Monster Killing Strats For WARRIOR!

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Monster Killing Strats for WARRIOR!
Monster Killing Strats for WARRIOR!
First Page 2 3
Offline
Posts: 296
By Spaitin 2019-08-23 10:02:31
Link | Citer | R
 
I was just thinking it would be cool and helpful for people who use war to post the strats they use on certain mobs/fights. I think it helps out new players and experienced players. You can post your own strat or ask others to post strats they use on mobs you are having trouble with.

Typically these will be for higher end content fights. Such as helms or ambu months or even wave three dynamis and new HTBF. If someone else has posted a strat that is different than yours we would still like to hear it. I have a strat for most of the mobs (havnt been able to melee zerde yet) so feel free to ask if you are struggling.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 31325
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-23 10:05:37
Link | Citer | R
 
Super useful strat:

Step 1: See monster.
Step 2: Engage monster.
Step 3: Whack monster a couple of times.
Step 4: Use Upheaval.
Step 5: Monster dies due to awesomeness that is WAR.
Step 6: ???
Step 7: Profit.
Offline
Posts: 296
By Spaitin 2019-08-23 10:11:25
Link | Citer | R
 
Ill start with the strat to my favorite fight. Onchyphora, not the hardest fight, but still my favorite.
Party set up is cor cor geo bard whm war. The only person who engages the mob is the WAR and spams resolution. Montante or raetic work great.
Cors use sam/fighter/chaos/monks rolls. If possible, but not necessary have the cors go /smn and mew the mob. Just makes it smoother.

Pretty simple after you get the party together. Auspice is important for the fight. The idea is to feed onchyphora as little TP as possible and spam resolution. Gotta watch out for his healing mechanics but that is pretty easy. Can usually get 6-8 resolutions in a row before worrying about that. During stone mode you just face away. If you have the cors go /smn and mew, it is possible to do the entire fight without him healing during a TP move. can win the fight in a little over 2 minutes with luck. Stone mode can be annoying and I dont have a good way around it besides having the healer be a croc rdm. Also works great with shining one and naegling spams.
Offline
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
Posts: 2961
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-08-23 10:22:58
Link | Citer | R
 
smash face with axe.
smash face until no more face
smash axe on new face
repeat
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 31325
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-23 10:37:44
Link | Citer | R
 
Let's be honest with ourselves here.

90% of a WAR's skill occurs outside the battle. Mainly, creating scripts for specific situations (high buff TP/WS, low buff TP/WS, DT-, etc.). But during a battle, the only thing a WAR (and all DDs outside SAM, and only because they have a lot more WSs to deal with than others) has to worry about it when to switch to DT- and switch back to full attack mode.

Most of a player's skill occurs outside the battle, mainly getting geared for situations they will be in and understanding the mechanics of a fight and adjusting the playstyle for it.

But during a fight? WAR Smash!
Offline
Posts: 296
By Spaitin 2019-08-23 10:44:56
Link | Citer | R
 
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
90% of a WAR's skill occurs outside the battle

I would say that is true for basically all jobs. 1-2 exceptions. War has a TON more usueable WS than sam though.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 31325
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-23 10:51:16
Link | Citer | R
 
Spaitin said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
90% of a WAR's skill occurs outside the battle

I would say that is true for basically all jobs. 1-2 exceptions. War has a TON more usueable WS than sam though.
Not without switching weapons and losing TP.

You can't go from a Spinning Slash to an Upheaval on the same character and expect to SC on it.

But SAMs can SC themselves often enough that it's expected for them to know what the SC properties of other people's WS are so they can continue/close SCs for maximum damage.

Point being, WARs SC capability is very limited compared to SAM, and WARs aren't really expected to know the SC properties of other jobs like SAM is.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 296
By Spaitin 2019-08-23 11:03:39
Link | Citer | R
 
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Spaitin said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
90% of a WAR's skill occurs outside the battle

I would say that is true for basically all jobs. 1-2 exceptions. War has a TON more usueable WS than sam though.
Not without switching weapons and losing TP.

