First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 237 238 239
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2021-04-21 11:39:43
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Is your WHM keep Regen IV on everyone (and have a set for it?)?

Actually the topic of a recent argument. Has a very solid regen set, but doesn't believe he has the time to re-apply it mid fight.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-04-21 11:44:26
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »
Actually the topic of a recent argument. Has a very solid regen set, but doesn't believe he has the time to re-apply it mid fight.

We ran into the same issue. The solution, after 5-6 attempts at V15, was to Regen 4 the PLD only and indi-regen everybody else. Keeping everybody topped off through their various HP-fluctuating-gearswaps was the difference.

Indi-Regen/Geo-Fury/entrust haste on the DD was what we settled on.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-21 12:19:45
Link | Citer | R

We used a DRK over SAM for our clear. Soul Enslavement is an extra layer of "defense" to help push Mboze as low as possible before the inevitable Tiiimbeeer happens. I don't remember Mboze using it in our run, so we got lucky.

Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »
it just seems to sense a rampart timer coming down and likes to timber right then

Have the PLD announce when you are @ 15 seconds remaining, and time your RD/WC's so it never drops. The fight can be unpredictable compared to the other A3s. Just don't leave that up to chance. I have seen him use aura within the first few TP moves, which was something we weren't prepared for. Repeated success on Mboze is really hard to pull off.
By Guyford 2021-04-21 13:14:59
Link | Citer | R

We've found low tp method works best for Mboze. Sam whm brd smn cor geo. Sam and monk rolls, honor mad minx3, indi barrier, geo fury, hastega2, shiva tp bonus, earthen armor, shining ruby, and smn uses mew every 30 seconds. Sam alone engages with everyone in range, uses masa for first 50%, then switches to su5 path B (kinda optional I guess but makes things easier). At 25% Sam turns and swaps back to masa, while smn uses perfect defense and then conduits to mew once and reapply buffs. During PD sam/geo 1hr and zerg it down as much as possible. Sam swaps back to su5 when PD ends.

If timber happens whm can benediction, if benediction is down sam can use a panacea to get rid of the all stats down from timber, but not root of the problem

If root of the problem happens brd needs nitro back from cor to spam dispels to get any problematic buffs it might have stolen.

If uproot happens sam just multisteps it off.

If it hits sam with slowga dont worry about garuda hastega 2, whm haste should be enough.
By alamihgo 2021-04-21 14:40:50
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Ticktick said: »
should have been the gear RPed by a boss was determined by slot instead of set.
SE should allow us to spend RP from any NM in the same Atonement grade with a 50% penalty on mismatched items. If you do NM A and NM B, you spend 6000 segments and net either 0, 400 or 800 RP - depending on how useful you find NMs A and B. But if you adopt a cross-RP option, 6000 segments turns into 400, 600 or 800 depending on how you choose to allot the points. This is enormously more attractive than the paltry 10% rebate you get on segments.

Granted, you could spend twice as many segments to level up an off-path set of gear, but is that not a fair tradeoff?
By Vaerix 2021-04-21 15:08:15
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Gobbo said: »
Vaerix said: »
Sylph.Gobbo said: »

You gonna upgrade 5 Katanas to help your friends work on their entire set?

I don't know about you, but do you really see a reason to upgrade all 5 pieces of Ikenga? If so, please tell me why because I'd love to know the cor rng set isn't just a couple swap pieces at best...

Oh my fault, I thought we were talking about augmenting full sets. It's a great thing this doesn't apply for any of the other sets then either, my face sure is red.

My issue is segment allocation. If you are doing this with a group you aren't gonna be doing a single fight most likely, which means the amount of segments needed to finish yours will have doubled. Bumba is the only mob that doesn't have this issue because it's all jobs. Should really just let RP gained from an atonement be spendable across all mobs within that tier.

Obviously you thought I was being facetious... I was actually wondering about Ikenga ;_;

In response to organizing groups and rp allocation, I think it does take some level of civility and planning. Yes, the group might do trex a few times and you have no need of sakpata right now. So what? You're doing content. If it's really that upsetting to you, drop your spot in the group for someone who needs sakpata and save up segments, that's your prerogative. Honestly, if you find a static that can clear every boss count it as a blessing and just bite the bullet and idk, help altruistically? The answer isn't to let people upgrade across atonement tiers, because it would mean Mboze only has to be beaten once for all intents and purposes.

I think the answer isn't in SE's hands other than maybe relaxing segment cost of KI or KI storage for Mog phone 1's.

Other than that it's in the players hands of working together, idk like the game was 15 years ago? Entire dynamis runs would dedicate currency for people's relics, how is it possible that people just want to do their fights for their gear and complain about helping others now? Serious question.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-04-21 16:00:50
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Other than that it's in the players hands of working together, idk like the game was 15 years ago? Entire dynamis runs would dedicate currency for people's relics, how is it possible that people just want to do their fights for their gear and complain about helping others now? Serious question.

Donating currency toward one person's relic is a bad analogy here. That was a result of an archaic system from 2004, and at the time the leader also paid 500k for the hourglass so there WAS actually an upkeep cost involved. Players got relic armor out of the deal as well, and some of it was very good for the time. Dyna xarc drops continued to be squabbbled over to the day the 75 cap era ended.

