Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-10 15:34:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
well, that changes everything.

Don't want to backread, but did Jet admit of being an Ephebophilia...whatever?

Jetackuu said: »
What I find mind boggling is that not even 100 years ago, people were getting married even before this age range, and then having children, then certain bigoted individuals want to sit around and call me a monster for recognizing and admitting that I have an attraction to young women, which is honestly a natural thing, just too many people are too scared to admit it.

edit: while granted, I realize and recognize that for a long period of history marriage was a fiscal and power thing, but that's a whole 'nother discussion.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 15:35:54
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Not for nothing, but you're kinda holding onto a pretty traditional definition of "adult" aren't you? I mean times change, words are flexible, aren't they? I mean that's everyone's argument for "marriage" isn't it?
Couldn't resist, huh?

Traditionally, people are considered adults when they're able to go out and work (and possibly even support themselves). Not coincidentally, this was traditionally within a year or two of puberty. Compare with coming-of-age ceremonies like the bar/bat mitzvah.

Nowadays, though, adolescence is not just culturally extended into the 20s, but there's evidence that it's physically lasting that long, too. If you're creeped out by someone in his/her 50s chatting up the barely-21-year-old in a bar, you have good reason. For most intents and purposes, they're still a kid.
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But not all persons of the same age are equal, physically and or mentally, even if there's a "norm."

If some chick with daddy issues wants to sleep with a man twice her age, it's not your place to judge.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-10 15:35:54
Link | Citer | R

Grumpy Cat said: »
I don't see how "liking" children can lead to being a predator...

The term used seems to be a little more thank "liking".

"Ephebophilia is the primary or exclusive adult sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19."

Don't want to backread, but did Jet admit of being an Ephebophiliac...whatever?
yes, yes I did, and have before.
It changes nothing.
Well, my stance changed further.

While in the past it was ok, it really isn't anymore, and we live much longer today than we did 100 years ago, when 15-19 was considered middle age.

What's wrong with a woman? Why do you like girls?

Edit: eww
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-10 15:36:35
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Don't want to backread, but did Jet admit of being an Ephebophilia...whatever?

What I find mind boggling is that not even 100 years ago, people were getting married even before this age range, and then having children, then certain bigoted individuals want to sit around and call me a monster for recognizing and admitting that I have an attraction to young women, which is honestly a natural thing, just too many people are too scared to admit it.

edit: while granted, I realize and recognize that for a long period of history marriage was a fiscal and power thing, but that's a whole 'nother discussion.

Thanks Zero.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 15:36:59
Link | Citer | R

Not for nothing, but you're kinda holding onto a pretty traditional definition of "adult" aren't you? I mean times change, words are flexible, aren't they? I mean that's everyone's argument for "marriage" isn't it?
for once, you have a decent point, even if it's veiled in thick sarcasm.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-10 15:37:04
Link | Citer | R

too much anime maybe? Or he is in his early 20's and still thinks like he is 17-18? Sometimes you gotta check yo'self.
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-04-10 15:38:41
Link | Citer | R

It might be harsh but it isn't really a longshot. I don't think many people would have to try hard to make a connection between

"I am sexually attracted to 15-19 year olds and use the internet a lot"

and

"eww"
There's plenty of legal material sir.

I mean hell, your very own Yoko in the first part of the series is what, 16?

True enough, but Yoko is a fictional, unrealistically proportioned, oversexualized, character.

After re-reading I find this...

"Ephebophilia strictly denotes the preference for mid-to-late adolescent sexual partners, not the mere presence of some level of sexual attraction."

I think maybe, you may have used the wrong term here if you are since you made this point...

Not to mention the fact that one can be attracted to a group and choice to do nothing about it, that's part of being a supposed adult no? to control yourself?

