Random Politics & Religion #34

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 133 134 135
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-08-17 12:33:31
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »
*** you, Slore.
I know I have been gone a long time, saw some new rules posted, but can we just start saying "*** you (insert persons name that posted)" now?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-08-17 12:39:31
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
*** you, Slore.
I know I have been gone a long time, saw some new rules posted, but can we just start saying "*** you (insert persons name that posted)" now?

That kind of crap is usually moderated, but I have no clue where the mods are lately. CJ can't handle this thread without becoming extremely hostile for no good reason.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-08-17 12:43:10
Link | Citer | R

Ok, I did see some new rules, I generally like them and see reasoning behind them. Hope things have become more civil since their implementation. I dig the no editing rule. Spellcheck all the things!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-08-17 12:54:51
Link | Citer | R

Ok, I did see some new rules, I generally like them and see reasoning behind them. Hope things have become more civil since their implementation. I dig the no editing rule. Spellcheck all the things!

Welcome to the insanity. It's nice to see a fresh face that doesn't belong to a raving lunatic for once.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-17 13:40:47
Link | Citer | R

"But Hillary! But Bill! But Obama!" *** you, Slore. Write some new material or keep silent.

This from your *** that parrots *** 24/7!?!? Isn't that *** rich.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-17 13:45:43
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Odin.Slore said: »

Now the left is concerned with homeless vets? Obama did nothing for them.

I know this is just a shitpost but Ill ask anyway, whats changed? Trump fired his VA directot that was doing a good job and had broad support, tried to replace him with a nobody, that blew up in his face, so, whats changed?

The VA system has always been screwed, I know this for fact because I got out in 2005 and have used it since. I do like the new option to see your private doctor if wait is over 90 days, which for ortho it always is.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-08-17 14:21:32
Link | Citer | R

If that's the best argument you have, feel free, just keep in mind what that does to your stance.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-08-17 14:25:48
Link | Citer | R

The VA system has always been screwed

the point is neither has trump, yet.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-17 14:36:06
Link | Citer | R

Left tries to screw him everyday...
By Viciouss 2018-08-17 14:39:28
Link | Citer | R

Now the left is concerned with homeless vets? Obama did nothing for them.

I know this is just a shitpost but Ill ask anyway, whats changed? Trump fired his VA directot that was doing a good job and had broad support, tried to replace him with a nobody, that blew up in his face, so, whats changed?

The VA system has always been screwed, I know this for fact because I got out in 2005 and have used it since. I do like the new option to see your private doctor if wait is over 90 days, which for ortho it always is.

That has nothing to do with your Obama vs Trump post. Trump likes to talk a lot of ***about how he cares about vets, so, what has he changed?
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-17 14:55:10
Link | Citer | R

I just gave you an example dude..

He has changed many things about vets and our care. Yeah the prior VA Admin according to CJ was good, I think he sucked. Since taking office Robert Wilkie has proposed a few good changes but alas anything to do with perm changes has to go through Congress.

I really like the latest change that if your appointment is over 90 days you can get a voucher to go see a private Dr and then they complete your care. For me I use ortho and waits were generally over 6 months.
By Zerowone 2018-08-17 15:08:16
Link | Citer | R

So just that one thing.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-08-17 15:10:22
Link | Citer | R

Left tries to screw him everyday...
It’s like memories just disappear when presidents change like republicans didn’t spend every day just trying to pummel obama about everything lol... get over it...
By Zerowone 2018-08-17 20:52:53
Link | Citer | R

I really like the latest change that if your appointment is over 90 days you can get a voucher to go see a private Dr and then they complete your care. For me I use ortho and waits were generally over 6 months.

Also, that’s not a Trump administration change.

The Choice program predates Trump.

https://www.va.gov/health/newsfeatures/2015/july/10-things-to-know-about-choice-program.asp

Quote:
By Hans Petersen
Wednesday, July 22, 2015
The Veterans Choice Program is a new, temporary benefit that allows eligible Veterans to receive health care in their communities rather than waiting for a VA appointment or traveling to a VA facility.
1: Am I eligible for the Choice Program?

You must have been enrolled in VA health care on or before August 1, 2014, or be eligible to enroll as a recently discharged combat Veteran. You must also meet at least one of the following criteria:

You are told by your local VA medical facility that you will need to wait more than 30 days for an appointment from the date clinically determined by your physician, or, if not such date is provided, our preferred date

Something something Obama doesn’t care about Vets...
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Eboneezer 2018-08-18 08:31:40
Link | Citer | R

Zerowone said: »

Are you implying that Obama proposed these measures or even pushed for them? I hope you aren't.
By Viciouss 2018-08-18 08:59:02
Link | Citer | R

Slore is implying that Trump had something to do with these measures, how do you feel about that?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-18 09:20:55
Link | Citer | R

Trump aides discussed using security clearance revocations to distract from negative stories: report
The Hill

Quote:
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and White House deputy chief of staff Bill Shine have reportedly discussed when would be the best time for President Trump to revoke additional security clearances.