You can't go from a Spinning Slash to an Upheaval on the same character and expect to SC on it.

But SAMs can SC themselves often enough that it's expected for them to know what the SC properties of other people's WS are so they can continue/close SCs for maximum damage.

Point being, WARs SC capability is very limited compared to SAM, and WARs aren't really expected to know the SC properties of other jobs like SAM is.
On GA warrior has more utility weapon skills. all the breaks. And both jobs have access to similar sc compatible WS. warrior having a much better 3 step double light in King > Up > Up. War gets a huge advantage in being able to close with UP UP. warrior lacks the darkness options of sam but imo beats it in the light options. In a spam fight (vast majority of fights) sam does this. ageha to open straight into FUDO > FUDO > FUDO > FUDO > FUDO > FUDO > FUDO > FUDO > FUDO. If you are talking SC. on light war seems to be better, on darkness sam seems to be much better. Not many high end fights I can think of where you even get the chance to use a long SC. either way this is a tangent and off topic.
 Odin.Senaki
Offline
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
Posts: 215
By Odin.Senaki 2019-08-23 11:20:13
Link | Citer | R
 
Spaitin said: »
Monster Killing Strats for WARRRIOR!

Warrior*
(2 'R's)
[+]
Offline
Posts: 296
By Spaitin 2019-08-23 11:21:26
Link | Citer | R
 
Odin.Senaki said: »
Spaitin said: »
Monster Killing Strats for WARRRIOR!

Warrior*
(2 'R's)
Ah, thanks i missed that. was early.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 31325
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-23 11:22:19
Link | Citer | R
 
Spaitin said: »
On GA warrior has more utility weapon skills. all the breaks. And both jobs have access to similar sc compatible WS. warrior having a much better 3 step double light in King > Up > Up. War gets a huge advantage in being able to close with UP UP. warrior lacks the darkness options of sam but imo beats it in the light options. In a spam fight (vast majority of fights) sam does this. ageha to open straight into FUDO > FUDO > FUDO > FUDO > FUDO > FUDO > FUDO > FUDO > FUDO. If you are talking SC. on light war seems to be better, on darkness sam seems to be much better. Not many high end fights I can think of where you even get the chance to use a long SC. either way this is a tangent and off topic.
It's not off topic at all.

Yes, in your opinion WAR has better light options than SAM, but the point remains, SAM has better Skillchain options than WAR. WAR's SC options is either opening or closing, but never an inbetween. SAM can open, close, inbetween, and self-skillchain a whole lot more than WAR ever can, due to it's versatility.

Which leads to WAR's main skill being outside the battle and not within, unlike SAM, which is 50% of each, in my opinion.

It's all a moot point since you pretty much agreed that there is no strat for WAR in battles other than when to put on the DT- gear. Healers/Buffers/Debuffers have more to do during fights than WAR ever does.
Offline
Posts: 296
By Spaitin 2019-08-23 11:23:46
Link | Citer | R
 
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Spaitin said: »
On GA warrior has more utility weapon skills. all the breaks. And both jobs have access to similar sc compatible WS. warrior having a much better 3 step double light in King > Up > Up. War gets a huge advantage in being able to close with UP UP. warrior lacks the darkness options of sam but imo beats it in the light options. In a spam fight (vast majority of fights) sam does this. ageha to open straight into FUDO > FUDO > FUDO > FUDO > FUDO > FUDO > FUDO > FUDO > FUDO. If you are talking SC. on light war seems to be better, on darkness sam seems to be much better. Not many high end fights I can think of where you even get the chance to use a long SC. either way this is a tangent and off topic.
It's not off topic at all.

Yes, in your opinion WAR has better light options than SAM, but the point remains, SAM has better Skillchain options than WAR. WAR's SC options is either opening or closing, but never an inbetween. SAM can open, close, inbetween, and self-skillchain a whole lot more than WAR ever can, due to it's versatility.

Which leads to WAR's main skill being outside the battle and not within, unlike SAM, which is 50% of each, in my opinion.

