Monster Killing Strats For WARRIOR!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Monster Killing Strats for WARRIOR!
Monster Killing Strats for WARRIOR!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-23 11:59:42
Link | Citer | R

Spaitin said: »
When i do yakshi/neak with a solo war as the DPS i do a 5 step SC.
The main strat for war is spamming upheaval.
Wait, did you just contradict yourself in the same post?

Look, WARs don't have much to do during fights. PLDs/RUNs have more to do because they are either looking for specific situations to use specific job abilities for. Healers have more to do because they have specific abilities/spells to look for to apply -na/erase at the same time as keeping everyone healed. Buffers/debuffers have more to do because they are looking at timers for specific buffs that those fights call for, while at the same time debuffs to wear and reapply, while at the same time provide support to healers in terms of healing or erasing bad effects.

WAR's job? Smash as fast as possible. That's it.

There's nothing else for a WAR to do, other than survive. That's it. There is little to no thinking involved with WAR.
By Spaitin 2019-08-23 12:01:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
When i do yakshi/neak with a solo war as the DPS i do a 5 step SC.
The main strat for war is spamming upheaval.
Wait, did you just contradict yourself in the same post?

Look, WARs don't have much to do during fights. PLDs/RUNs have more to do because they are either looking for specific situations to use specific job abilities for. Healers have more to do because they have specific abilities/spells to look for to apply -na/erase at the same time as keeping everyone healed. Buffers/debuffers have more to do because they are looking at timers for specific buffs that those fights call for, while at the same time debuffs to wear and reapply, while at the same time provide support to healers in terms of healing or erasing bad effects.

WAR's job? Smash as fast as possible. That's it.

There's nothing else for a WAR to do, other than survive. That's it. There is little to no thinking involved with WAR.
it is amazing how selective your reading is lol. your just cherry picking quotes. Not even the whole quote.

You seem like a troll? is that it? You seem to be conflating the word "Main" with "only"

Sams main strat is a fudo spam. doesnt mean it cant doing a long SC like you are saying.

Wars main strat is an upheaval spam. doesnt mean only. TO say the only thing you do on war is spam a WS is kinda silly.

Main and Only are different words. I am not sure you understand that.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-23 12:06:18
Link | Citer | R

And now we come to the point where debating with you is pointless.

Especially when you are purposefully ignoring my argument for a projection of one you created for your own behalf.

Have fun with this thread. I highly doubt you will get any of your so-called "strategies" where a WAR does anything remotely close to what other jobs do.

I mean, you can write a lua to do 100% of a WAR's job you are advocating with, and focus on another job to do the work instead.
By Spaitin 2019-08-23 12:07:51
Link | Citer | R

Lol what is your sam strat on onchyphora? There are two that I use with it when I am bored.

On schah teles Kirin WOC VINI NEAK YAKSHI ERYNYS I like to do 3 step SC. I guess it isnt a SC though cuz it is war.
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-08-23 12:11:30
Link | Citer | R

I mean.
Quote:
didnt mention anything about group content or solo play, trash mobs or high level endgame bosses.
no scenario setup, just in general.

ofcourse, each boss is bound to have it's own strategies, which affects every player/job's function up to a degree.

also assuming asking for strategies that are unique about the class/job compared to other classes/jobs while killing monsters.

I have to agree on this. War Smash.
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-08-23 12:15:05
Link | Citer | R

Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
I mean.
Quote:
didnt mention anything about group content or solo play, trash mobs or high level endgame bosses.

ofcourse, each boss is bound to have it's own strategies, which affects every player/job's function up to a degree.

also assuming asking for strategies that are unique about the class/job compared to other classes/jobs while killing monsters.

Majority of my helm fights I use SC's so i would have to disagree. On drk and sam we have a strat for just smashing the mobs to death spamming 1 ws and we have longer SC set ups as well. Almost all Ambu fights where a tank is required and the mechanics allow, we use SC's.
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-08-23 12:16:31
Link | Citer | R

yeah well, most of my mandragora slaying fights outside windurst will have to disagree
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-23 12:20:00
Link | Citer | R

I mean.
Quote:

Majority of my helm fights I use SC's so i would have to disagree.
You are conflating the general term of "smash" to mean "not do anything else."

Whereas, it is generally accepted that when somebody uses the term "smash" it means "kill it as fast as possible doing as much damage as you possibly can." Which also means using tools associated with the job, aka weaponskills.

Therefor, I present to the public your lack of understanding as what a Warrior does in this game. I propose that this thread become one about cats mages, because it would be just as productive as the original topic would have been.

