Game: FFXI
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2019-12-04 11:18:02
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Holy *** :O

YouTube Video Placeholder

And thats on vanilla >.>

It bums me out I can't see the hp% throughout the fight. Crazy what they did, though. For Bravado did they use the 1-time trust-revival thing from campaign bonus? Saw AA HM got hit for the 10k but kept standing, then died to fullers? Wonder if that was the plan all along.
By Chimerawizard 2019-12-04 11:25:09
Link | Citer | R

think if he could see the HP%?
he could have disengaged at 61%, bind grav. kite nuke through fullers and had HM around to make it easier for him to lose hate after target.

edit: forgot to check HM's total hp. yeah, bad luck/timing.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-12-04 11:52:18
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
For Bravado did they use the 1-time trust-revival thing from campaign bonus?
Yes

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Saw AA HM got hit for the 10k but kept standing, then died to fullers? Wonder if that was the plan all along.
AAHM can survive fullers if he has Migawari up (I think?) or if he's the only one hit he'd only take 2500 damage, I guess he just got unlucky there.
By SimonSes 2019-12-04 12:42:49
Link | Citer | R

He also used Daybreak, soa ring and orpheus for 76% light affinity at last 4 step light to push that light damage to 99999 and 94k :O
 Asura.Outlawbruce
Serveur: Asura
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-12-04 13:53:03
Link | Citer | R

He also used Daybreak, soa ring and orpheus for 76% light affinity at last 4 step light to push that light damage to 99999 and 94k :O

Interesting. Uses those in his chant set?
By Torzak 2019-12-04 14:25:04
Link | Citer | R

And thats on vanilla

Are the notices in the lower right corner edited in or are they popping onto his screen as an overlay?
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-12-04 15:24:26
Link | Citer | R

Torzak said: »
And thats on vanilla

Are the notices in the lower right corner edited in or are they popping onto his screen as an overlay?

Probably edited in. They're info on each HP% attack (Ebullient Nullification, Unfaltering Bravado, etc).
By Torzak 2019-12-04 15:42:18
Link | Citer | R

Having DD'd OU several times in 6man group on RDM before SU5 came out, and being that he's just spamming CDC for a huge chunk of the fight, he'da been better off using Almace/Ternion for all that CDC spam.

He'da had higher WS frequency, higher enspell damage due to swing frequency, subtle blow, higher HP pool, and higher damage CDCs.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-12-04 16:07:46
Link | Citer | R

Having DD'd OU several times in 6man group on RDM before SU5 came out, and being that he's just spamming CDC for a huge chunk of the fight, he'da been better off using Almace/Ternion for all that CDC spam.

He'da had higher WS frequency, higher enspell damage due to swing frequency, subtle blow, higher HP pool, and higher damage CDCs.

Wouldn't ignore the attack from Excal in such a low-buff scenario, with such an att-starved job.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2019-12-04 16:18:25
Link | Citer | R

Whats a good enfeebling replacement for Relic +3 Feet until I get them? Unfortunately I dont have the win on Rdm and don't know when i'll be getting it.
By SimonSes 2019-12-04 16:19:24
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
AAHM can survive fullers if he has Migawari up (I think?) or if he's the only one hit he'd only take 2500 damage, I guess he just got unlucky there.

I font think you can migawari Fuller. What happened there is Ark and Koru got hit with Fullers, so damage raised to 5000 and killed Hume, while Koru got 2nd life from campaign bonus (Hume was at 2nd life already after dying to Bravado).
By Torzak 2019-12-04 16:22:52
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Wouldn't ignore the attack from Excal in such a low-buff scenario, with such an att-starved job

That's not a good counter, though. You have 50 to 70 DEX on Almace which is going to do more than 60 attack on CDC. You have 10% increased CDC damage if you're on R15 Almace, which will clearly do more than 60 attack. And that's not getting into the advantages of 4 TA on Ternion or the delay difference between Ternion and Daybreak or the Triple Damage procs of Almace. If all he wanted to do was spam CDC for a majority of the fight, it should've been with Almace/Ternion.

