Random Politics & Religion #34

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 133 134 135
By Zerowone 2018-08-19 21:57:23
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Zerowone said: »
Odin.Slore said: »
I really like the latest change that if your appointment is over 90 days you can get a voucher to go see a private Dr and then they complete your care. For me I use ortho and waits were generally over 6 months.

Also, that’s not a Trump administration change.

The Choice program predates Trump.

https://www.va.gov/health/newsfeatures/2015/july/10-things-to-know-about-choice-program.asp

Quote:
By Hans Petersen
Wednesday, July 22, 2015
The Veterans Choice Program is a new, temporary benefit that allows eligible Veterans to receive health care in their communities rather than waiting for a VA appointment or traveling to a VA facility.
1: Am I eligible for the Choice Program?

You must have been enrolled in VA health care on or before August 1, 2014, or be eligible to enroll as a recently discharged combat Veteran. You must also meet at least one of the following criteria:

You are told by your local VA medical facility that you will need to wait more than 30 days for an appointment from the date clinically determined by your physician, or, if not such date is provided, our preferred date

Something something Obama doesn’t care about Vets...

Something something I pretended to read it something something.

Your nihilism is above 9000. We need down at a 10.
By Zerowone 2018-08-19 22:17:27
Link | Citer | R

Eboneezer said: »
More things to point out.

The bill was proposed by a republican. It passed the republican controlled house numerous times and was denied in the democratic senate numerous times.

And the three dissenting votes were against the funding. Congress isn't allowed to add to the federal deficit without subtracting money from somewhere else. By declaring the vote as an emergency, they were able to bypass this. These three Congressmen attempted to make a point of order against the emergency designation but Sanders waived the point of order and their dissenting votes ensued. They were voting against more debt. They wanted it to be funded properly.
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
They were voting against more debt. They wanted it to be funded properly.

That's a laughable reason when you look at how much they are adding to the debt right now.

Or when you consider that:

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/06/06/trump-signs-55-billion-bill-replace-va-choice-program.html

Quote:
Isakson acknowledged that the bill isn't paid for but said he is working with Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Alabama, chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee, to add funding for the bill that would likely balloon the deficit. The White House has argued for funding the bill by cutting other programs.

The Choice program allowed veterans who lived more than 40 miles from a VA facility or had to wait more than 30 days for an appointment to have access to private care, but the program was time limited and Congress has struggled to come up with money for extensions.

The program was again due to run out of funding May 31, but the VA said there was enough money remaining to keep it in operation until Trump signed the VA Mission Act.

The new bill called for $5.2 billion in funding to keep the existing Choice program in operation for a year while the VA worked through reforms to consolidate the seven private-care options into one system while eliminating the 30-day, 40-mile restrictions.

However, a Government Accountability Office report on the Veterans Choice Program released Monday cast doubt on the VA's ability to implement the reforms called for under the VA Mission Act.

The GAO said veterans could wait up to 70 days for private-care appointments under the Choice program because of poor communication between the VA and its facilities and "an insufficient number, mix, or geographic distribution of community providers."

But hey it’s better because it’s not Obama.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-20 09:26:01
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Something something I pretended to read it something something.

Your nihilism is above 9000. We need down at a 10.
But Fone majored in nihilism.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-08-20 09:45:09
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
But Fone majored in nihilism.

yeah but he dropped out before he started taking his classes.... which earned him a phd...that he never bothered excepting.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-08-20 10:21:05
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Checkmate, Repuglitardicans.

this morning, driving in to work, I saw a car with four bumper stickers across their rear bumper....

COEXIST IMPEACH TRUMP NOT MY PRESIDENT TOLERANCE

of course I immediately burst into song....

/sings IT'S LIKE RAAAAAIIIIIAAAAAAAN ON YOUR WEDDING DAY!!!!

YouTube Video Placeholder

thanks random knucklehead...
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-08-20 10:42:16
Link | Citer | R

[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-08-20 11:53:20
Link | Citer | R

You're all wrong and your opinions suck.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2018-08-20 12:37:46
Link | Citer | R

It never was Obama. You keep trying to give him credit for something he wasn't involved in. Get off the man's *** for once.

