Asura.Xeth
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: xeth
By Asura.Xeth 2012-05-26 19:40:30
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Sylph.Decimus said: »
Now we're 4 pages removed from any decent set being posted so this can start all over again.

I'm currently using this, any pointers? I get pretty consistent damage, so I think it's pretty good.

I sub /DRG because I don't like the inconsistency of double attack.

Looks like the perfect set to be consistently inconsistent every time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rumaha
By Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha 2012-05-26 19:45:23
Link | Citer | R

10/10 For the light satchet
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-26 20:07:49
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Short arms said: »

If I really wanted to win the windbuffet argument I would have brought up conserve TP long ago. I dont really care anymore though, so whatever.

ftfy

That might be the iffy leg you need to stand on and would terribly hard for someone to argue any math you provided.
Not really. I haven't followed the discussion, but since it's SAM I'll assume the builds in question are a 5-hit. Conserve TP will thus net you a certain average TP return that goes straight into overflow and thus weaponskill damage, so you can solve for the net impact on per-WS damage quite easily. I've actually done so previously. Either way, his argument was so specious that it's not really worth examining. Even if his conclusion was correct (which, as noted, it's not), it would be for reasons entirely different than those he's trying to employ.
By Solrain 2012-05-26 20:07:57
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Sylph.Decimus said: »
Now we're 4 pages removed from any decent set being posted so this can start all over again.

I'm currently using this, any pointers? I get pretty consistent damage, so I think it's pretty good.

I sub /DRG because I don't like the inconsistency of double attack.

That's the best build for skilling up parrying against Singaporean Light Elementals that I've ever seen.
 Shiva.Brunwulf
Serveur: Shiva
user: Brunwulf
By Shiva.Brunwulf 2012-05-26 20:45:58
Link | Citer | R

Ok, this is what I have and working on the WotG missions to get TP bonus/att earring in place of bushi. Would a second pyrosoul be better than rajas? I'm assuming so.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-26 20:48:37
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha said: »
10/10 For the light satchet

One of the characters in Shoha means "illumination" so I figured it would be good cuz lore.
[+]
By Narb 2012-05-26 20:50:59
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Brunwulf said: »

Ok, this is what I have and working on the WotG missions to get TP bonus/att earring in place of bushi. Would a second pyrosoul be better than rajas? I'm assuming so.
Real ballers use Strigoi.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-05-26 20:51:49
Link | Citer | R

Only really if you keep your x-hit without it.
 Shiva.Brunwulf
By Shiva.Brunwulf 2012-05-26 20:56:18
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Laffter said: »

Only really if you keep your x-hit without it.

Cool, thanks.
 Asura.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Asura.Kenrusai 2012-05-26 21:06:21
Link | Citer | R

If I recall correctly, Mekira-Oto+1 beats drachen in any situation for Tachi:Shoha, I may be wrong though. I think theres situtions wheres it's topdog for Tachi:Kaiten/Fudo, though
 Shiva.Brunwulf
By Shiva.Brunwulf 2012-05-26 21:09:20
Link | Citer | R

Narb said: »

Real ballers use Strigoi.

I always forget about that. Tomorrow's got something on the agenda afterall, thank you.
 Shiva.Brunwulf
By Shiva.Brunwulf 2012-05-26 21:11:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kenrusai said: »
If I recall correctly, Mekira-Oto+1 beats drachen in any situation for Tachi:Shoha, I may be wrong though. I think theres situtions wheres it's topdog for Tachi:Kaiten/Fudo, though

Yeah it's on my shopping list but for now all my gil is tied up in Mandau. Soon I'll buy it when my moneys gets back up
 Shiva.Keyera
user: Keyera
By Shiva.Keyera 2012-05-26 21:31:16
Link | Citer | R

mekira+1 should have an easy win in the days where the elemental bonus comes into play.

Does the drachen % come from base attack only? is a question i've been asking myself when considering the bonus. If so, you'd need 620ISH base attack for drachen to pull ahead of mekira.

edit: so I guess i'm asking a question about Drachen's % bonus on attack...lol
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-26 21:57:09
Link | Citer | R

620 attack isn't all that hard to come by actually Key, especially if you have phorcys korazin lol.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-26 22:00:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kenrusai said: »

Yeah it's on my shopping list but for now all my gil is tied up in Mandau. Soon I'll buy it when my moneys gets back up

: |
 Shiva.Keyera
By Shiva.Keyera 2012-05-26 22:02:49
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »
620 attack isn't all that hard to come by actually Key, especially if you have phorcys korazin lol.

I realize now that what i said was actually pretty silly...but the question still stands. Which attack value does the % bonus go off of? Because 620 base attack is actually pretty far off with no buffs or gear. (Hume SAM with Masa90 = 547 attack with nothing but Masa equipped)

i like to edit my posts: 620 is laughably easy to come by with gear alone. hell my town gear has more than that.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-26 22:04:20
Link | Citer | R

As far as I know, all % gains are from base.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-26 22:25:23
Link | Citer | R

the % bonus comes off of your att, but its after STR is factored in to add to your att. there is a link on the "random ffxi related questions" thread about that very topic. I had asked about the % on the korazin, and galbir linked me to the BG math. There were multiple tests done on when the % boost is applied from the body (so i'm guessing the drachenhorn is the same)
 Shiva.Keyera
By Shiva.Keyera 2012-05-26 22:26:17
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »
the % bonus comes off of your att, but its after STR is factored in to add to your att. there is a link on the "random ffxi related questions" thread about that very topic. I had asked about the % on the korazin, and galibir linked me to the BG math. There were multiple tests done on when the % boost is applied from the body (so i'm guessing the drachenhorn is the same)
Ramuh.Austar said: »
As far as I know, all % gains are from base.

thanks for the answers, i'll look into that thread.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-26 22:40:14
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Galbir said: »
Ok, fine unlinking.

my bad mate :P slipped an i in there :P
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-26 22:42:28
Link | Citer | R

There's no I in team.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rumaha
By Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha 2012-05-26 22:44:44
Link | Citer | R

But there is "me".

There is also an "I" in win.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-26 22:46:36
Link | Citer | R

Meat!
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-26 22:46:48
Link | Citer | R

There's meat in team!
[+]
 Asura.Hotin
user: HotinTJ
By Asura.Hotin 2012-05-27 01:42:04
Link | Citer | R

Gears stats seems to be counted for +%attack but you need more than just 620 attack for drachen to beat mekira +1 cause it has 4 more str which gives 3 attack. Mekira +1 is probably the head to use for shoha knowing its STR mod and attack bonus.
 Bismarck.Hove
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Hove201
By Bismarck.Hove 2012-05-27 12:29:18
Link | Citer | R

Kin37ix said: »
Windbuffet isn't consistent. It does jack ***for 97/100 weaponskills.

but it does OMFG DMG 3%... isn't that reason enough to use it? I don't get why you rather not Proc trip/quad attack at all than proc it 3% of the time.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 38 39 40