Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 117 118 119 ... 237 238 239
By Garretts 2021-04-29 21:09:21
Link | Citer | R

Assuming your Bard is master, even two cutting cards that come up as 1's still mean your getting double SV that run.

and if everything goes to ***and we don't get soul voice we defintetly don't change one of the songs. We'll just use our moglophone and leave ;) (just picking, we'll through a march up if mighty guard is down)
By Yzen 2021-04-29 21:44:03
Link | Citer | R

Whats the best sub for brd -- if helping DD's take down mobs that are slept? Any BRD's [NO CARN -- I know macc / magic duration sets help] know how long Horde lullaby lasts typically for Sheol C mobs?
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-04-29 22:42:40
Link | Citer | R

Yzen said: »
Whats the best sub for brd -- if helping DD's take down mobs that are slept? Any BRD's [NO CARN -- I know macc / magic duration sets help] know how long Horde lullaby lasts typically for Sheol C mobs?

I've been seeing sub Whm since it can RR itself easily should the need arise. It's for a desperate save moment, but does not allow for Brd to DD well.

If Brd will never need to Raise, then I'd imagine /Nin.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Haaydee
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Haaydee 2021-05-04 02:54:04
Link | Citer | R

Looking for help/insight into V15 Ongo. Here is what relevant jobs we can run:
Player 1: RUN
Player 2: BLM/RDM/SCH
Player 3: RNG/BLM
Alt 1: WHM/SCH/GEO/BLM
Alt 2: GEO/BRD/BLM
Alt 3: COR/GEO/BLM

Our "best" run has been RUN/BLM/RDM/SCH/COR/GEO but we run into issues with the COR missing Sniper Shot due to lack of self buffs (how much acc would be needed to address this). Also with this setup, we have the BLM bursting 3 times (Ja>VI>IV), RDM bursting once (after ja lands) and SCH bursting Helix II and V alternatingly. We still seem to have trouble matching cumulative dmg other groups get with fewer SC and are not sure what the issue is. This is ASIDE from the Macc- and Matk- aura which are basically run killers for us (is there a work around or way to force certain auras?).

Aside from lack of SCH Mythic, gear is basically top tier (or close) on the characters which only compounds the frustration some members are feeling. If any gear is missing on the mages they are more than willing to obtain it for the fight.

Any tips would be appreciated. Should we be prioritizing Burn over Impact? We can swap to the COR/RNG SC strat if that is more reliable but would appreciate benchmarks for physical acc and macc that people are using for this fight, how many MB to do, approximate rate of SC, etc. Thanks for any input.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-05-04 04:29:41
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Haaydee said: »

Our "best" run has been RUN/BLM/RDM/SCH/COR/GEO but we run into issues with the COR missing Sniper Shot due to lack of self buffs (how much acc would be needed to address this). Also with this setup, we have the BLM bursting 3 times (Ja>VI>IV), RDM bursting once (after ja lands) and SCH bursting Helix II and V alternatingly. We still seem to have trouble matching cumulative dmg other groups get with fewer SC and are not sure what the issue is. This is ASIDE from the Macc- and Matk- aura which are basically run killers for us (is there a work around or way to force certain auras?).

Aside from lack of SCH Mythic, gear is basically top tier (or close) on the characters which only compounds the frustration some members are feeling. If any gear is missing on the mages they are more than willing to obtain it for the fight.

Any tips would be appreciated. Should we be prioritizing Burn over Impact? We can swap to the COR/RNG SC strat if that is more reliable but would appreciate benchmarks for physical acc and macc that people are using for this fight, how many MB to do, approximate rate of SC, etc. Thanks for any input.

So I don't see discussion of ryke and gambit, they are key to use on MBs to get good damage and needs to be organized with the cor to reset and use on MBs as much as you can over the fight, the sch especially needs to make sure to get a good 10k+ helix when those abilities are used and then allow the helix to sit there for most of its duration, should only have to cast around 3 helixs over the duration of the fight and focus on V and IV the rest of the time.

I've done with a few different SC set ups my favorite was run ground strike to cor leaden for pretty fast consistent SC, if they lose embrava I start alternating their SC with my sch SCs or if for some other reason their SCs are stalled out I do some sch SCs as needed.

We didn't have rdm MB, their nukes were just not up to SCH or BLM level and we nerf each others damage enough already with the nuke wall. We did experiment some with rdm going in and doing some enspell damage, they did a good amount but would die fairly often. Other group used a brd instead of rdm which worked fine except that left me on sch as the only person with access to heals on top of SC and MB duties but until embrava wore I don't think I needed to use a single heal beyond regen and just a few after that.

