Cute
 Bismarck.Shaidolas
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: lephino
By Bismarck.Shaidolas 2013-02-07 13:33:39
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Attack belt will be useless 95% of the time because you'll be capped on attack most likely because it has an innate attack bonus. Consistency is also a dumb thing to gear for, since those "spikes" factor into your average. Windbuffet and Ele. Belt are the only belts you need for Shoha.

How shocked so many people are getting volatile over a statement that a windbuffet belt will produce spikes and will not have a higher avg over a str/atk belt. I will agree, I'd personally use a Ele belt in it's place, and it's my fault for reading "str build" as a str belt item. But here's the math for you kids that say windbuffet is your only option:

Binomial Distribution says hi.

Lets say you're looking for 1 quad attack on either of the 2 hits of shoha, that gives you a 1.98% chance of a quad attack, and 3.92% chance of a triple attack. For those who don't know what binomial distributions are, it's the probability of something happening in a set number of trials given a probability. So your wind buffet belt will have a probability of upping your damage by a huge amount, only a very small amount of the time. Where picking something like a ele / atk / str option, what ever you have available, will give you a bonus 100% of the time and will indeed give you a more consistent average ws damage.

I'm not going to sit here and say that the windbuffet won't produce higher numbers on ws, as when it procs of course it will.
 Asura.Lokimaru
Serveur: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-02-07 13:34:55
Link | Citer | R

Spiking produces a higher max number, thereby producing a higher average...
 Bismarck.Shaidolas
user: lephino
By Bismarck.Shaidolas 2013-02-07 13:39:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lokimaru said: »

But then you'd have to show how the 4% chance of a proc of a windbuffet produces a high enough damage difference to make up for every other ws in the series to increase the average over another item. In our ls we've parsed 3 sams over a 2 month period running nni and have found the windbuffet fell short to ele belts in the avg.

It doesn't proc enough to make it raise your avg.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-02-07 13:40:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Shaidolas said: »
Quote:
Attack belt will be useless 95% of the time because you'll be capped on attack most likely because it has an innate attack bonus. Consistency is also a dumb thing to gear for, since those "spikes" factor into your average. Windbuffet and Ele. Belt are the only belts you need for Shoha.

How shocked so many people are getting volatile over a statement that a windbuffet belt will produce spikes and will not have a higher avg over a str/atk belt. I will agree, I'd personally use a Ele belt in it's place, and it's my fault for reading "str build" as a str belt item. But here's the math for you kids that say windbuffet is your only option:

Binomial Distribution says hi.

Lets say you're looking for 1 quad attack on either of the 2 hits of shoha, that gives you a 1.98% chance of a quad attack, and 3.92% chance of a triple attack. For those who don't know what binomial distributions are, it's the probability of something happening in a set number of trials given a probability. So your wind buffet belt will have a probability of upping your damage by a huge amount, only a very small amount of the time. Where picking something like a ele / atk / str option, what ever you have available, will give you a bonus 100% of the time and will indeed give you a more consistent average ws damage.
Well your numbers are a little off, to start with. But you'll still average higher with a windbuffet than you will with any other belt as long as your accuracy is capped.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-07 13:42:40
Link | Citer | R

Its been calculated a dozen or more times in this thread. Even with the relatively low % of QA/TA it still produces a higher average as long as acc is capped, which it pretty much should be outside of legion and a handful of vw mobs.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-02-07 13:43:25
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Shaidolas said: »
Asura.Lokimaru said: »

But then you'd have to show how the 4% chance of a proc of a windbuffet produces a high enough damage difference to make up for every other ws in the series to increase the average over another item. In our ls we've parsed 3 sams over a 2 month period running nni and have found the windbuffet fell short to ele belts in the avg.

It doesn't proc enough to make it raise your avg.
That's easy since Shoha has no way to go past the 8 hit round. If we're comparing just the belts, windbuffet is going to be an average .1392 fTP boost while an ele belt is .09765625
 Caitsith.Kaolas
Serveur: Caitsith
user: KaoMST
By Caitsith.Kaolas 2013-02-12 23:54:45
Link | Citer | R

Can't find anything on changes to the merit weaponskills (shoha in this case obviously).