As Ephebophilia seems to me more inline with the preferences when it comes to actually acting on your attractions, maybe it isn't the best term for what you are trying to get across?
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 15:39:21
Link | Citer | R

While in the past it was ok, it really isn't anymore, and we live much longer today than we did 100 years ago, when 15-19 was considered middle age.

Going to ignore the overall close-mindedness of the nature of your statement and get to the point:

I like women, not girls.

I consider fully developed females as women, apparently you don't and must attach a number to physical development.

Humans haven't changed that much (except maybe socially) in that time, so poor excuse, what physically is different now that wasn't then? They're fertile young women, what's wrong with being attracted to them?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-10 15:40:08
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Why do people try to justify their actions by saying "oh well a centruy ago.." Jet you ridicule Nausi and others for doing the same thing with gay marriage and then use it to try and justify your own arguments...

100 years ago segregation was still in place... is that still ok now?

The definition of adult has changed over the years to what it currently is now...

Edit: pretty low to try and justify your reasoning this way too... Appearantly you seem to care more about keeping marriage "traditional" than keeping adults from diddling kids... You ok with marraige between a 40 y/o and a ten y/o too as long as its a male and a female?
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 15:40:33
Link | Citer | R

It might be harsh but it isn't really a longshot. I don't think many people would have to try hard to make a connection between

"I am sexually attracted to 15-19 year olds and use the internet a lot"

and

"eww"
There's plenty of legal material sir.

I mean hell, your very own Yoko in the first part of the series is what, 16?

True enough, but Yoko is a fictional, unrealistically proportioned, oversexualized, character.

After re-reading I find this...

"Ephebophilia strictly denotes the preference for mid-to-late adolescent sexual partners, not the mere presence of some level of sexual attraction."

I think maybe, you may have used the wrong term here if you are since you made this point...

Not to mention the fact that one can be attracted to a group and choice to do nothing about it, that's part of being a supposed adult no? to control yourself?

As Ephebophilia seems to me more inline with the preferences when it comes to actually acting on your attractions, maybe it isn't the best term for what you are trying to get across?
Maybe, but like you've I've found multiple definitions of it, some just denoting an attraction and some implying desire to mate.

I'm not really hung up on the word, I don't really care about it.

as for the Yoko bit, my point still stands, she's obviously made out to be an underage sex symbol and you idolize her, yet you're sitting here vilifying me for just admitting I have an attraction to young developed women and don't really pay much attention to the age. *** don't magically grow at 18 son.

edit: yes there's a difference between real and fictional characters, obviously.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-10 15:43:06
Link | Citer | R

Couldn't resist, huh?

Traditionally, people are considered adults when they're able to go out and work (and possibly even support themselves). Not coincidentally, this was traditionally within a year or two of puberty. Compare with coming-of-age ceremonies like the bar/bat mitzvah.

Nowadays, though, adolescence is not just culturally extended into the 20s, but there's evidence that it's physically lasting that long, too. If you're creeped out by someone in his/her 50s chatting up the barely-21-year-old in a bar, you have good reason. For most intents and purposes, they're still a kid.

Physically, the brain doesn't stop developing until about age 30, either. People have different levels of tolerance to this, age and maturity isn't about a hard number, it just trends that way. There is no finish line either. I've met 25 year olds that were more "adult" than some women I know in their 40s.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-10 15:43:28
Link | Citer | R

Couldn't resist, huh?

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But not all persons of the same age are equal, physically and or mentally, even if there's a "norm."

If some chick with daddy issues wants to sleep with a man twice her age, it's not your place to judge.
It's our place to keep you from taking advantage of a child and adding further to her emotional distress.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-10 15:45:07
Link | Citer | R

Going to ignore the overall close-mindedness of the nature of your statement and get to the point:

I like women, not girls.

I consider fully developed females as women, apparently you don't and must attach a number to physical development.

Humans haven't changed that much (except maybe socially) in that time, so poor excuse, what physically is different now that wasn't then? They're fertile young women, what's wrong with being attracted to them?
That's your excuse?