Asura.Botosi said: »
Whats a good enfeebling replacement for Relic +3 Feet until I get them? Unfortunately I dont have the win on Rdm and don't know when i'll be getting it.
Medium feet from SR
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Medium%27s_Sabots
Aug: Cure potency +5%, MP +50, Conserve MP +7, Mind +10

or
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Skaoi_Boots
 Shiva.Cziella
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2019-12-04 18:54:27
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty sure he also used Excal/Daybreak for utility, with how much MP he consumed, he used aftermath for the extra refresh/regen a few times in the fight, daybreak has refresh+1/30% cure pot too, great to stay full malignance/DT set and cap cure pot without major issues, considering he was doing some gearswaps manually at some point. Also great sub for enfeebles I guess.
By Aerix 2019-12-04 19:04:56
Link | Citer | R

KoR is also a more accurate Fusion SC than Empyreal Arrow (which he would have had to use to multistep with CDC) as it gets an offhand hit from DW and has an Accuracy cap of 99%.

Edit: It's also possible he doesn't have an R15 Almace. I don't see him using Almace in any of his videos (no Aftermath from any CDCs).
By SimonSes 2019-12-05 09:23:27
Link | Citer | R

He used Daybreak defensively for for mentioned 30% cure potency, magic accuracy, MND (so enfeebling and cures without switching the weapons), refresh and also for MEVA (yes Daybreak has MEVA which is quite rare to find on weapon).

He used it offensively for +50% damage on light skillchain, which was nice for light damage from CDC>CDC and it was very important for the last zerg part against Ou's regen below 10%HP, when his 99999 and 94k damage Light skillchain was essential to win.

He used Excal before zerg probably because he doesnt have R15 Almace, but also for utility aftermath.

During zerg at the end Excal was essential for multistep light skillchain, because he needed KotR for Fusion. Using Empyreal Arrow instead would be super risky, because if he miss, he would lose the fight and even assuming he had capped accuracy with archery, the cap for EA is only 95%.
[+]
By tyalangan 2019-12-05 10:45:26
Link | Citer | R

He used Daybreak defensively for for mentioned 30% cure potency, magic accuracy, MND (so enfeebling and cures without switching the weapons), refresh and also for MEVA (yes Daybreak has MEVA which is quite rare to find on weapon).

He used it offensively for +50% damage on light skillchain, which was nice for light damage from CDC>CDC and it was very important for the last zerg part against Ou's regen below 10%HP, when his 99999 and 94k damage Light skillchain was essential to win.

He used Excal before zerg probably because he doesnt have R15 Almace, but also for utility aftermath.

During zerg at the end Excal was essential for multistep light skillchain, because he needed KotR for Fusion. Using Empyreal Arrow instead would be super risky, because if he miss, he would lose the fight and even assuming he had capped accuracy with archery, the cap for EA is only 95%.

Not trolling: Does that mean when soloing with Light SCs Excal/daybreak is our best DPS? Before I believe it was Crocea and second place almace CDC with self light but if you can hit 99K on a 3 step with Excal, while first light is still 35k, that should be our best option, right?
By Torzak 2019-12-05 11:05:05
Link | Citer | R

30% cure potency

RDM can do 50% cure potency, and then some, with maxed fast cast and decent DT without a Daybreak. 88MP should be like an 1100 HP self cure, without a Daybreak.

magic accuracy

Magic Accuracy on OU hasn't been a problem for years for a huge majority of RDM's enfeebles. And now RDMs are running around with more magic accuracy options through gear and merits than what was available before dyna-d.

MND

If MND is an argument, he could've easily swapped weapons specifically for the MND component. R15 Almace would've brought 20MND, for example.

Even if Daybreak's magic evasion and refresh and all the things we're wanting to look at as being important to what was accomplished here (which I don't believe, as I've done the fight numerous times), he could've still off handed Daybreak to Almace and done more with CDC for the vast majority of the fight. There was nothing amazing about any of his CDC to CDC light skill chains that were strictly the result of using Daybreak/Sash/Weatherspoon Ring that couldn't have been bettered with fotia, TA+4%, and Ilibrat/Begrudging and higher WS frequency as a result of it.

Excal was essential for multistep light skillchain, because he needed KotR for Fusion

You can Red Lotus to Flat Blade to Savage to CDC for a double light off of fusion. Ullr or Excal have never been a requirement for RDM to double light.