We had no acc issues in either group I was in so I don't know what to tell you there, usually tp issues were due to losing haste and embrava wearing off.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Haaydee
By Lakshmi.Haaydee 2021-05-04 06:21:34
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for your response.

We do use Gambit/Rayke with resets from COR RD/WC. Usually this nets us 4-5 windows of each ability.

We have not tried using RUN for the SC for the reasons of uncapped haste (once Embrava wears off) since we don't use a BRD. What specifically is the benefit of the RUN being involved in the SC rather than the SCH soloing while TR/Strats is up? Regardless, its something different than what we have been doing and we are open to any changes. Do you know what kind of aura you were predominantly getting from the mob with your setup?

The accuracy issue is very puzzling to us as well. Of course in your setup, using Leaden bypasses the critical miss that is screwing us up (missing in tp phase is not so devastating as missing the ws which wont happen with leaden) so that's definitely something to try out as well.

Do you MB in macc gear or just standard MB gear?

Thanks again for your response. Gives us some things to look into. Still open to more suggestions as well.
 Asura.Bigtymer
Serveur: Asura
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2021-05-04 10:45:47
Link | Citer | R

1) I would highly recommend replacing the RDM with a BRD. Soul Voice INT Etude x2 + Earth Threnody + x2 Preludes on your COR will solve almost all of the problems that you seem to be having.

2) You asked about SC frequency - the SC's need to constantly be rolling throughout the fight. If there is any moment in which you're sitting there waiting on the SCH's strategems, then you're doing it wrong. Ground Strike from the RUN into Leaden is an option to keep the SC's rolling if strats are down. However, we found that the RUN getting involved in the SC was never needed.

3) Is your COR using Earth Shot right before the MB window opens? Are they 5/5 in Quick Draw merits? Along that same vein, is your RUN 5/5 in Rayke and Gambit merits?

As the BLM, I used my standard MB gear.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-04 10:47:47
Link | Citer | R

I typed out #1 + #3 of Bigtymer's comment, but got distracted and didn't post it and he said exactly what I had in mind. I strongly support his comments, since it is what helped my group get the clear when we struggled with the exact same problems.

The only thing I would add is to also make sure the COR is 5/5 Loaded Deck. Getting the right moves reset is big.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-05-04 10:53:16
Link | Citer | R

So we used brd instead of rdm. Solves the acc problem for cor and can give cor scherzo just in case since some of the moves reach shooting ws range. It also gives mages ballads and int song and a dirge just in case, and makes the RUN basically immune with carols. Threnody can be landed whenever nitro is up also which makes macc alot easier.

The other note which is kinda is obvious is fighting it on earthday makes the fight a hell of a lot easier.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Haaydee
By Lakshmi.Haaydee 2021-05-04 11:45:34
Link | Citer | R

Thank you everyone who responded.

There seems to be a general consensus to swap the RDM for BRD so we will try that. RUN does have 5/5 in relevant merits and JA enhancing gear.

We do use Earth Shot. Unsure about the merits but we can fix that.

To clarify what I meant by SC frequency is that we have have SC going off every 30s or so (less when TR is up) but if that is too slow then we can try to speed it up more.

I think with the information people have posted, we will first try to see if the BRD swap (and geo aura swaps) fix our dmg issue which has been the main wall we face when gambit/rayke/bolster go down.

Thanks again.
 Phoenix.Vespajava
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Vespajava
By Phoenix.Vespajava 2021-05-04 13:11:16
Link | Citer | R

RE: Ongo V15: Couple tweaks for a melee RNG/COR duo for Vishnu> LS > namas> WF sequencing. As COR main, and largely filling role for the SC team/duo, earth shot, COR usual stuff, the single biggest improvement to our last V15 was using a really heavy TP Set (100+STP) in place of usual LS/WF WSD equipsets. Hardly a stroke of genius, BUT TP return on 1kish WS was ~500 and occasionally above w/ perfect SAM rolls. WS set itself was 120ish STP . SC fluidity stopped being a hang up for the most part, with the exception of RD/WC segments of fight. Our group wasnt terribly far off from a win. Less ~10% and still fine tuning damage on upcoming runs. Static is subject to change, but the party config (RUN, COR, RNG, SCH, GEO, BLM) has been consistent. Best of luck.
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-05-04 21:53:16
Link | Citer | R

If someone gets an Ongo clear on v15 (and skips the lower vengeance fights.) Are they able to get full Bumba augments?
By Foxfire 2021-05-05 00:39:05
Link | Citer | R

You need to kill bumba at the corresponding vengeance level to augment nyame.
But getting a v15 kill will allow you to speed up the process of unlocking bumba vengeance by skipping v0/5/10.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Haaydee
By Lakshmi.Haaydee 2021-05-07 02:57:46
Link | Citer | R

Once again thank you to everyone who took time to respond both here and in Private Messages on Ongo V15. This fight was probably the most frustrating time we had with Odyssey mobs but the tips you all gave helped us clear it finally.

