Some Big Issues I Have With Scholar.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Some big issues I have with Scholar.
Some big issues I have with Scholar.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-06 03:59:32
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Greggles said:
I doubt it would. But assuming the Induration does 4k like your screenshot, that's 8kish along with a magic burst. Assuming I can pump off around a 5.5k Blizzard V, MB + Weather might equal around 7kish? Not sure exactly. But still, that's pretty awesome.

**edit** fixed wording >.>

i don't have magician staff and i can pull 5.6k blizzard4 on sch, and around 5.1k when klimaform is down , also sch does get more mp refresh tics than blm with sublimation only (11 ticks) without the need of a rdm...(unlike blm)
even without the need of parsimony sch will still pull better numbers than blm with just ebullience. if you have sch i think u already know this. unless your one of those sch that nukes with no obi/twilight cape/witch sash and using mp rings , nuking in full af3+2 doesn't cut it teal legs are better with vicious mufflers, i never seen any blm outperform my sch on abyssea or outside, a blu can out dd both jobs, but only limits to 1 spell for that
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-08-06 04:00:54
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Dodu said:
dying in Abyssea is both difficult and a non-issue
Its a non issue sure, but difficult? Nah, i could go into aby right now and kill myself in a couple seconds if I wanted to, it's not hard.

Keeping yourself from getting killed just got easier with all the temp items etc. But I'm sure thats what you meant.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-08-06 04:57:58
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
Lakshmi.Greggles said:
I doubt it would. But assuming the Induration does 4k like your screenshot, that's 8kish along with a magic burst. Assuming I can pump off around a 5.5k Blizzard V, MB + Weather might equal around 7kish? Not sure exactly. But still, that's pretty awesome.

**edit** fixed wording >.>

i don't have magician staff and i can pull 5.6k blizzard4 on sch, and around 5.1k when klimaform is down , also sch does get more mp refresh tics than blm with sublimation only (11 ticks) without the need of a rdm...(unlike blm)
even without the need of parsimony sch will still pull better numbers than blm with just ebullience. if you have sch i think u already know this. unless your one of those sch that nukes with no obi/twilight cape/witch sash and using mp rings , nuking in full af3+2 doesn't cut it teal legs are better with vicious mufflers, i never seen any blm outperform my sch on abyssea or outside, a blu can out dd both jobs, but only limits to 1 spell for that

Nah, I'm not one of those people, lol. But to be fair, I haven't really played SCH much since level 80. In Abyssea, where MP is limitless, I just like BLM more because I don't have to spam JAs as much(probably not a good excuse, as I blink the JAs and don't get animation locked in the first place). I'll probably pick my SCH up again and start playing it now that it's not gimp(I went and got some gear to make it not so ugh, lol).
 Lakshmi.Galith
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-08-06 05:03:22
Link | Citer | R

I want a SCH BFF to team up with and make a super long skillchain. ;_;
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-08-06 09:20:42
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Calamity said:
Is it me or did this topic suddenly become an argument that sch's don't need to be any stronger?
with the exception of the need for cure 5, this is true. also in abyssea SCH/RDM will virtually never run out of mp no matter how much work he does, the same cannot be said about BLM/RDM (Seriously who the *** subs sch on blm) inside AND outside abyssea. also a equally geared blm and an equally geared sch, sch will win in terms of damage and DOT, hands down, there is no *** arguing about that.
[+]
Serveur: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2011-08-06 09:32:04
Link | Citer | R

sch > blm and always will be. Don't have any proof of this, but trust me bro I play sch. I know these things.
 Sylph.Kiaru
Serveur: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-06 09:34:59
Link | Citer | R

Accession/manifestation SCH main only and cure5 in addeddum: white would fix the job pretty nicely.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kbeezie
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 11:03:55
Link | Citer | R

Honestly Scholars SHOULD get at least Cure V, as it is right now you can use Cure IV without needing to use Addendum: White. But do require Addendum: Black to use IV and V tier nukes. So why not make Cure V and possibly Cure VI available with Addendum: white.
By Artemicion 2011-08-17 11:13:38
Link | Citer | R

Not sure why you scholars want higher tier cures so bad when you're getting much cooler toys to play with :3
But yar, I understand you want to be versital and all.

[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-08-17 11:21:31
Link | Citer | R

You see how it looked like it DoT'd that Akrab? Did like 75% damage, then like 20% more and then finished it off. Or is that just lag?
By Artemicion 2011-08-17 11:22:51
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
You see how it looked like it DoT'd that Akrab? Did like 75% damage, then like 20% more and then finished it off. Or is that just lag?