It's all a moot point since you pretty much agreed that there is no strat for WAR in battles other than when to put on the DT- gear. Healers/Buffers/Debuffers have more to do during fights than WAR ever does.
Warrior has tons of in between options. warrior can solo 6 step.

Pick some scenarios and ill tell you the inbetween WS if you want lol. On GA war has EXACTLY the same inbetween SC properties that sam has access to to build long light SC. Just one WS that is overall better SC capable than anything sam can use.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 31325
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-23 11:27:20
Link | Citer | R
 
Spaitin said: »
Warrior has tons of in between options. warrior can solo 6 step.
In a high buff situation with meds. A very high buff situation. Almost ideal situation, and also require any and all other DDs to gimp their damage for that one WAR. Which is unreasonable.

If you want to be realistic, you will never be in a situation where a WAR can solo 6 step often or as a strategy.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 31325
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-23 11:30:01
Link | Citer | R
 
Spaitin said: »
Pick some scenarios and ill tell you the inbetween WS if you want lol.
A NM that is immune or highly resists light damage.
Offline
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
Posts: 2961
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-08-23 11:30:41
Link | Citer | R
 
just play whitemage
[+]
Offline
Posts: 296
By Spaitin 2019-08-23 11:31:15
Link | Citer | R
 
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Spaitin said: »
Warrior has tons of in between options. warrior can solo 6 step.
In a high buff situation with meds. A very high buff situation. Almost ideal situation, and also require any and all other DDs to gimp their damage for that one WAR. Which is unreasonable.

If you want to be realistic, you will never be in a situation where a WAR can solo 6 step often or as a strategy.
WHat you are saying about war is also true about sam. No many situations where you will 6 step. especially with the 99k SC damage cap. Not really sure the point you are trying to make anymore. War has the exact same inbetween SC properties that sam has. Are you just saying sam TP's a bit better than war?

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Spaitin said: »
Pick some scenarios and ill tell you the inbetween WS if you want lol.
A NM that is immune or highly resists light damage.
easy, on those fights you use spear. BUt you also have to mention the mob you are referring to. And the party set up and why you would want a long SC on that anyway. And while sam is better at darkness SC, sams darkness SC are nowhere near as good as sams light SC options. THey both seem to have the best overall dps for darkness on shining one. which both can do the same thing with.

Just to remind you, the topic of this thread is how to kill stuff on war. Not what job has a weird niche advantage between war and sam.
Offline
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
Posts: 2961
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-08-23 11:34:11
Link | Citer | R
 
Spaitin said: »
saying sam TP's a bit better than war?
isnt this like.....
the whole basic concept of SAM ?
[+]
Offline
Posts: 296
By Spaitin 2019-08-23 11:35:56
Link | Citer | R
 
Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
Spaitin said: »
saying sam TP's a bit better than war?
isnt this like.....
the whole basic concept of SAM ?
Yeah, and I would agree if that is what he is saying. His point is a bit weird.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 31325
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-23 11:37:02
Link | Citer | R
 
Spaitin said: »
WHat you are saying about war is also true about sam. No many situations where you will 6 step. especially with the 99k SC damage cap. Not really sure the point you are trying to make anymore. War has the exact same inbetween SC properties that sam has. Are you just saying sam TP's a bit better than war?
SAM is able to 6 step easily without buffs, or anyone else helping them, unlike WAR.

But then again, we are getting off my point, which you seem to be dancing all around. WAR's skill set is mainly outside the battle and there isn't any need for a killing strategy for WAR other than when you put on DT gear. Why can't you understand that?

Spaitin said: »
easy, on those fights you use spear.
Or better yet, use Upheaval at 200% with TP bonus gear on and do a shitton more damage than spear ever could. Especially with Chango.

I'm starting to think that you don't understand what's WAR's true strength is....
Offline
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
Posts: 2961
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-08-23 11:38:59
Link | Citer | R
 
but that is what he is saying.