Here is what worked for us incase someone else is struggling:
We adjusted the group to RUN/BRD/COR/GEO/SCH/BLM as suggested by many. We settled for RUN > SCH SC (Freezebite > Helix) when TR was down and started the RUN > SCH SC before the SCH actually got down to 0 strats (I think we swapped at 3 strats left) which caused timing issues earlier in missing SC because strats were not up yet. COR SC (RUN > COR or COR > SCH) works too but for our group RUN > SCH SC was easier to work in because of who was controlling which characters.

We also had the COR adjust merits to have 5/5 Loaded Deck as was suggested by some. COR did Wizard/Warlock rolls. Crooked on Wizard.

Not sure on the BRD songs but they were 2x Etude, 2x March and something for mages and 2x March, 2x Carol and Paeon for tank. We put Earth Threnody II and Nocturne on mob (while under SV/Nitro). Geo Spells were Indi-Acumen, Geo-Mala, Entrust Indi-INT and Indi-Focus after RD reset Entrust.

SCH buffed and put on Embrava/RegenV and then SC.

Our BLM was able to hit a few 99k nukes when boosted by Gambit/Rayke/Earth Shot and in our winning run we got lucky with a SP1 reset from Wild Card and won with between 3-4min left on clock (spent ~1min 15s buffing before pull).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Haaydee
By Lakshmi.Haaydee 2021-05-07 22:56:13
Link | Citer | R

Posting our Bumba setup since the posts for Bumba are falling back and thread deviated to talk about the demerits of the event.

We used WAR/BLU/COR/BRD/GEO/WHM (mainly notable since all the zerg videos include DNC or DRG so this is more to show that if the other chars are geared well enough you can still zerg without)

Lobby buff to 2k TP on war (for Armor break). Toss on Indi Attune/Bar/Prec/Str/Frail if bored but those have minimal effect IMO.

Songs are SV/Nitro Honor/MinV/MinIV/MinIII/Light Carol. Ballad on WHM/GEO.
Rolls are Crooked Sam + Fighters
GEO does Bolster Indi-Fend/Geo-Fury. Entrust Haste if march is dispelled mid fight or to replace the buffs from lobby since Entrust will likely get reset from COR RD/WC. May also want to consider using Demat so you don't have to recast midfight. Because of the time limitation on the zerg, Bolster with Relic body should last for the entire fight or most of it.
BLU does Effusion Mighty Guard

Asylum right before you run in to block opening Dispelaga
Fight on the sides. Not front or back. Use the pillars on south wall or the top of the ramp as preferred. Videos on youtube can show exact positioning.
War Opens with Armor Break (since it doesn't SC with Savage as opposed to Full Break).
WAR/COR/BLU/BRD spam Savage Blade.
WAR keeps up Warcry with help of COR resets.
WAR SP after Bumba's SP wears off (Bumba SP around 70-80% mark)
Keep spamming Savage and damage abilities till mob dies. I believe the generally accepted mark is you have 4 minutes to kill it before you risk a Denounce wipe but we were always comfortably within the margin (30s - 1 min buffer)

We DID use Dia II on the mob. We were also using Tene Crush till it triggered fetters in 1st minute of a fight by healing for 21k after which we stopped using it permanently.

While DNC or DRG instead of the BLU might make the run more efficient, I posted this an example of a run that works without those jobs incase some group lacks them but has the more commonly geared jobs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-07 23:21:45
Link | Citer | R

While DNC or DRG instead of the BLU might make the run more efficient, I posted this an example of a run that works without those jobs incase some group lacks them but has the more commonly geared jobs.

Any job works as long as you have the buffs and Savage blade. THF to steal SP. BST for Ooze. Hell my group uses a rune fencer. It doesn't really matter. You just need Naegling and it's pretty flexible. Don't even need a Geo, warcry and Savage is that busted (though I do fancy Geo with a black Halo build)
[+]
By Creecreelo 2021-05-10 02:41:50
Link | Citer | R

Did a solo B run on one of my chars and earned 1074 segments in total from mobs kill, taking out the floor 1 agon/mobs, and opening two chests. Upon touching the exit, I got the typical gil/box reward along with an additional 268 segments, which comes out to 1/4 of the total segments earned in the run, floored.

The bonus might vary for A/C, but this certainly looks like a nice touch! C group farms should see a significant boost.
[+]
By zixxer 2021-05-10 02:53:00
Link | Citer | R

During segment farm, touching the last portal will grant you 25% extra segments based on the segments you have farmed.

