First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-05 18:25:53
Link | Citer | R

I suppose we'll start very basically, then.

You know what it feels like to have someone whose never interacted with you call you ***? Explain to me how that feels in terms with your coming to terms with your sexuality, and then we'll move on to a bigger one.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-08-05 18:26:29
Link | Citer | R

I'm not using any tactics, if that's what you're implying. I'm not here to derail your statements or accuse you of anything. But as a human being, you have to understand that getting all worked up is not helping your situation. When has aggression ever actually accomplished anything? It only escalates things. Are you telling me that you can't get your point across without whipping around hate-filled statements? Are you really that far away from offering the same amount of respect you want? And don't worry about those that are here to push your buttons. These are the types of people that want you mad. And right now, they're winning.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-05 18:26:31
Link | Citer | R

This thread needs a welcome banner saying "Please check your privilege at the door."
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-08-05 18:27:05
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »

You know what it feels like to have someone whose never interacted with you call you ***? Explain to me how that feels in terms with your coming to terms with your sexuality, and then we'll move on to a bigger one.
I have! Cuz I have a giant ***.

I really do. :< Someone one day assumed I was gay because my butt is larger than normal.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-08-05 18:27:39
Link | Citer | R

In that case it also needs a sign saying "Soap boxes are over there, please help yourself."
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-05 18:27:47
Link | Citer | R

Alright, now explain how that made you feel with respect to coming to terms with your sexuality.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-08-05 18:27:48
Link | Citer | R

I don't care to. You have to understand that this involves discussion of me not being treated like a human being. I honestly don't care if I hurt your feelings or step on toes. Not one bit.

This. This is why you are not a good representative for the gay society, you act this way then if somebody says something you don't like you accuse them of discrimination against your sexuality and cry oh he's only saying that because I'm gay.

Perhaps if you were not hostile by default against those who are not members of the LGBT community you would feel more accepted.

It's nothing to do with your sexuality, it's to do with your attitude towards the issue.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-08-05 18:28:01
Link | Citer | R

Do you really want to play this game?

Because I will win, just telling you here and now.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-08-05 18:28:26
Link | Citer | R

Alright, now explain how that made you feel with respect to coming to terms with your sexuality.
Bad cuz I was pretty sure I was straight. :< But he wouldn't believe me.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-05 18:28:37
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said: »
I don't care to. You have to understand that this involves discussion of me not being treated like a human being. I honestly don't care if I hurt your feelings or step on toes. Not one bit.

This. This is why you are not a good representative for the gay society, you act this way then if somebody says something you don't like you accuse them of discrimination against your sexuality and cry oh he's only saying that because I'm gay.

Perhaps if you were not hostile by default against those who are not members of the LGBT community you would feel more accepted.

It's nothing to do with your sexuality, it's to do with your attitude towards the issue.

I have never claimed to be a representative of the LGBTQ community.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-05 18:29:36
Link | Citer | R

Straight person does something you don't like.

"Ugh that person is so annoying."

Gay person does something you don't like.

"Ugh gay people are so annoying."

But you should probably tack on that you don't think it had to with sexuality anyways, to show that you are open-minded and actually very progressive.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-08-05 18:29:48
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said: »

I expressed my opinion that I believe you to be a representative because you are one of the few people willing to speak out so passionately for it. My apologies if you didn't want to be portrayed as such.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-08-05 18:29:51
Link | Citer | R

The hell did I just walk into?
[+]
 Fenrir.Toogood
user: toogood
By Fenrir.Toogood 2012-08-05 18:30:38
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
Bad cuz I was pretty sure I was straight. :< But he wouldn't believe me.

Tease. Can we add picture of said butt..
By Artemicion 2012-08-05 18:30:43
Link | Citer | R

I hate having to give this disclaimer every time but:
Pardon my ignorance, if I may ask, what does the added "Q" stand for in the given acronym? I'm assuming it means ***, which is a bit odd, because by definition it simply means, strange, odd or questionable from a conventional viewpoint.
 Bismarck.Faelar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-08-05 18:30:45
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »

A thread that's going to be locked if things dont settle down.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-05 18:31:04
Link | Citer | R

Since you're LGBTQ, you speak for all LGBTQ people. Just like every straight person speaks for all straight people.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-08-05 18:31:11
Link | Citer | R

Jinjo's trying to prove that straight people literally cannot have any sense of emotional understanding or empathy for the plight that gay people undergo, and others insist that if you aren't straight you can't comment because you're 'privileged', whatever the *** that means.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-08-05 18:31:56
Link | Citer | R

Straight person does something you don't like.

"Ugh that person is so annoying."

Gay person does something you don't like.

"Ugh gay people are so annoying."
Call out straight person for that behavior, no one cares. Call out gay person for said behavior, somehow it's discrimination.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-05 18:32:16
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said: »
I hate having to give this disclaimer every time but:
Pardon my ignorance, if I may ask, what does the added "Q" stand for in the given acronym? I'm assuming it means ***, which is a bit odd, because by definition it simply means, strange, odd or questionable from a conventional viewpoint.

It is ***, which is a slur that was used against gender or sexually non-conforming individuals which has been reclaimed.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Havster
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2012-08-05 18:33:14
Link | Citer | R

I dont think im portraying just how much of a non issue being gay is in the UK, or at least where I live.

Peeps with anger and arguments really should take a holiday over here, I think youll love it and hopefully my point that I dont think about sexual preference at all when it comes to meeting people/friends will make sense.

Late here now so im going to exit stage left, GL all.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-05 18:33:20
Link | Citer | R

If oppression were easy to understand, then people would stop doing it.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-08-05 18:33:31
Link | Citer | R

Can somebody just clear something up for me here because it's starting to get a little hazy...

I was under the impression that everybody should be treated equally and that the LGBT community quite rightly want to be treated like everyone else yet I'm seeing statements saying that it's important for gay people to be distinguished as different from everyone else and that treating everyone the same is bigotry?

What?
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-08-05 18:33:38
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
I don't think it's quite that simple.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-05 18:33:54
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »

Jinjo's trying to prove that straight people literally cannot have any sense of emotional understanding or empathy for the plight that gay people undergo, and others insist that if you aren't straight you can't comment because you're 'privileged', whatever the *** that means.

You can try to empathize if you want, but you will never actually know what it's like. I feel as though that's really basic.
By Artemicion 2012-08-05 18:33:54
Link | Citer | R

Since you're LGBTQ, you speak for all LGBTQ people. Just like every straight person speaks for all straight people.

Perhaps with this post you can look back in retrospect on my "don't make a big deal of it" concept I made earlier. Many of us quite simply think people are people. We'll continue to support the community that are infringed upon until hatred and bigotry are isolated to individual jerks, and policy is enforced to give equal rights, but until then; why empower those bigoted jerks and alienate those that are ignorant, but perhaps have a will to learn and understand?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-08-05 18:34:12
Link | Citer | R

You can't honestly be that naive. You're implying that people are oppressive simply because they don't understand.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-05 18:35:02
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
I don't think it's quite that simple.

Assuming that someone of a marginalized class is speaking for all members of that class just because they're willing to open their mouths and speak is oppression.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-08-05 18:35:24
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »

You can try to empathize if you want, but you will never actually know what it's like. I feel as though that's really basic.

Lol.

You know what?

You keep telling yourself you're the only victim of anything on this planet. The rest of us will be with the humans that can see beyond just themselves.

If you ever want to realize that the universe doesn't revolve around you, cupcake, feel free to join us.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12