The Washington Post reported Friday that Sanders and Shine are discussing the matter in an attempt to have Trump's revocations serve as a distraction during unfavorable news cycles. Sources told the Post that Trump wants to sign "most, if not all" of the planned revocations.

The report comes just days after the White House announced that former CIA Director John Brennan, an outspoken critic of the president, had his security clearance revoked.

The revocation of Brennan's clearance came amid a flurry of damaging claims stemming from former White House aide Omarosa Manigault Newman's new tell-all memoir of her time in the White House, "Unhinged: An Insider Account of the Trump White House.” ...
By Eboneezer 2018-08-18 10:09:01
Link | Citer | R

Slore is implying that Trump had something to do with these measures, how do you feel about that?
I guess it's somewhat innacurate. Trump has pushed and signed for expansions from it to extend to family members as well. After obama finally signed his part after threats to veto it, it ended there. Nothing further was done even though investigations were showing that reports were still being doctored and vets were still falling through or being outright ignored in areas. Trump pushed for and signed into law, a protection to whistleblowers inside the VA to bring accountability to those administrators that are intentionally skewing numbers at the cost of our vets' healthcare. It's a start to see where we truly are on the matter. So my thoughts are good in that hes acknowledging a problem and trying to tackle it head on instead of ignoring the coverups...even if it makes the VA look terrible or that it's getting worse. At least the data will be more accurate. Cant fix a problem that people dont know exists.
By Eboneezer 2018-08-18 10:32:40
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Don't let Trump know he'll revert them because Obama.

He knows, and he's attempting to revert the "Who Cares...whatever" mentality of Obama towards the Veteran's Affairs.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-18 13:19:57
Link | Citer | R

And we have truth once again.

Straight from Mattis

Harsh truth about parade but it is coming from the Mad Dog!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-18 14:41:54
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
Leave it to DC to take full advantage of all the potential gravy involved in a simple military parade.

I guess we’ll have to hold it someplace less greedy for tax payer money.
Not greed no matter what the cheeto bandidto says.

Here is DC's cost breakdown in .pdf:

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000165-4855-d696-a76f-7e5d4b240001

Notice that over 1/2 the cost is Metropolitan Police Department. I suppose those greedy cops should not only forgo overtime, but even work for free.
By Zerowone 2018-08-18 22:46:00
Link | Citer | R

Eboneezer said: »

Are you implying that Obama proposed these measures or even pushed for them? I hope you aren't.

Couple of things to point.

The two primary negotiators of the bill were John McCain and Bernie Sanders.

The only three dissenting votes came from Jeff Sessions, Ron Johnson and Bob Corker. Those three aren’t left leaning.

Main issue it had was funding but that comes from the legislative branch which hasn’t been left leaning for the better part of this decade.

Which really begs the question why is it when right leaning politicians sabotage programs right leaning voters like, said voters blame the left?
By Eboneezer 2018-08-19 02:56:43
Link | Citer | R

More things to point out.

The bill was proposed by a republican. It passed the republican controlled house numerous times and was denied in the democratic senate numerous times.

And the three dissenting votes were against the funding. Congress isn't allowed to add to the federal deficit without subtracting money from somewhere else. By declaring the vote as an emergency, they were able to bypass this. These three Congressmen attempted to make a point of order against the emergency designation but Sanders waived the point of order and their dissenting votes ensued. They were voting against more debt. They wanted it to be funded properly.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-19 09:37:49
Link | Citer | R

Giuliani: ‘Truth isn’t truth’

Quote:
“Truth isn’t truth,” Rudy Giuliani told Chuck Todd on NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Sunday morning....
That's even better than "it depends on what the definition of is is"

Quote:
Todd said: “This is going to become a bad meme.“
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-08-19 15:01:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
DirectX said: »
I thought multimillion $ military parades while citizens live in poverty were what dictators did.

I just did a little research, and it turns out that Donald Trump breathes oxygen to stay alive. That got me thinking, "Who else breathed oxygen?"

That's right.

Adolf Hitler!

Checkmate, Repuglitardicans.

Hitler was a jerk:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2018-08-19 15:09:51
Link | Citer | R

Also, that’s not a Trump administration change.

The Choice program predates Trump.

https://www.va.gov/health/newsfeatures/2015/july/10-things-to-know-about-choice-program.asp

Quote:
By Hans Petersen
Wednesday, July 22, 2015
The Veterans Choice Program is a new, temporary benefit that allows eligible Veterans to receive health care in their communities rather than waiting for a VA appointment or traveling to a VA facility.
1: Am I eligible for the Choice Program?

You must have been enrolled in VA health care on or before August 1, 2014, or be eligible to enroll as a recently discharged combat Veteran. You must also meet at least one of the following criteria:

You are told by your local VA medical facility that you will need to wait more than 30 days for an appointment from the date clinically determined by your physician, or, if not such date is provided, our preferred date

Something something I pretended to read it something something.
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 133 134 135