INT+ Over Magic Atk Bonus?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » INT+ over magic atk bonus?
INT+ over magic atk bonus?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-09 02:58:44
Link | Citer | R

In fact, pretty much overall imo but that is for another discussion.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 02:59:51
Link | Citer | R

There is very little benefit to apoc in the duo setup you are talking about either. Or overall (outside of triple attack of course)

Just take it off and compare to when it's on. Track how long it takes to kill mob. Or do whatever weird parse you want to do. I bet the difference will be so slight you wont notice
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-09 03:01:25
Link | Citer | R

Compared to what? Allure, where the -enmity isn't doing ***for me in that situation, where the +mp isn't doing ***and where a measly 30mnd will make such a HUGE difference? I think I will stick with the auto-reraise saftey net and my nice insta cast procs. You are severely undervaluing apoc atma.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 03:04:15
Link | Citer | R

I meant compared to nothing. Yes I meant it will do next to nothing for your kill speed if anything at all. It could be doing something for you if your blm wasn't such a pussy and casted more.

You are seriously over estimating it. And underestimating slow/para. It isn't just more potency but can make the difference in actually landing it or not

I bet you you will kill nms faster with allure than apoc on your blm.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-09 03:06:34
Link | Citer | R

Herp derp, allure does nothing for damage. In a duo situation your concern shouldn't be with dmg until grellow is done. Afterwards you can nuke freely. I said this in an earlier post, you nuke freely until you get hate and use manawall/enmity douse and then nuke freely again and accomplice. NMs won't last long enough for anything else to matter. In that situation you will most likely get a apoc proc on a nuke and double your dmg for most part, allure will be doing NOTHING during that time except a few extra mp for another nuke (provided you run out... which not really possible with temp items/martello use).
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 03:15:07
Link | Citer | R

Herp a derp insta cast does nothing for dmg either!!!

Think outside the box. The less your tank spends casting utsesmi the more time he is DDing. The less time you have to cure him the more time you have to nuke also less emnity you have and more mp. And in a duo situation with so few procs you should always care about dmg you aren't killing ***that fast. And sure crap nms wont last long enough to worry about emnity if your jas are up... but +2 mobs often will so yeah emnity matters. What happens if you don't get a proc on that nuke which is very easily likely. Yep it's doing nothing. Apoc proc doesn't even come close to doubling your dmg. You save all of a bout 3-4 seconds casting blizz 5 on insta cast. Are you seriously non stop nuking once you proc outside of jaing? Do you have no other nukes? Cause I call bs if you do. And who the hell fights near martellos with any consistancy?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-09 03:18:56
Link | Citer | R

Yes you non stop nuke once you proc grellow, provided there isn't damage resistances or absorptions. Why not? The only time you stop and take concern for enmity is when you run out of tools to lose it, accomplice etc.

Quote:
The less your tank spends casting utsesmi the more time he is DDing.

Have you ever tanked on THF? lol

Quote:
And in a duo situation with so few procs you should always care about dmg you aren't killing ***that fast.

What? You must play with some shitty *** thf's then. My THF is all the dmg I really need, BLM is there to speed it up after grellow proc.

Quote:
Apoc proc doesn't even come close to doubling your dmg. You save all of a bout 3-4 seconds casting blizz 5 on insta cast

Good lord, do you realize you can cast it again 1 second after you just used it? Compared to the 30~ish seconds normally? How is that not double dmg?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 03:24:55
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Yes you non stop nuke once you proc grellow, provided there isn't damage resistances or absorptions. Why not? The only time you stop and take concern for enmity is when you run out of tools to lose it, accomplice etc.
Um cause you will die... idk maybe you blms dmg just sucks I guess.

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Quote:
The less your tank spends casting utsesmi the more time he is DDing.
Have you ever tanked on THF? lol
I believe I already said that but regardless it's just common sense.

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Quote:
And in a duo situation with so few procs you should always care about dmg you aren't killing ***that fast.
What? You must play with some shitty *** thf's then. My THF is all the dmg I really need, BLM is there to speed it up after grellow proc.
Sounds more like you have a shitting blm that takes forever to find procs. Even crap nms have decent amounts of hp you aren't killing them in a minute. Yes a thf can do all the dmg... that's not the point. Faster kills are

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Quote:
Apoc proc doesn't even come close to doubling your dmg. You save all of a bout 3-4 seconds casting blizz 5 on insta cast
Good lord, do you realize you can cast it again 1 second after you just used it? Compared to the 30~ish seconds normally? How is that not double dmg?
... really? You just cast a nuke and sit there and don't do anything for 30 seconds then nuke again. Yep your blm is the shittiest abyssea burned one I've ever heard of. And you are an idiot for telling him not to do something else in the mean time. And even then that wouldn't double your dmg unless somehow the tank does all the dmg in time for you to have only done 1 nuke.... oh wait you are casting proc spells. Nope guess that isn't happening then
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-09 03:27:41
Link | Citer | R

HMMMM

Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 03:31:17
Link | Citer | R

If 1 insta cast doubles your dmg does chainspell give you infinite dmg?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-09 03:40:44
Link | Citer | R

Only if you have atma of allure on for the hidden MAB+9001
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 03:44:07
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Only if you have atma of allure on for the hidden MAB+9001
Shush it's a secret (only active during brew).... wouldn't that just be a kick in the pants though. If some atmas had different effects under brew. Especially ones that mostly do things that the brew caps anyways so you wouldn't even think about it
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-09 05:37:31
Link | Citer | R

Gonna have to agree with Dasva here, if I'm healing on BLM dualbox or something, MM Allure Beyond all the way.