Your eyes didn't deceive you.
Extremely potent damage off the bat, then severe DoT afterwards (assuming it lives).
Only downside is it is only castable while Tabula Rasa is up; however it works with Manifestation as you saw the the black mandies.

Apparently this spell will be Dark Magic based, meaning you won't need MAB, INT or all that junk; just lots of +skill. Not to mention dark magic is already pretty accurate.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-17 11:24:06
Link | Citer | R

Is that one of the Tabula Rasa spells?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-17 11:25:34
Link | Citer | R

I'm kinda hoping they give some new SCH only spells soon, that don't need Tabula Rasa to be activated. Even if they were only castable in a certain stratagem or something, that would be pretty dope.
By Artemicion 2011-08-17 11:28:42
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said: »
Is that one of the Tabula Rasa spells?

Yeah, I think it's the offensive side to the proposed "Bravery" being castable with Tabula Rasa.
I like what I see but alas obviously rather lengthy and conditional.

Strategem conditional spells would be much cooler. That's a great idea actually. Like give a cure spell exclusive to SCH but only works with Rapture. Or a strong *** regen but only with Accession.
This could apply offensively too :3
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-17 11:28:57
Link | Citer | R

That look cool o.o
 Siren.Nehalania
user: Nehalania
By Siren.Nehalania 2011-08-17 11:39:15
Link | Citer | R

Wow, the new spell really looks nice!
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-08-17 11:45:26
Link | Citer | R

Does it appear to anyone else that it may not break a hold type spell of Break or Bind? I mean that assumes that the mob is held in the vid in the first place. Would be icing on the cake.

And looks like a new way to cap azure pretty fast at least lol.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 11:56:46
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Well... can only use it once every 2 hours...
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-08-17 12:03:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Haruhigumi said: »

Tabla Rasa >> Merton a ton of crap >> Cap Azure >> Get ISL chests >> ?? >> profit?
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-17 12:04:55
Link | Citer | R

Will only apply to the mob thats red/purple, the white ones wont give light.
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-08-17 12:06:39
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said: »
Not sure why you scholars want higher tier cures so bad when you're getting much cooler toys to play with :3
But yar, I understand you want to be versital and all.

LOL at the little mandy that didnt die
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 12:08:44
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said: »

Tabla Rasa >> Merton a ton of crap >> Cap Azure >> Get ISL chests >> ?? >> profit?

But I'm wondering if it's gone cast as fast as the video shows, or if the casting time is going to take upward to a minute (Which is about the duration of tabula rusa). Though if you got tabula rusa on you, there's no reason you can't just load up on stratagems.
 Bismarck.Faelar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-08-17 15:51:48
Link | Citer | R

She had no MP while casting Merton either.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-08-17 15:57:43
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said: »

But I'm wondering if it's gone cast as fast as the video shows, or if the casting time is going to take upward to a minute (Which is about the duration of tabula rusa). Though if you got tabula rusa on you, there's no reason you can't just load up on stratagems.

WARs often speed up their FC parties with the use of Mighty Strikes then just pop ISLs to refresh their 2hrs.

I wonder if it breaks "Hold" type spells like Break and Bind.
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2011-08-17 16:02:50
Link | Citer | R

The only problem I see with SCHs getting Cure V would be that outside abyssea, the only difference between a WHM and a SCH would basically be Cureskin. SCH will have an advantage in the MP department as well. As this game evolves to outside abyssea, it would be nice to see WHM have the best cure still (Cure VI is useless outside aby, and very meh inside).

Then again, I have WHM but not SCH, so obviously I'm a little biased. I just think it would be a little unbalanced to have a job that can nuke around the same as BLM and cure just as well as a WHM. SE wants balance, not one job taking over two.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-08-17 16:13:40
Link | Citer | R

How is cure6 very "meh" inside...
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 16:18:30
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
How is cure6 very "meh" inside...

I'm wondering this as well, perhaps said so in relations to using Atmas maybe?
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2011-08-17 16:52:14
Link | Citer | R

I might have gone a little too far when I said "very meh", so I'll change to to just "meh". The reason why i feel that way, with how I play whm, Cure V almost always is enough. I find throwing around VIs when curing a big group depletes MP way too fast. I get the most use out of VI during cleaves, where I almost have no choice but to V > VI spam.

EDIT: Atmas I use on WHM are MM, Stormbird, Ambition for a total of 20mp/tic
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-17 16:53:11
Link | Citer | R

Cure V is never even close to enough after taking a ton of damage.