20 kids stabbed
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-10 14:31:49
Link | Citer | R

Tempers are flying, I feel its appropriate.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-10 14:33:12
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
I just see it used as a tool to ruin lives more than anything, outside of the spirit of it's creation.
So what's your limit then Jet? 14? 12? 10? Should we just let anyone sleep with children of any age because our current rules are just a tool to "ruin people's lives"? Should we allow that 30 y/o to have sex with that 15 y/o or that 12 y/o because clearly they're in love and to impede that would be ruining someone's life.

Most adults can't even handle adult relationships and you expect children to come out unscathed?

There are plenty of women out there your own age go find one.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-10 14:33:37
Link | Citer | R

Don't worry Nausi, both you and I will get blamed for the lock again.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 14:33:49
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
I just see it used as a tool to ruin lives more than anything, outside of the spirit of it's creation.
So what's your limit then Jet? 14? 12? 10? Should we just let anyone sleep with children of any age because our current rules are just a tool to "ruin people's lives"? Should we allow that 30 y/o to have sex with that 15 y/o or that 12 y/o because clearly they're in love and to impede that would be ruining someone's life.

Most adults can't even handle adult relationships and you expect children to come out unscathed?

There are plenty of women out there your own age go find one.
I'm not going to respond to your trolling/bigoted *** anymore, blocked.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-10 14:35:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Don't worry Nausi, both you and I will get blamed for the lock again.

Damn "neo-cons"!
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-04-10 14:37:07
Link | Citer | R

At this point, I don't think I could reasonably blame nausi or kn for this thread being locked.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-10 14:38:51
Link | Citer | R

I appreciate that Bloodrose!
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-10 14:40:13
Link | Citer | R

It's not an insult, it's the truth.

They don't... that's why we differentiate between adult and child.

The kid who stabbed these people? He's still a child. One that obviously needs some help.
So glad your world is so black and white.

I'm not a predator, and you can seriously go *** yourself by asserting as much.

My point was either we need to treat people by a case by case basis on whether or not they're a child, on everything not just when they get in trouble, or we need to stick to the mildly arbitrary number.

not have it as both.
And you can seriously go *** yourself wanting to bang little kids and trying to justify it. Talking about how you have a more open mind towards pedophiles so you can further your own goal also sickens me.

Coming from you, talking about how the world is so black and white, is a joke among jokes considering you go around telling people how things are and calling them idiots for asserting any differing opinion...

You try to protect kids... you try to put them on the right path before our system completely and utter gives up on everyone and adopts the vengeance option (as Ono brought up) and throws out any sort of rehabilitation. This kid obviously needs help. We can lock him away in a hospital and at least put forth some semblance of an effort to help him so when he does eventually get out he's not even worse off than he was before.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-10 14:40:37
Link | Citer | R

I think Flav is just having a bad day. Did I miss a post where Jet openly admitted to diddling little underage girls?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 14:44:09
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
I think Flav is just having a bad day. Did I miss a post where Jet openly admitted to diddling little underage girls?

Liking underage: yes, diddling or little: no.

There's a severe difference between a mature youth and a prepubescent child.

He's just being a hateful bigot who has nothing better to do than flame me, he's in the blocked section, the one and only, and it's where he belongs.

edit: and yes, refusing to see the difference between a pedophile and a ephebophile when it's been pointed out to you, is bigotry.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-10 14:49:06
Link | Citer | R

That's a first lol... I'm a bigot for holding contempt for a guy that wants to diddle little kids.
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-04-10 14:57:24
Link | Citer | R

refusing to see the difference between a pedophile and a ephebophile

I normally hate agreeing with Flav in any way whatsoever... but taking a look at the terminology I can see that yes, these are different words because the age groups they are associated with are different.

However I can also see the similarities between these terms, similarities like the legal implications of each, the fact that both age groups are consisting of minors, and the uneasy feeling that one gets even just reading a wikipedia article about them.

I don't think either one of these is something that a grown man should admit to, unless you want to end up having to notify your neighbors every time you move to a new neighborhood.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-10 14:59:26
Link | Citer | R

I don't see how "liking" children can lead to being a predator...

Because if that's the case, then what am I going to say to my niece and nephew?

"I'm sorry kids, but even though I love you with all of my heart, because some guy online thinks that 'liking' children is being predatory, I can't see you until you are over 18."

Yeah, that won't go well....
By Grumpy Cat 2014-04-10 15:01:44
Link | Citer | R

The term used seems to be a little more thank "liking".

"Ephebophilia is the primary or exclusive adult sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19."
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-10 15:04:47
Link | Citer | R

I don't like kids at all, so I guess I am safe, woohoo!
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-10 15:06:58
Link | Citer | R

I'd get involved in the topic as the facts therein do contain some interesting discussion, but it's grossly inappropriate for this thread, really.

That said, I'm about 15 miles east of where this happened and it's someplace I very well could end up living myself and it's the second time such an occurence has happened relatively close to me and it's at least unnerving, though luckily that's all it is to me; I'm not unfortunate enough to be personally involved. Suffice to say I wish both victims and perpetrator the peace they clearly need.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-10 15:07:11
Link | Citer | R

"I'm sorry kids, but even though I love you with all of my heart, because some guy online thinks that 'liking' children is being predatory, I can't see you until you are over 18."

Dunno if you're being obtuse or contrary, but what is being discussed is sexual attraction, not platonic/familial love.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 15:08:48
Link | Citer | R

Grumpy Cat said: »
refusing to see the difference between a pedophile and a ephebophile

I normally hate agreeing with Flav in any way whatsoever... but taking a look at the terminology I can see that yes, these are different words because the age groups they are associated with are different.

