First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-05 19:11:57
Link | Citer | R

Feel free to point out to me where I said that, then. My only argument was that you are unable to fully know what it's like to be oppressed as LGBTQ if you are not LGBTQ. I've never suggested that it means anything.

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
It's not a bad thing or shortcoming that you aren't able to, it just is.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-08-05 19:12:07
Link | Citer | R

What I have said is that if a LGBTQ individual is going to tell you about their experience as an LGBTQ individual, you should, if interested, listen.

Yes but instead of telling us anything you have already stated several times that none of us understand because we are not gay and continue to use your sexuality to shield you from having to explain your arguments.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-05 19:13:10
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
ITT we backpedal and rewrite history.

You can't rewrite history, particularly when you live in a country that fails/refuses to recognize the history of your community to begin with.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-08-05 19:13:24
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

You can't rewrite history, particularly when you live in a country that fails/refuses to recognize the history of your community to begin with.
Talking about in the topic.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-05 19:13:44
Link | Citer | R

Sure you can, have you ever read a history textbook? Guaranteed it's not what happened. :P
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-05 19:14:32
Link | Citer | R

*** this thread, here's a song:

http://soundcloud.com/nickraymondg/fun-some-nights-jakob-liedholm
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-05 19:14:58
Link | Citer | R

Sure you can, have you ever read a history textbook? Guaranteed it's not what happened. :P

I <3 my HS history teacher for using this instead of the standard curriculum! A bit off topic lol
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-08-05 19:15:34
Link | Citer | R

Nuuu Swedish music

Edit: Nvm was just a mix >_>
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-08-05 19:17:42
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Ramuh.Sagittario said: »
Ramuh.Laffter said: »
I understood that. There is always a chance an impressionable person (in this case, me learning from you, specifically, about the numerous rights the LGBT community is trying to secure) would believe it.

If you want an impression of the LGBT community. Don't judge them by individuals online. Make genuine real-life friendships. There is often a lot of misinterpretation online.

These forums, especially, often develop into hostile pissing contests. Much has to do with different age groups, education, upbringings, etc...

There are all different types of LGBT- just like there are all different types of straight people.

EXACTLY! This is what puzzles me the most, I have plenty of gay friends and I treat them no differently from anyone else, which is exactly what the gay community are campaigning for in the first place; to be treated equally as everyone else.

I see Min and Sylow telling us that their arguments do not represent the LGBT community, yet the arguments that they don't like from non LGBT members somehow represent the entire population.

I see posts from them telling me I should sympathise and treat them as victims, recognise them as being different and that I should recognise my gay friends as being different.
You implied that asking not be discriminated against in the workplace for being gay was special treatment. Don't feign confusion over why people somehow took that the wrong way.

Absolutely not, I have no idea where you got that from, I never mentioned anywhere that people should have to ask not to be discriminated against in the workplace, I highlighted the hypocrisy in the situation by highlighting the way that a LGBT member is all too willing to use their status as a claim of discrimination against an employer. It's not an opinion, it's not made up, these are real life cases that happen and are often in the mainstream media.

If you can highlight where in my OP I stated that not asking to be discriminated against was special treatment, please show me.

It's interesting to observe the level of equality and the level of animosity towards gay rights in different countries. Over here in the UK an employer would not dare fire a gay employee over a minor offense or make them redundant because they could find themselves taken to court accused of discrimination, unless of course it was an out right breach of contract. A non gay employee however could not use their sexuality to make such a claim, it's this kind of thing that contributes largely to the animosity that gay people feel from society because gay members of society want to be treated as equal, yet these kind of cases allow them to be granted special treatment over others, in turn making it look like they are more deserved or entitled than others.
 Cerberus.Eugene
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-08-05 19:18:02
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Nuuu Swedish music
kpop any better?

[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-05 19:19:53
Link | Citer | R

http://soundcloud.com/alessiosilvestro/david-guetta-feat-sia-titanium
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-05 19:20:47
Link | Citer | R

Boys will be boys!
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-05 19:21:49
Link | Citer | R

Seriously I'm DJing a party tonight and
They didn't tell me, so I'm having to build a setlist from scratch since I'm on my new computer with no music.

Suggestions?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-08-05 19:22:02
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-08-05 19:22:16
Link | Citer | R

Misread it then. Sorry-oes
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-05 19:23:45
Link | Citer | R

Sabrina, the Teenage Witch was a really cool TV show.

That's RuPaul, for reference.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-05 19:25:57
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Seriously I'm DJing a party tonight and
They didn't tell me, so I'm having to build a setlist from scratch since I'm on my new computer with no music.

Suggestions?

Birthday Cake. Three different versions.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-08-05 19:26:09
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
too bad snoop lion will never get around to doing anything like this..
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-05 19:26:16
Link | Citer | R

I'm making red velvet cake martinis.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-08-05 19:27:34
Link | Citer | R

I guess now the lol card is being played I should find an amusing picture.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-08-05 19:29:28
Link | Citer | R

Well part of the issue of what you brought up is that the term "protected group" (used by many Western countries, aka "protected class") arbitrarily covers certain groups...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protected_group

...and sexual identity isn't always a status to be protected in terms of discrimination (for housing/employment/etc.)
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-08-05 19:29:53
Link | Citer | R

lol card? argument got boring.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-08-05 19:31:32
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Schutz said: »

Well part of the issue of what you brought up is that the term "protected group" (used by many Western countries) arbitrarily covers certain groups...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protected_group

...and sexual identity isn't always a status to be protected in terms of discrimination (for housing/employment/etc.)

Yeh, I can see the misunderstanding, it was more an example of the leverage that comes with said groups.
 Cerberus.Sevvy
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-08-05 19:35:22
Link | Citer | R

Why must all gay threads turn into arguments? A Simple question was asked and evolved into this...
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-05 19:35:59
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
meh overally pretty unimpressive and too 8-bit,unless that was the goal. But the bandwidth lowering for the middle 2 syllables of each "titanium" was appreciated lol

Music, varied tastes etc., etc. but I really enjoy a lot of their stuff. I don't care to be critical of technicalities when it comes to that kind of stuff, though. If it sounds/feels good to me, I listen.
 Bismarck.Faelar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-08-05 20:59:53
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »

dafuq did I just watch
By Jetackuu 2012-08-05 21:23:36
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Eugene said: »
too bad snoop lion will never get around to doing anything like this..

reggae sucks is why...
 Shiva.Manini
Serveur: Shiva
user: Manini
By Shiva.Manini 2012-08-05 22:12:19
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
You'll have to forgive us American gays for being less friendly and obedient.

Most of us can still lose our jobs if our employers decide they don't like that we're gay.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

It's interesting to observe the level of equality and the level of animosity towards gay rights in different countries. Over here in the UK an employer would not dare fire a gay employee over a minor offense or make them redundant because they could find themselves taken to court accused of discrimination, unless of course it was an out right breach of contract. A non gay employee however could not use their sexuality to make such a claim, it's this kind of thing that contributes largely to the animosity that gay people feel from society because gay members of society want to be treated as equal, yet these kind of cases allow them to be granted special treatment over others, in turn making it look like they are more deserved or entitled than others.

Employers also have quotas to fill so we have to employ someone from this pool that is gay, even if they may be less qualified for a role. This is the same for other minorities, it's positive discrimination and one may argue it is a good thing but is it treating gay people equally? Personally I'd like to be chosen for my merits alone and not have a decision partly based on my sexuality like it is some sort of trick I can use. And honestly I don't feel why I should disclose it or why so many forms/applications ask for your sexuality ethnicity etc. If anything it puts me off because I fear some sort of discrimination be it positive or negative.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12