, even with the Macc bonus from Saboteur up.
When I finally managed to land a Sabo-Frazzle3 thanks to Stymie I noticed that the difference between Sabo-Fra3+Food+SaboBonus and nothing of these 3, wasn't exactly... huge. I mean I could tell there was a difference but it was pretty small compared to what I was expecting.

It takes so many attempts and so many immunobreaks to land enfeebles, and it's especially hard with Frazzle and Distract, probably because they have no immunobreak mechanic (but they have a ~100 macc innate bonus!!)
Yet, sometimes all of these debuffs land instantly.

This doesn't feel "normal", and it feels like there's some mechanic at play that gives more/less resistance to Arebati according to "something".
The question is: what? Anybody else noticed something like this on Arebati?
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-02 21:55:42
Link | Citer | R

I've only cleared Arebati on low difficulties so far and only on RNG, but I can give you a couple of RDM 101s.

Do you have Frazzle 2 setup as max m.acc for landing Sabo Frazzle 2 to land the debuff so then you can override it with full potency Sabo Frazzle 3?

Have you switched your merits around for the fight for max m.acc and immunobreak? Relic feet and a well rolled Chironic legs.

Gain-MND helps land Frazzle and Distract even though it being black magic implies it should be Int.

Can you land Impact for any reasonable duration to assist?

Land Frazzle on MBs

Once you hit much higher level targets, enfeebling and immunobreak become much more difficult and start to feel like luck as you're describing. You can use Stymie to land Frazzle 3 with Saboteur if you need to, but otherwise it's generally reserved for Saboteur Stymie Paralyze 2 @ 25% to trivialize the mob. Even though Arebati is Ice based, stymie should be able to land it unless it has a resist paralyze trait or a paralyze immune tag.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-02 21:57:19
Link | Citer | R

Gain-INT helps land Frazzle and Distract, not MND. They go by MND for potency, but INT for accuracy.
By Littleflame 2022-07-02 23:04:23
Link | Citer | R

This isn't really a matter of MACC. Each of the T3s have very high elemental resistance to all but one element (that element being whatever they would normally be weak too). When I had a static doing V15 RP runs I threw my RDM onto every boss so here a quick list of what I found will land in one or two casts if you're unlucky.

Kalunga - Poison (water)
Ongo - Slow (earth)
Mboze - Silence, Gravity (wind)
Arebati - Addle (fire)
Xevioso - Distract, Paralyze, Bind (ice)
Ngai- RDM doesn't have any thunder enfeebles

Honestly I gave up trying to land Frazzle because of how much resistance they have and the fact Frazzle is dark based and only landed 5-10% of the time. Every resisted enfeeble landed after 3-4 immunobreaks anyway including Sleep. You can try to pre-immunobreak some before you activate Saboteur if you're having a hard time getting them all to land in the one minute window. Again I did this last year before Mastery Levels existed. This might be different at V20 and I don't have a static or the segments to go through every boss and retest.

There's nothing stopping you from throwing a Stymie Frazzle III but it didn't seem to make much difference to me, I'd rather save Stymie for an emergency sleep.

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody noticed if Arebati is more susceptible to Enfeebles during certain specific moments? (like when he's casting, I dunno) and more evasive otherwise?

As for this I can't say for certain either way as it's not something I ever noticed. If you have a BRD you can ask for a Threnody, might land an enfeeble one immunobreak sooner.
By Littleflame 2022-07-02 23:21:18
Link | Citer | R

Next time you do Arebati try casting Distract and Paralyze during his aura/proc window. IIRC T3s absorb they're corresponding element (in this case ice) during that time and most monsters drop the elemental resistance they are absorbing which should make landing enfeebles easier.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-07-03 03:10:50
Link | Citer | R

Littleflame said: »
Next time you do Arebati try casting Distract and Paralyze during his aura/proc window. IIRC T3s absorb they're corresponding element (in this case ice) during that time and most monsters drop the elemental resistance they are absorbing which should make landing enfeebles easier.

Not only they drop it, but it usually goes to like 150% SDT and you can land those debuffs even from subjob (ofc not something you can try in Gaol), so you can ignore macc and go for full potency on them.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-07-03 03:44:17
Link | Citer | R

In case anyone's wondering, although Arebati is susceptible to other Fire enfeebles like Addle, Plague seems to have a tough time landing. I figured it'd be fairly easy since he should be weak to all fire elemental enfeebles, but apparently not. Tried both Delta Thrust and Blade Bash, but both experienced resists.
First Page 2 3 ... 179 180 181 ... 237 238 239