TL;DR:
sam has better management, so does more skilly chainy thing. that is it's main focus.
war? berserk and smash things
can war do sam things? possibly?
should it? naa, just damage loss across the board for warrior's padded numbers.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 296
By Spaitin 2019-08-23 11:39:06
Link | Citer | R
 
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Spaitin said: »
WHat you are saying about war is also true about sam. No many situations where you will 6 step. especially with the 99k SC damage cap. Not really sure the point you are trying to make anymore. War has the exact same inbetween SC properties that sam has. Are you just saying sam TP's a bit better than war?
SAM is able to 6 step easily without buffs, or anyone else helping them, unlike WAR.

But then again, we are getting off my point, which you seem to be dancing all around. WAR's skill set is mainly outside the battle and there isn't any need for a killing strategy for WAR other than when you put on DT gear. Why can't you understand that?

Spaitin said: »
easy, on those fights you use spear.
Or better yet, use Upheaval at 200% with TP bonus gear on and do a shitton more damage than spear ever could. Especially with Chango.

I'm starting to think that you don't understand what's WAR's true strength is....
Yeah that is the main strategy with war. as is just spamming fudo on sam. how are you going to 6 step with another DPS spamming their WS? what fight are you referring to?

And i guess ill ask it again. why are you bringing up sam on a war thread? You do know they are different jobs right?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 31325
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-23 11:39:24
Link | Citer | R
 
Spaitin said: »
Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
Spaitin said: »
saying sam TP's a bit better than war?
isnt this like.....
the whole basic concept of SAM ?
Yeah, and I would agree if that is what he is saying. His point is a bit weird.
It's your counterpoints that are off the mark.

We aren't talking about WAR's utility with SC and damage, we are talking about WAR's skill and where it is used most often. I used SAM as an example only because SAMs have more to consider during battle than WARs do, due to their WS and SC capabilities. Which you even went and admitted to.
Offline
Posts: 296
By Spaitin 2019-08-23 11:42:25
Link | Citer | R
 
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Spaitin said: »
Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
Spaitin said: »
saying sam TP's a bit better than war?
isnt this like.....
the whole basic concept of SAM ?
Yeah, and I would agree if that is what he is saying. His point is a bit weird.
It's your counterpoints that are off the mark.

We aren't talking about WAR's utility with SC and damage, we are talking about WAR's skill and where it is used most often. I used SAM as an example only because SAMs have more to consider during battle than WARs do, due to their WS and SC capabilities. Which you even went and admitted to.
On sam the most common strategy is spamming fudo second being a long SC. on war the most common strategy is spamming upheaval. its second most being a spam of reso and third most doing light SC's of various length 3-6 step. I agree with that. War has exactly the same light SC capablilities as sam in genereal high buff. sam/fighters roll. Is sam better at 6 stepping? sure, why would you ever six step? name the mob where you would consider a six step better than two jobs just mashing the WS they are best at. In the general bard geo cor whm sam war party set up, they are never going to do a long SC. so I assume you are talking about some other strat. not sure the mob you prefer to use this on.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 31325
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-23 11:43:58
Link | Citer | R
 
Spaitin said: »
And i guess ill ask it again. why are you bringing up sam on a war thread? You do know they are different jobs right?
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
90% of a WAR's skill occurs outside the battle. Mainly, creating scripts for specific situations (high buff TP/WS, low buff TP/WS, DT-, etc.). But during a battle, the only thing a WAR (and all DDs outside SAM, and only because they have a lot more WSs to deal with than others) has to worry about it when to switch to DT- and switch back to full attack mode.
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
It's all a moot point since you pretty much agreed that there is no strat for WAR in battles other than when to put on the DT- gear. Healers/Buffers/Debuffers have more to do during fights than WAR ever does.
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
But then again, we are getting off my point, which you seem to be dancing all around. WAR's skill set is mainly outside the battle and there isn't any need for a killing strategy for WAR other than when you put on DT gear. Why can't you understand that?
Offline
Posts: 296
By Spaitin 2019-08-23 11:48:17
Link | Citer | R
 
