High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 53 54 55
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2020-03-13 20:23:07
Link | Citer | R

/bow, thanks Austar, back to mule it is then!

Now to figure out were and when to re-insert lugra!
 Asura.Biglovin
Serveur: Asura
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-03-16 13:05:51
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »
Ragnarok.Galiber said: »
Was Gavialis Helm still theoretically BiS when active?

Since Lugra upgrade I was thinking of reintroducing the code for it in my GS and then also thought, Oh well might as well put Gavi Head back too.

Anyone on the Gavialis helm question?

Oddly enough, after dropping that helm loooong ago for the +1 inventory, I received one today from Goblin after reading this post. Illuminati!!
By Taint 2020-03-17 09:05:05
Link | Citer | R

Finally finished Liberator (started it when Salvage was first launched and never finished due to missing Beastman kills back at 75cap)

Pretty happy with sets besides my LR+AM down set and stuck between these two:

ItemSet 371637

and

ItemSet 371806

Differencs: -3da 14stp -37meva

Thoughts are DRKmeva blows unless you farm for Volte and the way it scales chances are that -37meva is worthless.

LR up (capped magic)

ItemSet 371624

Hybrid

ItemSet 371816
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2020-03-17 10:02:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Mims said: »
I'm not saying Agony Jerkin +1 is the new BiS, I'm just saying it opens up options. The big two "off the rack" TP bodies are Hjarrandi Breastplate and Flamma Korazin +2 respectively, and neither of them are good haste pieces. Liberator AM3 sets are especially sensitive to Reisenjima augments, which makes what gear is BiS vary heavily person to person, and capping haste with LR down can easily become a problem if your particular options are slim.

How is the Flamma body? I did get the +2 helm this month and the feet seem really worth it. Body seems like a good hold over till worthwhile augs for Val body
By Odinz 2020-03-17 10:04:58
Link | Citer | R

Congrats Taint. I always though you were the Armada Liberator and Apoc Dark from the golden age.

Was always my 2nd favorite weapon back in the day after Apoc.
How do both DRK and Liberator do dps wise these days, in comparison to whoever the meta is today?
Considering re-activating if DRK and MNK are in better shape than I left them 18-20 months ago.
[+]
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2020-03-17 10:47:09
Link | Citer | R

Odinz said: »
How do both DRK and Liberator do dps wise these days, in comparison to whoever the meta is today?
Considering re-activating if DRK and MNK are in better shape than I left them 18-20 months ago.
You will want to reactivate then. Drk was good 18 months ago, but both drk and mnk pound out massive numbers now.
[+]
By Taint 2020-03-17 11:39:51
Link | Citer | R

Congrats Taint. I always though you were the Armada Liberator and Apoc Dark from the golden age.

Was always my 2nd favorite weapon back in the day after Apoc.

MNK is really a powerhouse right now. High DPS with extremely good hybrid/meva sets.

DRK has gotten stronger via the Scythe WS update. /DRG update. And some great gear options.
[+]
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2020-03-17 12:07:03
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Avengers said: »
How is the Flamma body? I did get the +2 helm this month and the feet seem really worth it. Body seems like a good hold over till worthwhile augs for Val body

Its pretty much exactly what it looks like, 46 accuracy, 39 dex (+8 set bonus) 9 store TP, and 2% haste. It's an easy to get body with good stats for a mythic AM3 build.
Hjarrandi has no haste, Valorous depends heavily on augments, Agony Jerkin +1 has low accuracy. Flamma +2 has good all-around stats for very little investment. As in all things, find what works best for your personal gear and go with that.

Taint said: »
Finally finished Liberator
Congratulations!
It looks like you are in a good position set wise, and the more I look, the more I see good tuning.
As far as AM3 down sets go, there is so much more room for flexibility that which set is best (Sulevia's + Hasty versus Argosy + Orb) is really going to come down to other factors.
For instance, accuracy parity in AM3 down vs AM3 up vs Insurgency, Meva like you mentioned, -DT, the list goes on. In that light I prefer more well-rounded sets in general and would go with Sulevia's + Hasty and swap in Telos over Dedition, but in general its a hard set to really screw up, and at this point its nitpicking. I know with my Liberator I really don't spend much time in my AM3 down set anyway, and it's a set so similar to traditional sets that I don't think its worth nitpicking over.