These atonement 3 nms require a lot of effort in time gated content to even access, and it's likely that a static will have wants of something like 3 people on sekpata's (it's the most popular after all), one person on Gleti's, one person on Ikegna, and one person on Mpaca set.

How do you work with that? When half the group wants the same set and the other half each want a set that nobody else does you have 4 sets to work on and people are invariably going to want to work on the set that the majority is on. Are you honestly suggesting it's OK to want to split the nm's evenly and do each an equal number of times, because that means everyone gets progress toward their chosen set at 1/4 the rate. That would mean each person is paying 12,000 segments for a single clear of their preferred NM. That's ludicrous. You would get progress twice as fast killing your chosen NM on veng 10 with pickup groups than you would sticking with the static and killing nms on veng 15.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-04-21 19:20:47
Link | Citer | R

Vaerix said: »
In response to organizing groups and rp allocation, I think it does take some level of civility and planning. Yes, the group might do trex a few times and you have no need of sakpata right now. So what? You're doing content. If it's really that upsetting to you, drop your spot in the group for someone who needs sakpata and save up segments, that's your prerogative.

By Vaerix 2021-04-21 23:13:31
Link | Citer | R

Well, after everyone finishes nyame set 5/5 r20 are you anticipating being able to pug mboze v10? Are you able to pug bird v10 with much success? Because honestly you're not leveling up your set in 1/4 the time, because you still get to level stuff in the sakpata. If alternating items to r20 is what the group wants to do, that's fine, I need mboze and the bird, if I have a better chance at doing those with the static hell yes I'm doing sakpata first, obviously you need bosses that are zerg able, go forth and conquer amigo, I'd rather stick with a static for fights I don't need (I still get points if I ever want to get that armor), BEYOND THAT, None of the sets are "omfg I need to get this to r20 right now" for every piece in the set, most have clear winners for pieces to be upgraded first. You want your full sets, go pug with people who want the same. I'd rather clear a set in half the time with a group of players worth using my segments with.

By the way, your 192 per kill on V10 looks pretty bad for time to segment use anyway, 341 total V10 kills to hit r20 for 5/5 on a set. 334 total V15 kills to level up 2 5/5 sets to r20. So yeah, you're wasting segments. Again not every piece in a set is a winner for augments, maybe help people and they'll help you otherwise good luck in the pugs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-04-21 23:21:36
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
You mean the dynamis runs where many players didn't feel like they had any choice but to go along with the rules the leaders/sponsors set forth because everyone else on a given server was doing the same setup? The same dynamis runs where a sponsor could spend 1 mil and make out with several times more in gil/currency after selling currency while acting like it's such a burden/risk to be making profit off of everyone else working to not get the item they want to drop in dynamis? Those dynamis runs?
And this is the example you come up with as an example of what you want players to willingly do 10+~ years later when there's enough content around that they could do literally anything else to pass the time?
[+]
By Foxfire 2021-04-22 01:22:43
Link | Citer | R

Ah yes, the dynamis runs you had to join a linkshells via applying, to then be put on an attendance list where you were [x] spots behind the people who are already in the linkshells, and you had to earn attendance "points" to even be considered for lotting. Where you made no money because the leader funneled all the currency for their own relic and you had to be grateful to get a chance for your item.

Clearly, we all worked together for the sake of mutual benefit - definitely nobody taking advantage of anyone

that's why the bg server player warning subforum didn't need to exist :)

anyway, for what it's worth, i think keeping some form of optimism in them allowing more cante- er moglophones to be stored down the line is our current best case. Or they have some *** secret method to boost segment gain we're unaware of but that's unlikely
[+]
By joemamma 2021-04-22 12:57:21
Link | Citer | R

Foxfire said: »
Ah yes, the dynamis runs you had to join a linkshells via applying, to then be put on an attendance list where you were [x] spots behind the people who are already in the linkshells, and you had to earn attendance "points" to even be considered for lotting. Where you made no money because the leader funneled all the currency for their own relic and you had to be grateful to get a chance for your item.

Clearly, we all worked together for the sake of mutual benefit - definitely nobody taking advantage of anyone

that's why the bg server player warning subforum didn't need to exist :)

anyway, for what it's worth, i think keeping some form of optimism in them allowing more cante- er moglophones to be stored down the line is our current best case. Or they have some *** secret method to boost segment gain we're unaware of but that's unlikely

Don't worry once you save up enough linkshell points you can finally lot something.
By joemamma 2021-04-22 13:04:42
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Garretts said: »
170 vs 235 is still the exact same stupid ***.

I focused on it because I wasn't sure where you were getting the numbers from. The grind is bad, but no need to exaggerate. 235 is not the same as 170, the hell are you talking about. Just in terms of segments using your average, that's like another 400k segments needed. I get the frustration but no need to go overboard with the hyperbole.