I would understand if the girl LOOKs 19, but to go straight after developing girls (especially those who aren't fully mature yet) is kindof robbing from the cradle.

But then again, I'm attracted more towards the personality, not the immaturity. To each their own. I think that is the real issue people are seeing here, not the physical features, but the mental ones...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-10 15:46:49
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry Jet, this is not an argument you have a chance of convincing us that you are sane.

If you want to have less scrutiny towards you, I wouldn't reveal such tidbits like "I likes them young'uns, the younger the better!"
Serveur: Ultros
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2014-04-10 15:47:09
Link | Citer | R

Was Flavin raped as a kid or something?
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 15:47:23
Link | Citer | R

That's your excuse?

I would understand if the girl LOOKs 19, but to go straight after developing girls (especially those who aren't fully mature yet) is kindof robbing from the cradle.

But then again, I'm attracted more towards the personality, not the immaturity. To each their own. I think that is the real issue people are seeing here, not the physical features, but the mental ones...

Developed, and that was my entire original point...

People don't just magically turn into mentally capable and physically able "adults" at a certain age, it's all circumstantial.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 15:48:06
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry Jet, this is not an argument you have a chance of convincing us that you are sane.

If you want to have less scrutiny towards you, I wouldn't reveal such tidbits like "I likes them young'uns, the younger the better!"
I never said that, and I have no problem with you thinking whatever you want about me.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-10 15:48:27
Link | Citer | R

That's your excuse?

Developed, and that was my entire original point...

People don't just magically turn into mentally capable and physically able "adults" at a certain age, it's all circumstantial.
You are correct. However, try telling that to the legal system.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 15:49:38
Link | Citer | R

That is indeed where the problem lies.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2014-04-10 15:50:37
Link | Citer | R

This is some middle school ***here.
"Why do you like that? thats weird!"
"stay in the closet!"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-10 15:50:40
Link | Citer | R

Euclids Cfinder said: »
This is the conclusion you come to as a guy talks about his desire for the little kiddies?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-10 15:51:10
Link | Citer | R

Why do people try to justify their actions by saying "oh well a centruy ago.." Jet you ridicule Nausi and others for doing the same thing with gay marriage and then use it to try and justify your own arguments...

The definition of adult has changed over the years to what it currently is now...

Edit: pretty low to try and justify your reasoning this way too... Appearantly you seem to care more about keeping marriage "traditional" than keeping adults from diddling kids... You ok with marraige between a 40 y/o and a ten y/o too as long as its a male and a female?

Did you really just try and make me a supporter of diddling little kids?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-10 15:51:46
Link | Citer | R

I never said that, and I have no problem with you thinking whatever you want about me.
You may not care what I think about you, but you do care what everyone thinks about you.

That is why I said "us" and not "me"
Serveur: Excalibur
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-04-10 15:51:59
Link | Citer | R

It's a big leap thought when you go from talking about fictional characters to the real world. If 16 year old Yoko popped out of my dakimakura and was ready to bone, I would have to put the kabosh on it sadly, and not just because my GF would kill me.

Just because a female has developed physically and is fertile, I don't think this qualifies her as being a woman. She must also be developed mentally and to a degree emotionally. Sexuality, at it's core is a means for reproduction, and most 15-19 year old females (great racks or not) do not have the mental or emotional capacity to make those types of judgements/decisions especially when interacting with an older male.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-10 15:52:06
Link | Citer | R

Physically, the brain doesn't stop developing until about age 30, either. People have different levels of tolerance to this, age and maturity isn't about a hard number, it just trends that way. There is no finish line either. I've met 25 year olds that were more "adult" than some women I know in their 40s.
Actually, pretty much everything is finished by age 25. This does explain why some people look radically different at age 18 than they do at 25, up to and including possible changes in height and even slight modification of skeletal structure. But, yeah, brain is done building its network by 25.