The rest of your post was just a bunch of "maybes or mights." Most of which pointed to the poor performance and communication of the VA, which has gone ignored long enough. Again, let the problems be brought to light so they can be dealt with.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-08-20 12:58:35
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
fone, dont bother clicking it. too much text and a waste of your time.

I think we could all use this advice....not just foney

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2018-08-20 13:23:18
Link | Citer | R

It never was Obama. You keep trying to give him credit for something he wasn't involved in. Get off the man's *** for once.

The rest of your post was just a bunch of "maybes or mights." Most of which pointed to the poor performance and communication of the VA, which has gone ignored long enough. Again, let the problems be brought to light so they can be dealt with.

Its either Obama created the program and Trump has tried to make improvements, or Obama did nothing and Trump has done nothing. It is pretty obvious you just want to credit Trump and ignore Obama, but it doesn't work that way.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-08-20 13:51:09
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
fone, dont bother clicking it. too much text and a waste of your time.
I skimmed it....ummm, yah? lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-08-20 14:29:49
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
It is pretty obvious you just want to credit Trump and ignore Obama, but it doesn't work that way.

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

[+]
By Nausi 2018-08-20 15:30:56
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Checkmate, Repuglitardicans.

this morning, driving in to work, I saw a car with four bumper stickers across their rear bumper....

COEXIST IMPEACH TRUMP NOT MY PRESIDENT TOLERANCE

of course I immediately burst into song....

thanks random knucklehead...

Is this real? Like how do you physically walk to your car and suffocate all prompts for critical thinkin as you re-read your bumper ideology everyday?
By Nausi 2018-08-20 15:31:24
Link | Citer | R

Its either Obama created the program and Trump has tried to make improvements, or Obama did nothing and Trump has done nothing. It is pretty obvious you just want to credit Trump and ignore Obama, but it doesn't work that way.
Yeah.... take that Blumpf!
By Eboneezer 2018-08-20 18:53:24
Link | Citer | R

No, it's not. You can't just make up two incorrect stances and pretend that one has to be picked and accepted. You're making up nonsense and making yourself look pretty foolish to be honest.
Obama had nothing to do with any of this. You brought him up, no one else said anything about him. This was something put together by a republican and passed into law. Trump is trying to improve upon it. I have never said he came up with it. It isn't like it's something new. He's been campaigning and speaking/working on the VA since he took office. Unlike Obama, who you keep bringing up, who never spoke about this or made any attempt to push it along. Just threats to veto is the only peep you got out of him. But keep pretending like he had ANYTHING to do with it if it makes you sleep better at night.

And yes, Trump deserves credit for trying to improve our veteran's affairs since he's actually attempted to improve our veteran's affairs. And yes, it does work like that
By Viciouss 2018-08-20 19:28:25
Link | Citer | R

Lol, it has already been shown that the bill was introduced by a republican and a democrat, so how exactly do the republicans get all the credit?
By Viciouss 2018-08-20 19:33:39
Link | Citer | R

Congress isn't allowed to add to the federal deficit without subtracting money from somewhere else.

Also, this is completely made up. Some states have this rule, but the federal gov't does not. The republicans want to follow this philosophy, but they seldom, if ever do. They added to the federal deficit this year when they passed the omnibus. Its not a law, or even a rule. Its a philosophy, nothing more.
By Zerowone 2018-08-20 19:51:53
Link | Citer | R

You seem to miss the point which was addressing Slore’s perception that the “Left and Obama never did anything for the Vets while Trump has being doing an excellent job”; then citing programs that were enacted in the Obama era and attributing them to Trump.

But clearly you aren’t trying to hear that.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2018-08-20 20:00:54
Link | Citer | R

Lol, it has already been shown that the bill was introduced by a republican and a democrat, so how exactly do the republicans get all the credit?

The bill was introduced by Hal Rogers, a Republican. It passed the House many times, to be butchered and ignored by a democratic senate each time. The president threatened to veto it.