I quit around the time the weapon skills came out and I remember testing found that they were 100% stat mod WS, and also notice on bgwiki it is listed as 100% stat mod.

However on the semi-recent dev post in which they outline all of their upcoming changes, when they mention the merit ws, they state that the WS at max merit will be 85% stat mod and that it is the same exact as it currently is on live.

So unless I'm missing the not so obvious here, Tachi: shoha and other merit ws are 85% stat mod at 5/5 currently correct? I still keep reading people mention them as "100% X stat mod" and like I said above it is still listed as that on BG wiki, But the dev clearly states otherwise.

Just curious, Quote from the dev post:

"We are envisioning to make it so 1 merit point will yield a 65% status modifier, and each point afterwards will grant an addition 5% for a maximum of 85% (no changes to the max value)."
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-12 23:57:18
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Kaolas said: »
Can't find anything on changes to the merit weaponskills (shoha in this case obviously).

I quit around the time the weapon skills came out and I remember testing found that they were 100% stat mod WS, and also notice on bgwiki it is listed as 100% stat mod.

However on the semi-recent dev post in which they outline all of their upcoming changes, when they mention the merit ws, they state that the WS at max merit will be 85% stat mod and that it is the same exact as it currently is on live.

So unless I'm missing the not so obvious here, Tachi: shoha and other merit ws are 85% stat mod at 5/5 currently correct? I still keep reading people mention them as "100% X stat mod" and like I said above it is still listed as that on BG wiki, But the dev clearly states otherwise.

Just curious, Quote from the dev post:

"We are envisioning to make it so 1 merit point will yield a 65% status modifier, and each point afterwards will grant an addition 5% for a maximum of 85% (no changes to the max value)."

100% then accounting for the alpha value in the damage correction formula brings them to it's 85%.... This has been discussed a lot here as well. That's what it is. It is "100%", but the dev post is talking post formula corrections and stuff, to bring it to that 85%. There is no change at 5/5 from what it is now.
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2013-02-12 23:57:42
Link | Citer | R

It's 100%, dev's just consider WSC after alpha has been applied.

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/WSC

BG is right, stop acting like you know your ***.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-13 00:11:42
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Serj said: »

Was that directed at me? What was wrong about my post?
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2013-02-13 00:14:08
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »

Obviously not at you since you said exactly what I said lol. My post was seconds after yours.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-13 00:23:07
Link | Citer | R

oh ok, i was mad confused man lol
[+]
 Caitsith.Kaolas
Serveur: Caitsith
user: KaoMST
By Caitsith.Kaolas 2013-02-13 00:48:13
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »

Obviously not at you since you said exactly what I said lol. My post was seconds after yours.

If I was acting like I knew my ***i wouldn't be asking a question.

Stop acting like a ***.
 Fenrir.Demonmaniac
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Demonmaniac 2013-03-08 00:04:34
Link | Citer | R

Is Cheruski Needle > Thew?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-08 01:29:22
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Demonmaniac said: »
Is Cheruski Needle > Thew?

If attack is capped, yes
 Asura.Loneshadow
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Loneshadow 2013-03-12 12:05:28
Link | Citer | R

How does Shura head +1 with ATK+4 WSDmg+3% SCDmg+3% compared to NQ Mekira for Shoha on days that you don't get fTP bonus?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [168 days between previous and next post]
By itchi508 2013-08-27 09:24:35
Link | Citer | R

So i don't see much for updated Sam sets so curious of what is optimal now with skirmish sets changing the builds.

For this tp build would Otronif w/ (DA2%) or Miki feet be more beneficial?

ItemSet 311896

As for WS would Whirlpool greaves out perform otronif?
Also Miki legs or Otronif brais (DA2%)
ItemSet 311898

I do not have sam cape yet,

also a question with Unkai Haidate. Is there a option to ever use Otronif brais as tp? From what i know & read there is not, as the benefits Unkai upplies is to large. But with Ionis & cap Att/Acc in delve would the DA 2% on Otronif hold more value? Or is this completely stupid question?

