INT+ Over Magic Atk Bonus?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » INT+ over magic atk bonus?
INT+ over magic atk bonus?
First Page 2 3 4
 Bismarck.Robbyodom
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Robbyodom 2011-04-08 21:13:55
Link | Citer | R

Im looking to gear up my blm but cant think of which is better to use. INT+ or Magic Atk Bonus? Friend in the game told me 2 Int = 1 MAB. Is this true?

Edit: Plus should i work on INT+ or MP+ gear
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-08 21:19:34
Link | Citer | R

No it isn't true. It's dependent on which spell dint and how much mab you already have. To get a closer ratio you'd really need to math it out.

Also never do mp over int.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Feisei
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-04-08 21:52:50
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
No it isn't true. It's dependent on which spell dint and how much mab you already have. To get a closer ratio you'd really need to math it out.

Also never do mp over int.

I poked you :o
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-08 21:55:03
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Feisei said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
No it isn't true. It's dependent on which spell dint and how much mab you already have. To get a closer ratio you'd really need to math it out. Also never do mp over int.
I poked you :o
Lol saw that
 Bahamut.Feisei
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-04-08 21:57:51
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-04-08 22:02:08
Link | Citer | R

I'm not a BLM but I'll try to give my opinion on MP gear.

The only thing MP would have any use for is to boost your MP up so you can get off a few free nukes, and put it away until you rest to full again. MP is only as good as money, once you spend it its gone. If you are at 500/1500 MP you wont benefit it. I wouldn't go as far as to say MP is totally useless, because it does has its uses.

Lets say Mage1 has the absolute best nuking gear in the game. Then here comes Mage2 who has a lot of MP gear on. Mage1 only has 1000 MP while Mage2 has 1500 MP. Who will end up doing more dmg? If Mage2 switches into Mage1's gear after they use up their extra MP then Mage2 would end up doing more overall DMG.

Mage1 (1000 MP)
Start<--------------------------->Stop

Mage2 (1500 MP)
Start<--------->Switch|Start<--------------------------->Stop

But if you have an insane amount of refresh and will never run out of MP for long... its best to forget about the MP thing most likely as you'll end up falling behind on DMG. In other words, if you don't really run out of MP then MP gear is completely useless~

Basically you gotta ask yourself how often do you rest and if you rest to full. MP should be one of the last things you work on as any mage be it WHM or BLM or RDM or BLU because your core qualities are what matter the most.

This isn't just about Abyssea either.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-08 22:07:38
Link | Citer | R

I use allure sometimes... but thats ALOT of mp and I don't have ultimate and the -emnity is awesome as well

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Valmur
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-04-08 22:15:29
Link | Citer | R

But no fast cast omg! the blm/sch alacrity peeps will rage!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-08 22:21:19
Link | Citer | R

I use blm/wm + thf/nin quite frequently for low manning random seals. Allure sucks though, beyond better to help get some azure/faster kills. Apoc + MM + Beyond.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-08 22:21:54
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I use allure sometimes... but thats ALOT of mp and I don't have ultimate and the -emnity is awesome as well
Same. with Surya +2 and /whm it makes a blm a decent healer low manning too
gtfo with your /whm!
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-04-08 22:22:23
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Same. with Surya +2 and /whm it makes a blm a decent healer low manning too
gtfo with your /whm!
wheres the house gtfo pic :<
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-08 22:22:29
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I use blm/wm + thf/nin quite frequently for low manning random seals. Allure sucks though, beyond better to help get some azure/faster kills. Apoc + MM + Beyond.
apoc... on blm... gtfo
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-08 22:26:41
Link | Citer | R

Um yes.. the object isn't to take hate or deal max damage. It's to proc grellow, insta cast proc helps a lot and auto-reraise if necessary.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-08 22:31:50
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Um yes.. the object isn't to take hate or deal max damage. It's to proc grellow, insta cast proc helps a lot and auto-reraise if necessary.
Orly?

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Make up your mind please

Also allure kinda ensures you don't take hate...
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-08 22:36:01
Link | Citer | R

No it doesn't ensure that you don't take it. Yes one is to help speed up kills the other is to help proc grellow with a safety net of auto reraise.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-04-08 22:40:15
Link | Citer | R

I sometimes use Apoc on BLM, especially when duo'ing or solo'ing, saves having to carry a RR item around and I hate having to HP with lots of time stored if the ***really gets nasty.

And the insta-cast does help for proc if it kicks in, especially for AM1.

Not my preferred choice for normal situations but as I said, duo or solo yes, its handy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-08 22:41:01
Link | Citer | R

Also you can cap -enmity w/o your precious allure atma.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-08 22:43:41
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Can do it without any gear with it. While getting tons of mp and mnd for helping debuffs.

