First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-09 10:03:51
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Godofgods said: »
i think hell needs a few extra heaters... i actually find kings posts to be the more logical ones in here... 0.0

So you're the one.
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-04-09 10:04:02
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
The only reason there is ever a gun debate is because guns have one purpose, to harm and because of that there is ample reason for guns to be restricted/banned.

Ive had them most of my life. Not a single person was ever harmed by them (me).

On the other hand, i have hurt myself with blades, and recently too.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-04-09 10:05:59
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
i think hell needs a few extra heaters... i actually find kings posts to be the more logical ones in here... 0.0

So you're the one.

Damn right!

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-04-09 10:06:28
Link | Citer | R

Knives on the other hands have other uses besides harm, you can't ban knives and if someone wanted to go on a killing spree with a knife, it would be very easy to get a knife

Go to Walmart, go to the kitchen items section, get a huge butcher knife, check out, done.

Seriously, we card for alcohol, machetes, cigarettes, hell, even canned air and correction fluid, but anyone can go buy a large, kitchen knife.

Even a 12 year old that wanted to be stupid without parent supervision. Any Cashier with a mind would tell them no, but with the self-checkout registers now, it could happen. And that's a scary thought.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-04-09 10:07:12
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-04-09 10:07:32
Link | Citer | R

I read that 4 7 were stabbed and the others had been injured in the chaos.

Well, numbers keep changing
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-04-09 10:10:05
Link | Citer | R

no fatalities as of yet so i'm only at half mast
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 10:10:05
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Applebottoms said: »
Knives on the other hands have other uses besides harm, you can't ban knives and if someone wanted to go on a killing spree with a knife, it would be very easy to get a knife

Go to Walmart, go to the kitchen items section, get a huge butcher knife, check out, done.

Seriously, we card for alcohol, machetes, cigarettes, hell, even canned air and correction fluid, but anyone can go buy a large, kitchen knife.

Even a 12 year old that wanted to be stupid without parent supervision. Any Cashier with a mind would tell them no, but with the self-checkout registers now, it could happen. And that's a scary thought.
I know pocket knives and the such require age verification, I don't recall if kitchen stuff ever caused it to pop up, it's been too long since I worked retail, and I don't recall when I bought my last kitchen knives.

But you still bring up a good point, and most cashiers don't care about the thing.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 10:10:28
Link | Citer | R

There can be only one! /draws sword!
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-09 10:12:11
Link | Citer | R

So you're the one.

Damn right!

Not exactly what I had in mind, but ok.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 10:13:14
Link | Citer | R

Not exactly what I had in mind, but ok.
What did you have in mind, I'm curious.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-09 10:13:32
Link | Citer | R

And thanks btw, now I have Queen stuck in my head, lol.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-04-09 10:14:38
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-09 10:15:01
Link | Citer | R

Damn, you guys are awful. It might be just a hair too soon to be cracking jokes...
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-04-09 10:16:59
Link | Citer | R

not awful we just got an early start and are at the acceptance/moving on stage
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 10:17:03
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Damn, you guys are awful. It might be just a hair too soon to be cracking jokes...
Why should random people feel empathy for something they had no part in?

You can't expect everyone to be a bleeding heart sympathetic person.

Not to mention that some people deal with tragedy by using comedy as a distraction as the tragedy is "too real" for a lot of people to handle, including people that have probably spent years stuck in a video game.

Not saying that's everyone, or even myself, but I'm certain there are individuals that I'm describing on this very site and in this very thread.
[+]
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-04-09 10:24:01
Link | Citer | R

I would have used a chainsaw myself, but that is just me trying to push my anti-chainsaw agenda.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-04-09 10:25:51
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

You can't expect everyone to be a bleeding heart sympathetic person.

Not to mention that some people deal with tragedy by using comedy as a distraction as the tragedy is "too real" for a lot of people to handle, including people that have probably spent years stuck in a video game.

Not saying that's everyone, or even myself, but I'm certain there are individuals that I'm describing on this very site and in this very thread.
I'm thinking using comedy isn't a way of coping, it's a way of lightening things up in a thread when people go in and just yell at each other and blame each other for the way things are.

It's realizing that nothing here will change, so why not pass on a bit of humor to try and lighten things up?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 10:27:35
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
[...]as the tragedy is "too real" for a lot of people to handle, including people that have probably spent years stuck in a video game.
Wow. You are just really gung-ho into digging a metaphorocal argument-grave today señor.
You have a problem with me asserting that some individuals on this site may not have the capacity to deal with tragedy other than to crack jokes about it?

I'm not necessarily saying there's anything wrong with it either, I'm very neutral to it, and merely stated my opinion of what I observed, so what has your panties in such a knot?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-09 10:27:49
Link | Citer | R

Comparing knives to guns is bad and you should all feel bad. Has the pro-gun crowd sunk so low to scoring baskets when kids get stabbed?

Guns are long range fire and forget weapons. You point, you aim, you shoot and presumably injure anything you want from a distance. DISTANCE being the operative word here. Kinda why the weapon was developed in the first place. Anyone can pick up a gun and become proficient enough to kill something with it in short order.

Now everyone has a right to keep firearms and use them for anything from sport to hunting to self-defense but lets drop the stupidity of knives shall we? It's a bad argument.

Using a knife as a close-range weapon leaves you open to counter-attack, requires a level of intimacy with a victim not present with a gun, leaves the victim the ability to just run and cannot compare in damage per second as you scale up guns versus knives.

And now a word from the manual strangulation lobby.
Fists don't kill people, muscle contractions kill people.
[+]
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-04-09 10:28:22
Link | Citer | R

Google ad as I check this thread. A sign perhaps?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 10:28:37
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Applebottoms said: »
I'm thinking using comedy isn't a way of coping, it's a way of lightening things up in a thread when people go in and just yell at each other and blame each other for the way things are.

It's realizing that nothing here will change, so why not pass on a bit of humor to try and lighten things up?
That's a real possibility as well, was just giving one possible perspective.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-04-09 10:29:06
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Comparing knives to guns is bad and you should all feel bad. Has the pro-gun crowd sunk so low to scoring baskets when kids get stabbed?

Guns are long range fire and forget weapons. You point, you aim, you shoot and presumably injure anything you want from a distance. DISTANCE being the operative word here. Kinda why the weapon was developed in the first place. Anyone can pick up a gun and become proficient enough to kill something with it in short order.

Now everyone has a right to keep firearms and use them for anything from sport to hunting to self-defense but lets drop the stupidity of knives shall we? It's a bad argument.

Using a knife as a close-range weapon leaves you open to counter-attack, requires a level of intimacy with a victim not present with a gun, leaves the victim the ability to just run and cannot compare in damage per second as you scale up guns versus knives.

What about throwing knives?
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-04-09 10:29:37
Link | Citer | R

lol if i were to go on a killing spree it would be with strangulation its like a hug but with murder
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 10:30:05
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

You only think it's a bad argument because it tears yours apart. The correlation being made still stands, and we're all well aware of the contrasts.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-04-09 10:32:39
Link | Citer | R

people are going to kill people i deal with it *** 3-7 times a week if i were to weep every time someone gets hurt i would quite literally be human jerky
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-09 10:49:40
Link | Citer | R

Empathy is one of the pillars of a liberal ideology.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15