Maturity is a different problem, yes, but a lot of that is cultural. In some cultures, in order for someone to prove he or she is mature, they need to bang anything on legs. In other cultures, you're expected to glue your genitals closed until you get married and failing to do so marks you as immature (which is kinda ironic: you're being called a child for doing something only "adults" should do). But, yes, I've met people who, at age 16, can probably run their finances better than the majority of 50-year-olds I've met and others who can meet other measures of maturity.

Doesn't change the fact that adulthood was traditionally, to be crude, once you start growing hair. But, of course, that was also when "old age" meant living into your 40s unless you were one of the rich or lucky few. The notion that 18 is the age of majority is actually quite new (until the Vietnam War, you had to be 21 to be able to vote -- that's just a few years before most of us were likely born). However, with a much easier lifestyle, we have extended childhood and adolescence, so for all the outliers there are, on the whole it is probably better to think of people under 25 as still children -- or adolescents, if you feel it's too demeaning to compare a 21-year-old to a 9-year-old.

Funny thing, the issue of maturity would also be at the heart of figuring out what to do with the kid in the original post. We'll never get the full story, but something had to be going on that led to certain emotional stunting. I was bullied like crazy in school and the worst I ever did was throw a punch once.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 15:54:19
Link | Citer | R

You may not care what I think about you, but you do care what everyone thinks about you.

That is why I said "us" and not "me"
not really
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-10 15:54:47
Link | Citer | R

Did you really just try and make me a supporter of diddling little kids?
I didn't try and do anything. Using a situation where we are differentiating between adult and child to attempt (and fail) to use that to make support your own arguments is low. From that I deducted that you care more about pretecting "traditional" marriage than keeping adults out of the kiddy jar. That's how it seems to me when you'd stoop to that to try and make a point. I then asked you a question.
Serveur: Ultros
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2014-04-10 15:55:56
Link | Citer | R

Euclids Cfinder said: »
This is the conclusion you come to as a guy talks about his desire for the little kiddies?

No, this is the conclusion I come to seeing you so vehemently opposed to something in every aspect. I already know Jeta is a nutty but it doesn't bother me nor anyone else nearly as much as it does you, so I'm figuring there's a personal grudge against it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-10 15:55:59
Link | Citer | R

That is indeed where the problem lies.
The problem lies with people like you in that we need laws like this at all in the first place.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-10 15:57:03
Link | Citer | R

Actually, pretty much everything is finished by age 25. This does explain why some people look radically different at age 18 than they do at 25, up to and including possible changes in height and even slight modification of skeletal structure. But, yeah, brain is done building its network by 25.

Maturity is a different problem, yes, but a lot of that is cultural. In some cultures, in order for someone to prove he or she is mature, they need to bang anything on legs. In other cultures, you're expected to glue your genitals closed until you get married and failing to do so marks you as immature (which is kinda ironic: you're being called a child for doing something only "adults" should do). But, yes, I've met people who, at age 16, can probably run their finances better than the majority of 50-year-olds I've met and others who can meet other measures of maturity.

Doesn't change the fact that adulthood was traditionally, to be crude, once you start growing hair. But, of course, that was also when "old age" meant living into your 40s unless you were one of the rich or lucky few. The notion that 18 is the age of majority is actually quite new (until the Vietnam War, you had to be 21 to be able to vote -- that's just a few years before most of us were likely born). However, with a much easier lifestyle, we have extended childhood and adolescence, so for all the outliers there are, on the whole it is probably better to think of people under 25 as still children -- or adolescents, if you feel it's too demeaning to compare a 21-year-old to a 9-year-old.

Funny thing, the issue of maturity would also be at the heart of figuring out what to do with the kid in the original post. We'll never get the full story, but something had to be going on that led to certain emotional stunting. I was bullied like crazy in school and the worst I ever did was throw a punch once.

Ah I could have sworn I read 30 somewhere. but after a quick search 25 seems to come up most often.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15