During NM farm, popping the mog amplifier before killing V15 bumba once will grant you 1172 1176 rp.

Moogle amplifier is 1500 segments to purchase.

The amplifier has no cap, granted you have the segments to purchase it.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-05-10 03:28:16
Link | Citer | R

zixxer said: »
1172 rp
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2021-05-10 04:35:47
Link | Citer | R

Well there you go guys... your prayers answered, this grind isn't going to be as long as you thought..
 Asura.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2021-05-10 04:42:12
Link | Citer | R

zixxer said: »
During segment farm, touching the last portal will grant you 25% extra segments based on the segments you have farmed.

During NM farm, popping the mog amplifier before killing V15 bumba once will grant you 1172 rp.

Moogle amplifier is 1500 segments to purchase.

The amplifier has no cap, granted you have the segments to purchase it.
You'll need a minimum of a 7250 segment run to hit the 9k bonus total (extra 25%). This will net you 2 bumba runs with 2 moogle amplifiers. 1172 x 2 = 2344 RP if you hit that base segment run above.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-10 05:44:28
Link | Citer | R

Is the bonus for touching the last thing party-wide or just for the person who touches it?
By zixxer 2021-05-10 05:50:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Is the bonus for touching the last thing party-wide or just for the person who touches it?
Just for the person that touches it.
[+]
By zixxer 2021-05-10 07:00:23
Link | Citer | R

Basically if you have the segs and can enter a v15, you can go from r0 gear to r12 after just 3 kills.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-10 07:10:20
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Adding Mog Amplifier
Costs 1500 segments
Effects only the user
When used, the RP that can be obtained in battle increases only once.
If certain conditions are met, the amount of RP increase will increase

Do people even read it correctly tho?
For me it sounds like Amplifier will work for single fight too, but it will work AGAIN if you make another fight in the same run and meet the requirements.

Looks like I was right in the end. Maybe at some point I will even understand 100% of that update notes!
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-10 07:31:05
Link | Citer | R

disappointing, but I guess now you can do your pointless grind in half the segments to continue sitting in town with nothing to challenge you
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-10 07:38:46
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
disappointing, but I guess now you can do your pointless grind in half the segments to continue sitting in town with nothing to challenge you

Whats dissapointing? Apparently there is some bonus if you make triple fight in previous run to using amplifier.

Quote:
If the players engage in three battles in a row and earn reinforcement points from all three, the amount of reinforcement points granted by the mog amplifier the next time they enter a Sheol: Goal will be greatly increased for one time only.

So you still can get more bonus points from amplifier if you do triple fights and then use it for next run. I wonder whats the bonus tho. Maybe you can make 3x V15 Atonement1 and then use Amplifier for Bumba V15 and get like 9x more points or something.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-10 07:46:45
Link | Citer | R

Whats dissapointing? Apparently there is some bonus if you make triple fight in previous run to using amplifier.
Disappointing that they created a system that would actually require players to gear up new jobs, try new strategies, and otherwise do something besides the same braindead zergs only to make it irrelevant. Nobody will do it when you can cap a piece in 5 days without it.

So you still can get more bonus points from amplifier if you do triple fights and then use it for next run. I wonder whats the bonus tho. Maybe you can make 3x V15 Atonement1 and then use Amplifier for Bumba V15 and get like 9x more points or something.
Curious what the amount is for sure, but I doubt it'll be high enough to be worth wasting 9000 segments on atonement1s. If it does compensate that well, at least it'll make job shuffling a valid way to get lower tier items augmented, because as is basically nobody would touch them.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-10 08:02:29
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Disappointing that they created a system that would actually require players to gear up new jobs, try new strategies, and otherwise do something besides the same braindead zergs only to make it irrelevant. Nobody will do it when you can cap a piece in 5 days without it.

Curious what the amount is for sure, but I doubt it'll be high enough to be worth wasting 9000 segments on atonement1s. If it does compensate that well, at least it'll make job shuffling a valid way to get lower tier items augmented, because as is basically nobody would touch them.
Nothing stops you from doing everything you just said though. People just gave the same speech about how people dont need to do 3 fights if they aren't good enough. Nothing stops you from doing that also they didnt make the fights easier just made them take less time thats it. It was gonna be braindead zerg content no matter what once people started to get the gear this just made it faster. Just like a ton of people were saying you dont need to do Mog Amp and stuff you can still do it old way and use different strategies just make your own party like normal.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-10 08:11:14
Link | Citer | R

Not really fair to say you can just self impose difficulty. Noone else is likely to join you if the content doesnt incentivize it. Game is just a gacha at this point, whatever.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 117 118 119 ... 237 238 239