However I can also see the similarities between these terms, similarities like the legal implications of each, the fact that both age groups are consisting of minors, and the uneasy feeling that one gets even just reading a wikipedia article about them.

I don't think either one of these is something that a grown man should admit to, unless you want to end up having to notify your neighbors every time you move to a new neighborhood.
There's a large difference between the two, and in some places having consentual sex with persons 16+ is legal, not to mention the range also extends to 19, well into legal territory.

Why shouldn't I talk about what I'm attracted to? It's not like I'm saying I'm out here getting tail from 16 or 17 year olds.

"Ephebophilia is the primary or exclusive adult sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19."

What I find mind boggling is that not even 100 years ago, people were getting married even before this age range, and then having children, then certain bigoted individuals want to sit around and call me a monster for recognizing and admitting that I have an attraction to young women, which is honestly a natural thing, just too many people are too scared to admit it.

edit: while granted, I realize and recognize that for a long period of history marriage was a fiscal and power thing, but that's a whole 'nother discussion.
By fonewear 2014-04-10 15:11:02
Link | Citer | R

Tempers are flying, I feel its appropriate.

Can't lock till Hitler reference. Now you can lock.

I'm attracted to medium women. Not too hot not too cold.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-10 15:16:29
Link | Citer | R

If you like your neice and nephew the way Jet likes kids that age then yeah someone should alert your brother/sister and keep you away from them.
By fonewear 2014-04-10 15:17:46
Link | Citer | R

Have a seat please.

Also she looked 18 online I tells ya.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-10 15:20:08
Link | Citer | R

Why do people try to justify their actions by saying "oh well a centruy ago.." Jet you ridicule Nausi and others for doing the same thing with gay marriage and then use it to try and justify your own arguments...

100 years ago segregation was still in place... is that still ok now?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-10 15:28:04
Link | Citer | R

Why do people try to justify their actions by saying "oh well a centruy ago.." Jet you ridicule Nausi and others for doing the same thing with gay marriage and then use it to try and justify your own arguments...

100 years ago segregation was still in place... is that still ok now?

Not for nothing, but you're kinda holding onto a pretty traditional definition of "adult" aren't you? I mean times change, words are flexible, aren't they? I mean that's everyone's argument for "marriage" isn't it?
By Grumpy Cat 2014-04-10 15:28:36
Link | Citer | R

There's a large difference between the two, and in some places having consentual sex with persons 16+ is legal, not to mention the range also extends to 19, well into legal territory.

Why shouldn't I talk about what I'm attracted to? It's not like I'm saying I'm out here getting tail from 16 or 17 year olds.

Yeah 19 is the high-end of the spectrum based on the definition of that term. That doesn't exclude the 15-17 year olds as it would if you were saying "I am attracted to girls ages 18-20".

If you want my personal reasoning as to why you shouldn't admit to what you are attracted to (specifically using this terminology) it is simply this:

I find it safe enough to assume that if you are attracted to "x" then you fap to "x". I also tend to assume that people who fap to "x" are more inclined to use/have reference material related to "x".

When that material involves or even potentially involves illegal content then my advice is to not admit to being attracted to "x" simply because of the ethical and legal implications.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 15:30:44
Link | Citer | R

Yeah 19 is the high-end of the spectrum based on the definition of that term. That doesn't exclude the 15-17 year olds as it would if you were saying "I am attracted to girls ages 18-20".

If you want my personal reasoning as to why you shouldn't admit to what you are attracted to (specifically using this terminology) it is simply this:

I find it safe enough to assume that if you are attracted to "x" then you fap to "x". I also tend to assume that people who fap to "x" are more inclined to use/have reference material related to "x".

When that material involves or even potentially involves illegal content then my advice is to not admit to being attracted to "x" simply because of the ethical and legal implications.

You're making some rather harsh judgements, but there's still plenty of legal "fap" material even for "x."

I don't care about the supposed "ethics" as at best they're inconsistent.

Not to mention the fact that one can be attracted to a group and choice to do nothing about it, that's part of being a supposed adult no? to control yourself?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-10 15:31:44
Link | Citer | R

well, that changes everything.

Don't want to backread, but did Jet admit of being an Ephebophilia...whatever?
By Grumpy Cat 2014-04-10 15:33:18
Link | Citer | R

It might be harsh but it isn't really a longshot. I don't think many people would have to try hard to make a connection between

"I am sexually attracted to 15-19 year olds and use the internet a lot"

and

"eww"
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 15:33:28
Link | Citer | R

well, that changes everything.

Don't want to backread, but did Jet admit of being an Ephebophiliac...whatever?
yes, yes I did, and have before.
It changes nothing.
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-10 15:33:34
Link | Citer | R

Not for nothing, but you're kinda holding onto a pretty traditional definition of "adult" aren't you? I mean times change, words are flexible, aren't they? I mean that's everyone's argument for "marriage" isn't it?
Couldn't resist, huh?

Traditionally, people are considered adults when they're able to go out and work (and possibly even support themselves). Not coincidentally, this was traditionally within a year or two of puberty. Compare with coming-of-age ceremonies like the bar/bat mitzvah.

Nowadays, though, adolescence is not just culturally extended into the 20s, but there's evidence that it's physically lasting that long, too. If you're creeped out by someone in his/her 50s chatting up the barely-21-year-old in a bar, you have good reason. For most intents and purposes, they're still a kid.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 15:34:22
Link | Citer | R

It might be harsh but it isn't really a longshot. I don't think many people would have to try hard to make a connection between

"I am sexually attracted to 15-19 year olds and use the internet a lot"

and

"eww"
There's plenty of legal material sir.

I mean hell, your very own Yoko in the first part of the series is what, 16?
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15