Good day sir!
By Spaitin 2019-08-23 12:24:24
Link | Citer | R

I mean.
Quote:

Majority of my helm fights I use SC's so i would have to disagree.
You are conflating the general term of "smash" to mean "not do anything else."

Whereas, it is generally accepted that when somebody uses the term "smash" it means "kill it as fast as possible doing as much damage as you possibly can." Which also means using tools associated with the job, aka weaponskills.

Therefor, I present to the public your lack of understanding as what a Warrior does in this game. I propose that this thread become one about cats mages, because it would be just as productive as the original topic would have been.

Good day sir!
Cute that you are using conflate. It seems to have upset you.

so doing a longer SC (most of my helms are usually 3-5 step) is smashing. Okay, then I smash. sam also smashes apparently. Unless you have some secret strat on sam to kill things slowly. Still waiting on your onchy strat on sam BTW. Going through some of your posts, it appears you argue with people for dumb reasons they cant understand all the time. You are narcissistic enough to have never thought "maybe it is me?" So i guess troll is a good description for you.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-23 12:32:26
Link | Citer | R

I said good day sir!
By Spaitin 2019-08-23 12:32:51
Link | Citer | R

I said good day sir!
lol just cant help yourself.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-23 12:34:30
Link | Citer | R

Actually, it was a joke, but since it flew over your head....

I didn't read your diatribe before I made that post. But now that I read it, I stand by my point.

Good day sir!
By Spaitin 2019-08-23 12:35:08
Link | Citer | R

Actually, it was a joke, but since it flew over your head....

I didn't read your diatribe before I made that post. But now that I read it, I stand by my point.

Good day sir!
And then you walked right into it again. You really just cant help yourself. 3 attempts at a last word.
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-08-23 12:36:45
Link | Citer | R

so all this time, I have a question in my head....

people actually have strategy in this game?
you know, outside LUA scripting for every scenario, having the game almost play itself, while watching netflix and sexting on skype?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-23 12:40:29
Link | Citer | R

people actually have strategy in this game?
Used to. Back in the 75 era. You actually had to be good at it too.

Abyssea threw that out the window.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-08-23 12:54:37
Link | Citer | R

I still need to war smn geo brd rdm cor something one day

perfect defense + mighty strikes + buffs + debuffs
everyone has good time
war has most fun time
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-08-23 13:15:11
Link | Citer | R

Warrior strategy for winning life.

Step #1 Remember to put on armor before leaving house
Step #2 Remember to pick up weapons before leaving house
Step #3 Find monster to hit
Step #4 Smash monster with weapons until it stops moving
Step #5 Find new monster and repeat as needed

If a warrior gets bored with smashing, pull out new weapon and resume smashing.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-23 14:53:21
Link | Citer | R

So, that's 3 people who said to smash stuff. Nobody giving out strats.

Did I get that right?
By Spaitin 2019-08-23 15:55:21
Link | Citer | R

Did I get that right?
well yeah. as you said. doing a SC is smashing.

WS make a SC. so smash smash. making a SC with war is fairly often the quickest strat for killing.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-23 16:03:08
Link | Citer | R

By Spaitin 2019-08-23 16:11:51
Link | Citer | R

lol you defined it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-08-23 17:46:04
Link | Citer | R

Did I get that right?

Smashing is a strat, it's kind of the whole purpose for WAR. The archetype that Warrior falls into is as a bruiser. Bruisers are DPS's that focus on pushing out large amounts of damage while also being able to take punishment. They usually accomplish this at the expense of speed / stealth or utility. In contrast you have the assassin archetype that does high DPS while focusing on speed / stealth to avoid being splattered. There is also the glass cannon archetype, typically mages or ranged DPS, that deal high DPS but have low defense and will be smashed if they get the boss's attention.

I absolutely love playing bruisers in all MMO's, the whole concept is just really fun to me, though others find it boring.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-23 18:00:11
Link | Citer | R

What's your stance on so-called general strategies for WAR?

In other words, one idea is that most of the WAR's strategy is comprised outside of the battle itself, and only about 10% of the skill of playing WAR in any scenario is SC management and knowing when to put on DT gear or not. The other just denies that and thinks that WARs only are supposed to use one WS for most, if not all, content, with no concept of viability, just pure damage output..
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-08-23 20:42:55
Link | Citer | R

In other words, one idea is that most of the WAR's strategy is comprised outside of the battle itself, and only about 10% of the skill of playing WAR in any scenario is SC management and knowing when to put on DT gear or not. The other just denies that and thinks that WARs only are supposed to use one WS for most, if not all, content, with no concept of viability, just pure damage output..

