First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 12:58:21
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If knives are so much deadlier than guns why aren't people walking around with knives to protect themselves and forgetting about the guns?
You obviously haven't been to Texas. There are more people with knives on them at all times than there are with guns on them at all times...
The point is why is there a need for guns if you have a superior weapon at hand to protect yourself. Most people argue that guns are there for pretection and self preservation. If all you need is a knife for that why bother with the argument that you need a gun for all that?
They're not necessarily superior but in the wrong hands just as dangerous and can be just as deadly.

It's more so subjective as to what's superior and the like.

Some people are better with bladed weapons, some are better with projectile weapons, and there's some truth to the stealthiness of being able to use a concealed blade that can slit one's throat and not make a noise vs a weapon that fires a projectile and typically makes a good amount of noise, even with a suppressor.
I'm just curious as to where you learned all of this. People's efficiency and deadliness with certain weapons.

I'm going to ignore your trolling for once and just sigh.

/sigh
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-09 12:58:32
Link | Citer | R

Dawn Charis said: »
I really wanna know this guys name, I want to see his facebook before stuff gets removed

The big kid is Casey Haynes and the little one is Richard Gale. It was a big deal in the UK when this happened.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-04-09 13:00:02
Link | Citer | R

It's entirely situational.
I'd agree that it's not all black and white and there's a large degree of variance here based on how things are going down, experience and perhaps what types of weapons but if I was given the choice on what weapon I was about to be attacked with, or have pulled on me, I'd pick the knife.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 13:00:20
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Dawn Charis said: »
I really wanna know this guys name, I want to see his facebook before stuff gets removed

The big kid is Casey Haynes and the little one is Richard Gale. It was a big deal in the UK when this happened.

I'm curious as to the (what I'm assuming was) controversy.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-09 13:00:48
Link | Citer | R

not often, but it sometimes amuses me just reading super cereal posts from the usual people
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 13:01:38
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
It's entirely situational.
I'd agree that it's not all black and white and there's a large degree of variance here based on how things are going down, experience and perhaps what types of weapons but if I was given the choice on what weapon I was about to be attacked, or have pulled on me, I'd pick the knife.
Depends on the situation for me.

I know which one I'd want to carry, but that's because I know my body and my skills.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 13:02:08
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
not often, but it sometimes amuses me just reading super cereal posts from the usual people
watch it, we may get into another climate change debate.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-09 13:05:53
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
watch it, we may get into another climate change debate.
Doesn't exist.

....there, go for it.
 Ragnarok.Leysritt
user: Leysritt
By Ragnarok.Leysritt 2014-04-09 13:08:24
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Leysritt said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Defending yourself against a knife is a million times easier than defending yourself against a gun.

Exactly
not at all.

You want to bet? Can you catch a bullet? Can you get in close fast enough before they put a round somewhere in your body? With a knife you can somewhat predict what they'll do by the motions of their body. If they pull their arm backwards, 9/10 times the attacker is going to be trying to lunge and stab you. With a gun? All you have to go by are tiny signals like hand shaking, breathing, and that finger motion on the trigger. But you more often than not, no way in hell does someone have the reaction time to predict and dodge a bullet midfire, by then the bullet has left the handgun and is impacting into your chest, stomach, shoulder, thigh, or worse, your head.

With a knife, you can sidestep, grab their wrist, twist it while you punch them in the stomach or throat (depriving them of wind and thus making it easier to get the knife from their hand) and then it's a matter of making sure they don't get that knife back in their hands.

The first move is the riskiest, but it's not as bad with a knife as it is with a gun.

Being taught this by a police officer, you start to understand what they have to go through when they are dealing with some junkie with a switch blade on the streets and they can't use a firearm and instead have to do non-lethal takedowns.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-09 13:09:36
Link | Citer | R

Jet gets emotional about guns, take it all in context.

Personally I believe there is a big disconnect between people who grow up in cities versus rural areas regarding guns. When you're in a wide open area with miles between people, the ability to open carry and use the weapon for things like fishing/hunting/self-defense have legitimate weight behind them. You probably know most people around you, have a familiarity with the threats and can teach your kid gun safety.

Live in a city and its completely flipped around. You know how many people I can get into a verbal spat with on a daily basis for trivial ***like getting cut off or bumping someone on a street? The last thing I need is someone in the sea of *** to pull a weapon out on me because emotions have gotten the better of them. When you pack millions of people in tight spaces, you increase the chances of ***getting real.