Hope you are having fun with your Liberator!
[+]
By Odinz 2020-03-18 07:15:48
Link | Citer | R

/DRG update? did they enhance Jump tp return or something? Now I am really close to finding my POL info and re-activating.
By Taint 2020-03-18 07:36:01
Link | Citer | R

/DRG update? did they enhance Jump tp return or something? Now I am really close to finding my POL info and re-activating.

WSdmg 7% (on all hits of a WS)

For shorter fights or with temps where you can maintain LR it’s very potent especially with high delay weapons. Just another tool in the DRK belt.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-18 07:36:58
Link | Citer | R

It was DRG update. DRG got massive weapon skill damage (working for all hits) trait and you can get part of it from sub job (7%).

You are loosing Hasso tho and +15 storeTP. Hasso is non issue during Last Resort, but during LR down you would need to switch to Apocalypse I guess too offset that loss. Not sure if thats worth it, unless you are using Apocalypse anyway.
By Odinz 2020-03-20 04:00:25
Link | Citer | R

Does that work with MNK/DRG and Victory Smite? 7% dmg boost on things like Asuran Fist not broken? or does it only apply to 2h weapons like Hasso?
By SimonSes 2020-03-20 04:11:33
Link | Citer | R

Does that work with MNK/DRG and Victory Smite? 7% dmg boost on things like Asuran Fist not broken? or does it only apply to 2h weapons like Hasso?

It applies to every hit, but if you think that makes asuran broken, you must be from 2006(?) or something :)

7% on each hit of Asuran means that whole WS will be 7% stronger, which means maybe 16000 dmg instead of 15000 :)
By Taint 2020-03-20 15:59:25
Link | Citer | R

Insurgency question.

With a 0.5ftp (1000tp) assumed ~1.2 with moonshade are you guys using two sets for low TP WSs?

MA for low TPvalues and WSdmg for high? What’s your cut off?
 Bismarck.Oldelf
Serveur: Bismarck
user: oldelf
By Bismarck.Oldelf 2020-03-20 16:07:03
Link | Citer | R

Later down the road is they should make a real Ultimate set which would require AF +4 Relic +4 Empyrean +4 to complete
would eventually help us reduce our inventory
and would get everyone crying alot
 Asura.Mims
By Asura.Mims 2020-03-20 16:33:09
Link | Citer | R

Insurgency question.

With a 0.5ftp (1000tp) assumed ~1.2 with moonshade are you guys using two sets for low TP WSs?

MA for low TPvalues and WSdmg for high? What’s your cut off?
I did a ton of math on this and the more I looked, the less payoff there is for doing this. It was part of the same block of math that showed that holding TP is a net gain in damage over time without moonshade, and a loss of damage over time with moonshade.

The bonus you get from moonshade plus fotia belt, being scaled by WSD gear, is going to beat stacking multiattack. For instance, Brutal Earring vs Ishvara was super close with brutal winning by a fraction of a percent at low TP and Ishvara winning by a fraction of a percent at high TP, which is now totally irrelevant because Thrud earring happened. The nature of AM3 makes working with multiattack awkward.

I'm probably rambling due to tiredness from dealing with basement flooding, but the short answer is don't bother, its not worth it.
[+]
By volkom 2020-03-24 08:44:43
Link | Citer | R

If you wants the damages its a toss up between Lib or Calad. Really depends on your preferences and whatnot~ Apoc could be a good 2nd option for the utility. ~ i vote Calad tho. cuz Torcleaver is awesome
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-03-24 09:13:11
Link | Citer | R

Damage is solidly in the Caladbolg department, that thing is a beast and at R15 it's just silly stupid. Lib is the best DPS Scythe, key word there is Scythe. Liberator does a lot to make Insurgency worth using but the 20% mods really hold it back. SE should of made those 40% at least. Torcleaver on the other hand has a single large mod we can stack to high heaven, and Cala comes with a large dose of that mod.

On the other hand, Scythe is really useful for doing skillchains which Great Sword really sucks at. Plus infernal scythe's attack down (-25%) is cool.

Another interesting weapon is Lycurgos with Upheaval. If someone has a good Drain III set and can get around ~5K HP they'll have +1000 TP Bonus on a WS that scales nicely with TP. Good utility with Armor (-25% Defense) and Weapon (-25% Attack) breaks.
[+]
By Taint 2020-03-24 09:28:52
Link | Citer | R

Lib and Cala are really close. (I have Apoc,Lib and Cala at R15)

Scythe has more versatility and Inurgency spikes are crazy at capped attack, benefiting from AM3 and a couple MA pieces.