The only real logistical thing I see here that really made this fight possible, was taking advantage of the Trust Campaign.
By SimonSes 2019-12-05 11:13:13
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »

Not trolling: Does that mean when soloing with Light SCs Excal/daybreak is our best DPS? Before I believe it was Crocea and second place almace CDC with self light but if you can hit 99K on a 3 step with Excal, while first light is still 35k, that should be our best option, right?

I dont think so. Ou is just specific. During last 10% after he uses his unique move and start the 30 sec timer when you need to kill it, it takes few times more damage than normal from light skillchain.
By SimonSes 2019-12-05 11:18:25
Link | Citer | R

Even if Daybreak's magic evasion and refresh and all the things we're wanting to look at as being important to what was accomplished here (which I don't believe, as I've done the fight numerous times), he could've still off handed Daybreak to Almace and done more with CDC for the vast majority of the fight.
He used Excal before zerg probably because he doesnt have R15 Almace
Aerix said: »
Edit: It's also possible he doesn't have an R15 Almace. I don't see him using Almace in any of his videos (no Aftermath from any CDCs).
By Torzak 2019-12-05 11:28:24
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I saw those comments. The thing is, it was a lot more than just those comments trying to counter the use of Almace ranging from the 60 attack, to the regen/refresh, to the fusion requirement. Hence my stance in maintaining that Excal was not particularly necessary for what was accomplished and that Almace would've been better for the vast majority of the fight in the context of how the RDM DD'd it down.

I agree, it's totally possible he doesn't have one.
By SimonSes 2019-12-05 12:30:49
Link | Citer | R

You can Red Lotus to Flat Blade to Savage to CDC for a double light off of fusion.

That's a 4-step tho. With Excal you can 3 step double light, which he did as 2nd multistep during the zerg part. Its very possible that trying to go for 2nd 4-step could result in running out on time and Ou would regen and he wanted to avoid that and better be safe than sorry.
By SimonSes 2019-12-05 12:32:13
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I saw those comments. The thing is, it was a lot more than just those comments trying to counter the use of Almace ranging from the 60 attack, to the regen/refresh, to the fusion requirement. Hence my stance in maintaining that Excal was not particularly necessary for what was accomplished and that Almace would've been better for the vast majority of the fight in the context of how the RDM DD'd it down.

I agree, it's totally possible he doesn't have one.

I agree that if he would have r15 Almace then before the zerg part, Almace/Daybreak would probably be better choice. During zerg it probably would be not, for the reason I posted above.
By Torzak 2019-12-05 12:47:39
Link | Citer | R

You have 30 seconds.

Skill Chain dmg is multiplied by like 3.5x in that last phase. And I'm not sure I see any evidence in the video that Daybreak specifically was what made those skill chain numbers as high as they were. Without trying to game affinity, you could close a Two Step chain for 20 to 30k and Light would be 70 to 99k in that last phase.
By Torzak 2019-12-05 12:57:08
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »
Does that mean when soloing with Light SCs Excal/daybreak is our best DPS?

If you want to game affinity for skill chains, your best piece on a whim is going to be the sash because it'll always work.

When you're dealing with Light or Dark skill chains, you don't necessarily even want light or dark affinity because the Light skill chain will use the property that the opponent is weakest to for the calculations. Example for Light Skill Chain: if the monster is weakest to Wind, The Light Chain will use Wind instead of Thunder or Fire. So you would want wind affinity on the Light Closing WS for that opponent.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-12-05 13:19:39
Link | Citer | R

You have 30 seconds.

Skill Chain dmg is multiplied by like 3.5x in that last phase. And I'm not sure I see any evidence in the video that Daybreak specifically was what made those skill chain numbers as high as they were. Without trying to game affinity, you could close a Two Step chain for 20 to 30k and Light would be 70 to 99k in that last phase.

20-30k? I think you are used to some other buffs than he had lol.
His CDC during zerg did 10.5k and 8.8k dont tell me that switching to Almace, fotia belt and Tarnion would double or triple the CDC damage...

He used Daybreak for Light damage for sure, he wrote that in the description.