I'd much rather that go to blows with fists or a knife than someone pulling out a firearm. But that's just my two cents brah, the NRA just wants to sell guns.
[+]
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Dawnn
By Dawn Charis 2014-04-09 13:16:52
Link | Citer | R

Alex Hribal
By fonewear 2014-04-09 13:17:57
Link | Citer | R

The anti gun comments on CNN are beyond hilarious.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-09 13:18:03
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Josiahfk said: »
Since when do you waste time in p and r stark lol
This isn't P&R. Not that one can spot the difference when it starts off with "I hope this doesn't turn into another gun debate thread. So here's a couple facts about guns and violence to start it off." within seconds of being posted.
 Ragnarok.Leysritt
user: Leysritt
By Ragnarok.Leysritt 2014-04-09 13:20:52
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Jet gets emotional about guns, take it all in context.

Personally I believe there is a big disconnect between people who grow up in cities versus rural areas regarding guns. When you're in a wide open area with miles between people, the ability to open carry and use the weapon for things like fishing/hunting/self-defense have legitimate weight behind them. You probably know most people around you, have a familiarity with the threats and can teach your kid gun safety.

Live in a city and its completely flipped around. You know how many people I can get into a verbal spat with on a daily basis for trivial ***like getting cut off or bumping someone on a street? The last thing I need is someone in the sea of *** to pull a weapon out on me because emotions have gotten the better of them. When you pack millions of people in tight spaces, you increase the chances of ***getting real.

I'd much rather that go to blows with fists or a knife than someone pulling out a firearm. But that's just my two cents brah, the NRA just wants to sell guns.

I myself can understand what you mean, out where I live I have both city and rural (I live in a rural area but a city nearby) but I can tell you this: I'd rather be out in the middle of nowhere than by myself in the middle of a big city. One time I actually was in a situation where a guy tried to mug me, ended up ending a way I didn't want (had like 4 stitches in my arm) but I'm glad it was my arm and not my chest or stomach.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-09 13:23:37
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Applebottoms said: »
It's realizing that nothing here will change, so why not pass on a bit of humor to try and lighten things up?
This. Yah I'm pages late. *** it.
Serveur: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2014-04-09 13:24:36
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2014-04-09 13:33:06
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Valefor.Applebottoms said: »
It's realizing that nothing here will change, so why not pass on a bit of humor to try and lighten things up?
This. Yah I'm pages late. *** it.

Didn't miss much change the word gun to knife and you get the idea.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-09 13:36:55
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
mmm... Better start securing my sword collection.
What do you have in that collection?

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-09 13:51:20
Link | Citer | R

Come at me gun grabbers.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-09 14:02:04
Link | Citer | R

eslim said: »
a rl amano would definately do the trick for me as a weapon but i can't bring it everywhere i go :<
or can you? O.o

I rather have a RL Mandau. Poison blade of course.

iLvl 119 version, not that pussy level 75 one...
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-04-09 14:05:46
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Come at me gun grabbers.

Don't tread on me!
By fonewear 2014-04-09 14:06:48
Link | Citer | R

My crossbow shoots knives try to ban me now !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-09 14:09:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If knives are so much deadlier than guns why aren't people walking around with knives to protect themselves and forgetting about the guns?
You obviously haven't been to Texas. There are more people with knives on them at all times than there are with guns on them at all times...
The point is why is there a need for guns if you have a superior weapon at hand to protect yourself. Most people argue that guns are there for pretection and self preservation. If all you need is a knife for that why bother with the argument that you need a gun for all that?
They're not necessarily superior but in the wrong hands just as dangerous and can be just as deadly.

It's more so subjective as to what's superior and the like.

Some people are better with bladed weapons, some are better with projectile weapons, and there's some truth to the stealthiness of being able to use a concealed blade that can slit one's throat and not make a noise vs a weapon that fires a projectile and typically makes a good amount of noise, even with a suppressor.
I'm just curious as to where you learned all of this. People's efficiency and deadliness with certain weapons.

I'm going to ignore your trolling for once and just sigh.

/sigh
I'm serious... beyond television where do you even come up with this stuff?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-09 14:11:29
Link | Citer | R

Just looked on Gunbroker, you can get a Russian backpack flamethrower for $1200 USD.

Effective for home defense or making CNN anchors explode on air.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15