Shiva.Humpo
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2020-03-27 07:38:11
Link | Citer | R

Odinz said: »
Too much nostalgia.
The animation itself, that slow pull back then wham - orangy/purple/red fireball in your face!

Its kind of amusing hearing you talk about nostalgia with a relic WS. If you watch the WS, its actually the same as "Slice", just with fancy effects and an altered speed. Pretty much all relic weapon skills are the same animation as the very first WS for that weapon, just with spiffy effects added.

Where is a "we put nostalgia in your nostalgia" meme when you need one....
[+]
By Taint 2020-03-27 07:41:01
Link | Citer | R

The novelty of Apoc and Catastrophe though, unbeatable.
Too much nostalgia. Whenever I hear the animation it gives me warm fuzy feeling inside. The animation itself, that slow pull back then wham - orangy/purple/red fireball in your face! and you get cured by it.. If I came back to FFXI the first thing I would do is put on my purple argosy set, grab my apoc and go pop a nidhogg or fafnir and just cry with nostalgia ; ;

<3 Apoc forever

The full heal part of Apoc now is pretty broken.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-27 07:56:47
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Humpo said: »
Its kind of amusing hearing you talk about nostalgia with a relic WS. If you watch the WS, its actually the same as "Slice", just with fancy effects and an altered speed.

I'm not at all.
It might be the same move, but the sound effect is very often a reason why I stop youtube and turn on sound in game :) Also visual effect described by Odinz and how great it shows health coming to you from enemy is just a pleasure to watch.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
Serveur: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-03-27 10:19:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Mims said: »
Make Apoc if you value utility over winning a parse.

So, as a first weapon I'd go with either Calad or Apoc, depending on what you want to do with Drk.

I just would like to empasize this. If anyone follows me lately I am a huge promoter of getting Apoc. I understand the attractiveness of ALL drk rema, even rag has a cool niche as double light is useful. A very reliable drk friend of mine who has all r15 remas has also stated multiple times to me his default dps is emp scythe now as he seems to perform better than lib in what he does. I have another who gushes at anguta r15 in zergs since you can reliably 3 hit while mantaining absurd levels of MA and CR with warcry tp bonus is pretty broken.

I think all are so close anymore I would personally go with what seems most FUN to you, hard concept this day an age to enjoy a game.

Apoc completely changes the way you can play Drk and content you can do, it has amazing acc (dyna w3), it allows very defensive tp sets with minimal dps loss too due to the haste added, when LR is down it has chance to be top dps rema on paper, it has high enough dps you can win parses and those you lose will be by such a small margine you shouldnt care (ego check), the drain +10% is nice so you dont need to swap to misantropy for drain3 (though its stil technically better for max drain), you also dont have to feed oseem for days...

I would always suggest apoc as first rema for all the above reasons, Calad as 2nd for the reason that you want a greatsword anyhow on drk and this is the best. It doesnt really matter if it is the best dps rema for this reason as that can quickly change given scenarios of when Lib/Anguta can be abused and I expect SE to continue to give drk scythe upgrades and not greatsword (less future proof).

edit: forgot to mention that you should also aim for 4hit on apoc. Since you are aiming to abuse cata the consitency of a 4hit is huge and I cannot stress enough its effetiveness when you get a 3hit going.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2020-03-27 10:57:18
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Its kind of amusing hearing you talk about nostalgia with a relic WS. If you watch the WS, its actually the same as "Slice", just with fancy effects and an altered speed.

I'm not at all.
It might be the same move, but the sound effect is very often a reason why I stop youtube and turn on sound in game :) Also visual effect described by Odinz and how great it shows health coming to you from enemy is just a pleasure to watch.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing at all. I just find it amusing that the WS tied to it should permit some nostalgia to when you were a lvl 5 scrub in gustaberg.