デイブレイク、オルペウス、ウェーザーで光アフィニティ76%を使っているので
レク→サベ→ナイツ→シャン(光連携ダメージは約12.6倍)
サベ→ナイツ→シャン(光連携ダメージは約10.8倍)
となります。

Google tranlation:
Daybreak, Orpheus, and Weatherer use 76% light affinity
Lek → Sabe → Knights → Shan (Light damage is about 12.6 times)
Sabe → Nights → Shan (Light cooperation damage is about 10.8 times)
It becomes.
By Torzak 2019-12-05 13:39:07
Link | Citer | R

I used the 20 to 30k to exemplify the concept. I can hit higher than that on OU with proper buffs.

His CDC during zerg did 10.5k and 8.8k

Do you know if that's with or without any TA procs?

He was manually swapping gears at one point. Did he show us his CDC set?

In that last phase where his light skill chain would be multiplied by 3.5x as a matter of the fight's mechanics, if a two step closing WS of 20k damage can close light for 70k, is it hard to believe that something less than that on a 3 step can close for 99k? Forget Daybreak for a second on that question.

And he may have posted in the description Daybreak, Sash, W. Ring to convey what he was attempting to do, but have you tested CDC to CDC Light damage on anything with Daybreak off hand? I have. And I'm not sure I buy that it impacted his skill chain damage at all. The Sash would've, for sure.

Edit: It's possible OU responds specifically to a light weakness (IDK), someone would have to test that, which might make Daybreak's Light Affinity worthwhile there, but it wasn't particularly obvious throughout the entirety of the fight that it was boosting Light Damage in an obvious way and it doesn't change my mind that Daybreak was even particularly necessary, because you already get a 3.5x multi on skill chain damage in that last phase, anyway.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-05 13:56:06
Link | Citer | R

Ou does have its lowest resistance as light, yes.
By SimonSes 2019-12-05 13:56:46
Link | Citer | R

Do you know if that's with or without any TA procs?

He was manually swapping gears at one point. Did he show us his CDC set?

Now you are trying too hard. How the *** would I know if his CDC set is bis. You said about few swaps and I'm sure fotia belt, almace and Tarnion wouldnt boost his CDC from 9k to 20k. They would maybe
boost it by 30% top.

If a two step closing chain of 20k can close light for 70k, is it hard to believe that something less than that on a 3 step can close for 99k? Forget Daybreak for a second on that question.

Dont even understand what you are exactly trying to say again.

His CDC in 3 step did 8803 damage and double light did 94523 damage, which is very close to 10.8 times he wrote about. He obviously prepared for this very well. He knew how much time he had, he knew that doing 2x 4step could be too risky and he wanted to do close to cap damage Light skillchain 2 times without relying on high spikes from CDC TA+crit.

And he may have posted in the description Daybreak, Sash, W. Ring to convey what he was attempting to do, but have you tested CDC to CDC Light damage on anything with Daybreak off hand? I have. And I'm not sure I buy that it impacted his skill chain damage at all. The Sash would've, for sure.

We are not talkign about anything but Ou, which has significantly less resist towards light than fire, thunder or wind, so why wouldn't Daybreak work for Light skillchain..

You asking so much questions and talking so much about testing, so maybe you should go start testing yourself and start answering those questions yourself, because maybe you haven't notice, but I'm not the guy from the video and I'm pretty sure he doesn't read this forum too.
By Torzak 2019-12-05 13:57:05
Link | Citer | R

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Talk:Ou

Read the first bit here:
Code
As an example, closing a light skillchain with a 23246 ws dealt 21519 light damage normally during the fight.

During prophylaxis, closing a light skillchain with similar ws damage dealt the following:

25650 resolution closing skillchain → 91059 light skillchain
    23104 resolution closing skillchain → 82037 light skillchain

My point is, are you sure it's the Daybreak/Sash/Ring combo that's bringing those big numbers? Or is it the mechanic that's always been there?

I agree the sash would affect the numbers, but I've tried CDC to CDC with Daybreak in off hand on a few targets and noticed no increase in Light Skill Chain Damage. Use the Sash on the closing WS, though, and you will...
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-12-05 14:01:13
Link | Citer | R

Probably the mechanic. This dude got similar numbers on NIN:

https://youtu.be/aNjMs1Ope3I?t=1625
First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 141 142 143