Those are both hyberpole.

FFXI is a good 70~80% preparation / communication, only around 20% of this game is actual playing skill. Knowing what to use, when to use it, and having the appropriate gear set for it are crucial things in today's meta. Making SC's is all preparation because the player needs to already know which WS's can chain with which others and what dangerous moves the enemy has access to.
By ryukin182 2019-08-23 20:59:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Those are both hyberpole.

FFXI is a good 70~80% preparation / communication, only around 20% of this game is actual playing skill.

I'd give it 10%, if even tbf

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-08-24 03:54:23
Link | Citer | R

to say something I never say, Kingnobody is right

when it comes to concrete decision-making tasks for optimizing damage output, the vast majority of decision-making for WAR is outside of battle. WAR doesn't benefit from improvisation or reaction the same way SAM does. this is just a fact. WAR generally knows exactly what things it's going to do before pop. DT-sets and oh-***moments are the main improvisations that come up but they affect all melees roughly equally.

SAM still makes numerous outside-of-battle decisions but also benefits from the ability to improvise because of skillchain proficiency. You'll see crummy SAMs spamming Fudo or Shoha when they really could be picking a WS based on the previous WS that landed. Sometimes Fudo spam is fine, but a good SAM needs to make those kinds of decisions on-the-fly, i.e. in battle.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-08-24 03:58:48
Link | Citer | R

I mean.
Quote:

Majority of my helm fights I use SC's so i would have to disagree. On drk and sam we have a strat for just smashing the mobs to death spamming 1 ws and we have longer SC set ups as well. Almost all Ambu fights where a tank is required and the mechanics allow, we use SC's.

Yeah and again, the SCs are decided before the battle starts. When you NEED a certain SC you don't improvise. In a different scenario you might have a DD just using its strongest weaponskills, and a SAM in that party chooses to do what maximizes damage -in the middle of the fight- to match with the other weaponskills.
By SimonSes 2019-08-24 04:47:23
Link | Citer | R

SAM capabilities to self SC (including light) are much better than WAR, not because of damage, but because of:

1. You can TP in MEVA/Subtle blow gear which greatly increase damage done per fed TP and you will resist amnesia, paralyze, stun and other shits than can break self SC. You also mostly using 4 step for this Fudo>Kasha>Shoha>Fudo. Check some Ejin videos. He used self SC on SAM to kill almost everything relevant for lowman/selfSC strategies.

2. SAM has skillchain bonus trait and gifts (bonus fact: less than DNC, which is a king of Darkness skillchain bursting!). So when mob is weak to skillchain, but resist physical damage, you can still make quite a nice damage from skillchain even when your WS numbers are lower.
By Spaitin 2019-08-24 08:58:39
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
SAM capabilities to self SC (including light) are much better than WAR, not because of damage, but because of:

1. You can TP in MEVA/Subtle blow gear which greatly increase damage done per fed TP and you will resist amnesia, paralyze, stun and other shits than can break self SC. You also mostly using 4 step for this Fudo>Kasha>Shoha>Fudo. Check some Ejin videos. He used self SC on SAM to kill almost everything relevant for lowman/selfSC strategies.

2. SAM has skillchain bonus trait and gifts (bonus fact: less than DNC, which is a king of Darkness skillchain bursting!). So when mob is weak to skillchain, but resist physical damage, you can still make quite a nice damage from skillchain even when your WS numbers are lower.
I will agree that sam is a better overall SC job. It seems to have about 8-10% or so more SC bonus with masa in most fights.. But in high buff on the majority of high end content. It plays basically the same as war. Just a spam of its strongest ws. I would say in the neighborhood of 9/10 high end fights it is using a fudo spam and almost all of the "easy fights". Both jobs basically do all of their "strats" right before the fight . It has mostly the same play style. In niche fight strats they both are capable of various length SC, but those are fairly rare compared to the spam fights and not really needed by either job most of the time. doable yes but not commonly needed. Lowman fights (not a full party) is not really something i put much thought into. In those fights on war it is usually a three step double light or a three step piercing darkness. Most mobs are dead in three steps. I am more referring to your general six man set up with ideal buffs. Most fights are spams which means you are going to see a spam of reso/savage/fudo/upheaval/torcleaver/Dimidiation/LS, in which case you are extremely unlikely to get above a 2 step SC and most likely will be either opening or closing with fudo. You have an arguement for adding ID and stardiver in there now with shining one. But to optimize party damage the same probably wont be using GK because of buffs. You might get some sam to try and force a longer SC in a party, but that usually ends up decreasing overall party DPS since everyone is holding.