Monster Killing Strats For WARRIOR!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Monster Killing Strats for WARRIOR!
Monster Killing Strats for WARRIOR!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2020-02-22 21:38:19
Link | Citer | R

malakef said: »
WAR feels a little behind SAM

Huh what.....

WAR/SAM/DRK/MNK/DRG are all in the same range with minor differences happening based on the fight itself.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-02-24 10:41:53
Link | Citer | R

A party set up with RUN COR GEO BARD WHM with a WAR will do much more dmg than a party with a sam/drk/mnk/drg instead. Warcry is just that strong.It is no longer which DPS does the most damage, it is more of which dps brings more to the table other than dmg. OF all the DPS, war brings the most to the party. IMO sam actually brings the least overall to a party. DRG has the pet, drk has magic and mnk has mantra/SB. In situations where you can solo SC. I tend to give sam the edge, war is good at it too though with better 3 and 4 steps. War can close with their best WS twice in a row for light light, and doesnt suffer from the curse of fudo. A DPS party with a war is better than a party without a war. Not to mention how well Upheaval can SC with cor/sam/drk/rune/everyone. War also has better utility weaponskills than any other job. Weapon/armor/shield/full break.

Basically any job that uses a WS that scales with TP wont do it's best damage unless they are in a party with a WAR. Same for crit WS. Should see what sam can do with shining one if paired with a war lol. So basically all of the DD want to party with a war.
Asura.Arico said: »
Also, this is a super hot take, but I think people way over value MS/BR
I find warcry overall to be better than MS/BR

Zerging helms on war is actually pretty easy (and mnk/sam/drg). Dont need a tank for most of the helms, dont need MS for most of them either. I would say war is handily the best DPS for helms.

Asura.Zulaern said: »
If you could only have 1 of either WAR or SAM
If you saying this as which job you would prefer in a DPS part, then war wins easily because it buffs the party.
If you are referring to which one you enjoy playing more? idk both are fun. up to you.

Which one is easier to gear? Between sam//drk/war I would call it a wash. War doesnt really want a rem weapon, but war is good with a LOT of weapons. You end up getting a lot of stuff. Chango is genreally the best weapon on war, but not always. Spiral hell inside of escha during warcry is doing strange things. Like more dmg than it mathematically should. Shining one can do strange things too in alliance parties. Resolution will actually beat upheaval by a lot during MS etc. Raetic reso with or without MS inside of escha is pretty nuts.

Asura.Arico said: »
Is a 99,999 Radiance really better than a 99,999 light?
This is a prime example of looking at just the big number. Doji might be tied with masa on the end of the SC, but doji wins on every other fusion/grav etc.
Also doji has jinpu craziness.

If you want a conversation on which DPS and why, then go to the actual thread for it

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54386/what-heavy-dd-would-you-pick-and-why

Been like 3 threads asking about it in the last few months.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [103 days between previous and next post]
By Spaitin 2020-06-06 21:30:19
Link | Citer | R

Albumen strat with war.

Party

WAR
COR
BARD
WHM
GEO
GEO

Difficulty: Pretty easy.

Can swap out one of the geo for another cor.

War uses Aggressor, Warcry, MS, BR, Defender and Retaliation. Can use whatever weapon you want. I tend to favor UPheaval because of the benefit of entrust and boost vit. I used to use sushi every time, but have been using miso ramen lately and have kept the same acc. So probably use that. I used to go 5/5 volte, but found the hja set works just fine and you can TP faster and do more DPS with the hja set. So i recommend that.

Cor is a SB build and uses Sam/fighters. Try to lightshot the dia.

Bard does HM VM ACC ACC and spams whatever WS they have geared.

WHM does the usual buffs plus boost vit, barfira and baramnesra.

GEO 1 does Bolster Frail barrier attunement plus Dia.

Geo 2 does Bolster Vex Wilt entrust vit.

Fight is simple. Pop mob and let bard nitro sleep the adds. Once asleep just get everyone to smash the mob. Hundred fists is not an issue since you will have a MASSIVE amount of defense. Retaliation actually makes the hundred fists segment super fun. You basically will be doing your WS at max TP. Fight lasts like 20 seconds once you get started.