Eiryl basically beat me to it, but you're complaining about the history of ffxi

Just in modern ffxi alone:

Omen body: hundreds of runs (possibly nothing to show for it)
Aman trove: hundreds of runs (possibly nothing to show for it if you were after bodies)
Dynamis midboss clear: x # of jobs, x4 zones
Farming a REMA weapon: grind mindless tasks, multiply by number of weapons
Farming literal thousands of REMA stones, swarts, materials
Farming volte gear from dynamis bosses pre Gaol
Farming RP on dynamis necks: x #of jobs

It's literally the same number of mindless ***you're complaining about. And you did it. This is equally as annoying, but the difference with this and some of the things above I mentioned is that you get guaranteed progress in Gaol. Would you feel better if this was locked to every 3 days like how dynamis is? They airways find ways to sink your time into it, that's the point of the game

Garretts said: »
Again, the point of the post was my frustration at an event that gives arguably the best armor in the game, but is so poorly designed/implemented/thought out that it's making me not want to log in and do it. going from 235 kills to 170 doesn't make me feel an ounce of better, unfortunately.

Huh? So you don't want to grind content to get the best gear in the game, but you grinded previous content for like 1% improvement in the past?

Odyssey V15 just when you are finished with max augments. SE releases something better that doesn't require 200 plus kills.
 Lakshmi.Zaps
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2021-04-22 15:41:18
Link | Citer | R

I just wish we could hold more Moglophones. MogII's are fine as they are imo.

The RP farm does seem a bit excessive, 35ish R15 runs per piece is rough.

Segment farming also being worth decent gil is a huge plus, and takes a lot of the sting out of the farm.

Personally I'm just hoarding segments until they adjust RP or i get bored and spend it all over a weekend.
By Nariont 2021-04-22 17:26:17
Link | Citer | R

joemamma said: »
Odyssey V15 just when you are finished with max augments. SE releases something better that doesn't require 200 plus kills.

More than likely just adds campaigns that double/triple the point reward after a good portion have already completed it the "hard" way
[+]
By Guyford 2021-04-22 18:13:55
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
joemamma said: »

More than likely just adds campaigns that double/triple the point reward after a good portion have already completed it the "hard" way

It'll be a while for that still, haven't even gotten DI campaigns back yet.
By Yzen 2021-04-25 09:50:14
Link | Citer | R

What are the specific tasks for BRD's [both combat vs non-combat] for Sheol C farming? [4song and no Carn]
By SimonSes 2021-04-25 10:09:30
Link | Citer | R

Keep songs, sleep big pulls and dd with Naegling/dagger?
By Yzen 2021-04-25 10:19:42
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Simon /
By Yzen 2021-04-25 10:21:08
Link | Citer | R

Gonna work on making the best lullaby duration set possible then if that is the brd's primary concern [besides the other responsibilities]
 Bahamut.Balduran
Serveur: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-04-25 10:45:35
Link | Citer | R

Yzen said: »
Gonna work on making the best lullaby duration set possible then if that is the brd's primary concern [besides the other responsibilities]

I'd advise to go for MACC rather than duration, since it's not a situation where you need the mobs slept for long, rather just enough to reduce the damage tank is taking while the DD and yourself take them down.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-04-25 10:49:41
Link | Citer | R

there are a small handful of families in C that resist light-based sleep (sheep come to mind offhand), so do be aware of those. One eager-beaver lullaby on those families can bring a run to a crawl as the BRD is recovering right quick ;)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-04-25 14:08:56
Link | Citer | R

Karakuls (black sheeps) do not resist Light Based sleep. I don't even remember "regular" sheeps in Sheol C but maybe I'm just being dumb.

If you were talking about the big sheeps, the Rams, they are immune to Lullaby, just like Qutrubs.
By mhomho 2021-04-26 06:44:35
Link | Citer | R

Is dancer any good? I mean, you get Tauret, Karambit, and Naegling. Malignance set. Provides support from sambas and steps and heals. Seems good for an entry level player to Odyssey, no?
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-04-26 06:53:52
Link | Citer | R

Dancer can't equip Naegling.
[+]
By mhomho 2021-04-26 07:08:26
Link | Citer | R

oof. nvm then.
By SimonSes 2021-04-26 07:21:45
Link | Citer | R

mhomho said: »
oof. nvm then.

Yep like I mentioned few times here and in game, DNC slashing option is *** hidden behind Bonanza...
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-04-26 09:51:27
Link | Citer | R

Would that option be good though?
DNC gets 350 Sword Skill, not sure if DNC gets Savage Blade by going /WAR, but even if you do it would be without its 15% special WSD and the related Att % bonus.

At that point I wonder if Slashing would be good at all, or if you would just have a better overall DPS by going with your typical setup and eating the damage reduction for piercing.
By Taint 2021-04-26 11:13:12
Link | Citer | R

mhomho said: »
Is dancer any good? I mean, you get Tauret, Karambit, and Naegling. Malignance set. Provides support from sambas and steps and heals. Seems good for an entry level player to Odyssey, no?

DNC is really good in A/B and Gaol (where applicable).

We should make a petition for Naegling to include DNC....its that broken/important.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-04-26 11:39:32
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
We should make a petition for Naegling to include DNC....its that broken/important.

We should be taking jobs OFF Naegling, not adding them.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 237 238 239