Atm having debates with Att/Str Vs. DA. I know its situational so i am referring to a sam in Delve W/o Sam Roll. Also i know that sets will change between NM1-5 & Boss as you will bump up Acc for Boss such as Tp in whirlpool & prob WS in miki legs.

Since i asked quite a few question may be easier to just post sets that is optimal rather than picking apart my questions.

Sorry for the long post & thanks in advance for for input
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-08-27 09:31:02
Link | Citer | R

itchi508 said: »
So i don't see much for updated Sam sets so curious of what is optimal now with skirmish sets changing the builds.

For this tp build would Otronif w/ (DA2%) or Miki feet be more beneficial?

ItemSet 311896

As for WS would Whirlpool greaves out perform otronif?
Also Miki legs or Otronif brais (DA2%)
ItemSet 311898

I do not have sam cape yet,

also a question with Unkai Haidate. Is there a option to ever use Otronif brais as tp? From what i know & read there is not, as the benefits Unkai upplies is to large. But with Ionis & cap Att/Acc in delve would the DA 2% on Otronif hold more value? Or is this completely stupid question?

Atm having debates with Att/Str Vs. DA. I know its situational so i am referring to a sam in Delve W/o Sam Roll. Also i know that sets will change between NM1-5 & Boss as you will bump up Acc for Boss such as Tp in whirlpool & prob WS in miki legs.

Since i asked quite a few question may be easier to just post sets that is optimal rather than picking apart my questions.

Sorry for the long post & thanks in advance for for input

With 242 skill on your gk do you really need the 10 acc from the thza grip?
otherwise try polegrip.
the lesser you x-hit build is the more you gain from da
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-08-27 09:39:48
Link | Citer | R

MAX TP (Ionis Build)

ItemSet 222265

MAX Shoha

ItemSet 243182
 Phoenix.Seike
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Seike 2013-08-27 09:53:37
Link | Citer | R

just wondering do you need the DA 1~2% on each of those Otronif pieces to make them better, or do they just outshine the pre-skermish II sets innately? Also why only 23% haste?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-27 10:02:06
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Seike said: »
just wondering do you need the DA 1~2% on each of those Otronif pieces to make them better, or do they just outshine the pre-skermish II sets innately? Also why only 23% haste?

dropping a hit can outweigh haste, how much it is worth depends on your x-hit. Dropping from 5 to 6 hit was worth ~2% haste at 90 cap, dropping to 4 hit could be worth the 3% in Taint's set. The amount of multi-attack in that set is pretty powerful as well. 3% QA, 3% TA, 31% DA /war, and Zanhasso.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-27 10:03:23
Link | Citer | R

Body and Head need 2 DA. Otherwise use Porthos/Quauhpilli. Unaugged feet are about equal to Rank 15A Mikinaak. Hands don't need any augs.

23% Haste because Ionis has at least 2% gear haste now.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-27 10:07:17
Link | Citer | R

May also be worth noting that set assumes you have Samurai Roll. If you don't have SAM Roll, you can use the same set with the addition of Takaha Mantle to keep your 4-hit.
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-08-27 10:15:13
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
May also be worth noting that set assumes you have Samurai Roll. If you don't have SAM Roll, you can use the same set with the addition of Takaha Mantle to keep your 4-hit.

Carbonara is a better solution. Capping attack is easy. No reason to ever use JSE back.
By itchi508 2013-08-27 11:23:34
Link | Citer | R

Just changed my sets, this is what il use until i get DA on otronif Head Body Feet.

ItemSet 311896
ItemSet 311898

Thanks for input everyone ^
 Lakshmi.Guyledouche
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Guyledouche 2013-08-30 00:16:45
Link | Citer | R

For legs what is better for Shoha?

Otronif Brais
att +7

or

Miki. Cuisses
rank 15

thanks
 Odin.Zelphes
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-08-30 00:41:37
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Guyledouche said: »
For legs what is better for Shoha?

Otronif Brais
att +7

or

Miki. Cuisses
rank 15

thanks

Use miki when atk/acc starved. Otronif when not. Even without +2 DA (optimal), it has 1 more STR and 6 STP for WS
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40