The only time I use Apoc on BLM is if I duo CC as BLMx2 for some easy nukes :P
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-09 05:39:28
Link | Citer | R

I don't understand, I really don't.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 05:41:41
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I don't understand, I really don't.
It's ok I don't think anyone understands you using apoc
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-09 05:47:52
Link | Citer | R

Someone said they use it as well a few pages back, nice try!
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 05:52:00
Link | Citer | R

He said sometimes... and it was mostly out of laziness because of RR lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-09 05:56:16
Link | Citer | R

But yeah, with 1 DD on it, the mob gets very little tp.
So, it's easy to land proc spells, and you rarely need to stun.
Having more MP to nuke more, is a bigger benefit, atleast for me in these situations.
Often find myself nuking away all my mp, just using the little I can refresh back for stun and cures >_>
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-04-09 06:04:53
Link | Citer | R

AoA doesn't increase overall DMG at all, or at best, very marginally vs. no atma at all. Regardless of whether you instantly cast a spell or not, you're bound by the same timers (since realistically you can empty your pool and not see a single proc), same MP pool, same MP cost, at best it helps you empty your pool in a shorter amount of time, it'll gain you maybe 30 seconds to get a head start /healing over the other guy using another atma since it's proc rate is so low. It's nice when it procs on Stun, or Utsusemi, or Stoneskin, or anything really, but it's so small a gain.

Oh, and suck less if you need Apoc's auto RR for success.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-09 06:06:13
Link | Citer | R

i used to use mm/ambition/allure for grellow. now i use mm/ambition/apoc. yes, i do ***damage, but i heal fine either way.

personally i find apoc nice for recast on cure iv too.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-09 06:06:47
Link | Citer | R

Oh, and if you need the stun timer so often, I'm pretty sure its a bigger benefit to use the atma from rani, or omnipotent for overall better stun timer :P
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-04-09 06:56:10
Link | Citer | R

I use MM, Beyond, and Ultimate in Xp parties. If procing, I swap ultimate with foe flayer
By Eirza 2011-04-09 11:59:34
Link | Citer | R

WOW you 2 sure love to argue >< time to get a life or something close to it? But with the 5/5 +2 Goetia set I can see where Allure would come in more handy thanks to the dmg bonus the set will give. Now Dasva and Draylo this section was originally to compare INT over MAB getting a weebit off topic dont ya think?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Robbyodom
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Robbyodom 2011-04-09 13:55:16
Link | Citer | R

i really need to get some Atmas. Ive been using MM, and Atma of Gale >.<
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-09 14:06:37
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
I never use APOC on whm or blm mule either. Allure and 15/tick refresh, beyond and 15/tick or Sea daughter and 15/tick refresh depending on my needs that fight. bring your own reraise

Personally I use MM Beyond Ultimate most of the time, rarely really need 15tic refresh..
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [207 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Caius
user: Lavid
By Cerberus.Caius 2011-11-02 21:06:57
Link | Citer | R

This ever good to use? I've never got too caught up in the math of nuking, at least the really in depth for whats slightly better than what and when. I've only seen a handful of these on other people. Majority are the augmented diamond rings or icesoul rings, so i figured I'd throw it out there and find out.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-11-02 21:46:58
Link | Citer | R

Though it was .5 MaB for any INT that goes over the monster natural INT.Remember back at 75, some1 told me to get (for stuff like ouryu/fafnir ect not puddings..) something like 120 int total (gears + natural int) then pure MaB > Int > Magic acc > Elemental skill.

Does that calculation still stands?And anyone know what is the new base int we should have?Always wondered but never bothered with all the new gear/MM atma.
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-11-02 22:02:49
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Vaness said: »
Though it was .5 MaB for any INT that goes over the monster natural INT.Remember back at 75, some1 told me to get (for stuff like ouryu/fafnir ect not puddings..) something like 120 int total (gears + natural int) then pure MaB > Int > Magic acc > Elemental skill. Does that calculation still stands?And anyone know what is the new base int we should have?Always wondered but never bothered with all the new gear/MM atma.

([Your int - mob int] *(spell multiplier here) +(spell base here)) *(staff bonus+atma ele. attackbonus here) *(day/weather bonus here) *(MAB bonus here) *(additional damage here(ie mob taking extra damage etc)

This is all you need to know^

The whole 120/320 int, 1int to 2mab and all that is just numbers being thrown around in a specific situation for a specific gear set for a specific tier set nuke.

The only actual trial and error that youll get stuck with is just basically guesstimating your mobs int. It can be difficult at times since mobs have mdb/-dt% or a specific resist rate.

** note: HQ staff step is a seperate step from atma ele. attack unlike magi+3 staff which is additive with atma ele.attack %)
[+]