Can proc just fine without your precious random insta cast and put up rr. Good luck dieing with 2k mp though
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-08 22:47:51
Link | Citer | R

No debate against that, but it helps. Also auto reraise is more beneficial than not having to wear -enm gear/extra mnd just for the saftey net when duoing thf + blm. As a thf you evade most things anyway for slow/para to not really matter. If a BLM for whatever reasons gets knocked out and then reraises and gets knocked out again you are screwed. These are pretty rare but they do happen, especially against hate reset NMs.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-08 22:49:25
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Can do it without any gear with it. While getting tons of mp and mnd for helping debuffs.

Can proc just fine without your precious random insta cast and put up rr. Good luck dieing with 2k mp though

Wait what?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-08 22:52:53
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Can do it without any gear with it. While getting tons of mp and mnd for helping debuffs. Can proc just fine without your precious random insta cast and put up rr. Good luck dieing with 2k mp though
Wait what?
Manawall is good times. I ride the timer and extend it if I don't have anything useful to do. Only time you should really take dmg is if the thf or dies anyways. Why you would die twice in a row like that idk. Maybe you don't have enough -emnity ;) or that other new awesome blm ja.

Meh you use what you want. Most the time I get to come on blm I'm there to proc and then do some dmg or if I couldn't switch to blu rq. Quick spam is useful
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-08 23:01:21
Link | Citer | R

Or maybe you used them both already and you died due to hate reset? How does it protect vs hate reset after its been already used? You try and store revitalizers just so you can justify using a garbage atma? Have you never died twice in a row?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-08 23:18:16
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Or maybe you used them both already and you died due to hate reset? How does it protect vs hate reset after its been already used? You try and store revitalizers just so you can justify using a garbage atma? Have you never died twice in a row?
Your situation seems highly improbably.

Your saying the mob forced you to use both jas and then still managed to kill you before your thf gets hate back and then have it kill you right away again in less than 10 min period?

Seriously how do you do that? You have to get a decent amount of hate to worry about using manawall then have it reset then wait for thf to get hate back then get have it reset again to use Enmity Douse. Then you need to get some decent hate again and have it reset again just to kill you the first. And all in less than 10 min. While having capped -emnity.

Nope that has never ever happened to me. Not even close. Maybe get a better tank or use more -emnity or don't spam spells so much

And your not using RR items/spell is even worse justification for a garbage atma for non physical DDs
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-09 00:36:14
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Your situation seems highly improbably.

Your saying the mob forced you to use both jas and then still managed to kill you before your thf gets hate back and then have it kill you right away again in less than 10 min period?

Seriously how do you do that? You have to get a decent amount of hate to worry about using manawall then have it reset then wait for thf to get hate back then get have it reset again to use Enmity Douse. Then you need to get some decent hate again and have it reset again just to kill you the first. And all in less than 10 min. While having capped -emnity.

Nope that has never ever happened to me. Not even close. Maybe get a better tank or use more -emnity or don't spam spells so much

And your not using RR items/spell is even worse justification for a garbage atma for non physical DDs

Auto-reraise and insta-cast are garbage for non physical DDs, you heard it here first.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 00:40:22
Link | Citer | R

You called mp -emnity and mnd garbage. I figured I'd follow suit. Except of course allure is actually significantly more useful.

But sure. Yes insta cast is vastly over-rated. Oh nos you casted instantly. 90% of the time it wont make 1 difference. And the times it would make a difference you can't plan for so you have to plan for it not proccing. In fact it can actually *** you up.

Insta RR is almost always a crutch at best. But sure if you are dual boxing half asleep it's nice. And nin does nice things with it.

But really setting an atma for that.. seriously.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-09 00:52:41
Link | Citer | R

So -Enmity when its not needed due to capping it other ways and MND that makes no difference in a fight where enfeebles aren't going to make or break is vastly better? It's not a crutch, its a safety net. Like I said, a lot of NMs have hate reset. You must fight nothing but exp mobs because on heroes NMs/scars a lot of them have hate reset. Insta cast proc on a stun or grellow spell will do a lot more over time than a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE extra MND for something where you either don't need it or mobs immune or it won't make much of a difference.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 00:58:04
Link | Citer | R

Lol insta cast on stun. Now I know you are trolling. Insta cast on the 1-4 proc spells you cast per fight.. oh yeah that's so useful. Ya for saving a couple of seconds casting. Lot's of nms with hate reset... yeah sure a small handful.

Those debuffs could save the blms life easy. That -emnity lets the tank get hate back faster. And show me this set your blm uses that caps him -emnity so everyone can laugh at anyone actually casting in it.

Safety nets are aren't safety nets if you can avoid needing them easily every time. They are either useless or crutches at that point
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-09 01:11:21
Link | Citer | R

ITT shitty mages use APOC atma
[+]
First Page 2 3 4