Random Politics & Religion #34

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 133 134 135
By fonewear 2018-08-16 10:17:36
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »
Oh, by the way, about Alex Jones' radio station being shut down. Keep in mind, this happened YESTERDAY, on Ajit Pai's watch! Gee, who appointed Ajit Pai, I wonder? Meanwhile, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, those years were on the watch of Obama's folks, who did nothing against him, even though they should have nailed him then for running a pirate radio station.

Why would I care about this ? Is this critical to PnR ? It isn't informative or funny or relevant. Nice try.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-08-16 11:17:25
Link | Citer | R

fonewear & candlejack bffs said:
Meanwhile, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, those years were on the watch of Obama's folks, who did nothing

/blows dust off the old

THANKS OBAMA!!!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-16 13:12:07
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
... running a pirate radio station.
Why would I care about this ? Is this critical to PnR ? It isn't informative or funny or relevant. Nice try.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-16 14:20:59
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »
Not a hill billy but live near them. Not Budweiser however I would take that over Bud Light.

The entire region where I live survives on beef jerky Skoal and light beer. That is a three course meal for most people in this area sadly.

so I wasn't that far off then?

No I was just playing along cause it was a good post.

I would guess somewhere near syracuse ny based on his written dialect.

Closer to me. I am about 30 miles NW of Syracuse.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-16 14:40:28
Link | Citer | R

Chicago-area manufacturer to lay off 150 people as it moves operations to Mexico, in part to avoid tariffs on Chinese metal
Chicago Tribune on MSN

Quote:
A manufacturer of storage safes is closing its two Chicago-area factories and moving operations to Mexico, in part because of the Trump administration's tariffs on metal from China.

Stack-On Products plans to lay off 128 people at its facility in Wauconda, Ill., and 25 people at its McHenry, Ill., plant when it closes both facilities Oct. 12 ...

Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-08-16 14:46:24
Link | Citer | R

Crap, what is Trump going to do without the support of Chicago voters?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-16 15:56:25
Link | Citer | R

Trump's military parade is now estimated to cost $92 million – $80 million more than earlier estimate

President Donald Trump's military parade is estimated to cost $92 million, according to a U.S. defense official with firsthand knowledge of the assessment.
An earlier estimate pegged the cost at $12 million.
The parade is scheduled to take place in the nation's capital on Nov. 10 and will feature armored vehicles, aircraft flyovers and period uniforms.

CNBC

Including future period uniforms ...
By fonewear 2018-08-16 17:22:38
Link | Citer | R

Fone, I thought some idiots on here would care, because isn't the whole "banning him is against the First Amendment" argument still going on?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-16 18:14:15
Link | Citer | R

U.S. Sues Operators Of Pirate Texas Station Known As 'Alex Jones Radio'
NPR

It really should be sovereign citizen radio....

Quote:
The U.S. government says the operators of a station considered the "flagship" radio outlet for conspiracy theorist Alex Jones must pay a $15,000 FCC penalty for broadcasting without a license. The station's operators have rejected the demand and accuse the Federal Communications Commission of "trying to run a bluff."

To collect the debt, the Justice Department recently filed a civil suit against Walter Olenick and M. Rae Nadler-Olenick, demanding the married couple pay the FCC's penalty "for willful and repeated violation" of U.S. law. They're accused of operating a pirate radio station; Texas Liberty Radio has been unlicensed at least since 2013, according to the FCC.

On its website, Texas Liberty Radio says it stopped broadcasting when it lost tower access in December 2017. But for years, Olenick and Nadler-Olenick have been fighting the FCC's attempt to enforce federal laws, insisting the agency doesn't have any power over them....

In a string of correspondence with the FCC, Olenick and Nadler-Olenick dismissed the agency's claims against them as preposterous and unfounded, saying in essence that they never agreed to be regulated by the U.S. government....

In September 2013, the FCC sent a letter to Olenick and Nadler-Olenick, warning them of the penalties of running an unlicensed radio station and giving them 10 days to respond.

