Using ygnas?
[+]
 Cerberus.Aerandir
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2019-11-22 18:50:16
Link | Citer | R

Were you using Ygnas as a trust? I think one of his TP moves gives an enlight effect that overwrites enspells.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Serveur: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2019-11-22 18:52:27
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Quick question...

I’m a long time RDM but admittedly took a loooooong break from it and decided to farm some Omen Cards and I noticed something strange.. My Enspells were wearing off very quickly.. like 2 minutes or less? Everything else was 15-20+ minutes Always but the Enspells would stay for what seemed like a random duration and then.. *Poof* Gone.

Both Timers as well as the games own buff tracker were showing that a fresh cast SHOULD be lasting 22+ minutes and very few of the Omen mobs have Dispell so... dafuq?

Did you have a white mage in the party using Auspice? It overwrites enspells and I think Ygnas uses something that overwrites them as well...
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-11-22 21:45:35
Link | Citer | R

Auspice overrides it? I thought it couldn’t overtake an Enspell? Also, didn’t even think about it because WHM always uses Solace.

Glad it was something simple, I was stumped lol

Thank you
[+]
By Nariont 2019-11-22 21:48:05
Link | Citer | R

Yes, since for whm it is an enspell and they didnt bother to keep that to whm only
By Aerix 2019-11-23 06:36:11
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Auspice overrides it? I thought it couldn’t overtake an Enspell? Also, didn’t even think about it because WHM always uses Solace.

Glad it was something simple, I was stumped lol

Thank you

Auspice gives the entire party a decent amount of Subtle Blow regardless of the stance, so WHMs will tend to always keep it up. Let them know in advance not to cast it if you are relying on Enspell damage.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-11-23 08:54:41
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I get that, it just never occurred to me that it would override because the Enspell portion of the spell (Misery) is very rarely used so I completely forgot about it til you guys said something.

“Did you have a WHM in party using Auspice?” That immediately connected the dots for me lol

I derped haha
By Fauve 2019-11-24 00:08:17
Link | Citer | R

Can someone point me to a Black Halo set? Been looking around this thread and can't seem to find any.
By fillerbunny9 2019-11-24 01:31:02
Link | Citer | R

Fauve said: »
Can someone point me to a Black Halo set? Been looking around this thread and can't seem to find any.
there're a bunch of sets back on page 66: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49688/jack-of-all-trades-a-guide-to-red-mage/66/

the set linked there is this (though I would recommend Jhakri Pigaches +2 instead of Chironic. from what I recall somewhere back Jhakri +2 were basically always better than Chironic barring DM augments):

ItemSet 366778
By Fauve 2019-11-24 03:58:06
Link | Citer | R

Thanks!
 Shiva.Raidu
Serveur: Shiva
user: robertlee
By Shiva.Raidu 2019-11-24 05:41:27
Link | Citer | R

does anyone know if there is a code for rdm's that if you have enspell on you will use ayanmo hands but if its not up switch back to regular tp hands?
 Asura.Shiraj
Serveur: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-24 06:49:04
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Raidu said: »
does anyone know if there is a code for rdm's that if you have enspell on you will use ayanmo hands but if its not up switch back to regular tp hands?
Code
if buffactive['Composure'] and buffactive['Enfire'] then 
equip sets.Enspell
end

then have a set somewhere named sets.Enspell or whatever you want it to be.

I use exactly that for saboteur for enfeebles.
 Shiva.Raidu
By Shiva.Raidu 2019-11-24 06:51:11
Link | Citer | R

and that will work for all enspells? not just enfire?
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-24 06:53:05
Link | Citer | R

I'd imagine there would need to be a general buff ID which is for enspells, but i don't know it.
I'd probably just say copy it and replace it with other enspell names in a list.

The buff ID might be the same for all enspells 1 and 2, but idk.
 Shiva.Raidu
By Shiva.Raidu 2019-11-24 06:54:11
Link | Citer | R

okay i will give this a try thanks dude
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-11-24 12:13:35
Link | Citer | R

For Sanguine Blade, is INT (for dINT) or MND (for WS mod) better?
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-11-24 12:19:33
Link | Citer | R

This is what mine looks like:
Code
if (buffactive[94] or buffactive[95] or buffactive[96] or buffactive[97] or buffactive[98] or buffactive[99]) then
		if player.equipment.main == "Crocea Mors" then
			classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append('ENSPELLS')
		elseif player.equipment.main == "Norgish Dagger" then
			classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append('NOTP')
	end

handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
	end

And then my appended Enspell gear sets have Ayanmo and other gear adjustments in them.

