Ask the Admin: Rooks edition
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-20 19:11:45
Link | Citer | R

Armyguy said: »
Uh. ok....

hmmm....

What was the first video game that your wife played with you?

What search engine do you use most?

She doesn't play console or computer games at all, really. I think the one time it happened, it was Super Mario Bros. 3 on the Wii Virtual Console. She has a couple of iPad games she likes, mostly stuff like The Room, but yeah, it's not a "together" activity. She does like to read in the same room while I'm playing games with an actual story, though - she loved Mordin in Mass Effect 2.

My default search engine is set to Bing, simply for the rewards program. There's a lot of charitable stuff you can do with the points.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-09-20 19:15:23
Link | Citer | R

Aww, gaming together as a couple sounds romantic. >.>

Which do you prefer, chicken or beef?

Ever had real (raw) sushi?

If you could take a trip to any country, where would it be?

Did you ever watch the Animaniacs?

Do you allow your kid to watch Caillou or Jay-Jay the Jet Plane? If so, do either of these make you as angry as they do me?
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-20 19:15:30
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Siggymund said: »
How far back do the records of the guilds items go and are the saved, is it possible to view these on a spread sheet? Is it possible to see a pattern for the future or is it just random? If it has been asked before and there it info on this subject can you please direct me.

Thank you,
Siggymund

A full explanation of the guild item system is probably beyond the scope of this thread. To answer your direct questions, though:

- We have records back to 2009
- At some point I might make that all viewable, if there was interest
- As far as I know you can't predict the pattern into the future, but since I'm making changes to that system anyway (to make it easier to update it, since there have been changes), maybe I'll find something. I don't actually know!
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-20 19:22:02
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Which do you prefer, chicken or beef?

Chicken. I barely ate beef at all until I was in my thirties, didn't like the texture. Like it fine now, though.

Ever had real (raw) sushi?

Yeah. Not a huge fan, but can eat it if a group is going somewhere.

If you could take a trip to any country, where would it be?

Likely England. Love the Brits. The wife's spent a lot of time over there as part of her doctorate, and loves it. We'll probably go when the zilla's old enough to enjoy it.

Did you ever watch the Animaniacs?

I watched all the Animaniacs. I liked Tiny Toon Adventures a little more, but worth were excellent, and I kinda miss them.

Do you allow your kid to watch Caillou or Jay-Jay the Jet Plane? If so, do either of these make you as angry as they do me?

The zilla watches no television. Like, none. That's not entirely some crazy parenting decision on our part, though we're totally fine with it - he just doesn't want to sit still and watch things, would rather be climbing or building or pretending. We couldn't get him to watch that kind of stuff if we wanted to.

The one video type thing he will reliably sit still for is any video from these people.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-09-20 19:26:19
Link | Citer | R

Were you surprised that I actually asked questions that made sense?
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-20 19:42:00
Link | Citer | R

Were you surprised that I actually asked questions that made sense?

No.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-09-20 21:48:40
Link | Citer | R

Rooks said: »
Man, I don't care if people want to ask dumb questions, that's the "point" of this thread
So when a chicken builds a rocket to shoot up to space, will Jupiter send the rocket to Callisto, or will the Sun make fried chicken for future civilizations.

I'm..sorry :<
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-20 22:18:14
Link | Citer | R

Kalila said: »
Man, I don't care if people want to ask dumb questions, that's the "point" of this thread
So when a chicken builds a rocket to shoot up to space, will Jupiter send the rocket to Callisto, or will the Sun make fried chicken for future civilizations.

My money's on it smacking into the moon before it gets far enough to worry about either of the other two. Otherwise, probably the Sun just because it's an easier target with more gravity.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-09-20 22:20:51
Link | Citer | R

When you're rolling down a hill and your canoe loses its wheels, why is a mouse?
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-20 22:22:15
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Did you enjoy the Episode of Doctor who?
(the next episode aired yesterday here in brit-land)

We watch it via Amazon, so we don't get it until today. I'll let you know!

Liked it quite a bit. The end of Part I indicates we're in for some timey-wimeyness in part II. I'm hoping it's along the lines of The Big Bang, where you end up getting the whole picture over the course of the episode.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-09-20 22:22:28
Link | Citer | R

I only have one question for Rooks
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-20 22:24:23
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
When you're rolling down a hill and your canoe loses its wheels, why is a mouse?

Blue, because ice cream has no bones.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-09-20 22:25:23
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »

Blue, because ice cream has no bones.
Your Nonsense Fu is strong, sir.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-20 22:27:00
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »

That's the result of the lowest bidder winning a uniform contract.

I'm not exactly stylin' but even my shoe game is better than that.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-09-20 22:30:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »

That's the result of the lowest bidder winning a uniform contract.