Well, This was probably more true back when relics first came out. And if you ignore the fact that its most likely that way due to lazy programming.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-03-27 12:03:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Azagarth said: »
Asura.Mims said: »
Make Apoc if you value utility over winning a parse.

So, as a first weapon I'd go with either Calad or Apoc, depending on what you want to do with Drk.

I just would like to empasize this. If anyone follows me lately I am a huge promoter of getting Apoc. I understand the attractiveness of ALL drk rema, even rag has a cool niche as double light is useful. A very reliable drk friend of mine who has all r15 remas has also stated multiple times to me his default dps is emp scythe now as he seems to perform better than lib in what he does. I have another who gushes at anguta r15 in zergs since you can reliably 3 hit while mantaining absurd levels of MA and CR with warcry tp bonus is pretty broken.

I think all are so close anymore I would personally go with what seems most FUN to you, hard concept this day an age to enjoy a game.

Apoc completely changes the way you can play Drk and content you can do, it has amazing acc (dyna w3), it allows very defensive tp sets with minimal dps loss too due to the haste added, when LR is down it has chance to be top dps rema on paper, it has high enough dps you can win parses and those you lose will be by such a small margine you shouldnt care (ego check), the drain +10% is nice so you dont need to swap to misantropy for drain3 (though its stil technically better for max drain), you also dont have to feed oseem for days...

I would always suggest apoc as first rema for all the above reasons, Calad as 2nd for the reason that you want a greatsword anyhow on drk and this is the best. It doesnt really matter if it is the best dps rema for this reason as that can quickly change given scenarios of when Lib/Anguta can be abused and I expect SE to continue to give drk scythe upgrades and not greatsword (less future proof).

edit: forgot to mention that you should also aim for 4hit on apoc. Since you are aiming to abuse cata the consitency of a 4hit is huge and I cannot stress enough its effetiveness when you get a 3hit going.

I started playing around with empy scythe on some apex. Am3 in 3 attack rounds did 37k white damage. I stacked crit and crit dmg for the am3 set. I just can't see how it could be liberator though. It feels like TP generation is 50% slower. Even with cap haste and LR, there's times I can't reach that self skillchain window.
Weaponskills are way worse too. My lib is r15, but emp scythe is R0.
I'd love to know what someone could make with am3 set for scythe.
By Draylo 2020-03-27 12:14:25
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
The novelty of Apoc and Catastrophe though, unbeatable.
Too much nostalgia. Whenever I hear the animation it gives me warm fuzy feeling inside. The animation itself, that slow pull back then wham - orangy/purple/red fireball in your face! and you get cured by it.. If I came back to FFXI the first thing I would do is put on my purple argosy set, grab my apoc and go pop a nidhogg or fafnir and just cry with nostalgia ; ;

<3 Apoc forever

The full heal part of Apoc now is pretty broken.

How so? Plenty of other jobs have access to things like full heals and Sanguine Blade exists.
By SimonSes 2020-03-27 12:56:34
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
How so? Plenty of other jobs have access to things like full heals and Sanguine Blade exists.

I think it's more of the fact that DRK can actually use full potency of that cure, while having up to 9999HP. In theory Sanguine Blade could heal you for 60k or more on RDM, but in practice it will heal you for as much as cureIv or something, because you wont have more HP to restore.
[+]
By Delagyela 2020-03-27 13:34:33
Link | Citer | R

relic +3 in the drain set rather then the empy legs? Is that correct?
By Taint 2020-03-27 13:57:57
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Draylo said: »

I think it's more of the fact that DRK can actually use full potency of that cure, while having up to 9999HP. In theory Sanguine Blade could heal you for 60k or more on RDM, but in practice it will heal you for as much as cureIv or something, because you wont have more HP to restore.