Cala has some of the highest white damage in the game but Lib has a much better delay and AM3 really picks up the WS frequency.

My advice would be Cala first since its the easiest Emp path and it pairs well with Apoc as your utility tool.

I just spent around 500mil on a Liberator and its awesome but I would do it 3rd.
By SimonSes 2020-03-24 10:03:50
Link | Citer | R

Cala has some of the highest white damage in the game

Its good, but one of the highest is slightly overstatement. Its on par with Twashtar THF, but way below Impetus mnk and maybe like 60% of Ukonvasara WAR.
 Asura.Mims
By Asura.Mims 2020-03-24 10:05:25
Link | Citer | R

Liberator Caladbolg and Apocalypse are the big three, surprising no one.

Which to make first, when time and money are no object, comes down to what you intend to use Drk for, and how much inventory space you are willing to devote.

Caladbolg is the most damage for the least inventory space, by a good margin. Its not as flexible in terms of SC options, but its also pretty hard to do it wrong, making it a great choice as a first REMA.

Liberator is my personal favorite. Once AM3 is up its incredibly flexible and stupid fast. Tons of fun to use, but requires a ton of investment in fine tuning and inventory space. If you are going Drk for the long haul get one, but I think that it would be way too easy to get tired/bored while doing all the setup and optimization work, which could hurt your overall enjoyment of the job. Not a good first weapon.

Apocalypse has Catastrophe. It also happens to be our highest accuracy weapon and grants 10% JA haste making it competetive in Dyna wave3, but lets not kid ourselves. You make it for Catastrophe. Make this if your objective is to open up options as to what you can actually DO with Drk. I've been using mine to solo fetters in Odyssey lately, for instance. Weapon bash to nightmare scythe to drain 3 for capped HP, then just run straight in aggroing everything and surviving comfortably with 20 mobs trying and failing to wreck my bits. Middle of the road in terms of setup and inventory investment, but not too bad. Make Apoc if you value utility over winning a parse.

So, as a first weapon I'd go with either Calad or Apoc, depending on what you want to do with Drk.
[+]
By Taint 2020-03-24 10:12:11
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Cala has some of the highest white damage in the game

Its good, but one of the highest is slightly overstatement. Its on par with Twashtar THF, but way below Impetus mnk and maybe like 60% of Ukonvasara WAR.

Exactly...a few weapons beat it, out of the dozens of REMAs and hundreds of i119s.
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-03-24 14:56:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Damage is solidly in the Caladbolg department, that thing is a beast and at R15 it's just silly stupid. Lib is the best DPS Scythe, key word there is Scythe.

You might want to get out there and actually try Liberator. They were nearly equal in a spamming situation before the scythe update.

Mims' and Taint's analysis is spot on.
[+]
By Aquatiq 2020-03-27 00:25:51
Link | Citer | R

Any items/sets for /DRG (jumps) or is that a stupid question, never played a second of DRG in my life just leveled it via RoE and coalitions

Thinking stuff like 'Jump: STP' gear? like https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Ostro_Greaves
By Odinz 2020-03-27 02:21:38
Link | Citer | R

The novelty of Apoc and Catastrophe though, unbeatable.
Too much nostalgia. Whenever I hear the animation it gives me warm fuzy feeling inside. The animation itself, that slow pull back then wham - orangy/purple/red fireball in your face! and you get cured by it.. If I came back to FFXI the first thing I would do is put on my purple argosy set, grab my apoc and go pop a nidhogg or fafnir and just cry with nostalgia ; ;

<3 Apoc forever
[+]
 Shiva.Dayone
Serveur: Shiva
user: day1
By Shiva.Dayone 2020-03-27 07:03:19
Link | Citer | R

The novelty of Apoc and Catastrophe though, unbeatable.
Too much nostalgia. Whenever I hear the animation it gives me warm fuzy feeling inside. The animation itself, that slow pull back then wham - orangy/purple/red fireball in your face! and you get cured by it.. If I came back to FFXI the first thing I would do is put on my purple argosy set, grab my apoc and go pop a nidhogg or fafnir and just cry with nostalgia ; ;

<3 Apoc forever

R15 apocalypse is a staple!! On that note an Aegis AF2 PLD popped on the server the other day, lvl75 badass AF full metal 2020 noob :)

Everyone just gathered up and /cheered the returning player.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 53 54 55