I have done it with the cor popping and I have done it with the war popping. Both works just fine. Bolster frail plus light shot will cap your attack on all jobs.

Shout out to eijin. Watched his video and came up with this idea. Used to do it with a rune instead of a second geo before, but i like this set up more. Very consistent.

Side note. going cor cor geo geo whm brd worked really well too. Just do the same thing but have the second cor do Gallant and Runist rolls. That party set up actually does well for a lot of fights.

Also, if doing the double cor method. You can get rid of all of the physical defense bubbles/rolls and switch them for evasion. With the Malignance set, albumen will have floored acc. But wrong thread for that.
[+]
Serveur: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2020-06-15 22:37:14
Link | Citer | R

Anyone using war for ambu this month? If so, what SC are you using? RR > RR > Up > UP?
By Spaitin 2020-06-16 20:18:37
Link | Citer | R

That is what I use
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-16 20:20:52
Link | Citer | R

Would you guys mind sharing your war strats with me?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-06-17 02:17:17
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

Step #1
See monster alive,

Step #2
Smash monster

Step #3
Repeat #2 until monster is dead.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-06-17 22:32:19
Link | Citer | R

For what content?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-18 03:49:20
Link | Citer | R

Spaitin said: »
For what content?

At the moment I didn't realize that it was a standard war multistep setup. Just stun nether. Or turn and dia?
By Spaitin 2020-06-18 20:48:12
Link | Citer | R

For what content?

At the moment I didn't realize that it was a standard war multistep setup. Just stun nether. Or turn and dia?
For what content?
By Pantafernando 2020-06-18 21:05:14
Link | Citer | R

This sounds like dula ambuscade
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]
By Spaitin 2020-08-07 13:24:40
Link | Citer | R

August 2020 VD ambuscade strat

Difficulty: Extremely easy

Fight time :1-3 minutes or less. Add a couple minutes of buffing. I have finished a few runs before warcry wore.

Set up. DDx2 geo cor bard RDM/BLM.

I used run war geo cor bard rdm. Dont really need the rune, but it is pretty nice. Doesnt HAVE to be war. But warcry is one of the best DPS party buffs in the game. Rune is in a DPS build. Any 2 DD work as well.

ES sleep the mobs in the center and then pick one. RDM addles it and then just smash them as fast as possible. Mobs die too fast to be much of a threat.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-07 13:29:46
Link | Citer | R

What was the point of this thread again?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-08-07 13:55:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Mostly to discuss the SMN battle strategies.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-07 15:26:49
Link | Citer | R

endxen said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

For you to up your post count.
That comes naturally.

Because I'm awesome.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [140 days between previous and next post]
By Spaitin 2020-12-25 16:13:16
Link | Citer | R

Kirin/Kouryu War strat

There are two strats for this I like to use.

First strat is war war geo cor bard whm.

Buffs are bolster frail vex attunement Sam/Fighter Dia HM VM acc and earth carol Nocturne addle etc. Agressor defender warcry MS and BR. Auspice barstonra .

Have a terror tonic on macro.

Bard and cor can melee if they want.

So pop kirin, move him a few yalms ahead and smash him to death. Kouryu should pop before any adds are summoned. Kill him on his front paws. Takes about 4 WS per mob. Fight should take about 20-30 seconds. Adds won't spawn if DPS is fast enough. Which is pretty easy these days.

Use terror tonic as kirin despawns.

Second Strat is to do that but with a tank. You don't actually need to use MS. If your DPS isn't fast enough to ignore adds, use this strategy.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Spaitin 2020-12-25 16:26:56
Link | Citer | R

I Would, but I don't really know how to do the whole video thing.
By kasnuaku 2020-12-25 16:49:05
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2020-12-25 17:57:45
Link | Citer | R

Is that turtle fight an issue on WAR? would have to check it, I usually solo those chapters fight on BLU, maybe start with GS and do Shockwave to keep mobs in check.
[+]
By kasnuaku 2020-12-25 18:28:45
Link | Citer | R

it was a bit much on the highest level to tank, but my warrior needed a Damage taken set. I def wiped a few times just from the black mage turtle getting few major spells off.
 Valefor.Thioo
Serveur: Valefor
user: Thio
By Valefor.Thioo 2020-12-25 19:03:46
Link | Citer | R