The pair sent a rather extraordinary response, alternately telling the agency to "kindly never bother us with your harassment under color of law and office again" and saying that if the FCC wanted to communicate further, "knock yourself out."

The demands in the FCC's letter were "facially preposterous," they wrote.

The couple also seemed to assert rights reserved for foreign states, telling the FCC, "We expect that letters so addressed would more properly come from your company's International Bureau and then only after there's been some treaty of other discovered to which we are signators...."
By Viciouss 2018-08-16 19:22:42
Link | Citer | R

Been postponed to 2019 now. Its a waste of money and time.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2018-08-16 22:04:00
Link | Citer | R

92 mil would build a few miles of fence line, the wall which wont be built costs billions.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-08-17 07:54:46
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Nausi 2018-08-17 10:19:55
Link | Citer | R

Leave it to DC to take full advantage of all the potential gravy involved in a simple military parade.

I guess we’ll have to hold it someplace less greedy for tax payer money.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-08-17 10:41:22
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
I guess we’ll have to hold it someplace less greedy for tax payer money.

texas springs to mind... but I don't think mexico would be super stoked if we did it near the border... then parked all the tanks their with their barrels aiming south

let's *** with canada and have it in north dakota!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-08-17 10:45:55
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
Leave it to DC to take full advantage of all the potential gravy involved in a simple military parade.
I was ACTUALLY WANTING TO GO TO THIS! I live 5 minutes in the VA side of river. Saddened by this.

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
let's *** with canada and have it in north dakota!
....YES!!!!!!!!
By Viciouss 2018-08-17 10:54:23
Link | Citer | R

Considering the amount of permanent damage the tanks caused to the DC streets the last time there was a parade, safe to say they wont be making an appearance if and when the dumb parade happens. Its just gonna be some soldiers marching down the street and some generic planes flying over.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-17 10:55:55
Link | Citer | R

The funny thing? For the same $92 mil, he could either build his HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE fence, or provide free housing for a year for our nation's homeless veterans.

Now the left is concerned with homeless vets? Obama did nothing for them.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-08-17 11:11:34
Link | Citer | R

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/judge-says-trump-campaign-screwed-wording-confidentiality-agreements-025613573.html

Quote:
Bluth’s ruling became public today when Denson tweeted a copy of the order. It is notable because Denson is representing herself and still defeated the Trump campaign’s lawyers. The judge’s decision represents a rare victory for a pro se litigant, the legal term for a person proceeding in court on their own behalf against a party represented by licensed attorneys. Denson, a young actress, declined to comment on this story.

In an ironic twist, President Trump personally was a party to the New York case that establishes the legal principle controlling Bluth’s decision. That 1993 case, Trump v. Refco Properties, Inc., concerned a dispute among the partners who own the Grand Hyatt near Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan; it established that a party may not be forced into arbitration unless their agreement to arbitrate “expressly and unequivocally encompasses the subject matter of the particular dispute.” President Trump sought to avoid private arbitration in that case, and won the issue on appeal. Bluth specifically cited that decision in her ruling against Trump’s campaign.

Somebody call Walter Reed we got a burn victim.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-08-17 11:18:08
Link | Citer | R

As often as that *** guy goes to court, this doesn't really surprise nor entertain me.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2018-08-17 12:22:35
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »

Now the left is concerned with homeless vets? Obama did nothing for them.

I know this is just a shitpost but Ill ask anyway, whats changed? Trump fired his VA directot that was doing a good job and had broad support, tried to replace him with a nobody, that blew up in his face, so, whats changed?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-08-17 12:32:23
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Considering the amount of permanent damage the tanks caused to the DC streets
I was under the impression that was debunked or fixed due to newer tank tread design?

Viciouss said: »
Its just gonna be some soldiers marching down the street and some generic planes flying over.
Still better than none. =)
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-08-17 12:33:11
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
I thought multimillion $ military parades while citizens live in poverty were what dictators did.

I just did a little research, and it turns out that Donald Trump breathes oxygen to stay alive. That got me thinking, "Who else breathed oxygen?"

That's right.

Adolf Hitler!

Checkmate, Repuglitardicans.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 133 134 135