I'm not exactly stylin' but even my shoe game is better than that.

You win 2 internets for those responses.
 Bismarck.Vespertaru
user: Vesper84
By Bismarck.Vespertaru 2015-09-20 23:32:58
Link | Citer | R

#1 You said were on Bismarck at one point: what time frame and was it under a different name?

#2 As most people who have been on FFXIAH a long time know, there use to be an economy % for each server. It was eventually taken down though. My question is, do you (or anyone else know) what items the market was based off of (they wouldn't tell us back then so we couldn't fudge the numbers).

#3 Is it just me or does Anna Ruthven's avatar look like Black Widow as a vampire?
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2015-09-20 23:55:42
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Vespertaru said: »
#1 You said were on Bismarck at one point: what time frame and was it under a different name?

Yeah, I lost my name when Hades got merged into Cerberus, and changed it to Kelhor (as is obvious from posting from that character now). I didn't get Rooks back until I moved to Lakshmi (which is in part why I moved there). I was on Bismarck from March 2012 - May 2013, and most of my time there was spent in Equilibrium.

#2 As most people who have been on FFXIAH a long time know, there use to be an economy % for each server. It was eventually taken down though. My question is, do you (or anyone else know) what items the market was based off of (they wouldn't tell us back then so we couldn't fudge the numbers).

You mean the consumer price index? The code's still there, but that real estate was given over to the shout box. I'd have to dig to find the item list, though.

#3 Is it just me or does Anna Ruthven's avatar look like Black Widow as a vampire?

I'm not really seeing it. Sorry.
 Bismarck.Vespertaru
user: Vesper84
By Bismarck.Vespertaru 2015-09-21 00:07:22
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Kelhor said: »

I'm not really seeing it. Sorry.

Eh I am looking at it more from an animated perspective of Avengers cartoons I have seen. Not so much Scarlett Johansson.

Bismarck.Kelhor said: »

Yeah, I lost my name when Hades got merged into Cerberus, and changed it to Kelhor (as is obvious from posting from that character now). I didn't get Rooks back until I moved to Lakshmi (which is in part why I moved there). I was on Bismarck from March 2012 - May 2013, and most of my time there was spent in Equilibrium.

I know that ls but I don't ever recall seeing you around. I have been on Bismarck most of my FFXI life. All but a few years on Phoenix when a few friends and I went over there (Odin was merged into it).
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-09-21 03:29:21
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Did you enjoy the Episode of Doctor who?
(the next episode aired yesterday here in brit-land)

We watch it via Amazon, so we don't get it until today. I'll let you know!

Liked it quite a bit. The end of Part I indicates we're in for some timey-wimeyness in part II. I'm hoping it's along the lines of The Big Bang, where you end up getting the whole picture over the course of the episode.
The preview for part II is a very "Would you go back a kill Hitler as a child", hell they even brought up a fourth doctor quote before 12 interrupted him because he knew what was being said.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-14 12:52:47
Link | Citer | R

What was the most embarrassing report/pm you had to respond to(or should have but ignored it)?

What about the most upsetting?

(without names of course)
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-10-14 13:06:23
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
What was the most embarrassing report/pm you had to respond to(or should have but ignored it)?

Even without names, there's no way for me to answer these questions, as the people involved would know, and it'd be hurtful. Sorry.
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-10-14 13:41:55
Link | Citer | R

I have heard you can not move diagonally, only straight forward and side-to-side. Is that true?
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-10-14 14:08:10
Link | Citer | R

Grumpy Cat said: »
I have heard you can not move diagonally, only straight forward and side-to-side. Is that true?

Wow, I never get asked that.

That's not even the source of the name!
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-14 14:24:47
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Even without names, there's no way for me to answer these questions, as the people involved would know, and it'd be hurtful. Sorry.
It's OK, everyone knows I dress like a girl on the weekends, bby. <3~
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-10-14 14:29:26
Link | Citer | R

What makes you so sure he was referring to Chess? He could have been a little off with 'Lean Like a Cholo' lyrics.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2015-10-14 14:34:22
Link | Citer | R

Reading is hard, iSorry.
By Grumpy Cat 2015-10-14 14:40:16
Link | Citer | R

If you could morph into 5 animals which ones would you pick?
By volkom 2015-10-14 15:25:42
Link | Citer | R

what is your favorite chess piece
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-10-14 15:26:35
Link | Citer | R

If you could morph into 5 animals which ones would you pick?

Like a lycanthrope, where I can change back and forth, or just a straight up "you have to be an animal forever, hurry up and choose"?
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-10-14 15:26:45
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
what is your favorite chess piece

Knight.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11