This. DRK is strolling around in full DPS gear, floored DEF with 9999hp and a 4hit WS that keeps you at 9999.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2020-03-27 18:22:08
Link | Citer | R

Question on what to get first for upgrading, Got 800 DI points, would it a bigger upgrade to get the Val mail and go for augments to upgrade over Flamma +2 or get a Thurd Earring? I don't really have a good WS earring yet other than moonshade, but I also don't have a full WS set together as I'm still grinding out the 500 jp for Retri
By Taint 2020-03-27 18:28:33
Link | Citer | R

Thrud IMO. Val needs regally good augments to beat flamma+2
By volkom 2020-03-27 18:58:43
Link | Citer | R

moonshade + brutal earring can hold you over for quite a bit
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2020-03-27 19:08:05
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
moonshade + brutal earring can hold you over for quite a bit

Yea, I have these two I've been using these two, just wasn't sure what the priority is for DI items.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-03-27 20:22:08
Link | Citer | R

dont spend 800 DI on body, better off paying a merc 5m for it or w/e since gil isnt locked behind a 80p/day limit.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2020-03-27 22:28:09
Link | Citer | R

dont spend 800 DI on body, better off paying a merc 5m for it or w/e since gil isnt locked behind a 80p/day limit.
I ended up getting 2 tonight from a kill, trying to augment them now.

got 1 with Acc+4 Attacl +13 STP+7
and other one has AGI+7 acc+11 DA+5%
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2020-03-27 22:53:27
Link | Citer | R

Even rag has a cool niche as double light is useful.

I actually R15'd my Ragnarok recently, and I've been enjoying it. Its a 269 skill 75 accuracy great sword that comes with an extra WS, good base damage, and some extra bells and whistles. Is it a replacement for Calad? Absolutely not, and I do not claim anything of the sort. For the record I had my Calad at R15 before I even started my Rag.
The point is, at R15 its better than you might expect, with the amount that people *** about it.

Also, R15 Scourge is actually not horrible!
At 1000 TP, in the exact same gear as Torcleaver (Except earring swap, moonshade for Ishvara) its only behind a 1000 TP Torcleaver by 5-10%. Obviously Torcleaver is going to scale with TP where Scourge doesn't, but Scourge was always going to be an accompaniment, not a replacement.

Would I recommend Ragnarok as your first R15? Absolutely not, but its a great high-accuracy piece for Dynamis Wave 3 if you are willing to spend hundreds of millions of gil for a weapon that will get used about 2% of the time Caladbolg will.
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-03-29 13:13:48
Link | Citer | R

Anyone test gelatinous ring augmented against wsd option in the ring slot for torc yet? Been a hot minute since I brought drk out
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-03-29 15:24:30
Link | Citer | R

Its been a long time since I did any testing but if I recall its was about 4vit=1wsd. However this was so long ago (years) and so much has changed in gear values that I would not consider it accurate. But even then lets say its at 5~ vit to 1 wsd now, that still gives wsd ring the edge. I could easily be wrong now though. My old tests were done because of oseem and trying to decide if 15vit/4wsd and 10vit/5wsd would be best, the 15/4 using taupe was best then.
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-03-29 15:39:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nuance said: »
Anyone test gelatinous ring augmented against wsd option in the ring slot for torc yet? Been a hot minute since I brought drk out

Augged Gelatinous is the winner there. Remember 80% of that VIT is going into your base damage, which will then be subject to the rest of the damage formula... not to mention the STP -10 with a low delay weapon while spamming a WS that scales very well with TP. Spaitin dropped a bunch of info on it in the WAR thread recently. Basically Epa blows for most of the WSD-stacked 2H WS, and only gets worse the more hits that WS has.
[+]
By Taint 2020-03-29 17:07:57
Link | Citer | R

Torcleaver is much easier to math than upheaval. I’ll do it when I’m back on my PC. Only MA gear in most Tor sets is Niq.