As for the Sanguine Blade thing, I recall reading pages ago that INT was better if you had weaker gear and then MND was better later on?
By fillerbunny9 2019-11-24 12:53:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »

from what I have read, INT is better UNLESS one is using Crocea Mors C, in which case MND is better.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-11-24 13:17:34
Link | Citer | R

Thanks. On a related note, what's the current consensus on offhand for Crocea when using Sanguine Blade only (or Sanguine the majority of the time and physical WSs rarely)?

Ternion +1? Malevolence? Daybreak?
By Nariont 2019-11-24 13:20:14
Link | Citer | R

pretty certain tauret won as an off-hand for sanguine only.
By fillerbunny9 2019-11-24 13:23:31
Link | Citer | R

afaik, Daybreak is only for Seraph Blade shenanigans.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-11-24 19:37:25
Link | Citer | R

Fairly certain Daybreak is best offhand if you want highest damage Sanguines. How that compares to higher frequency of Tauret, not sure.
By Torzak 2019-11-25 09:22:49
Link | Citer | R

Using Croc for Sanguine:
If you want highest survivability, use Ternion +1. Reason being, you will Sanguine at higher frequency, meaning more self-cures, or more availability when you need it, & Subtle Blow.

If you want highest enspell damage because you know you're going to be amnesia'd a lot, or you're fighting something goofy like Tenzen with his two WS avoiding abilities, use Ternion +1.

If you're fighting something like worms or rabbits in woh gates (or any Adoulin targets just under Apex for difficulty), use Ternion +1. Reason being, a singular Sanguine is going to one shot anything you fight in this range of difficulty, so it's more efficient to have the Subtle Blow and higher Frequency of attacks (enspell and TP generation).

Otherwise, if you're trying to maximize overall damage output, and the target is harder than the above, use Tauret.

fillerbunny9 said: »
from what I have read, INT is better UNLESS one is using Crocea Mors C, in which case MND is better.

INT is better if you're using a weapon other than Croc. MND is better if you're using Croc. Reason: It seems to function like dSTAT does not get the Croc's Elemental WS bonus. So the INT component is not boosted by Croc, giving way for MND to lead the way. STR remains weaker than INT or MND regardless of main hand weapon, but it catches up to INT a lot with Croc.
By fett2 2019-11-29 10:05:19
Link | Citer | R

Is there a good BIS CDC gearset for RDM anywhere? Been looking through this post and I don't see one listed.
By Torzak 2019-11-29 10:11:34
Link | Citer | R

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49688/jack-of-all-trades-a-guide-to-red-mage/84#3459813
By fett2 2019-11-29 10:42:43
Link | Citer | R

Thank you!
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-01 13:30:25
Link | Citer | R

For pure healing potency, is 5/5 Kaykaus +1 best (for the Cure Potency II set bonus), or do you get higher cure values by using more Healing Magic Skill, such as with Vanya Clogs?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-01 13:43:29
Link | Citer | R

For pure healing potency, is 5/5 Kaykaus +1 best (for the Cure Potency II set bonus), or do you get higher cure values by using more Healing Magic Skill, such as with Vanya Clogs?

Your gonna need those clogs, so about 3/5 Kaykaus +1. Cure IV has a 700 cure power cap, 1 healing magic skill = 1 cure power and you want at least 500 healing magic skill to cap tranquil heart. The remaining cure power you can make up with MND and VIT as 2 MND = 1 cure power and 4 VIT = 1 cure power.

This will get you capped cure power with Light Arts up and weather bonus along with -enmity.
Code
sets.midcast_LA_Cure =
{main="Chatoyant staff",
sub="achaq grip",
ammo="Regal gem",
head="Kaykaus mitra +1",
neck="Lasaia pendant",
ear1="Halasz earring",
ear2="Mendi. Earring",
body="Kaykaus bliaut +1",
hands="Kaykaus cuffs +1",
ring1="Kuchekula Ring",
ring2="Sirona's Ring",
back="Twilight Cape",
waist="Hachirin-no-Obi",
legs="Atrophy tights +3",
feet="Vanya clogs"}
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-01 13:49:15
Link | Citer | R

What paths are those Kaykaus and Vanya pieces on? I assume B for the clogs, but not sure about Kaykaus.
By SimonSes 2019-12-04 10:21:09
Link | Citer | R

Holy *** :O

YouTube Video Placeholder

And thats on vanilla >.>
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 141 142 143