Spaitin said: »
It's all a moot point since you pretty much agreed that there is no strat for WAR in battles other than when to put on the DT- gear. Healers/Buffers/Debuffers have more to do during fights than WAR ever does.
can you show me where you think i agreed to that? cuz i dont.
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
But then again, we are getting off my point, which you seem to be dancing all around. WAR's skill set is mainly outside the battle and there isn't any need for a killing strategy for WAR other than when you put on DT gear. Why can't you understand that?
now you are going from NEVER to MAINLY. which is it? sam and war BOTH MAINLY spam 1 WS for an entire fight except in oddball fights. Can sam 6 step better? sure why not. what fight are you using that in? and why is it relevant to this thread?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 31325
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-23 11:49:36
Link | Citer | R
 
Spaitin said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Spaitin said: »
Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
Spaitin said: »
saying sam TP's a bit better than war?
isnt this like.....
the whole basic concept of SAM ?
Yeah, and I would agree if that is what he is saying. His point is a bit weird.
It's your counterpoints that are off the mark.

We aren't talking about WAR's utility with SC and damage, we are talking about WAR's skill and where it is used most often. I used SAM as an example only because SAMs have more to consider during battle than WARs do, due to their WS and SC capabilities. Which you even went and admitted to.
On sam the most common strategy is spamming fudo. on war the most common strategy is spamming upheaval. I agree with that. War has exactly the same light SC capablilities as sam in genereal high buff. sam/fighters roll. Is sam better at 6 stepping? sure, why would you ever six step? name the mob where you would consider a six step better than two jobs just mashing the WS they are best at.
I wouldn't and that's not my argument at all. Hell, I even bolded and italic'd it for you. And you still don't understand.

Let me try with underlining this time:

THERE IS NO STRATEGY FOR WARRIORS BECAUSE THE MAIN SKILL SET OF A WARRIOR DURING A FIGHT IS WHEN TO PUT ON DAMAGE TAKEN REDUCTION ARMOR AND WHEN TO PUT ON TP GEAR ON. ALMOST ALL OF THE SKILL SET OF A WARRIOR HAPPENS OUTSIDE THE BATTLE IN FORM OF INFORMATION GATHERING AND GEARING UP VARIOUS SETS FOR SPECIFIC SITUATIONS

There, that's my point in this whole mess.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 31325
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-23 11:51:02
Link | Citer | R
 
Spaitin said: »
can you show me where you think i agreed to that? cuz i dont.
Actually, I don't think even you know what your point is now, at this point.

I think you are arguing for argument's sake.
Offline
Posts: 296
By Spaitin 2019-08-23 11:53:34
Link | Citer | R
 
I guess you need examples. When i do yakshi/neak with a solo war as the DPS i do a 5 step SC. so i guess your no strategy thing is gone again. And i wouldnt even call long SC set ups an in-fight strategy. It is basically always determined before the fight. You have to tell the other members what the SC order is going to be or else they crowd out the SC window. you do this all BEFORE the fight. SO yeah. I disagree with every point you made other than this. The main strat for war is spamming upheaval.


EDIT. you also do the same thing with sam. you tell the party the SC order before the fight.
Offline
Posts: 296
By Spaitin 2019-08-23 11:54:55
Link | Citer | R
 
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Spaitin said: »
can you show me where you think i agreed to that? cuz i dont.
Actually, I don't think even you know what your point is now, at this point.

I think you are arguing for argument's sake.
Ill spell it out for you i guess. Cuz you just admitted i didnt say anything like that.

War has more than one strat. Infact, i do long SC all the time on war.

i mean... i even listed in order which ones are most common.

Spaitin said: »
on war the most common strategy is spamming upheaval. its second most being a spam of reso and third most doing light SC's of various length 3-6 step.
Offline
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
Posts: 2961
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-08-23 11:56:15
Link | Citer | R
 
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Actually, I don't think even you know what your point is now, at this point.
but the popcorn is yum


Spaitin said: »
It is basically always determined before the fight.
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
ALMOST ALL OF THE SKILL SET OF A WARRIOR HAPPENS OUTSIDE THE BATTLE IN FORM OF INFORMATION GATHERING AND GEARING UP VARIOUS SETS FOR SPECIFIC SITUATIONS
[+]
First Page 2 3