Kari+1 vs Gelatinous is probably the best match up.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-03-29 18:36:41
Link | Citer | R

All four of your ring options are basically equal.
Code
Torcleaver

Mean:              31042.85
StD:                7630.81
Min:                      0
Max:                  43693
Range: (23412.04, 38673.66)

Code
Torcleaver

Mean:              31257.98
StD:                7396.47
Max:                  43565
Range: (23861.51, 38654.45)

Code
Torcleaver

Mean:              31548.57
StD:                7159.63
Max:                  43740
Range: (24388.94, 38708.2)

Code
Torcleaver

Mean:              31381.93
StD:                6944.51
Max:                  43757
Range: (24437.42, 38326.44)
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-03-29 21:38:21
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
All four of your ring options are basically equal.
-Sim results-
Thanks for running those, it's nice to see data. That really underlines what was discussed in the WAR thread regarding Upheaval: at best Epa is on par with other options, at worst with the -STP factored in its build-breaking.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-03-29 21:43:25
Link | Citer | R

yeah, i've been saying that since the ring was released
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2020-04-11 14:34:00
Link | Citer | R

Oh, I'm not disagreeing at all. I just find it amusing that the WS tied to it should permit some nostalgia to when you were a lvl 5 scrub in gustaberg.

Well, This was probably more true back when relics first came out. And if you ignore the fact that its most likely that way due to lazy programming.

I'm not sure about that last sentence. It is a pretty well established trope after all, especially in japanese fiction: "Oh look the first move you ever learned? It's actually amazing, you just learned an incomplete version/didn't know how to make the most out of it". Clone-jutsu, kamehameha, lots of examples come to mind.

Not exactly this, but tangentially related, see also:
- https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TimeToUnlockMoreTruePotential
- https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Analysis/TimeToUnlockMoreTruePotential (you receive the relic weapon, and thus WS, from somebody much older and greater than you, after all)

I'm sure TVtrope also has specifically this ("Beginner's move that becomes ultimate with some tweaking"), but I can't spend all night opening tvtropes tabs so I forced myself to close it down after 12.

Anyway, also see:
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChekhovsSkill
 Shiva.Pukkaup
user: robertlee
By Shiva.Pukkaup 2020-04-18 23:48:50
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have an up to date AM3 set for insurgency?

This is mine but i feel as its a little dated now with the DI stuff you can get now

sets.engaged.Liberator.AM = {
ammo="Yetshila +1",
head="Flam. Zucchetto +2",
body="Hjarrandi Breast.",
hands="Flam. Manopolas +2",
legs={ name="Odyssean Cuisses", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+10','"Store TP"+8','VIT+4','Attack+2',}},
feet="Flam. Gambieras +2",
neck="Abyssal Beads +2",
waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
left_ear="Telos Earring",
right_ear="Dedition Earring",
left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
right_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Store TP"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},}
 Odin.Archaide
Serveur: Odin
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2020-04-19 00:19:17
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Pukkaup said: »
Does anyone have an up to date AM3 set for insurgency?

This is mine but i feel as its a little dated now with the DI stuff you can get now

sets.engaged.Liberator.AM = {
ammo="Yetshila +1",
legs={ name="Odyssean Cuisses", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+10','"Store TP"+8','VIT+4','Attack+2',}},
feet="Flam. Gambieras +2",
neck="Abyssal Beads +2",
waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
right_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Store TP"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},}

This is what i use, serves me well. Lower your DA as much as you can, you will get better results.
Code

main="Liberator",
sub="Utu Grip",
ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
legs="Flamma Dirs +2",
feet={ name="Valorous Greaves", augments={'Accuracy+26','"Store TP"+7','VIT+5',}},
neck="Abyssal Beads +2",
waist="Sailfi Belt +1",
left_ring="Hetairoi Ring",
right_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','"Store TP"+10','Damage taken-5%',}},}
 Shiva.Pukkaup
user: robertlee
By Shiva.Pukkaup 2020-04-19 01:03:51
Link | Citer | R

thank you man appreciate it, I will mess about with it and see where it takes me
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 53 54 55