Later, it was argued by a republican and democrat, as mentioned previously and what you're referring to, and provisions were made and it was eventually passed.
By Viciouss 2018-08-20 20:07:07
Link | Citer | R

The House passes partisan bills all the time that never become law. The only ones that become law are bipartisan, therefore both parties have to be given credit. You havent made any points for trump here.
By Eboneezer 2018-08-20 20:07:59
Link | Citer | R

Also, this is completely made up. Some states have this rule, but the federal gov't does not.

That absolutely do have these rules, but the Senate has many ways of skirting the rule. If a Congress wants to avoid being fiscally disciplined, they've come up with numerous ways around it. I will concede that expecting them to be fiscally responsible is almost out of the question at this point.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-20 20:12:46
Link | Citer | R

And meanwhile in Venezuela* ....

Venezuela is pegging its economic recovery to a cryptocurrency that’s widely considered a scam

President Nicolas Maduro announces a new currency going into effect Monday to stop its out-of-control inflation, and it's backed by a cryptocurrency that its own parliament says is illegal.
Maduro unveiled the oil-backed "petro" cryptocurrency in February to secure cash in an economic meltdown and evade financial sanctions imposed by Washington. But that currency does not trade, and industry sites have labeled it "scam status."
"This is a smoke-and-mirrors operation typical of Venezuela — I'll believe it when I see it," says Steve Hanke, professor of applied economics at Johns Hopkins University.

*you do remember Venezuela don't you?
By Eboneezer 2018-08-20 20:13:33
Link | Citer | R

The point was brought up that republicans can't get credit for this bill. My point was that a republican introduced the bill, it passed a republican house numerous times. Yes, bipartisanship eventually came into play once they negotiated terms involving the ACA to get their part in.

It was later implied that this was Obama's bill. He didn't introduce it, speak about it, or push for it.

You're now saying that i haven't made any points for Trump. The only points I've brought up about Trump are that he has tried to improve on the bill by extending it to the families. I've also brought up Trump pushing for and signing into law, the VA whistleblowers law to protect the ones that were being fired/disciplined for speaking out against the VA administrators that were skewing numbers to make them appear more efficient.

Which part(s) of those claims are you disputing?
By Eboneezer 2018-08-20 20:15:53
Link | Citer | R

You seem to miss the point which was addressing Slore’s perception that the “Left and Obama never did anything for the Vets while Trump has being doing an excellent job”; then citing programs that were enacted in the Obama era and attributing them to Trump.

That's a pretty terrible attempt at changing your stance. I take it you concede and we can end this discussion
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-20 20:21:18
Link | Citer | R

Also, this is completely made up. Some states have this rule, but the federal gov't does not.
That absolutely do have these rules, but the Senate has many ways of skirting the rule. If a Congress wants to avoid being fiscally disciplined, they've come up with numerous ways around it. I will concede that expecting them to be fiscally responsible is almost out of the question at this point.
Oh, the Republicans are quite fiscally responsible. Whenever there is a Democratic president.

And they use "tax and spend" as a bludgeon against Democrats. That sounds way more fiscally responsible than the republican ideal of cut taxes for the wealthy and spend like drunken sailors.

Been trickled on lately? Was it at least still warm?
By Eboneezer 2018-08-20 20:22:52
Link | Citer | R

Slore never brought up Obama with the Choice program, you did. You tried to imply credit to him.

I stated that Slore's comment about it being Trump's program was innaccurate, but that he might be talking about Trump's expansion to the program...and everything has gone from there
[+]
By Eboneezer 2018-08-20 20:30:03
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Oh, the Republicans are quite fiscally responsible. Whenever there is a Democratic president.

I don't think either party is fiscally responsible.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-08-20 23:14:09
Link | Citer | R

That's a pretty terrible attempt at changing your stance. I take it you concede and we can end this discussion

Now the left is concerned with homeless vets? Obama did nothing for them.

I know this is just a shitpost but Ill ask anyway, whats changed? Trump fired his VA directot that was doing a good job and had broad support, tried to replace him with a nobody, that blew up in his face, so, whats changed?

The VA system has always been screwed, I know this for fact because I got out in 2005 and have used it since. I do like the new option to see your private doctor if wait is over 90 days, which for ortho it always is.

You were saying?
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 133 134 135