Danggggg you're still playing!? I lurk here and there and saw you pop up :O
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2020-12-25 19:56:49
Link | Citer | R

Second Strat is to do that but with a tank.
Been doing basically this the last few times we killed this guy. If you're burning SPs anyway, you can have the whm Asylum at 60% or so and you don't have to worry about temps. That has worked fine for us anyway ^^

Going with a tank is pretty nice too, RUN can dish out some real mean Resolutions with all those buffs (been goin sam/chaos because of RUN/BRD/CORs lower atk, not sure if totally necessary)
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-12-25 20:12:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chendar said: »
Second Strat is to do that but with a tank.
Been doing basically this the last few times we killed this guy. If you're burning SPs anyway, you can have the whm Asylum at 60% or so and you don't have to worry about temps. That has worked fine for us anyway ^^

Going with a tank is pretty nice too, RUN can dish out some real mean Resolutions with all those buffs (been goin sam/chaos because of RUN/BRD/CORs lower atk, not sure if totally necessary)
Very nice. I usually use a rune as a dps when using a tank. Warcry and rune are best friends.

You are overdoing attack.
Bolster frailty + dia is 99% defense down. Which caps attack on all jobs for any target that doesn't resist geomancy. None of the escha mobs resist it. . Even with just a +7 geo you will easily cap attack. If you aren't using SP then fury+frail+break+dia will cap attack (remember Blaze). Light shot brings the mobs defense to 1
One thing I have noticed on 1 hour zerging is that people over do attack too much. Bolster frail+ Light shot dia is 105% defense down. If no Idris and just a +2 neck, add an armor break and you are capped.

As crazy as this sounds, people don't get the most out of geo on 1 hour zergs. They default to fury/frail dia sam/chaos + Bard songs. Since frail + dial is all you need. Fury and chaos are a complete waste. Fighter's roll for sure and you now have 2 geo spells you can play around with. I like vex/attunement. Makes mobs harmless, easiest way to deal with TP moves and spells. So, you would greatly increase your DPS by dropping fury/chaos and adding in other stuff.

Also, people don't realize how good geo is. with 1 hour, geo can cap attack/acc/haste at the same time. Which means you can drop the bard and add another DPS or another cor or something to increase DPS.

Good idea with Asylum. Never thought of that
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [320 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Bladework
user: Bladework
By Asura.Bladework 2021-11-10 18:04:15
Link | Citer | R

I dunno how I missed this thread before but this is amazing.

I know with gear creep and now Mastery levels things will be a bit less difficult but I'd love to see this come back.

Thank you Spaitin.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [63 days between previous and next post]
By Spaitin 2022-01-12 21:30:30
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the kind words. Just came back after a break with this game.

Working Master Levels atm

Going War War GEO COR BARD WHM and doing a fell cleave spam. So far that seems to work best. Anyone else have any fun war centered strats?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [385 days between previous and next post]
By Spaitin 2023-02-01 22:29:40
Link | Citer | R

Dhartok sortie strat

Clobbering wave appears to only deal big damage if you are poisoned. does 0 when you are not "tainted". We have 2 strats that have worked well.

1st strat is to kite on war and have a rdm or rng hit them with heavy light based magic WS. It works good, super easy, but slow. Very consistent. Don't need the metal plate. We always used rdm, never tried RNG, but I assume it works great as well.

2nd strat is to have 2 dps use WS that wont cause the bad SC to go off. Have to have the metal so you can remove the taint. Will not work with out it. This strat is faster, but can get goofed up a bit if you do not pay attention. Yag whm is probably really helpful, but we do not have access to one.

We engage with a Sam and a War facing the mob with the geo,cor,whm,bard sitting outside of conal range keeping poisona going. I also recommend Antidotes just in case. the war alternates upheaval and King's. the sam was alternating Shoha and Fudo. Can kill the mob in roughly a minute. I have tried long SC, but making sure taint is removed made me decide to keep the strategy a little simpler.

Doesnt have to be a war or a sam. But that is what we used.
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-02-01 23:32:54
Link | Citer | R

Interesting party comp Spaitin. Do you guys bring a BRD out of want or need?